• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Football Hogs in Top 14

Started by bleudog, June 13, 2015, 02:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

fastdrop

I could see a sec west team losing 3 or 4 conference games and still stay in the top 14.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on July 18, 2015, 04:03:37 pm
I could see a sec west team losing 3 or 4 conference games and still stay in the top 14.

Doubtful this year, we'll have to win 4/5 national championships in a row again to get the street cred from the Yankee reporters.

The Future

Valleysports

July 20, 2015, 07:11:01 pm #4 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:04:26 am by Valleysports
Arkansas just took the lead 21-14, over A&M, with a fake punt.  1 min before the half.  Studying this game - it's not how I remembered it.  Don't watch!!!!

Arkansas vs Alabama now - sure are some good games.  Everybody going to be a little better this year, except Miss...

Cool Lids

Man, Hogs make no sense. Might win 10 games or might win 5 games.

Valleysports

That's a fairly accurate prediction.  haha

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on July 18, 2015, 04:48:04 pm

Doubtful this year, we'll have to win 4/5 national championships in a row again to get the street cred from the Yankee reporters.
I wasn't talking about Arkansas...... LOL

Valleysports

Quote from: fastdrop on July 22, 2015, 06:20:40 am

Neither was ricepig...

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 22, 2015, 07:01:19 am

Neither was ricepig...

Correct, dude is still upset over his 20% sales tax he pays for living in WM.....

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2015, 07:36:37 am

Neither was ricepig...

Correct, dude is still upset over his 20% sales tax he pays for living in WM.....
they should let me live in WM for free

AirWarren

Haha. Gotta pay for that Medicaid infestated hospital there.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on July 22, 2015, 09:04:24 am
Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2015, 07:36:37 am

Neither was ricepig...

they should let me live in WM for free

Oh, I'm sure plenty do, but you wouldn't like the address that comes with it.

beach bum

August 01, 2015, 08:28:54 pm #13 Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:51:43 pm by beach bum
I saw a depressing stat today.... Missouri has one more win against West opponents the last 2 years than we do in the last 3 years for us  :(

AirWarren

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 01, 2015, 08:28:54 pm
I saw a depressing stat today.... Missouri has one more win against West opponents the last 2 years than we do in the last 3 years for us  :(

Go tigers....thank God my family from Missouri are baseball fans and not football...

beach bum

I think the people fighting it as a potential rivalry should embrace it..... It could turn into a really fun series!!!!

Valleysports

Let's go 12th man - tell us how good Arkansas is going to be.  I see where your enthusiasm is coming from, however I see some other variables.  Will your defense give up more TD's without Spaight, Flowers, Philon?  SEC Offenses are going to be stronger and wiser this year.  Four game slate - A&M, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn - ouch.  Is there enough depth to hang with the big boys in the 4th qtr this year?  Y'all better get it done this year, I think Collins will be leaving early.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Valleysports on August 05, 2015, 12:18:41 am
Let's go 12th man - tell us how good Arkansas is going to be.  I see where your enthusiasm is coming from, however I see some other variables.  Will your defense give up more TD's without Spaight, Flowers, Philon?  SEC Offenses are going to be stronger and wiser this year.  2 game slate - A&M, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn - ouch.  Is there enough depth to hang with the big boys in the 4th qtr this year?  Y'all better get it done this year, I think Collins will be leaving early.

FIFY

beach bum

If we don't beat A&M it could be ugly and another below .500 SEC year of 3-5..... We will run the ball on them but we have to be able to get pressure on their QB or they will be scoring plenty of points as well. I think the winner will have to get to 41 or 42 points to win that game. Its clique but that first SEC game against A&M is the difference maker for the season and game to either shoot off to a 5-3 or 6-2 SEC campaign or fall back as bad as 3-5

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on August 06, 2015, 10:22:28 am
If we don't beat A&M it could be ugly and another below .500 SEC year of 3-5..... We will run the ball on them but we have to be able to get pressure on their QB or they will be scoring plenty of points as well. I think the winner will have to get to 41 or 42 points to win that game. Its clique but that first SEC game against A&M is the difference maker for the season and game to either shoot off to a 5-3 or 6-2 SEC campaign or fall back as bad as 3-5

I'd say we need to at the minimum, split with aTm and Tenner. I still have us going 4-4 in conference, not sure what we'll win or lose, lol. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, and I think we're building towards 9-11 win seasons.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2015, 10:27:54 am

I'd say we need to at the minimum, split with aTm and Tenner. I still have us going 4-4 in conference, not sure what we'll win or lose, lol. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, and I think we're building towards 9-11 win seasons.

I keep trying to go game by game and pick and its way too hard. There aren't too many years you can go in and say in all our SEC games we really can win them all and then each game could be a potential loss. I was leaning 4-4 at the beginning but as it nears I can't believe a pessimist like myself is thinking 10-2 in the regular season may be possible.

Valleysports

August 06, 2015, 01:13:20 pm #22 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:31:04 am by Valleysports

Ricepig did I say I'd back A&M this year or next?  LOL.  For a couple years I've predicted A&M's success matures with Soph - Kyle Allen and an influx of Top recruits.   Allen will pass for 4,000 plus yards this year, mostly around a Sophomore (Neil) and Freshman (Kirk).  A good thing is that Arkansas has A&M early - this years recruits like #1 Daylon Mack DT, won't have experience early.  Bad thing is A&M won't be ranked - yet.  Soph - Myles Garret DE, is the best D player in the land.  And Chavis isn't an average DC.  Next year A&M's Defense moves into the Top 10, when they move to the tier of the SEC WEST. This year they move to the Top 40.  Arkansas scored 28 points, in their 4th straight loss to A&M, last year.  With A&M's much stronger Defense & Offense - I don't see the Hogs scoring more points than they did last year.  I predicted Arkansas to beat A&M last year - can't do it this year.   

I hear Texas Tech has a score to even with Arkansas.   :)

fastdrop

The Hogs avg. a 6-6 since joining the SEC. Optimist are appreciated though.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on August 06, 2015, 02:09:34 pm

So, using your line of thinking, we are due either an 8-0, or 6-2 to average out for the last two seasons, sweet......

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2015, 02:14:44 pm

So, using your line of thinking, we are due either an 8-0, or 6-2 to average out for the last two seasons, sweet......
When Hogville starts talking about 11 to 12 wins and winning the SEC you had better run. HA

Lionheart88

Quote from: beach bum on August 01, 2015, 09:05:13 pm
I think the people fighting it as a potential rivalry should embrace it..... It could turn into a really fun series!!!!
It could, true.  But the thing is, the powers that be are trying to hard.  You don't force rivalries on people, they have to grow organically.  Telling people who they're supposed to have a rivalry with is the surest way to make them say "Nuh-uh!  They're not our real rivals!"  These things take time to mature, you can't just declare a rivalry the first time the two teams face each other and expect fans to think it has any legitimacy.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on August 06, 2015, 02:20:45 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2015, 02:14:44 pm

When Hogville starts talking about 11 to 12 wins and winning the SEC you had better run. HA

It's August, let every dream for awhile. I can see 10 wins, I can see 7 wins, we'll know by Thanksgiving.

Valleysports

The best thing is that it is actually possible and there isn't nothing better than Hog Fans knowing that.  A couple of unlucky breaks last year, might go the Hogs way this year - wouldn't that be something if the Hogs got into the Title Game.  This season is starting with everyone thinking that they have a shot - that's the way it should be.

Uncle Ivan

August 07, 2015, 03:27:12 am #29 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:29:06 am by Uncle Ivan
I don't see Chavis' defense being top ten in any year.

Not unless the offense starts holding the ball longer.  Look at the offenses on the programs he coached.  Every last one of them ball control.

Valleysports

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 07, 2015, 03:27:12 am
I don't see Chavis' defense being top ten in any year.

Not unless the offense starts holding the ball longer.  Look at the offenses on the programs he coached.  Every last one of them ball control.

Well that's understandable - you're an Arkansas Fan.  It'll happen though - just like I posted, the day after A&M beat S Carolina last year, that Kyle Allen would take that starting QB's spot before the end of the year.  Remember everyone put him in the running for the Heisman - what was his name?  By the end of this year, you'll be able to see it - it's more about the talented monsters they're recruiting on defense.  They just had a defensive standout transfer from UCLA, to A&M, last week.  Get em while you can!

Uncle Ivan

Talent gets tired.

The Barn has loads of talent every year - look at their defense.  You have to let them rest on the sideline.

Valleysports

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 08, 2015, 01:34:59 am
Talent gets tired.

The Barn has loads of talent every year - look at their defense.  You have to let them rest on the sideline.

Yep I look at what teams are developing - you'll see.  You're talking about Arkansas Achilles Heal - 4th quarter, 1st string gassed, just can't finish.  What is the let down from starters to 2nd/3rd string, this year?  That's the one thing that has me thinking Bielema's Old School might peak in the SEC.

ricepig

August 08, 2015, 09:12:50 am #33 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:44:19 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Valleysports on August 08, 2015, 08:24:55 am
Talent gets tired.

Yep I look at what teams are developing - you'll see.  You're talking about Arkansas Achilles Heal - 4th quarter, 1st string gassed, just can't finish.  What is the let down from starters to 2nd/3rd string, this year?  That's the one thing that has me thinking Bielema's Old School might peak in the SEC.

Truthfully, how many o-linemen rotate? I'd venture to bet that if you took the top 10 teams last year, their starters played 90% of meaningful snaps. I think our style may dictate a little more energy exerted, but our guys needed to be in a little better shape. Tretola has lost 40lbs since he arrived on campus this time last year, others have gained weight to help with their push. What we need is when guys get nicked up, they are able to sit out some with quality depth replacing them.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 08, 2015, 09:12:50 am
Quote from: Valleysports on August 08, 2015, 08:24:55 am
Talent gets tired.

Truthfully, how many o-linemen rotate? I'd venture to bet that if you took the top 10 teams last year, their starters played 90% of meaningful snaps. I think our style may dictate a little more energy exerted, but our guys needed to be in a little better shape. Foretold has lost 40lbs since he arrived on campus this time last year, others have gained weight to help with their push. What we need is when guys get nicked up, they are able to sit out some with quality depth replacing them.

I agree with that last sentence 100%.  TV just said that kids name - Kenny Hill - Uncle Ivan said he was as good as Manziel, the day after A&M played S Carolina.  I'm expecting Brandon Allen to win more fans over this year.  I'm just ready for some football.

Valleysports

Arkansas Spring Game is on right now 12:15 - 2nd quarter.

Proud Buckaroo

August 09, 2015, 06:14:59 pm #37 Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:14:23 pm by Proud Buckaroo
What channel was it on? Lol.

fastdrop

Valleysports

Sorry - they're showing Spring Games on the SEC channel.  It was pointed out that Arkansas has depth on the D-Line, that they haven't had in a while.

Rice, heard Sumlin say their goal is to limit his starters to 40 mins playing time, seamless transition.  He didn't really say if they have that quality of depth yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 09, 2015, 09:07:56 pm
Sorry - they're showing Spring Games on the SEC channel.  It was pointed out that Arkansas has depth on the D-Line, that they haven't had in a while.

Rice, heard Sumlin say their goal is to limit his starters to 40 mins playing time, seamless transition.  He didn't really say if they have that quality of depth yet.

If their tackling doesn't improve, their defense won't be on the field long.

Valleysports

What kind of fans are y'all?  Best team, coach, anticipation, y'all have had in a decade and no one is saying a thing - you're not going to jinx it.  Haha.  Monster Linemen, two great running backs, best TE in maybe the country, and a QB who teams like LSU, Miss St, and a lot of others would love to have.  Anyone seeing practices or anything?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 13, 2015, 02:24:23 pm
What kind of fans are y'all?  Best team, coach, anticipation, y'all have had in a decade and no one is saying a thing - you're not going to jinx it.  Haha.  Monster Linemen, two great running backs, best TE in maybe the country, and a QB who teams like LSU, Miss St, and a lot of others would love to have.  Anyone seeing practices or anything?

Only reporters and big shots have been to practice. They looked pretty good to me, but it's practice, you know.....not the game? There's a scrimmage Sat open to RF members, so a few more eyes on them.

AirWarren

I won't be able to make the RF member scrimmage on Saturday.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 13, 2015, 03:01:10 pm
I won't be able to make the RF member scrimmage on Saturday.

Nor will I, moved #2 into her dorm suite today and heading back home tomorrow.

PrivateLesson

Any thoughts on the Razorback scrimmage today?? 

Mr_Deb

If the hogs can get consistent production from the receiving corps that offense has a chance to be pretty good, that O-line along with Williams, Collins, Allen and Henry is solid.

Proud Buckaroo

You cannot forget about Walker. He's definitely going to make a great full-back to block for Williams, and Collins.

WPWells

Receivers will be fine with Dominique Reed, Keon Hatchet, and Jojo Robinson

ricepig

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2015, 01:09:23 pm
You cannot forget about Walker. He's definitely going to make a great full-back to block for Williams, and Collins.

If the rumors are true, Walker will be playing a lot of RB this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas