• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-3

Started by YSpanther, April 27, 2018, 12:32:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YSpanther

Anyone been taking in the 3A-3 tournament in Walnut Ridge?  I know that WR and Corning and Manila have moved on, but haven't seen the score for Riverside vs. Piggott, which appeared to be the only close game of the first round, from records and standings.  Has that game been played yet, or was it postponed because of weather?

Any info would be appreciated.

RedWolf275

Riverside and Piggott played 1 inning the other day before being rained out. They will finish today at 4:00.

YSpanther

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 27, 2018, 12:55:11 pm
Riverside and Piggott played 1 inning the other day before being rained out. They will finish today at 4:00.
I figured it must be something like that.  Will the winner have to play again today, or are the rest of the games set for tomorrow?

RedWolf275

I'm not sure about that but I bet they'll play semis, consolation and finals tomorrow.

RedWolf275

Piggott beat Riverside 11-1. Piggott won't be an easy out I don't think
Semis are tomorrow and finals Monday.

hsindian

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 27, 2018, 08:28:10 pm
Piggott beat Riverside 11-1. Piggott won't be an easy out I don't think
Semis are tomorrow and finals Monday.
I think Piggott won the blended conf on their side. I may be wrong though.

ChokeNPoke

Hate to see Riverside get eliminated so quick. First time to miss the regional tournament since Coach Womack turned the program around 5 or so years ago. Having said that, if they still had the move outs from a few years back I think they would've been favored to win this district.

RedWolf275

Semifinals
Manila over Corning 3-2 in 12 innings
Piggott beat Walnut Ridge 2-0 in 9 innings

YSpanther

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 29, 2018, 06:48:05 am
Semifinals
Manila over Corning 3-2 in 12 innings
Piggott beat Walnut Ridge 2-0 in 9 innings
When will the championship be played?

hsindian

Monday at 4 I think. WR and Corning are supposed to play at 2 I believe.

YSpanther

Quote from: hsindian on April 29, 2018, 11:25:23 am
Monday at 4 I think. WR and Corning are supposed to play at 2 I believe.
Interesting, with pitching limits these days, and regionals starting Thursday, any ace that throws more than 85 on Monday is not available on Thursday.  It looks like Manila is pretty deep with pitching, not as sure about Piggott and WR.  Corning appears to be a close 1B instead of a 3.  I think Valley Springs may be getting a rough draw for their 2 seed out of the other district. WR looks good, but not sure about their pitching after Manning. That appeared to be the difference in that game, when he went out.

That being said, this could be a repeat of the basketball regional.  Clinton and Valley have a good chance to move on, but not overwhelming.  I predict the 3 region could send anywhere from 2-4 to state, just depending on bloop hits and pitching, etc.

RedWolf275

All four 3A-3 teams are solid teams. Not sure if any are state championship caliber but all are state tournament caliber. Should be a good regional!

YSpanther

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 29, 2018, 01:52:53 pm
All four 3A-3 teams are solid teams. Not sure if any are state championship caliber but all are state tournament caliber. Should be a good regional!
When looking at the state tournament in 3A every year in basketball and baseball, the 1 East always gets a tough draw with the 3.  You can look around the other regions and see a few weak 3 and 4 seeds here and there, but hardly ever out of the 3.  It is unfortunate that they don't rotate regions at all.  For example, a  team like Riverside that plays in a stacked district might be better than a Lamar or McGehee or yes, a Yellville-Summit who are going to regional play.  And in some of those regions, some of the teams that get into the state tournament are not as good as some that might go home like a Walnut Ridge who might have to play Clinton at regionals.

hsindian

Corning beats Walnut Ridge 9-8.

Head Lion

Manila 11-2 in finals.

NEA Razorback olfan

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 30, 2018, 08:10:49 pm
Congrats to the Lions!!!
Thanks NEA, best of luck to the Bearcats.

birddawg1986

Drewett got the 🦁 rolling.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on May 01, 2018, 01:09:30 pm
Thanks NEA, best of luck to the Bearcats.

Thank you, y'all too!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas