• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accountability

Started by bleudog, December 29, 2012, 10:07:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Lionheart88

We need more coaches who went afraid to call folks out like that.

Big Fan

AirWarren

zebradynasty

His actions may sound noble but what he did was open himself and the school up to being sued! If he quits LSU or gets fired....no major program will touch him. He should do his job train the ones that want to be trained the ones that don't he can make his statement (in private to the scouts) and let them decide. Putting athletes on Blast...not his job!

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 29, 2012, 11:38:02 pm
His actions may sound noble but what he did was open himself and the school up to being sued! If he quits LSU or gets fired....no major program will touch him. He should do his job train the ones that want to be trained the ones that don't he can make his statement (in private to the scouts) and let them decide. Putting athletes on Blast...not his job!

AH, the ACLU point of view.... We don't want anyone to be TOO TOUGH on anyone.

:D

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on December 29, 2012, 11:39:48 pm

Naw it's call staying in your lane! Most teams, especially LSU has a what happens in house stays in house policy. I have no problem with him telling scouts WHEN they ask him about certain players his opinion. It's HIS opinion but to put it out there in public...that's going past his pay grade. Besides I am sure most NFL scouts do not expect LSU athletes to be the most disciplined and well conditioned athletes in the draft!

AirWarren

December 30, 2012, 12:21:55 am #7 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:28:35 am by AirWarren
I say get over it and work harder.

For instance for arguments sake, say I'm about to interview for a job that is multiple steps up from what I do now and my boss says that due to poor performance over the last several months will prohibit them from giving me a good reference. Should she stay in her lane while lying about me being "qualified" for moving up or do what is right and tell the truth? Same thing. His job as their coach, since they are college athletes getting paid through education to produce, is to make them better and get them to the next level.

Again, this country is becoming one of panty wastes. Always got to walk on egg shells to make sure someone's feelings don't get hurt. Toughen up and work harder and no one will call you out.

bleudog

December 30, 2012, 12:22:49 am #8 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:32:48 am by bleudog
From watching the video in his bio, sounds like it is pretty much understood show up on time and do your work are near the top of his list. 

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=173999

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2012, 12:21:55 am
I say get over it and work harder.

For instance for arguments sake, say I'm about to interview for a job that is multiple steps up from what I do now and my boss says that due to poor performance over the last several months will prohibit them from giving me a good reference. Should she stay in her lane while lying about me being "qualified" for moving up or do what is right and tell the truth? Same thing. His job as their coach, since they are college athletes getting paid through education to produce, is to make them better and get them to the next level.

Again, this country is becoming one of panty wastes. Always got to walk on egg shells to make sure someone's feelings don't get hurt. Toughen up and work harder and no one will call you out.

That's not what I am against I have no problem with the coach telling the scouts about the athletes work habits. In your example your boss is doing his job but what if he op-ed or blog a article telling everyone what sorry worker he thought you were? I guess that would be OK you just need to work harder! LSU didn't hire him to make some kinda statement as to how the country needs to toughen up. He is a Strength and Conditioning Coach he didn't recruit them that's when LSU should have made it's judgement to their character. Far as I know I have never heard of coaches putting players on blast like this even back in the good ole days when country was so much better!

AirWarren

It is pretty cut and dry what he expects. If you can't follow what he is wanting from you and get a good word from him than there you go.

To me, I do my job right the first time so there is no risk of being put on blast.

sevenof400

December 30, 2012, 10:20:59 am #11 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:25:47 am by sevenof400
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 29, 2012, 11:38:02 pm..If he quits LSU or gets fired....no major program will touch him.

Bull.

You want us to believe that a program will shy away from a coach who holds his players accountable for their actions? 

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 30, 2012, 01:39:12 am
... He is a Strength and Conditioning Coach he didn't recruit them that's when LSU should have made it's judgement to their character. Far as I know I have never heard of coaches putting players on blast like this even back in the good ole days when country was so much better!

And he (Moffit) is reviewing their work from the perspective of strength on conditioning.  While you can sue for anything these days, since Moffit is reviewing players from the standpoint of their work in the area of his (Moffit's) expertise, I'd say he's judgement proof. 

And while it may not have been public in such a way, coaches have always made their feelings known about players the NFL was considering. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 29, 2012, 11:52:17 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on December 29, 2012, 11:39:48 pm

Naw it's call staying in your lane! Most teams, especially LSU has a what happens in house stays in house policy. I have no problem with him telling scouts WHEN they ask him about certain players his opinion. It's HIS opinion but to put it out there in public...that's going past his pay grade. Besides I am sure most NFL scouts do not expect LSU athletes to be the most disciplined and well conditioned athletes in the draft!
He didn't make it public.  He posted it in his office window.  I don't know, but I would assume that his office is in the field house or some other athletic building that likely isn't open to just anyone walking in, and even if it was I'd wager his office sees very little traffic from folks not involved in the athletic program.  That's not "public".  This is no different from him telling scouts "I won't talk about
    " and some bystander videoing it and putting the video on youtube.  Odds are someone else (likely a player or member of the athletic staff, though I suppose it's at least possible he did it himself) made it public.  (Do we know the origin of the photo?  Where was it first posted?)

AirWarren

Like I said seven, the ACLU point of view.

Come to work or stay at home.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2012, 10:00:12 pm
Like I said seven, the ACLU point of view.

Come to work or stay at home.

Even if he is not sued I bet he will be instructed by his boss to stop posting such notes!

Noticed how you avoided how you would act if your employer did you the same way! 

AirWarren

No. She can bust me out. It's her job. I want a raise and a good word if I transfer. So guess who's name wouldn't be on the list. Mine.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2012, 10:57:07 pm
No. She can bust me out. It's her job. I want a raise and a good word if I transfer. So guess who's name wouldn't be on the list. Mine.

No it's not her job to disclose your job performance to the public. It's perfectly fine for her to tell you and prospective employers (when they ask) but to go around posting notes telling the world you suck or that you made a mistake on the job or even if your just an average employee is wrong and unprofessional.

AirWarren

Maybe it was made to stay in house but in the wuss, Facebook, and whatever world we live in it was posted by someone else.

zebradynasty

So do the LSU players get to post notes about how the Strength and Conditioning Coach didn't have the defense in shape tonight? How about a note on how the head coach of LSU with a 2 point lead and around 2 minutes left in the game called 3 straight pass plays :o Accountability is great...but it goes both ways! 

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 31, 2012, 10:31:29 pm
So do the LSU players get to post notes about how the Strength and Conditioning Coach didn't have the defense in shape tonight? How about a note on how the head coach of LSU with a 2 point lead and around 2 minutes left in the game called 3 straight pass plays :o Accountability is great...but it goes both ways!
Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Wouldn't be the first time a player called coaches out.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on December 31, 2012, 10:38:32 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Wouldn't be the first time a player called coaches out.

And when they do generally it's considered a bad thing to do. 49ers cut Brandon Jacobs because of some tweets criticizing his coaches.

AirWarren

Maybe so. If both sides would just work and aim for a good goal things would be good.

But we know that in the age we live in, that won't happen.

zebradynasty

I don't want to be a hypocrite but after they way Les Miles coached that last 2 minutes of the game tonight... all the players should bog down all forms of social media with post about how stupid their coach can be (even though he was smart enough to milk LSU for more money)! Whew! I am glad he was never seriously considered for the Hill!

AirWarren

Any time LSU suffers demise, I enjoy it.

sevenof400

However, Miles work is done in front of the public every game so we can judge the quality of his work. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas