• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 7A BOYS FINALS(FRI 8:45): Bentonville vs Cabot

Started by Brian G, March 06, 2016, 02:14:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Bentonville
46 (76.7%)
Cabot
14 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:40:12 pm

Brian G

more details here

Cabotfan

Brian G

Quote from: Cabotfan on March 07, 2016, 01:03:47 pm
Are you sure this is not a football game?
Cabot in the Finals?  Definitely basketball.

Ventman

Quote from: B.G. on March 07, 2016, 04:48:25 pm
Cabot in the Finals?  Definitely basketball.
Probably gonna be tough going for the panthers.

DerekOxford

Will be interesting to see Malik's point total in this one.

sportsguy80

Quote from: DerekOxford on March 09, 2016, 03:29:36 pm
Will be interesting to see Malik's point total in this one.
Right. I was thinking the same thing.

Brian G

sportsguy80

BigLion10

Lanny

Quote from: Cabotfan on March 07, 2016, 01:03:47 pm
Are you sure this is not a football game?
Results are the same.  Another Cabot Panther loss

mack

Quote from: Lanny on March 10, 2016, 08:34:34 am
Results are the same.  Another Cabot Panther loss

I don't like Cabot.  That said, you'd better not take them lightly this year.  They have the size to bother Monk.  I'm picking Cabot by 5.

sportsguy80

Quote from: mack on March 10, 2016, 09:12:30 am
I don't like Cabot.  That said, you'd better not take them lightly this year.  They have the size to bother Monk.  I'm picking Cabot by 5.
Size won't bother Monk. It won't be the first time and it definitely won't be the last.

adaptedtigerfan

I'll just be glad when he leaves the state and wears blue.  I'm tired of hearing about him.

Batman44

If Cabot would play Rowe more than what they do, I would definitely go with Cabot. Can not understand how that coach can justify how he has treated that kid. He even had the classless act of telling him that he was going to showcase another player.

itsslim

mtindian42

March 11, 2016, 06:15:31 am #15 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:27:49 am by mtindian42
Monk has to win this game. If he don't then him and his brothers plan backfired...and the state of Arkansas gets the last laugh...

Bentonville after all the hype and time spent to promote him. Would still be titlel broke in basketball. 😕

What a bust this whole thing would be... If he doesn't deliver this town a title.

He goes on to Kentucky. Bentonville goes back to just being a football school. 😮

Win or lose. he wins...

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on March 10, 2016, 07:50:12 pm
I'll just be glad when he leaves the state and wears blue.  I'm tired of hearing about him.

I bet you'll still hear about him lol

smallybells

Quote from: itsslim on March 10, 2016, 11:05:08 pm
tigerfan u a hater

It's only because Monk doesn't play for Charleston  ;D, if he did he tigerfan would never get tired of hearing about him.

OwlFan4

If Smith hadn't fouled out in OT last Saturday, Monk would be sitting home tonight.  Smith scored 1st seventeen points for Van Buren & finished with about 35.  Cabot has no one with near the talent of Smith, but has several players capable of scoring 20 points.  Rowe has never been the same since breaking his collarbone in the Christmas tourney last year at Beebe.  He has played well in spurts this season, but has been inconsistent at best.  With the exception of Duncan & Southerland, who usually play 30+ minutes a game, Coach Bridges usually goes with whoever is playing the best on any given night.  After Duncan & Southerland, the next six are somewhat interchangeable.  Cabot can go with 4 guards and Southerland at 6'3" in the middle, or big with 6'8", 6"5', 6'5', 6'3", & Duncan.  Don't underestimate the Panthers, and don't expect Monk to get 50.

Oh, and the Panthers beat Fayetteville at Conway back in December, before Cabot was hitting on all cylinders.

itsslim

yea we have a top 5 player playing in our state of Arkansas, and you're tired of hearing about him. NEWS FLASH, he's signed with Kentucky, guarantee you will hear more about him on a national media outlet once he starts playing college ball then professional, be proud. it's not too often we get a player of his caliber from Arkansas. GTFOH, going to watch him again tonight. oh, and if if was a fifth.......

Redblue

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 11, 2016, 06:15:31 am
Monk has to win this game. If he don't then him and his brothers plan backfired...and the state of Arkansas gets the last laugh...

Bentonville after all the hype and time spent to promote him. Would still be titlel broke in basketball. 😕

What a bust this whole thing would be... If he doesn't deliver this town a title.

He goes on to Kentucky. Bentonville goes back to just being a football school. 😮

Win or lose. he wins...
How did their plan backfire?  He is going to one of the top programs in the county! 

mtindian42

I'm sure 3 years ago when this was being decided education was at the forefront...BV only wanted to better monk in the class room...😂😂😂 give me a break... BV was thinking about 1 thing and one thing only... Titles...

Wich he has not deliverd yet. BV help get him to Kentucky

But I'm sure Arkansas was the goal when they moved him over. BV and Arkansas both got monked...😂😂😂

But hey, if all I was was a title or 2 to BV. then who used who?

This was a bb marriage from the get go. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Win or lose tonight. monk wins...

Redwolves8526

Showed up 2 1/2 hours before the game and still didn't get in. Not even taking AAA passes. Ridiculous that they still host here

Brian G

I'm not surprised at all. 

People with prebought tickets are standing outside. 

Time to rethink this process.

Brian G

mtindian42

Brian G

Live stat link down.  I will be updating myself on this thread.

Brian G

Brian G

Bentonville starters
01   Estrada, Aaron   
03   Hemphill, Jordan
05   Monk, Malik   
15   Robinson, Tyler   
30   Hutchinson, Asa

Cabot Starters
02   Duncan, Bobby Joe   
20   Southerland, Hunter   
30   Brown, Jalen   
32   Stanley, Matt   
33   Rowe, Garrett

mtindian42

Brian G

Brian G

Brian G

11-2 Bentonville 3:47 media timeout

Roll players coming thru for BHS

Brian G

Brian G

Brian G

Brian G

End 1st
7A Boys
Bentonville 15
Cabot  9
Cabot in this despite 6 turnover
Monk 0-4 on 3's

Brian G

Cabot-b       Bhs-b
Field goals              3-9   33.3%       7-13   53.8%
3-point FGs   1-6   16.7%       1-6   16.7%
Free throws   2-5   40.0%       0-0   0.0%
Reb (O-D)               7 (3-4)             7 (2-5)
Turnovers                   6              3

Brian G

15-11 npw

Monk was 4-13 last yr on 3s in the finals.  0-4 thus far

Cabot missing FTs

Nitro

I sure wish the 103.7 feed was not delayed because listening to tv dudes is painful.

mtindian42

Brian G

15-13

0-5 now  Radio guys griping but it's Monk's style.

timeout 6:41

Hog call by Cabot fans...sorry that's been done to death.

Brian G

Hutchinson 3.  He might be the difference maker today.  Last year Ben Smith went off for a career high for BHS in the finals.

AirWarren

Loved seeing monk's air ball. Then the Cabot kids calling the hogs.

Brian G

Brian G

mtindian42

mtindian42

Brian G

7A BOYS
Bentonville 22
Cabot 25 16-7 qtr for the Panthers

HALFTIME
Monk 0-6 from 3
#fearlessfriday

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas