• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Cover Shot

Started by C_A_Morris, August 28, 2009, 10:10:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

C_A_Morris

August 28, 2009, 10:10:49 am Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:42:17 am by C_A_Morris
[Moving photographs to new web server]

Covershot for the insert of the Ouachita County football teams that goes out today. Camden Fairview, Harmony Grove, and Bearden are covered.

bird dog

Billyo62

Great Pic...Man they look really tall!  ;)

shah_guido_g

onegearruss

Nice " gladiator " shot.
What lens did you use ?

The Reality is back...

C_A_Morris

Quote from: onegearruss on September 08, 2009, 12:01:13 amNice " gladiator " shot.
What lens did you use ?

15mm f/2.8 on a 1Ds Mark III...I usually leave my EXIF data intact, so if you can look and see what camera, lens, and other settings I used.

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on September 08, 2009, 01:22:38 amDude, wicked flair!

There's the saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good." Absolutely true in this case. I set this up in about five minutes and had taken two photos without helmets and two photos with. In all four photos, the player in red nearest the sun had been blocking the sun (which was my intention). I told the guys just one more shot to be sure, and this is what I got. I thought it turned out pretty nice....

onegearruss

Quote from: C_A_Morris on September 10, 2009, 09:52:31 am
Quote from: onegearruss on September 08, 2009, 12:01:13 amNice " gladiator " shot.
What lens did you use ?

15mm f/2.8 on a 1Ds Mark III...I usually leave my EXIF data intact, so if you can look and see what camera, lens, and other settings I used.

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on September 08, 2009, 01:22:38 amDude, wicked flair!

There's the saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good." Absolutely true in this case. I set this up in about five minutes and had taken two photos without helmets and two photos with. In all four photos, the player in red nearest the sun had been blocking the sun (which was my intention). I told the guys just one more shot to be sure, and this is what I got. I thought it turned out pretty nice....

Nice lens and camera.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: C_A_Morris on September 10, 2009, 09:52:31 am
What lens did you use ?

Flairs are dangerous. One in the wrong shot, and it is distracting, or too large, or in the wrong place, etc.

This is near perfect. Totally highlights the feel of the football season, especially early on, and since that is a preseason picture, it's perfect.

Great Photo.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas