• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Favorites

Started by BigGuy22, February 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmund Sauer

Recruit the best to be the best! Oh wait, only certain schools can do that.............. ;D ;D ;D ;D

LRRandy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 16, 2018, 07:39:57 pm
Recruit the best to be the best! Oh wait, only certain schools can do that.............. ;D ;D ;D ;D
lol, haven't heard that before. Yeah, some of those boys we recruited in kindergarten. Hot get em early.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 07:05:17 pm
That makes no sense.
you went on tilt. ( lost control) then you apologized for going on tilt. I win.
Your not very good at this internet thing are you. Skins too thin. In no way have I disparaged other teams or attacked a player or coach. I am confident in Baptist Preps ability to three-peat but if you read through the threads I have acknowledged the possibility of the chance someone could beat them. You are the one with the agenda. You have disparaged Baptist Prep numerous times. You then get your feelings hurt and lash out. It's funny actually. I call it internet jousting. Your just not good at it.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 08:07:40 pm
lol, haven't heard that before. Yeah, some of those boys we recruited in kindergarten. Hot get em early.
Joking aside, what is tuition at Baptist Prep?

LRRandy

February 16, 2018, 08:47:31 pm #54 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:54:05 pm by LRRandy
Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 16, 2018, 08:41:38 pm
Joking aside, what is tuition at Baptist Prep?
depends on how good you are at basketball.

;D. I keed I  keed.     Approx. $10,000 per student per year. There are other fees depending on need.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 08:26:43 pm
you went on tilt. ( lost control) then you apologized for going on tilt. I win.
Your not very good at this internet thing are you. Skins too thin. In no way have I disparaged other teams or attacked a player or coach. I am confident in Baptist Preps ability to three-peat but if you read through the threads I have acknowledged the possibility of the chance someone could beat them. You are the one with the agenda. You have disparaged Baptist Prep numerous times. You then get your feelings hurt and lash out. It's funny actually. I call it internet jousting. Your just not good at it.

If I recall correctly you were making fun of the Brogdons being the fighting Brogdons or whatever. You have definitely talked bad about Southside Batesville in other posts. Oh yea and the Pea Ridge thing from a few years ago. Shooting fire balls out of their eyes and noses.

beach bum

Quote from: J12 on February 16, 2018, 05:47:41 pm
Prep is beatable. Just ask Nettelton & N Little Rock

Those are not 4A schools.... sorry.

beach bum

February 16, 2018, 09:20:46 pm #57 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:23:15 pm by beach bum
Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 08:47:31 pm

;D. I keed I  keed.     Approx. $10,000 per student per year. There are other fees depending on need.

Honestly, that isn't that bad compared to most private schools from what I have seen around. And honestly I appreciate your answer on that cause a lot of private school folks run for the hills and hide when asked that question instead of answering it.

Sigmund Sauer

Can't blame anyone who can afford it. The mention of God in a public school now risks a serious lawsuit from a nonprofit organization out of Wisconsin. Just ask Searcy.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 09:14:17 pm
If I recall correctly you were making fun of the Brogdons being the fighting Brogdons or whatever. You have definitely talked bad about Southside Batesville in other posts. Oh yea and the Pea Ridge thing from a few years ago. Shooting fire balls out of their eyes and noses.
I guess your perception is your own. The fighting Brogdon description was a play on a current thread of papa interference. If that's making fun then I guess, guilty as charged. As far as the fireball thread go back and read it. It is a classic. My son was on that state championship team and the boys all got a kick out of me sticking up for them in my own snarky way. Like I said. You don't appear to get the nuance of the whole message board thing. From your posts you seem to be a nice guy (no sarcasm) albeit with an agenda or burr in your saddle towards Baptist Prep. Don't take this too seriously. Roll with the punches. It will be alright. And if Baptist Prep gets beat you can come on hear and tell me how right you were. I'll be around.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 09:29:10 pm
I guess your perception is your own. The fighting Brogdon description was a play on a current thread of papa interference. If that's making fun then I guess, guilty as charged. As far as the fireball thread go back and read it. It is a classic. My son was on that state championship team and the boys all got a kick out of me sticking up for them in my own snarky way. Like I said. You don't appear to get the nuance of the whole message board thing. From your posts you seem to be a nice guy (no sarcasm) albeit with an agenda or burr in your saddle towards Baptist Prep. Don't take this too seriously. Roll with the punches. It will be alright. And if Baptist Prep gets beat you can come on hear and tell me how right you were. I'll be around.

If prep wins it all I'll buy you a dictionary.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 16, 2018, 09:20:46 pm
Honestly, that isn't that bad compared to most private schools from what I have seen around. And honestly I appreciate your answer on that cause a lot of private school folks run for the hills and hide when asked that question instead of answering it.
it is information that can be found in public domain with a Google click or two. There are other private schools in town that are much more expensive ( and recruit better ;D). We chose Arkansas Baptist for our kids because of the Christian education and the curriculum lined up with how are children were being taught before our move. We love the community of the school and the opportunities it has afforded our 3 kids. Sorry for the commercial but it is a great school.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 09:37:34 pm
it is information that can be found in public domain with a Google click or two. There are other private schools in town that are much more expensive ( and recruit better ;D). We chose Arkansas Baptist for our kids because of the Christian education and the curriculum lined up with how are children were being taught before our move. We love the community of the school and the opportunities it has afforded our 3 kids. Sorry for the commercial but it is a great school.

You're definitely a fine ambassador...

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 09:37:34 pm

Ok, so that part did give me a good laugh.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 16, 2018, 09:34:01 pm
If prep wins it all I'll buy you a dictionary.
oops, are my participles dangling again.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 09:41:53 pm
oops, are my participles dangling again.

There's an obvious joke here.  I'll take the high road.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 16, 2018, 09:44:35 pm
There's an obvious joke here.  I'll take the high road.
haha

RamblinRazorWreck

February 17, 2018, 09:51:59 am #67 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:59:16 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Bball, the biggest issue for me has been your strawman arguments.  You keep referring to these people who think BP is unbeatable, when there are none that I can see.

Tonight, I think BP vs. SS is a toss-up.  I also think the winner or loser of that game could still hoist the trophy in a couple of weeks.  As could Westside, Pottsville, and perhaps a few others.

RamblinRazorWreck

February 17, 2018, 09:57:04 am #68 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:01:31 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 16, 2018, 07:39:57 pm

Nashville, NLR, Parkview... Just to name a few.  :-)   

Oh and 2 starters for Bryant were taken from Episcopal.

J12

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on February 17, 2018, 09:51:59 am
Bball, the biggest issue for me has been your strawman arguments.  You keep referring to these people who think BP is unbeatable, when there are none that I can see.

Tonight, I think BP vs. SS is a toss-up.  I also think the winner or loser of that game could still hoist the trophy in a couple of weeks.  As could Westside, Pottsville, and perhaps a few others.

I wouldn't count out Gosnell or Trumann next week....

Livewire

J12, I wish I could agree with you but Trumann has disappointed me all year. The talent and athleticism is there but something is missing. Gosnell played a great game against Westside, on a night when Westside's shooting was dismal,and still couldn't get it done.
Obviously I hope they advance in regional but just don't see it happening.

J12

Not likely, but the whole blended conference Westside played in did well in their district tournaments.

If either Southside or Prep don't play well, they'll be bounced.

NEA Razorback olfan

To me this has been a very tough conference,  Gosnell is playing extremely well and peeking at the right time, Trumann has the Ability with their athletes to compete in Regionals. Brookland gets the most out of what they have, Westside is super tough!!
Felts can carry them into a state final. All these teams have been battle tested all year!! But when it comes to post season whoever gets Hot at the right time and mix in a little luck along the way can make a strong run!!

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Pea Ridge didn't look good last night and is now playing for #3...

LRRandy

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 17, 2018, 03:16:55 pm
thats what is nice about these smaller classifications district/region tournament. You can stub your toe ( so long as it isn't the first night) and advance to the next round. A team like Pea Ridge can come back around and make some noise if they can get hot.

Livewire

Felts is one of the best players in 4a, but he isn't immune to having an off night. However Westside is deep enough that any 1 of he other starters can pick up he slack should that occur. That being said, if they were to get down by 10 in the 4h quarter to Brookland tonight, as they did against Gosnell, then they will likely lose.

BigGuy22

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 17, 2018, 03:16:55 pm
Pea Ridge played Gravette for 3rd place tonight. It was a great game Gravette held a lead until a minute into the 3rd. (Pea ridge went into half down 3) then pea ridge started playing like pea ridge! Kobe Rose and Nick Coble were knocking down 3's. Mikey Mahoney dominated the paint. But Pea ridge did lose Hayden Holtgrewe a defensive presence and a very good rim attacker. I loved the way Pea Ridge played tonight! Showed a lot of pride and determination after playing 2 of the worst games this season by far! Im excited to see how they match up against Subiaco... Subisweet, what does Subiaco have that is so special and helps give them an edge over Pea Ridge in your opinion.

bballfan1

I'm going to gamble here and say EStem upsets Westside.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: bballfan1 on February 19, 2018, 11:23:18 am
I'm going to gamble here and say EStem upsets Westside.

Not if Westside shoots like they did vs Brookland Saturday

J12

February 19, 2018, 12:09:53 pm #79 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:13:19 pm by J12
Besides Trumannn against Baptist Prep all these games could go either way. Including Southside and Gosnell.

Trumann would be a big upset. But they have some great athletes.

bballfan1

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 19, 2018, 12:05:21 pm
Not if Westside shoots like they did vs Brookland Saturday
Lonoke has a big gym.  Westside is used to shooting in gyms that are small- this will be a factor in the game. 

woopig123

Quote from: bballfan1 on February 19, 2018, 12:27:09 pm
Lonoke has a big gym.  Westside is used to shooting in gyms that are small- this will be a factor in the game.
Wasn't their district at Brookland? who just got a new pretty big gym?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: woopig123 on February 19, 2018, 12:28:27 pm
Wasn't their district at Brookland? who just got a new pretty big gym?

District was at Harrisburg

J12

I'm sure Westside hasn't played in a new gym all year.  Well unless you count the one time at brookland where, if I remember correctly, shot the ball decently there.

Livewire

NEA,

Did Westside have any trouble hitting shots at Brookland?

NEA Razorback olfan

February 19, 2018, 01:06:24 pm #85 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:16:43 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 01:01:47 pm
NEA,

No problem at all at Brookland,  when they say 3 pointer , Westside shoots 6-10 ft beyond the arc consistently.
Which really stretches your Defense out wide. Tough to guard when they get hot from outside. R Felkins , and Felts drive hard to the hole. I haven't seen those in foul trouble, so if that happens it could be interesting.

Livewire

The Warrior Dome may not be as large as Lonoke, but it isn't small. Gym size will not be an issue. Westside by 15

LRRandy

Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 01:13:59 pm
The Warrior Dome may not be as large as Lonoke, but it isn't small. Gym size will not be an issue. Westside by 15
will Estems speed and athleticism affect Westside? I remember the Huntsville team from a few years ago that had 3 great shooters. They moved the ball quickly around to get a shot for who was open. They ran into an athletic team that could get out on their shooters and stay with them and it ended their run. I wonder if Weatside might be susceptible to that? It's a question. I have not seen Westside play and am looking forward to it.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on February 19, 2018, 01:35:38 pm
will Estems speed and athleticism affect Westside? I remember the Huntsville team from a few years ago that had 3 great shooters. They moved the ball quickly around to get a shot for who was open. They ran into an athletic team that could get out on their shooters and stay with them and it ended their run. I wonder if Weatside might be susceptible to that? It's a question. I have not seen Westside play and am looking forward to it.

Maybe, but they handled NLR press and lost by 7 beginning of the year I believe
Split with Osceola

J12

If Westside shoots like normally do and play defense, they'll be fine. Like NEA said, Westside trips up here it won't be due to lack of quality opponents played to be prepared.

But again, this regional has great talent. You will see 4 good teams go home that all could make noise in the state tournament.

bballfan1

Quote from: J12 on February 19, 2018, 02:14:38 pm
If Westside shoots like normally do and play defense, they'll be fine. Like NEA said, Westside trips up here it won't be due to lack of quality opponents played to be prepared.

But again, this regional has great talent. You will see 4 good teams go home that all could make noise in the state tournament.
Westside struggles with on ball pressure and the press.  ESTEM will benefit with their defense.  I think Westside will have trouble controlling the tempo.  ESTEM will key on Felts.  I really think ESTEM gets this one.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 01:01:47 pm
NEA,

Westside went 11/18 from 3 in the first half at Brookland. Not sure of the second half but they didn't slow down much with the starters in.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 19, 2018, 01:35:38 pm

I really think this Westside team is way better than Huntsville's teams from the past. Huntsville was overrated and Westside is not

Bbal789

Brookland stopped Avery Felts from hitting threes but then everybody else started hitting them. Multiple threes from Riley and Cullen Felkins, Gage Sheffield, and bench player Kessler Mack came in and hit 4 three pointers in the first half.

Livewire

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 19, 2018, 02:05:46 pm
Maybe, but they handled NLR press and lost by 7 beginning of the year I believe
Split with Osceola

Westside split regular season play with Osceola but also beat them in that "little gym" called the ASU Convocation Center in the NEA Tournament.

eagle1

Even Kidding, don't need these comments.

eagle1

4A is as wide open this year as it has been in three or four years. Westside, Southside, eStem, Baptist and that's just in the Lonoke Regional. Plus Riverview, Brookland, Gosnell or even Trumann could get hot there. Robinson on any given night and Ashdown as well. Pottsville is really good as well. Brookland always solid and well coached. Shiloh and Berryville should not be overlooked and Pea Ridge is solid as well. Dumas and Star City capable as well. There will be a ton of good basketball played this week. Focus right now should be winning game one at Regionals to qualify for state. Going to be some good teams that won't make it.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on February 19, 2018, 03:27:52 pm
Even Kidding, don't need these comments.
lighten up Frances. If someone wants to think a school recruits they are going to think it. If you know the truth then it doesn't matter.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 19, 2018, 03:17:10 pm
I really think this Westside team is way better than Huntsville's teams from the past. Huntsville was overrated and Westside is not
that's fine, I'm really not comparing teams as much as style of play. I have not seen Westside and wondered how an athletic team that can get out on their shooters would affect them. I have no way to compair them personally but I do know those Huntsville boys were very good shooters. Wether you think they are overrated or not.

J12

If you can't wait until Wednesday and have some free time, I'd go onto Facebook and lookup Soncom media. They're a local organization that has covered numerous Westside games.

They'll have each game they've covered available to watch.

You'll also see brookland, Trumann, and I believe they've covered Gosnell as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas