• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Why why why why why do we continue to do such stupid penalties. Was about to be third and long and now a first down. So stupid

bdubyab60

HorseFeathers

If we had even an average offense we'd be a 6-8 win team I think....

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

It's very inconsistent. It's one thing though for the defense to make a play and stop you. But we literally stop ourselves with the stupidest plays. Even to the point of tackling our own players

HorseFeathers

Maybe it's the Bielema effect....maybe it's this coaching staff....It's helped me that I considered this a lost season anyway

bdubyab60

I'm just sitting here like meh now. I will keep my hopes in check next year as well

bigworm

This crap is so not entertaining. Makes me want to puke. But for some reason i cant turn the channel.

DerekOxford

Going to take at least 2-3 recruiting classes to even get competitive again.

If Chad Morris ever wins 7 regular season games here, I'll be shocked. I don't think he'll be given a fourth year if it's 2-10, 3-9, 5-7.

And that's not me taking shots at Chad Morris. I think he's a fine coach and man. Just the situation he and the program is in.

HorseFeathers

So what happened? I fell asleep it was 24-3, and I see we lost 24-17?

bdubyab60

I did the same thing HF. It just goes to inconsistency of this team and staff.

And look guys it's one thing to be bad. But comically bad is another thing. We now have plays 1 and 2 on worst plays of the year. Announcers making fun of us. That's what stings worse than a loss.

I would applaud the effort to stay in this game. But it really sounds like LSU let up or was fine with running clock. And the reason I'm not gonna is their first two scores. Especially the second, just go back and watch our DBs or even the entire team on that play.

And I'm in the same boat with DO but I think Morris will get 5-6 years if the wins are going up. Unless we continue to have these boneheaded plays. Cause I can just about guarantee that crap happens in practice as well.

HorseFeathers

Valleysports

Morris is driving a mini-van in the Daytona 500..  I see considerable improvement, but also see the serious limitations.  It takes athletes to run the pedal down, left lane, creative offensive plays some of you are looking for.  If Morris can actually upgrade this team to 4 star, over the next couple years, positive things could happen.

bdubyab60

Yiu don't have to have superstars to not tackle each other in the backfield and to look like a prepared football team.

Right now I'd take that. Just a fairly clean game where we look like we have played footballs before

gameoflife

Another bad game with bad offense and defense.  91 Total yards through 3 quarters.   Obvously LSU let the foot off the gas and moved over to the right lane in the 4th.  Anybody who doesn't think they could have scored at the end to make it 31 is kidding themselves.  Look at LSU's last drive, the RB isn't tackled, he is going down with little resistance.  I think it was LSU running out the clock, they didn't even take a last play from the 1 when they clearly had time.  They were satisfied with the win.
16 rushing yards on 19 attempts, no running game and except for a few late game heroics not enough offense for any good team. 
Morris clearly has no control of the behavior of the players,  stupid penalties game after game and penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct because we scored and have to show out with endzone . Celebrations because we scored, losing but "look at Me"., We want to talk trash to other teams as if we are doing something in the game but we are getting killed.  I don't care much for trash talk but doing it when you are getting beaten is just ugly.
You cannot fix a team as bad as UA if you cannot control the conduct of the players.

Valleysports

November 11, 2018, 11:24:04 am #1015 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:46:10 am by Valleysports
Discipline is easier when you have backup players.  Bench a few show-boats and you'll really be whining about the Hog Coach's inability to coach and recruit.  Hard to balance between whiny fans, attracting recruits, and actually putting an SEC Team on the field.  Do you see anything positive bduby60?  Anything since the North Texas game?  Next year should be a bit cleaner with some players having a year of Morris play calling, however hopefully there will be freshmen all over the field.   

Missouri is better than Vanderbilt - lol.

RZback

Quote from: gameoflife on November 11, 2018, 10:54:55 am
Another bad game with bad offense and defense.  91 Total yards through 3 quarters.   Obvously LSU let the foot off the gas and moved over to the right lane in the 4th.  Anybody who doesn't think they could have scored at the end to make it 31 is kidding themselves.  Look at LSU's last drive, the RB isn't tackled, he is going down with little resistance.  I think it was LSU running out the clock, they didn't even take a last play from the 1 when they clearly had time.  They were satisfied with the win.
16 rushing yards on 19 attempts, no running game and except for a few late game heroics not enough offense for any good team. 
Morris clearly has no control of the behavior of the players,  stupid penalties game after game and penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct because we scored and have to show out with endzone . Celebrations because we scored, losing but "look at Me"., We want to talk trash to other teams as if we are doing something in the game but we are getting killed.  I don't care much for trash talk but doing it when you are getting beaten is just ugly.
You cannot fix a team as bad as UA if you cannot control the conduct of the players.

Sadly this is largely true. 

gameoflife

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2018, 11:24:04 am
Discipline is easier when you have backup players.  Bench a few show-boats and you'll really be whining about the Hog Coach's inability to coach and recruit.  Hard to balance between whiny fans, attracting recruits, and actually putting an SEC Team on the field.  Do you see anything positive bduby60?  Anything since the North Texas game?  Next year should be a bit cleaner with some players having a year of Morris play calling, however hopefully there will be freshmen all over the field.   

Missouri is better than Vanderbilt - lol.
Of course there have been some positives. Very few though and I think that just about every time we do something positive we do something doubly ridiculous to over shadow the positive. To the point of laughable at times.

We will be 2-10 at years end. Worst season I can remember and it's not just wins and losses. It looked bad.

Now the recruiting is looking up. Does that help next year. Maybe a little but by and large the best players we will have will be freshman. I'm still not sold on the staff. I understand the limitations offensively. But coaching decisions cost us two games easily.

I expect the next two games to be blowouts. MSU is pretty good defensively and they have enough offense to shrewd us to bits. Missouri I wouldn't be surprised to see 300 to 400 yards of passing against us.

I'll still watch though. That's what fans do right

bdubyab60

At my mothers for Sunday dinner. She sees the play where we tackled each other in the backfield. She said did this really happen. I said yes. Her reply, that's like something you would see pee wee kids do.

Valleysports

haha and it was perfect - bam - like a 3 stooges skit.  Both fell backwards in sync..  Can't believe it's not #1 on highlights yet.  ;D 

nuttinbuthogs

Have to have control of how the players conduct themselves during the game as well as how they execute their offensive or defensive responsibility.  At this point we seem to have a lot of players that cannot do one or the other or both.  I think that part is a coaching issue.  If they don't do what they are taught then why are they on the field?

AirWarren

Turned it off at half. Had a great day in the woods to come home to that game. 

We are now #10 in Nation in recruiting though.

bleudog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 11, 2018, 03:33:17 pm
At my mothers for Sunday dinner. She sees the play where we tackled each other in the backfield. She said did this really happen. I said yes. Her reply, that's like something you would see pee wee kids do.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1061435952164429825

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2018, 04:38:29 pm
haha and it was perfect - bam - like a 3 stooges skit.  Both fell backwards in sync..  Can't believe it's not #1 on highlights yet.  ;D
I kind of just shook my head as if like yiu cant make this ish up. Then that giggle folks do when things are just piling on.

Then just go so bored I fell asleep.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on November 11, 2018, 08:07:54 pm
Turned it off at half. Had a great day in the woods to come home to that game. 

Ine of the few positives this year. Hopefully some real difference makers in this group and hopefully we get them to campus

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on November 11, 2018, 08:07:54 pm

Are you kidding me - Hogs got Devin Bush!!!  How is this Morris guy landing this kind of talent?  I don't know who Devin Bush is other than being a 4 star corner back other schools wanted..  Congratulations

AirWarren

Quote from: Valleysports on November 12, 2018, 12:00:23 pm
Are you kidding me - Hogs got Devin Bush!!!  How is this Morris guy landing this kind of talent?  I don't know who Devin Bush is other than being a 4 star corner back other schools wanted..  Congratulations

Our current class commits are really helping to sell the program along with the staff.

Trojanbird

If Morris can put together a couple of back to back classes like this, we will be back sooner than later!

nuttinbuthogs

What class are all these commits?  I know he has been offering for future classes and not just 2019.  One thing for sure, if he can get them signed and in school, we will find out whether his critics are correct about his level of coaching ability. 

bdubyab60

footballfan-tastic

So up to a #10 recruiting class. Pretty good. Playing with a bunch of freshmen may not be as good as some will expect, may take a few classes like that to get in the hunt.

DerekOxford

There is no guarantee that top 10 recruiting classes ensure that a team will become nationally relevant.

For example, in 2014, Tennessee had the No. 5 class in America and Texas A&M No. 6. Both coaches ended up being fired at the end of the 2017 season. That means those classes, as seniors, got their coach fired.

In Tennessee's case, it was just like Morris. His first full class after a year on the job. And Butch Jones had more of a track record than Morris has.

High Voltage

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 14, 2018, 10:50:32 pm
There is no guarantee that top 10 recruiting classes ensure that a team will become nationally relevant.

For example, in 2014, Tennessee had the No. 5 class in America and Texas A&M No. 6. Both coaches ended up being fired at the end of the 2017 season. That means those classes, as seniors, got their coach fired.

In Tennessee's case, it was just like Morris. His first full class after a year on the job. And Butch Jones had more of a track record than Morris has.
+1

gameoflife

If the players are as good as touted and the team is terrible and the coach gets fired, that's the coaches fault or the players fault.  If he got talent and then didn't coach em well enough isn't that on him.  If he coaches hard and they are lazy, bad attitude, do nothings isn't that still on him for the bad evaluation of the players he recruitied?  Seems it falls on the coach at some level. 

bigworm

Quote from: gameoflife on November 15, 2018, 02:51:28 pm
If the players are as good as touted and the team is terrible and the coach gets fired, that's the coaches fault or the players fault.  If he got talent and then didn't coach em well enough isn't that on him.  If he coaches hard and they are lazy, bad attitude, do nothings isn't that still on him for the bad evaluation of the players he recruitied?  Seems it falls on the coach at some level.

Agreed

footballfan-tastic

What are the odds on a win in today's game? I believe they are the 6th best ranked defense in the nation.  What is the outlook for our offense? 
To save any chance of looking like the program is improving we need to win the last two games.  I don't see it happening and I think we are in for 3 years of struggle before we really begin to be competitive. 
Anybody think we will make quicker progress.

bleudog

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on November 17, 2018, 09:41:46 am
What are the odds on a win in today's game? I believe they are the 6th best ranked defense in the nation.  What is the outlook for our offense? 
To save any chance of looking like the program is improving we need to win the last two games.  I don't see it happening and I think we are in for 3 years of struggle before we really begin to be competitive. 
Anybody think we will make quicker progress.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=300937

bdubyab60

7% and now about .00000000.0000001. Next week 9% until KO

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The thing that upsets me the most about this season is the fact that we'll acknowledge the fact that we should try new options, yet do nothing that contributes to the development of the team

bdubyab60

Pettway makes that good play then costs us a TD right after

bdubyab60

I swear I could get open on our secondary. No clue who to cover

The Future

I swear. Being a hog fan, you hurt to the point where you laugh at how bad we are, and then that makes you hurt again.
You then swear you're done with it all.
Then the next weekend, there you are watching the game.

You can say what you want about the Hogs. But the fans are loyal to the point of being gluttons for punishment it seems.

beach bum

Well at least we're improving as the season goes along  8) ..... And we're making lots of adjustments for the 2nd half to always look so good.

bdubyab60

RZback

Oh guys. please tell me you are just joking.  Fans attending games is pitiful, about half what the stadium holds.  And I sure hope you were joking about making adjustments and getting better.
There is bad, worse, more worse and then somewhere way beyond that is Arkansas. 
The only hope we have is Morris is a miracle recruiter and all these kids show up and can really play and he can really coach, because right now it doesn't look too good. 
Another bad showing and dumb moves.

bdubyab60

I'll watch again next week. It's what fans do.

We will probably get blown out again and drop like our 5th or 6th straight against Missouri.

But I'll watch and complain. WPS we are so bad

beach bum

November 17, 2018, 06:45:41 pm #1048 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:47:42 pm by beach bum
Oh yea I am totally joking..... And when people keep talking about our recruits I keep thinking in my mind well Florida, Georgia, Miss State, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, and Alabama are recruiting just as good or better so it does not assure anything really and they will maintain that level so we better do it on a year to year basis or we have no shot.

As for next year if he does not win 6 games that is pretty sad. It will be the second year in his system and the schedule is soft as tissue for one more year before it gets much harder in 2020. We play four non power 5's again for the last time. If he can't sweep Portland State, Colorado State, San Jose State, and Western Kentucky all being played in Fayetteville that is just awful. I never thought I would say this, but that is even easier than this years non conference. Throw in there is no way Kentucky will be that good again which is who we draw along with Mizzou from the East. The schedule is quite weird next year all together. Ole Miss and Kentucky are early in the year. If we can't be sitting at 4-2 or 5-2 early on its going to be ugly again. The second half of the year it gets tough. It may be an odd year where you don't really even no the true ability of the team until about after 8 games cause the odd schedule set up.

We may go 6-6 next year and I can already see people saying  "oh look we improved so much and might win 9 in 2020..... No way, we are still at least until 2021 until you can think about 8 or 9 wins. Anything less than 7-5 next year is not good enough with how easy a schedule we have in the non conference. So if we win 6 games should we all be excited about winning 2 out of 8 games against real competition? Of course we shouldn't....5-7 or 4-8 and CCM is showing his true colors already even just after 2 years.

Valleysports

November 17, 2018, 07:25:27 pm #1049 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:39:10 am by Valleysports
Is there a reason Arkansas should not be at the bottom of the SEC West?  An entitlement or participation award we haven't heard about.  Year after year of having bottom of the SEC West ranked recruit classes.  Arkansas is exactly what it recruited, about 3 star at this time.

A reference was made to Tenn, A&M, LSU, having higher ranked recruits yet their coaches were fired.  Those higher ranked classes (programs) left a foundation for the new coaches to work with.  What's A&M 7-4 in Jim Bob's first year?  LSU 9-2.  And these new coaches have the highest ranked teams, in all the land, for next year and there after. 

What has happened to make Hog Fans believe Arkansas should be an SEC West contender? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas