• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011-2012 Arkansas Basketball

Started by Romeo, May 19, 2011, 04:22:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

ESPN recruiting insider reporting that Goodwin has committed to Kentucky.

Romeo

Its official: Goodwin just tweeted that he's a wildcat.

Smithian

And central Arkansas officially has been lost as guaranteed Razorback recruiting territory if it wasn't lost already. I feel better about getting big recruits out of Missouri/Texas than I do central Arkansas.

Indiana Jones

Quote from: B.G. on September 20, 2011, 10:04:56 pm
Watch for a FedEX package.
lol
And UPS, DHL and whatever other carriers there are

rammer

It is kind of funny that a basketball player would announce he is going to Kentucky and be quoted in the newspaper that "it was a business decision".

Nemesis

Quote from: rammer on September 21, 2011, 02:26:19 pm
It is kind of funny that a basketball player would announce he is going to Kentucky and be quoted in the newspaper that "it was a business decision".

With coach cal, it probably was.

Brian G

Sanchez had back surgery around a week ago.  He will be out for an undetermined amount of time.

Romeo

That kid can't never get right. Every year its an injury. Anderson hopes to have him back by Nov 1st.

Romeo

Indiana Jones

times/TV set for non-conference
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2421&SPSID=30748
lame that some of the games aren't on TV
as you can see CBS will carry the Michigan game

Romeo

Well Arkansas strikes out again for another recruit. Prince Ibeh committed to Texas tonight. Still no commitments for the 2012 class.

Romeo

Primetime at the palace tonight at 7:00pm. 10,000 people showing up would be an accomplishment.

Smithian

DerekOxford

Quote from: Smithian on October 14, 2011, 09:51:40 pm
BJ Young is on a different level

That's what I hear. Heard Kikko dunked as well? Anyone got video of the festivities?

Smithian

Quote from: DerekOxford on October 15, 2011, 12:10:16 am
Quote from: Smithian on October 14, 2011, 09:51:40 pm
BJ Young is on a different level

That's what I hear. Heard Kikko dunked as well? Anyone got video of the festivities?
He "dunked" it for sure. I uploaded a video.

Romeo

Smithian

I'm on the Arkansas Razorback basketball commercial again this year.

Nice! I feel special. I should get a cookie for that!

Romeo

MA picks up first commitment for 2012 class. Michael Qualls 6-4 small forward out of Shreveport. Highlights:

Romeo

Romeo

Anthlon Bell, 6-3 guard out of Memphis just tweeted that he's a razorback.

Smithian

Holding hope JaCorey Williams announces for us later, but I'm nervous Anthony Grant has him impressed...

Romeo

JaCorey Williams is officially a razorback.

Brian G

He supposedly told 2 players that he bonded with on his visit on Monday he was Fayetteville bound.  I'm glad for the reaffirmation.

Smithian

Good night for Razorback basketball.

Let's go find some size from the JUCO ranks and maybe Aaron Ross and call it a wrap.

Brian G

Romeo

Aaron Ross may no longer be an option. Ross has opened up his recruitment. Rumor is MA was not happy about his recent weight gain, plus their not fully sure if he'll be qualified.

We need Jarnell Stokes to call the hogs.

Smithian

Then let's go find another 3* diamond in the rough!

We got this.

AirWarren

Great news for hog basketball and the MA era!

Romeo

AirWarren

I'm pumped for basketball season. In a few years 40 minutes of heck will be taking over this conference again.

Romeo

First official game on Friday against USC-Upstate. Hopefully the crowd is better than it was last night.

Romeo

Razorbacks kick off the Mike Anderson era with a 83-63 win over USC Upstate.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Romeo on November 11, 2011, 09:25:07 pm
Razorbacks kick off the Mike Anderson era with a 83-63 win over USC Upstate.

Nolan spoke to the team before the game. Marshawn Powell called him the "God" of Arkansas Basketball. Real recognize real.

Romeo

AirWarren

Little Rock crowd will be better friday night.

Romeo

Marshawn Powell out for tonight's game and possibly for the season with a knee injury rumored to be a torn ACL.

fastdrop

got beat by another CUSA team last night.... yep --- this year is like last years. Just losing in an up tempo way.... LOL

AirWarren

If you don't like them or want to support them then don't. You seem to b**** no matter what. Outside of Kentucky, sec basketball is not sec football. CUSU and other small conferences have good basketball. Like I dais, don't watch. We need positive fans.

Great crowd last night and a very enjoyable game. This team is going to be an exciting year with some lumps here and there. But we are on the right path.

fastdrop

I really don't care much about Hog basketball.... but I do like to keep up with the day dreamers.

Brian G

November 19, 2011, 01:57:27 pm #89 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:10:29 pm by B.G.
Tough.. but the game did show a spark for future reference.  Second half comeback was the first time a game had that old "feel" to it as they rallied from way back.

But the hosses are in short supply.  We're going to have to temper ourselves and not look for a complete Year One turnaround.

But that little taste for 5-10 minutes last night is what people are starving for...

fastdrop

BG I think you are completely right .... people are hungry for the past. Problem is this --- getting the hosses to do it + most everybody plays up tempo basketball now and 40 minuets of heck is not feared by many teams anymore. 

Romeo

Quote from: fastdrop on November 19, 2011, 07:38:02 am
got beat by another CUSA team last night.... yep --- this year is like last years. Just losing in an up tempo way.... LOL

Its not very easy when you only have 9 scholarship players and your best player just got a serious knee injury before the game.

fastdrop

Quote from: Romeo on November 19, 2011, 03:29:45 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on November 19, 2011, 07:38:02 am

Its not very easy when you only have 9 scholarship players and your best player just got a serious knee injury before the game.
That is true... if not this excuse it will be another one. I do see the Hogs getting better though.... just not to where they once were.

Hoghead

It wont be overnight, but the Hogs are on the right path. Powell's injury is a killer. The other guys just have to step it up. These guys are better than any Pelphrey team. Go Hogs !

Hoghead

Quote from: Romeo on October 18, 2011, 10:40:23 am
MA picks up first commitment for 2012 class. Michael Qualls 6-4 small forward out of Shreveport. Highlights:
Dare I say this kid has Sydney Moncreif UPS ! Explosive !

InYoGrill

Quote from: Hoghead on November 21, 2011, 01:42:06 am
It wont be overnight, but the Hogs are on the right path. Powell's injury is a killer. The other guys just have to step it up. These guys are better than any Pelphrey team. Go Hogs !

Dat true!

AirWarren

We got rid of the bad coaches finally, now if we could get rid of the crap, whiny fans.

Smithian

November 23, 2011, 01:14:37 pm #97 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:21:08 pm by Smithian
Did all you sissies jump off the train?

I don't give a flip if Marshawn Powell is hurt or not. This is still Arkansas Razorback basketball. It isn't fun to look down the road and see the competition, but the guys will continue to focus on the next game and they'll rough some people up.

This will still be a fun season. I have a feeling this group is going to get physical and nasty pretty fast out of a sense of self preservation. Marshawn Powell is a great guy and I wish he was still on the court, but we'll survive without him. We don't have enough time to punt on this season.

fastdrop

Utah State ----  ;D

If you think Tennessee is a horrible basketball team and you squeak by UTAH STATE in the last couple minuets of the game.... you have a rude awakening coming.

Everybody plays Nolan's 40 minuets of heck now ..... and all you guys have as a coach is a retread.

Smithian

Quote from: fastdrop on November 23, 2011, 01:18:24 pm
Utah State ----  ;D

If you think Tennessee is a horrible basketball team and you squeak by UTAH STATE in the last couple minuets of the game.... you have a rude awakening coming.

Everybody plays Nolan's 40 minuets of heck now ..... and all you guys have as a coach is a retread.
Look, I know you're proud of Memphis State College basketball, but come on now.

We have a reason to dream.

Many Elite Eights, Six Final Fours, Two National Championship Appearances, and a National Championship have a way of doing that to you.

How does Memphis State compare to that? I'll even allow you to use vacated wins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas