• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District Tournament at Carlisle

Started by NEark tigers, February 06, 2018, 01:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Trill

So in y'all opinion, is earle back a top 3 team?

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 18, 2018, 08:41:06 am
Congrats to Carlisle girls.  They played an outstanding game.  If they continue to play at this level, they will be in Hot Springs in a few  weeks.  They hit most of their open threes, and grabbed all the rebounds. I was really impressed in the fourth quarter when Earle cut the lead to ten.  Both teams were tired, but Carlisle dug deep and put them away. Good luck in regionals.

I have to agree with Pick on the boys game.  Earle was patient on offense and worked the ball around looking for a quality shot, and took advantage of Clarendon lazy passes.  I only saw  Clarendon attempt one play in the game to get the ball to their post player.   The rest of the time , the guards drove the basket taking terrible shots.  They need to learn there is not a shot clock in HS basketball, so what was the rush.  Clarendon can beat 95 percent of the 2A teams on athletic ability alone but Earle is not one of them.  Clarendon can make it to Hot Springs with this team,  but  they have to feed the big dog for that to happen.
I agree. I'm sure coach will have them straight next week.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 18, 2018, 01:16:23 pm
Well,  considering that we played better in the last period,  depth wasn't a problem. Both teams played about the same number of players. We had our worst game of the season. Probably partly from being over confident and getting frustrated. Ultimately Earle performed better.

No, probably cause you are a homer and only look through your homer glasses. Your guards played selfish and like Cheek said, took bad shots. You have probably the best player in 2A in Cartwright and he didn't touch the ball hardly at all, (selfish guards) cause he was open plenty. You think you played better in the 4th cause Earle relaxed a little and Cartwright touched the ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Oh and playing the same number of players doesn't mean you have the same depth, just means you have the same numbers.

leedog95

Well so much for Clarendon playing all this great competition all year......lol you Clarendon folks say the same thing every year...... I went down there thinking this was going to be a good game and was sadly mistaken. Earle could have won that game by 25 if they wanted to. Earle is just the better team period. I think EPC might be better than Clarendon or maybe they did just have a bad game. If they play like that against BIC it will be a close game....lol

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 18, 2018, 01:21:08 pm
No, probably cause you are a homer and only look through your homer glasses. Your guards played selfish and like Cheek said, took bad shots. You have probably the best player in 2A in Cartwright and he didn't touch the ball hardly at all, (selfish guards) cause he was open plenty. You think you played better in the 4th cause Earle relaxed a little and Cartwright touched the ball.
No,  as someone that has watched this team all season,  I can say that they have NEVER played selfish ball until last night. I'm not really sure why they played that way last night but it's not characteristic at all.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: leedog95 on February 18, 2018, 01:23:32 pm
Well so much for Clarendon playing all this great competition all year......lol you Clarendon folks say the same thing every year...... I went down there thinking this was going to be a good game and was sadly mistaken. Earle could have won that game by 25 if they wanted to. Earle is just the better team period. I think EPC might be better than Clarendon or maybe they did just have a bad game. If they play like that against BIC it will be a close game....lol

Earle could not have won by 25, if they could have, they would have. Cause Clarendon was right there down the stretch and missed wide open shots that would have made it a last possession game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 18, 2018, 01:25:56 pm
No,  as someone that has watched this team all season,  I can say that they have NEVER played selfish ball until last night. I'm not really sure why they played that way last night but it's not characteristic at all.

Huh? Now you are saying what I was saying at first that you were disputing.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 18, 2018, 01:22:34 pm
Oh and playing the same number of players doesn't mean you have the same depth, just means you have the same numbers.
Our subs are normally very good and have plenty of experience. However,  they were sloppy as well last night. This was one game where they under performed. They'll be fine.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 18, 2018, 01:30:06 pm
Huh? Now you are saying what I was saying at first that you were disputing.
Nope,  I didn't dispute that they were playing selfish. I was the one yelling at them to be a team. It's just not how they normally play. I just don't think it was a depth issue.

Ctucker

February 18, 2018, 01:55:43 pm #260 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:29:37 pm by Ctucker
Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 18, 2018, 01:19:52 pm
So in y'all opinion, is earle back a top 3 team?
Until somebody beats Earle in the State tourney there number 1! I think Earl will win it again but that's just my opionion! Marked Tree or Clarendon could win regional but until somebody beats them in State  it does not matter! They are not unbeatable like last years team but some one has to prove it!

mtindian42

So how much credit does Earle get for making Clarendon look bad? Or did Earle not have anything to do with it at all? Clarendon just missed wide open shots?

Ctucker

im sure they had a lot to do with it ! But you want hear that from momma!lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 18, 2018, 03:46:08 pm
So how much credit does Earle get for making Clarendon look bad? Or did Earle not have anything to do with it at all? Clarendon just missed wide open shots?

It was a combo of those things and the guards selfish play.

MomaLion

I hardly think a 6 pt loss made anyone look bad. We played poorly.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 18, 2018, 03:56:22 pm
im sure they had a lot to do with it ! But you want hear that from momma!lol
No you won't because we played poorly. I congratulated Earle.

leedog95

It was a 6 point loss after coach Murray called the dogs off. That wasn't nearly as close as the score was. I'm not saying Clarendon is bad maybe it was just a bad game for them. I've seen Earle play 4 times this year and that wasn't their best game either........

MomaLion

I don't know what you call calling the dogs off, but in my opinion keeping your starters in is not calling off the dogs.  Besides, the game was never completely out of reach...and yes, it was the absolute worst they've played all season. 
Earle won and I congratulated them...enough said.

MomaLion

I wouldn't be talking smack about missing wide open shots...I watched y'alls game against EPC and all I could think was sloppy sloppy sloppy.  The announcers commented on it multiple times as well as commenting about several missed calls against MT.
I don't think Earle made us look bad at all...I think we made ourselves look bad...now i'm not taking anything away from Earle, they were hustling...however we played so sloppy and selfish that we made ourselves look bad.

mtindian42

Wasn't talking smack just asking a question. I wasn't their to see the game so I was just trying to get a grasp of how Earle beat Clarendon.now I know Clarendon played Selfish and sloppy and beat themselves. Thanks for the input.

MomaLion

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 19, 2018, 06:08:43 am
Wasn't talking smack just asking a question. I wasn't their to see the game so I was just trying to get a grasp of how Earle beat Clarendon.now I know Clarendon played Selfish and sloppy and beat themselves. Thanks for the input.
Yes, we played selfish and sloppy but Earle had a little something to do with that as well.  This is not the same Earle team as I saw earlier...just saying.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 19, 2018, 06:53:13 am
Yes, we played selfish and sloppy but Earle had a little something to do with that as well.  This is not the same Earle team as I saw earlier...just saying.

It may not be.  I did not recognize any of the players from last year.   I know that Doolittle  is one of their star players according to FF, but I did not hear them announce his name in the starting five.  How did Earle all the sudden put it together when England and WCC beat them at the doghouse last week.  We know they got caught cheating in football , and the state is taking them over because they can't balance their books,  so it would lead you to believe the basketball team  may not be up to par.

Bildo

Quote from: Cheek on February 19, 2018, 08:05:33 am
It may not be.  I did not recognize any of the players from last year.   I know that Doolittle  is one of their star players according to FF, but I did not hear them announce his name in the starting five.  How did Earle all the sudden put it together when England and WCC beat them at the doghouse last week.  We know they got caught cheating in football , and the state is taking them over because they can't balance their books,  so it would lead you to believe the basketball team  may not be up to par.
Did one or more players from last year's team move? I was told, not sure how true it is, that some students moved back to Marion because of the issues...
My two cents worth on the Clarendon/Earle game is that when good teams perform poorly, in many cases, is due to the level of competition they are playing against. Earle is very good, so is Clarendon. If the Lions are going to come out on top next time, (if there is another matchup) they will have to find a way to perform better.

To my point, Carlisle girls beat Earle by 19 (I don't think Carlisle is 19 points better than Earle)... Earle did not perform well against a good team. I expect them to play MUCH better if they meet again.

Mr. Trill

Earle got 1 of the best players back for District on forward after a broken hand Cheek. To me, he was like the 2nd best player on the team although he is still coming off the bench currently. He and Doolittle On then court together court is a nightmare. I remember he had about 30+ 1 game last year.

Dogg

Quote from: Bildo on February 19, 2018, 08:20:45 am
Did one or more players from last year's team move? I was told, not sure how true it is, that some students moved back to Marion because of the issues...
My two cents worth on the Clarendon/Earle game is that when good teams perform poorly, in many cases, is due to the level of competition they are playing against. Earle is very good, so is Clarendon. If the Lions are going to come out on top next time, (if there is another matchup) they will have to find a way to perform better.

To my point, Carlisle girls beat Earle by 19 (I don't think Carlisle is 19 points better than Earle)... Earle did not perform well against a good team. I expect them to play MUCH better if they meet again.
Doolittle and Kevon are the only 2 returners  Bohannon enrolled early at Baylor. Earle has a large Jr. Class that went undefeated in Jr High and a huge sophomore  class. Didn't have any kids from Marion or leave and go to Marion. 

Bildo

NEark tigers

Its called pressure defense, mtindian....

NEark tigers

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 19, 2018, 06:08:43 am
Its easy, just reference to a game that Earle played on March 9, 2017.....hint hint..

Defense and execution won the game for the Nation, enough said.....

NEark tigers

You should have paid attention to the announcing of the starting lineups.....Doolittle was the last name called in the starting lineups. The other four were great bench players from last year that moved up to starters. This basketball is up to par with a possibility of three-peating....

NEark tigers

Quote from: Bildo on February 19, 2018, 08:20:45 am

Earle girls just had a bad night against Carlisle, and Carlisle shots were falling and ours were not. Going to a neutral court could be a different story.

HoopKing

Both teams have to win two times for them to play on Saturday.

Bildo

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 19, 2018, 11:37:46 am
Earle girls just had a bad night against Carlisle, and Carlisle shots were falling and ours were not. Going to a neutral court could be a different story.
I agree... I don't care who you are playing at their house, as a rule they are much better at home.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 19, 2018, 11:34:37 am
You should have paid attention to the announcing of the starting lineups.....Doolittle was the last name called in the starting lineups. The other four were great bench players from last year that moved up to starters. This basketball is up to par with a possibility of three-peating....

I guess I should have paid more attention too, cause I didn't hear his name called either.

Bildo

Carlisle has been led in scoring this year by 3-4 different players in games this year. I hope that stays the case... they can score in many ways

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 19, 2018, 01:58:44 pm
I guess I should have paid more attention too, cause I didn't hear his name called either.
last name to be called #32

MomaLion

Yes Doolittle played the entire game. The rest I don't know.

Dogg

call the commissioner of education he's in charge of the district, been in charge of it since October. If you're worried about the basketball team being up to par he can answer all of your questions.

MomaLion

But yet Clarendon boys problem was that Earle defense was very good???  Let's face it, good teams have bad nights.  Earle girls had a bad night and Clarendon boys had a bad night.

Bildo

Dogg

Quote from: MomaLion on February 20, 2018, 12:27:04 am
But yet Clarendon boys problem was that Earle defense was very good???  Let's face it, good teams have bad nights.  Earle girls had a bad night and Clarendon boys had a bad night.
Earle girls and Clarendon boys had bad nights because they both got their butts kicked. Excuses only satisfy the people that use them

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas