• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instructions

Started by DB, March 11, 2009, 10:27:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DB

How 'bout some instructions for those of us who don't know how to get pictures into the forum.  When I try to photo link to google, I get the box with the red x.

bird dog

First thing is to sign up with a free host site such as photobuckets webshots or many/any others.

Upload your pics there then use
the "direct link code" to insert up at the image button
which is Right below the bold "B" in a reply.

(use 600-800 size)

DB

bird dog

Maybe??? Probably?? Thare are many with slight differences in all.

I have PhotoBuckets (PB), webshots, and Imagshack and use PB the most, it seems easy to me.

onegearruss

I have photobucket and i use the [IMG] Link

DB

Yeah, I used the [img] link from here and pasted the link to the photo in google.

I'll try some of the others later.  If it gets to be too much trouble, I'll just skip posting and just view.  My pictures ain't much anyway. 

But this could be a fun forum.

onegearruss

Quote from: DB on March 11, 2009, 10:44:28 pm
Yeah, I used the [img] link from here and pasted the link to the photo in google.

I'll try some of the others later.  If it gets to be too much trouble, I'll just skip posting and just view.  My pictures ain't much anyway. 

What are you doing with google ?

DB

Quote from: onegearruss on March 11, 2009, 11:59:24 pm
Quote from: DB on March 11, 2009, 10:44:28 pm

What are you doing with google ?

I've uploaded videos and pictures there.  I would've thought that putting a link to a picture on their site would work just as well as anything else.  I'm not totally that I am doing this right yet.

DB

March 12, 2009, 10:51:02 am #8 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:56:16 am by SardisHog
So did you take the link that I sent and put it in another spot?

DB

So I had a lot of problems figuring this out, even after Sardis Hog was helping me.  I use Firefox almost exclusively.  However, on FF, I can't do links or anything from Ffox.  I don't know why.  Therefore, I always have to use IE if I want to post on here and include a link. 

I had uploaded my pics to google.  I was trying to paste the link here to the web page instead of the image location.  Sardis Hog got me straightened out on that.  However, when I was trying to copy the image location and then put it on here, I was using Firefox to copy the location and IE to try to paste it.  Somehow, that caused me to still get the red x.  Anyway, I got it worked out now.

RHS

Nice picture of the Great Wall DB.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas