• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Devil Dogs @ Wynne yellow jackets

Started by the voice, November 10, 2017, 09:58:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the voice

Morrilton travels to Wynne , will it be pay back or another Wynne victory ??
Time will tell.

beach bum

PA Dad

November 10, 2017, 10:01:24 pm #2 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:03:29 pm by PA Dad
All of the games this week will be good, but I think this is the game of the week.

Both teams looked very good tonight.  I have no idea on the winner but it should be a great game.

InYoGrill

Voice, I was waiting for you to control your excitement to start this MASSIVE thread. It will be EPIC by next Friday.

South 45

I remeber that ride home last year well...looking for a different mood this trip.

j-mann raider 02

beach bum

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2017, 10:07:04 pm
But Morrilton will win...

LRC  was the 2nd best team in the state    i hope u do win   but  wynne  is playing  great 

InYoGrill

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on November 10, 2017, 10:09:26 pm

LRC  was the 2nd best team in the state    i hope u do win   but  wynne  is playing  great
And MoTown EVEN better

JacketFan

Should be a outstanding game, I will take Wynne by 2 touchdowns at home.

the voice

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on November 10, 2017, 10:09:26 pm

Was being the key word in that statement. New poll this week and lots of movement I'd think.

InYoGrill

Quote from: JacketFan on November 10, 2017, 10:13:29 pm
Should be a outstanding game, I will take Wynne by 2 touchdowns at home.

I will trump your 2 Joker scores with a Criswell ACE (all it takes is 1 pt) for the WIN in your skeeter infested jacket hole.  ;D

JacketFan

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 10:17:47 pm
I will trump your 2 Joker scores with a Criswell ACE (all it takes is 1 pt) for the WIN in your skeeter infested jacket hole.  ;D
Well come on down to the skeeter hole, this defense likes to eat aces too. ;D ;D ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: JacketFan on November 10, 2017, 10:19:12 pm
Well come on down to the skeeter hole, this defense likes to eat aces too. ;D ;D ;D

Haha...I like your confidence in your team JF. We will see. I have been to some Wynne games through the years. It's cold now so I aint worried about your pests now.

JacketFan

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 10:22:21 pm
Haha...I like your confidence in your team JF. We will see. I have been to some Wynne games through the years. It's cold now so I aint worried about your pests now.
Lol, thank God they have went away, no more blood transfusions, and it should be a great game at Jacket stadium next week.  Good Luck, and safe travels.

the voice

I'm gonna make a prediction later. I expect a good game.

P.F.G.

Opening day of duck season is next Saturday. I may have to make a trip down to Wynne on Friday night though.

JacketFan

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 10, 2017, 10:43:46 pm
Opening day of duck season is next Saturday. I may have to make a trip down to Wynne on Friday night though.
We have a lot of ducks down here, come make a weekend of it.

oldjacketman

You guys stop it. Wynne dominated LRC tonight. Make no mistake, that was a complete domination of the number 2 team in the state. Wynne will roll with ease over morrilton before a showdown with McClellan. But let's not pretend that morrilton will even be close. Some of you said the same crap last year before getting your tails whipped in the delta. Let's call these things realistically. Wynne over 50, morrilton less than 20.

the voice

November 10, 2017, 11:00:52 pm #19 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:55:27 pm by the voice
Not the same teams as last year. Not the same offense for Wynne. It'll be a different game.  But that's all I'm gonna say. You guys ran your mouth but was crickets at half time. Some key injuries on defense hurt morrilton last year. No doubt. But yes it got out of hand end of third qtr. that was last year. Maybe we should just not even play. But we will. I like our chances.

P.F.G.

Quote from: JacketFan on November 10, 2017, 10:46:52 pm
We have a lot of ducks down here, come make a weekend of it.

I'll be in the eastern part of the state either way.

South 45

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 10, 2017, 10:43:46 pm
That will make for a long couple days for me but with a win and a couple limits I'll sleep well Monday at work.

P.F.G.

Yea I have a couple days vacation saved thankfully

oldjacketman

Crickets at halftime?? What, some sort of moral first half victory is now being touted. We hung 50, and if I remember correctly you were upset thinking Hill ran it up. And you're right, not the same team. Your core playmakers graduated and we have all of ours back. Rest assured, you won't hear me making any guarantees or talking any trash about McClellan next week (yes Alma, theyare about to smoke you), but I guarantee you Wynne rolls Friday.

MDXPHD

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 11, 2017, 06:19:42 am
Crickets at halftime?? What, some sort of moral first half victory is now being touted. We hung 50, and if I remember correctly you were upset thinking Hill ran it up. And you're right, not the same team. Your core playmakers graduated and we have all of ours back. Rest assured, you won't hear me making any guarantees or talking any trash about McClellan next week (yes Alma, theyare about to smoke you), but I guarantee you Wynne rolls Friday.

It will be closer than you think. Criswell will keep it that way. I think Wynne wins, but it won't be as easy as lrca if I had to guess. Those boys looked like they didn't belong in the playoffs. I have no clue how they only lost one game this year.

Overdahill

woopork

the voice

Time will tell.  Much rather see someone play P.A. who matches up and can actually beat them. Not get blanked. Btw first time I saw kk feel sorry for a team. Keep talking cause they got put in their place last year.
Our core play makers THIS YEAR are on the field. Yes you returned most of your last years team .  Wynne may win. Morrilton may win. Time will tell. That's why they play the game.

oldjacketman

LRC went 9-1 in the toughest 5A conference in the state this year and someone said they think they're overrated. The south and the west are bad this year, as will be evidenced next Friday night when the east and central are all that's left standing. The west 1 lost to freaking maumelle. Get outta here with the overrated talk.

the voice

9-1 and nothing to show for it. Wynne did a great job . No arguments on that. I have respect for Wynne , it is the lack of respect shown by posters for other schools that's annoying.  The playoffs are all about match ups. I'm excited about the opportunity to be in the final eight and a chance to play for the next round.

Go Postal

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 11, 2017, 08:36:33 am
LRC went 9-1 in the toughest 5A conference in the state this year and someone said they think they're overrated. The south and the west are bad this year, as will be evidenced next Friday night when the east and central are all that's left standing. The west 1 lost to freaking maumelle. Get outta here with the overrated talk.
I'm not sure of your logic unless you're meaning:
LRCA over Harrison by 7 in week 3
Harrison over Morrilton by 1
Morrilton over Alma by 3
Alma over Harrison by 1
Maumelle over Alma by 4

I wouldn't use that formula.  I think Wynne has a fabulous team but anything can happen.

the voice

A player who began the season through four games splitting snaps with a good high school qb and now has over 2600 yds to his credit and 32 tds , I think he gives us a chance against anyone in 5a. There's a reason the attention he's getting. Call the West weak or whatever, matters not.  Last time we had player doing this was 13 with Toney Hawkins.

JessieP

I honestly don't see how Morrilton stays close to Wynne. Wynne is physical and plays incredible defense. People need to take notice, they need to realize Wtnne is top heavy with Seniors who are hungry for a title. I expect them to get to WMS for the honor of getting mercy ruled by PA.

the voice

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 10:23:36 am
I honestly don't see how Morrilton stays close to Wynne. Wynne is physical and plays incredible defense. People need to take notice, they need to realize Wtnne is top heavy with Seniors who are hungry for a title. I expect them to get to WMS for the honor of getting mercy ruled by PA.

Have you seen morrilton play ?? Just a question ,  I understand what Wynne has. I saw them last year. Batesville found a way to beat them.  There's a reason games are played. It won't be easy , but morrilton is better than you think.

South 45

I have nothing but respect for Wynne. They are playing great on both sides of the ball. This is not last years DD's. We are going to have to be very two dimensional to win. I'm laying the burden this week on our receivers.   

walkingguy72396

Last night the 2017 Jackets looked fierce.  The lost onside kicks, really the only down side.

Last 2 games,  Is best they have  looked all season and against the best two teams  they have faced.  (yes I know the Jackets lost the Batesville Game). 

I thought the O'line played best game of the season.

Morrilton,  Ill leave it too West and Morrilton Supporters to comment about them.

InYoGrill

November 11, 2017, 11:00:04 am #36 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:02:20 am by InYoGrill
Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 07:35:57 am

Yeah, Grill bookmarking this COCKY oldjackmans comments. Game is played on field. Can't wait till this coming Friday. It will be a war for sure. A 4th quarter outcome prediction for the game. I will call it Wynne by 1 point for home field advantage but of course I am a West guy so I am pulling for Motown.

Wynne looked really good against LRC from what I watched part of last night. Very dominant no doubt. Seems like Motown dominated as well against Chapel. Chapel aint no Wynne but they have as much size and speed as Wynne. Two great coaches and two very good teams. This is what high school football is all about. Winner proven on the field. Go Dawgs! Go West!!

incogneto

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 10:20:12 am
A player who began the season through four games splitting snaps with a good high school qb and now has over 2600 yds to his credit and 32 tds , I think he gives us a chance against anyone in 5a. There's a reason the attention he's getting. Call the West weak or whatever, matters not.  Last time we had player doing this was 13 with Toney Hawkins.

He's very talented, but wynne had a pretty solid line and linebacker core. They have athletes that can matchup well with him. And then they just hold the ball and it's hard to get it back.

Batesville beat Wynne because it was at Batesville, and it's a rivalry game. Throw all the records out when they play each other.

I think what people are forgetting is Wynne is doing this with a whole new staff. Each week, they gain more confidence and more respect for each other. I think Wynne may just now be starting to peak.

the voice

I'm not taking anything for granted against Wynne. If they play man coverage it's advantage us. Wether we throw or run behind trailing dbs . Last year they struggled against the passing game , honestly I think should have thrown it every play. But it's over now. It'll be limited possession game I figure. I expect a good game.  I doubt they play the defensive scheme they did last year anyway.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 11:59:01 am
I'm not taking anything for granted against Wynne. If they play man coverage it's advantage us. Wether we throw or run behind trailing dbs . Last year they struggled against the passing game , honestly I think should have thrown it every play. But it's over now. It'll be limited possession game I figure. I expect a good game.  I doubt they play the defensive scheme they did last year anyway.

Wynne's defense is very different this year than last year imo. They're more disciplined.

oldjacketman

The defense is a year older. Many returning starters. Wynne did have a little trouble in first half vs morrilton passing game last year. Second half was obviously a difference in ability for coaches to make adjustments. Wynne did, morrilton didn't. Regardless, that's last year. The west is going 0-4 Friday night.

STBruin

Seems to me Wynne is peaking at the right time...they are going to be tough to beat.

InYoGrill

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 11, 2017, 07:48:38 pm
The defense is a year older. Many returning starters. Wynne did have a little trouble in first half vs morrilton passing game last year. Second half was obviously a difference in ability for coaches to make adjustments. Wynne did, morrilton didn't. Regardless, that's last year. The west is going 0-4 Friday night.
[/b].

What a cracked out prediction old jackwagonjacket   8). Best of luck Friday. Lots of crow served if you are right but back at you when The Devil Dog Express leaves Wynne with xmas lights and fire crackers back to Motown.  ;D

lizard1989

I will go with Wynne. I think it is funny that no matter who they beat, it always seems that it is due to the other team playing bad, not that Wynne is a good team.

the voice

I don't think anyone has said they're not a good team ,  they've lost two games in two years.  I think they're a great team.

South 45

Quote from: lizard1989 on November 12, 2017, 11:23:52 am
I will go with Wynne. I think it is funny that no matter who they beat, it always seems that it is due to the other team playing bad, not that Wynne is a good team.
I assure you no one in this camp thinks Wynne isn't a good team.

DevilDog59

Somebody needs to call coach McNabb and tell him we might as well not play... this guys got it all figured out. I love seeing people on here just being pompous while everyone else is just having fun conversation, because it's so funny seeing them disappear after their team loses. There's no guarantees in the playoffs, buddy. Good luck containing Jacolby. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 12, 2017, 02:37:44 pm
Somebody needs to call coach McNabb and tell him we might as well not play... this guys got it all figured out. I love seeing people on here just being pompous while everyone else is just having fun conversation, because it's so funny seeing them disappear after their team loses. There's no guarantees in the playoffs, buddy. Good luck containing Jacolby.

Oh Dog Pound, Jackman is just trying to get a rise from us westerners. Coach McNabb will have your dawgs ready to go Friday. Sure hope Wynne has live stream. Anyone know???

Idindonuffin

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas