• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison Goblins

Started by Gob-Fan, July 07, 2017, 09:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gob-Fan

I know it's early but I can't help myself. Anyone have thoughts on the Goblins this year? I expect big things!

Go Postal

Goblins win their first game of the season:

Mtn Home Bombers  7
Harrison Golden Goblins  27

Final.  Very defensive game by both teams.
Unofficially:
Bombers had 160 yds rushing and that was their total offensive yds.  They were 0-4 in passing.
Gobs had 116 yds rushing.  Ditmenson, was 9 of 18 with 137 passing yds.  Harrison with 253 total offensive yds.

Good win over our oldest rival, the 6A Mtn Home Bombers.  Still a lot of small things to work on to do better for the next game against our old former 5A West "pain in the backside in all sports" rival, the 6A Siloam Springs Panthers.

Gob-Fan

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on September 01, 2017, 09:45:17 pm
Goblins win their first game of the season:

Mtn Home Bombers  7
Harrison Golden Goblins  27

Final.  Very defensive game by both teams.
Unofficially:
Bombers had 160 yds rushing and that was their total offensive yds.  They were 0-4 in passing.
Gobs had 116 yds rushing.  Ditmenson, was 9 of 18 with 137 passing yds.  Harrison with 253 total offensive yds.

Good win over our oldest rival, the 6A Mtn Home Bombers.  Still a lot of small things to work on to do better for the next game against our old former 5A West "pain in the backside in all sports" rival, the 6A Siloam Springs Panthers.

I'm pulling for you.  I'm not sure why, but I've always pulled for Harrison.  Probably because I love your posts.

Go Postal

Quote from: Gob-Fan on September 01, 2017, 10:53:27 pm
Ditmanson
Thanks, I was typing on the fly on my laptop and wasn't to sure of the spelling while watching the game on one of my PlayStations, and another stream of the game on TV and listening to it on the radio.  Plus I'm old. ;D

Gob-Fan

September 01, 2017, 11:12:13 pm #5 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:31:02 pm by Gob-Fan
Now that's multitasking! Plus I know him.  ;)

Go Postal

September 08, 2017, 08:32:23 pm #6 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:36:12 pm by Go Postal
Harrison Golden Goblins  41
Siloam Springs Panthers  6

end of half.  Goblins receive after the half.  Mercy rule in effect when action resumes.

The were many penalties for the Panthers and a few for the Goblins.  Goblins were clicking on all cylinders in all three phases of game.
Unofficial stats:
Siloam Springs QB with 7 of 15 attempts for 130 passing yds. Panthers had 19 yds rushing.  Trailkill TD.  Total offense - 149 yds

Harrison QB Ditmanson with 8 of 13 for 143 passing yds.  Goblins racked up 327 rushing yds with Sophomore G. Huskey for 132 of them.  TDs made by G. Huskey, B. Both, H. Holtby, M. Martin and C. Jones.  Total offense - 470 yds.  Yes that is NOT a typo and it's only half.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins  48
Siloam Springs Panthers  12

Final.  All the Goblin guys and gal got to play in this game.  Gobs punted for the 1st time at 3:30 left in game.  I don't think that I have ever seen the Goblins clicking this great on all phases in any game.

Unofficial stats:

SS Panthers QBs were 7 of 17 for 137 passing yds.  Had 56 yds rushing.  Total offense:  193 yds.

Golden Goblins QB Ditmanson was 10 of 15 for 201 passing yds.  Goblins had 366 yds rushing.  Total offense:  567 yards.

Congratulations Goblins enjoy your weekend, but don't let this game go to your head because practice starts Monday and we go to LRCA on Friday.

Deuceswild

Preparation starts today after the ACT testing. Film date at my house tonight.

Go Postal

I'm rewatching the Motown/GOBS game and knowing that most of our athletes do multiple sports, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Sophomore Huskey plays any Spring sports?  With the speed he has on the field, I was curious if he played Soccer or Track & Field.

Gob-Fan

I know he plays basketball. He used to play baseball. He does not play soccer but I'm not sure about track.

Gob-Fan

I'm not too sure many play multiple sports anymore. There are only 3 or 4 that play football and basketball. Even most of the baseball players are single sport athletes.

Go Postal

I was just curious. Football physical training does help in other sports.  Speed, strength, ball control and stamina is a winning combination in a soccer or basketball athlete also.  I really have enjoyed watching all of the Huskey brothers in all of the sports that they played over the years.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Go Postal on September 23, 2017, 11:32:15 am
I'm rewatching the Motown/GOBS game and knowing that most of our athletes do multiple sports, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Sophomore Huskey plays any Spring sports?  With the speed he has on the field, I was curious if he played Soccer or Track & Field.
He didn't play baseball last season , and I think he may have given up basketball also. The kid is definitely brings it  in every sport he's played. May be the best of the Husky brothers that's hit the field imo ! 

Gob-Fan

He is still playing basketball.

Go Postal

Good luck on Friday night, Goblins!

Remember that no matter where you go,
And no matter whatever can happen,
you can always see someone with that big Goblin smile...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on September 28, 2017, 08:57:47 pm
Good luck on Friday night, Goblins!

Remember that no matter where you go,
And no matter whatever can happen,
you can always see someone with that big Goblin smile...

Love that .gif.  What is it from?  I've seen it around on other boards but couldn't ever place it.

Go Postal

I'm guessing survivor or something like that.

Deuceswild

I believe that Gobtv.net is up tonight if u didn't make the trip.

Go Postal

Quote from: Deuceswild on September 29, 2017, 06:15:42 pm
I believe that Gobtv.net is up tonight if u didn't make the trip.

GobTV live stream...

Deuceswild

Are u having trouble loading it? Heard people can't get on it

Go Postal

GobTV not working,  here is scoring summary in a nutshell, thanks to Jim and Marty on radio...
Harrison Golden Goblins  7
Clarksville Panthers  0

6:19 left in 1st.  Gobs receive.  Gobs fumble on hook & ladder, Panthers work ball down to 7 yd line.  Gobs hold, Panther FG no good.  GOBS Huskey 60 yd run, then Huskey 20 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  14
Clarksville Panthers  0

Still in 1st.  Panthers try 70 yd FG, yes 70, Gobs ball, Huskey 73 yd TD run on 1st down.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  21
Clarksville Panthers  0

2:11 left in 1st.  Panthers fumble on their 11 yd line.  Gobs Ditmanson 12 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  21
Clarksville Panthers  0

end of 1st.

Harrison Golden Goblins  28
Clarksville Panthers  0

11:52 left in 2nd.  GOBS C. Jones Pick 6 for 40 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  35
Clarksville Panthers  0

5:19 left in 2nd. GOBS block Panther 41 yd FG.  Drive ball down.  Ditmanson 19 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  42
Clarksville Panthers  0

4:52 left in 2nd.  Panther fumble kickoff return.  GOBS ball. 29 yd run to 1 yd.  Huskey 1 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  42
Clarksville Panthers  6

1:27 left in 2nd.  Clarksville Gregory 2 yd TD run.  PAT no good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  49
Clarksville Panthers  6

9 sec left in half.  Ditmanson 33 yd TD pass to Lovell.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  49
Clarksville Panthers  6

Half.

Unofficial stats:

Clarksville:
2 QBs were 1 of 4 for -3 yds.  They had 147 yds rushing for a total of 144 offensive yds.

Harrison:
QB was 3 of 6 for 46 yds.  They had 316 yds rushing for a total of 362 offensive yds.

Go Postal

September 29, 2017, 09:29:53 pm #22 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:47:18 pm by Go Postal
Sportsmanship rule in effect.  Goblins subbing in.

Harrison Golden Goblins  56
Clarksville Panthers  6

7:40 left in 3rd.  Sophomore QB Johnson runs 26 yd, then Soph Ballard 17 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  56
Clarksville Panthers  6

end of 3rd.  GOBS Bartlett intercepts on 5 yd line.  GOBS moving ball.

Harrison Golden Goblins  63
Clarksville Panthers  6

10:19 left in game.  Soph QB Johnson 17 yd TD run.  PAT good.

Harrison Golden Goblins  63
Clarksville Panthers  6

Final.

unofficial stats...

Clarksville:
2 QBs went 2 of 6 for 4 passing yds.  They had 240 rushing yds to make a total of 244 offensive yds.

Harrison:
Passed only in 1st half.
QB went 3 or 6 for 46 passing yds.  They had 468 rushing yds to make a total of 514 offensive yds.

All the Goblin guys and gal got reps this game.
Congratulations Goblins!!

Thank you Jim and Marty for your commentary on the radio.

Go Postal

Here's a copy/paste from the paper of the last game,

Harrison dominates Clarksville to ruin Panther homecoming

CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville had the football for 19:39 of the first half.
Harrison used only 4:21 in the first half to score 49 points on the way to a 63-6 5A-West win.

The Goblins had the ball for five plays in the first quarter and 41 seconds. In that time, the team managed three touchdowns and an early 21-0 lead.

After a bad pitch on the first offensive play for Harrison that resulted in a turnover, the Goblins responded with a two-play drive that took 22 seconds and resulted in Gabe Huskey rushing for 80 yards and a score.

The second Harrison drive took 14 seconds and saw Huskey scamper 73 yards to increase Harrison's lead.

Noah Ditmanson took it upon himself on the third Harrison drive. The Goblins got the ball at the Clarksville 11 after Cameron Jones blocked a punt. Ditmanson ran 11 yards for a touchdown.

Hunter Holtby kicked all three point after attempts to make it 21-0 at halftime.

Starting the second quarter, Jones came up big on defense. He intercepted a pass and scored. Holtby made it a 28-0 game.

Harrison's defense stopped the Panthers again, but the Goblins suffered an interception to give Clarksville the ball back.

The Goblin defense stepped up again and forced Clarksville into a 41-yard field goal attempt. However, Jones stepped up again and blocked the attempt. That was Jones' third blocked kick in two games.

After running five offensive plays in the first quarter, it took the Goblins five plays to score on their next possession.

The touchdown run was by Ditmanson from 19 yards out. Holtby set the score at 35-0.

Harrison's special teams came up big again. This time Colin Ballard recovered a fumble to give the ball back to the Goblins.

It took the Goblin offense three plays to score. Holtby carried the ball on one play for 28 yards down to the 2. Huskey carried the ball over the goal line.

Holtby pushed the lead to 42-0.

Clarksville cut the Goblin lead to 42-6 with 1:27 left in the first half.

Harrison got the ball back with 1:20 left in the half. The Goblins marched down the field in four plays and Ditmanson hit Thailer Lovell on a 34-yard pass play.

Holtby set the halftime score at 49-6.

With the clock running in the second half, Harrison scored two more touchdowns.

Ballard scored the first touchdown on a 17-yard run.

The Goblins got the ball back after a Caleb Bartlett interception.

Harrison marched 95 yards on the drive and scored on a 16-yard Ben Johnson run.

Holtby connected on both PAT.

Huskey led the team with 196 yards on the ground. Johnson paced up 76; Ditmanson 58; Colton Shaver 35; Holtby 32; Ballard 20; Landen Stephens 10; and Mason Martin 8.

Ditmanson was 2-of-6 passing for 42 yards. Lovell had 34 yards and Huskey had 8.

Go Postal

Off football topic for a sec, I see Harrison has it's Grand Opening of the Goblin Arena on Tuesday when Alma comes to town for volleyball.

Go Postal

I'm not sure why they couldn't broadcast the Harrison/Clarksville game, but here it is with no sound and looks to be filmed by a handheld.

https://youtu.be/bODCOhPSmP8

Elvis Hoggoblin

Radio (96.1)...Always the best choice

woopork

Wonder why Hoggoblin thinks that...

Go Postal

The Jim and Marty Show.  The best there is.  I listen to it every game.

Go Postal

Here's some highlights from

Harrison @ Clarksville

https://youtu.be/l8_QvZckSpk

Harrison @ Vilonia

https://youtu.be/CXZWQeBoGCU

Thought I would share.

Go Postal

Goblins 27
Hornets 0

Half.

unofficial stats
Maumelle
2 QBs went 3 of 6 for 25 passing yds.  They went 65 rushing yds for a total of 90 offensive yds.

Harrison
QB went 2 of 4 for 35 passing yds.  They went 178 rushing yds for a total of 213 offensive yds.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins  40
Maumelle Hornets  0

Final.

unofficial stats
Maumelle
2 QBs threw 4 of 15 for 27 passing yds.  They had 77 rushing yds for a total of 104 offensive yds.

Harrison
QB threw 3 of 6 for 41 passing yds.  They had 329 rushing yds for a total of 370 offensive yds.

Hawg-Goblin

Good to see the "L" streak break.

Go Postal

This has been a great season for Harrison but in the 5A West tradition, It's for all or nothing tonight and we wouldn't have it any other way...

GO Goblins!

Go Postal

unofficial Half time stats:

Goblins 21
Cardinals 6

Farmington
QB went 5 of 10 for 68 passing yds.  They had 26 rushing yds for a total of 94 offensive yds.

Harrison
QB went 2 of 6 for 56 passing yds.  They had 269 rushing yds for a total of 325 offensive yds.  Sophomore Huskey had his 9th over 100 yard game with 20 carries for 174 yards in the 1st half.

also in the West at half:

Maumelle 21
Alma 7

Morrilton 17
Clarksville 0

Greenbrier 20
Vilonia 0

Go Postal

November 03, 2017, 10:14:52 pm #35 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:17:58 pm by Go Postal
Goblins 42
Cardinals 24

Final

unofficial stats

Farmington
QB went 12 of 31 for 193 passing yds.  They had 97 rushing yds for a total of 290 offensive yds.

Harrison
QB went 4 of 8 for 87 passing yds.  They had 462 rushing yds for a total of 549 offensive yds.  Sophomore Gabe Huskey carried 35 times for 341 yds.

I'm so proud of these Goblin guys and gal on a great regular season this year.

Go Postal

With all the talk about the West seeding this morning, I want to ask  something on a different subject.  Does anyone have any info on the Farmington player that was injured last night and taken away by ambulance?

Deuceswild

I believe he broke his tib and fib right below the knee. Sounds like he got tangled up with his own teammate. He will need surgery and prayers for the long haul. He will get them from our young men for sure.

Go Postal

Saw this on maxpreps about one of our Sophomores

Quick Stats
Total Rushing Yards   1677
Average Rushing Yards   7.6
Carries   222
Rushing Yards Per Game   167.7
Rushing TDs   24
Total TDs   27
Click on video below

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/videos.aspx?careerid=225c586c-e32d-e711-93f8-ecf4bbe7be14&videoid=5b7bdd46-c584-4a64-9b94-b8ea725259d1

Deuceswild

That kid is for real, I got the sneak peak at his highlight reel and what he does is just not a coach able thing. Pure natural runner but the coaches have definitely found a way to groom that talent for potential purposes. His ceiling is high with over 2000 all purpose yards and several scouts already looking. My son might just have to be his agent, lol

Go Postal

My son and some other Old Time Goblins have ask me if Huskey has broke the school record of the most rushing yards in a Harrison game.  If not, who did and what was the yardage?

pantherblue

Afraid he's going to have the same problem Hunter Winston had...    >:(

Deuceswild

I honestly haven't heard about the school records but I'm sure they are within reach, except Tice only ran the ball so I got to imagine he's in the mix but not beating for TDS and Yards but total yards maybe? I didn't start following the Goblins til around 1999 right before my son was born. Matter of fact, I listened to the 99 Championship while practicing chip shots at HCC. Been hooked ever since. I know Michael Evert had some salty years but they threw it to him a lot. I will look into it though and keep you posted on my findings.

Go Postal

I was wondering how our JV did this year?

Deuceswild

7th grade undefeated, 8th grade undefeated and 9th grade only lost last game to Van Buren to be co conference champs. The pipeline is coming full circle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas