• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marked Tree Sr boys 20-0

Started by wctobar, January 29, 2018, 05:45:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wctobar

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

1995fan

MT has really stepped up this year.  The best team ball I've seen in a while.  Looking forward to them making a run. Hopefully they will be ready, it won't be easy.

501Arkansas

They are running from Osceola why? I don't know.  If they are this good why did they cancel the game against Osceola? The coach canceled the Osceola game to play Rivercrest? Really? Lol

wctobar

Wat rcu talking about???? Osceola cancelled on us!! We are ready for ANYBODY! its gne b too Easy

1995fan

I can't imagine MT not taking the opportunity to play a upper division school.  I've been following them close this year and they have beaten schools in Osceola's conference so cancelling is hard to believe.  I'm gonna contact my connect and see what's up.

MikelB

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2018, 11:12:56 am
They are running from Osceola why? I don't know.  If they are this good why did they cancel the game against Osceola? The coach canceled the Osceola game to play Rivercrest? Really? Lol

After watching them play EPC last week, they are very beatable.  So maybe coach just didn't want to take a chance on losing and breaking that winning team mentality. She is a very strategic coach. 

wctobar

501Arkansas

Quote from: wctobar on January 29, 2018, 01:13:46 pm
Wat rcu talking about???? Osceola cancelled on us!! We are ready for ANYBODY! its gne b too Easy
We didn't cancel anything you guys and your coach did it. We are waiting on you guys

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1995fan on January 29, 2018, 01:43:20 pm
I can't imagine MT not taking the opportunity to play a upper division school.  I've been following them close this year and they have beaten schools in Osceola's conference so cancelling is hard to believe.  I'm gonna contact my connect and see what's up.
Okay let us know why she cancel the game.  Everyone was waiting on this game

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2018, 03:28:52 pm
Okay let us know why she cancel the game.  Everyone was waiting on this game
And they only played 1 team out of Osceola blended Confs which was trumann twice. Not teams but a team from the blended confs

NEark tigers

MT barely beat EPC by four last Thursday....smh

501Arkansas

MomaLion

Quote from: wctobar on January 29, 2018, 03:15:05 pm
EPC played stall ball
And? It was apparently effective and any other team can do the same.

ISU7

January 30, 2018, 02:48:04 am #13 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:01:27 am by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2018, 11:12:56 am
Hey 501 Crest might not be that good in bb but we will certainly give them a better game than Kipp Blytheville and Armorel 😄 This 3A/4A conference we play in is tough no doubt.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2018, 05:28:54 pm
And they only played 1 team out of Osceola blended Confs which was trumann twice. Not teams but a team from the blended confs
Right

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on January 30, 2018, 02:48:04 am
Hey 501 Crest might not be that good in bb but we will certainly give them a better game than Kipp Blytheville and Armorel 😄 This 3A/4A conference we play in is tough no doubt.
Lol right. I'm not doubting the Colts at all, I'm just saying why play rivercrest but scared to play Osceola? Lol that's crazy. I guess they want to finish the regular season undefeated and wait and lose tell post season lol

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 30, 2018, 04:13:53 am
Lol right. I'm not doubting the Colts at all, I'm just saying why play rivercrest but scared to play Osceola? Lol that's crazy. I guess they want to finish the regular season undefeated and wait and lose tell post season lol
And it's clear that Marked tree doesn't play anyone. If riverside was in 2a and and their Confs back riverside would be undefeated to😂

wctobar

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 MT is never scared even when we wasnt good we didnt play stall ball we played 4 quarters we always compete with whoever! So bring on Clarendon Beardon EPC for th 6th time😂😂😂 and whoever else! We havent even turned up to full throttle yet we take it 1 game at a time🏆🏀⛹️‍♂️

MikelB

Quote from: MomaLion on January 30, 2018, 01:03:20 am
And? It was apparently effective and any other team can do the same.

Exactly what I was saying MomaLion, as long as you slow them down they are very beatable.  Plus I was at the game and I think EPC stalled for about 3 mins. The rest of the game they just slowed the momentum down. I'm not trying to take anything away from MT, they are a good team this year.

MikelB

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 30, 2018, 04:15:20 am
And it's clear that Marked tree doesn't play anyone. If riverside was in 2a and and their Confs back riverside would be undefeated to😂

Riverside? That may be taking it a little too far lol They are WAY down this year, I think Kipp might give them a tough game this year.

breezy b

long and athletic team. their defense is very good they get their hands on almost every ball.

MomaLion

Quote from: wctobar on January 30, 2018, 07:40:23 am
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 MT is never scared even when we wasnt good we didnt play stall ball we played 4 quarters we always compete with whoever! So bring on Clarendon Beardon EPC for th 6th time😂😂😂 and whoever else! We havent even turned up to full throttle yet we take it 1 game at a time🏆🏀⛹️‍♂️
A good disciplined team can slow the game down. Makes it hard on the run n gun teams who can't adjust. That's not playing scared,  it's playing smart.

birddawg1986

I think as many as 5 teams can win state. Earle is still king of the hill and you cant right them off because of inconsistent regular season play. Usually by district time Murray will have the dogs rolling. Clarendon, Bearden, Marked Tree, and at least 2 dark horses will be a tough out. Should be fun come post season play in our 2A division.

Mr. Trill

That's the only thing that's matter  is post season. Murray can play the 3rd string most minutes all season and folks still will write them off. He'll cancel the games on purpose and people will still say EARle running. Earle can be 9-16, lose in district and regionals and still win the title (you get my point).

bdubyab60

Quote from: wctobar on January 29, 2018, 03:15:05 pm
EPC played stall ball
So. That's called strategy and a game plan. I've seen MT use it over the years. Plus it was like the last 3 minutes til half and MT sure didn't do much to force the pace during that time. They just stood there too

bdubyab60

It figures though. MT is finally doing something and here come all these MT posters out of the woodwork talking about how great they are.

No doubt MT is good. But they are beatable.

If they win it all I'll congratulate em if they lose I'm laughing all day long.

EarlePearl

Marked Tree is for real. But they still have to go through us. As for EPC, they are terrible. And yes, they did slow Play.  We just watched the film, and it was laughable. It wasn't the only team that has tried that. And it wont be the last. The kid who hit back to back 3's keep them in it in the 4th when the stall shorted out,  but MT hit their free throws. EPC tried everything. But what do you expect when you lose to the same team every week. We know the Lions are solid. The problem with MT is that they are unselfish,  and they have put it on us twice. But they still have to go through us for the title. But yes, EPC is a joke. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, district is at their place, so it will not be fun going to that jungle of a gym. MT isn't too bad. We're cool with their fans, but it will not be easy getting out of that gym with a win. The real season begins shortly...Go Dawgs!!

N2DEEP

Why are you guys bashing EPC for playing a style of ball based around their talent. Not very team has the athletes to run and gun, and reality is most teams should not try to. The worst thing thing for an offensive player is to have to play defense, so "stalling" or working for a good shot is a smart game plan.

wctobar

When Epc had Ky Madden Aj Turner Jori Ford Byron Ford the Wyndell kid and Darious Barnes Marked Tree didnt play stall ball we got after it and got beat by 30+ we were not scared EPC is point blank trash no way around it stall ball is

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: wctobar on January 31, 2018, 07:57:01 am
When Epc had Ky Madden Aj Turner Jori Ford Byron Ford the Wyndell kid and Darious Barnes Marked Tree didnt play stall ball we got after it and got beat by 30+ we were not scared EPC is point blank trash no way around it stall ball is

Maybe you weren't scared but "getting after it" to get yourself beat 30+ doesn't sound very smart to me haha. Sure, stall ball is really boring but don't say it's a bad strategy.

beach bum

Quote from: N2DEEP on January 31, 2018, 06:51:37 am
Why are you guys bashing EPC for playing a style of ball based around their talent. Not very team has the athletes to run and gun, and reality is most teams should not try to. The worst thing thing for an offensive player is to have to play defense, so "stalling" or working for a good shot is a smart game plan.

Those are two totally different things....

MikelB

Quote from: EarlePearl on January 31, 2018, 03:42:30 am
Marked Tree is for real. But they still have to go through us. As for EPC, they are terrible. And yes, they did slow Play.  We just watched the film, and it was laughable. It wasn't the only team that has tried that. And it wont be the last. The kid who hit back to back 3's keep them in it in the 4th when the stall shorted out,  but MT hit their free throws. EPC tried everything. But what do you expect when you lose to the same team every week. We know the Lions are solid. The problem with MT is that they are unselfish,  and they have put it on us twice. But they still have to go through us for the title. But yes, EPC is a joke. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, district is at their place, so it will not be fun going to that jungle of a gym. MT isn't too bad. We're cool with their fans, but it will not be easy getting out of that gym with a win. The real season begins shortly...Go Dawgs!!

Please elaborate on why you called the EPC gym a jungle.

bdubyab60

We struggle when teams play zone. Kind of like Arkansas. You can call it what you want but we played MY closer than anyone else has.

Again MT didn't try and force the pace either except for the couple of times they pressed.

It's true we aren't as good as we used to be. You do realize players graduate over time. You folks calling us garbage and a joke for being smart and trying something different to beat a team no one has yet can KMA.

Never seen a group of people so mad over almost getting beat. Heck we didn't win and still complaining about. The purpose is to try and win the game and it had us in the game. We don't have the players we used to so you gotta do what might at least work. Get over it you still got the win.

bdubyab60

Quote from: EarlePearl on January 31, 2018, 03:42:30 am
Weakest Earle team I've seen in years. Just like us. Marion players decide to go back to Marion or West Memphis. Be cool with MT all you want they have owned you this year too. There is a blueprint out ther now of at least a way to keep it close. You got the film

bdubyab60

Quote from: wctobar on January 31, 2018, 07:57:01 am
You could have stalled all you wanted and still got mercy ruled. Thanks for the 30 point wins.

We aren't scared either. Did what we had to do to try and win the game. Last I checked that's what you are supposed to do

Dogg

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 31, 2018, 11:53:53 am
Weakest Earle team I've seen in years. Just like us. Marion players decide to go back to Marion or West Memphis. Be cool with MT all you want they have owned you this year too. There is a blueprint out ther now of at least a way to keep it close. You got the film
It's not like MT are world beaters. They are not dominant either. Earle has 1 returning starter on the team who is the only Sr. Kevon will be back at the start of the District Tournament and we will be fine.  Bohannon leaving early is the difference with this team.

birddawg1986

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 31, 2018, 12:01:43 pm
You could have stalled all you wanted and still got mercy ruled. Thanks for the 30 point wins.

We aren't scared either. Did what we had to do to try and win the game. Last I checked that's what you are supposed to do
That was a very solid EPC squad. Debate #1 Who wins the between the 2012 state champions EPC Warriros-Earle Bulldogs ?????

Ctucker

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 31, 2018, 01:31:26 pm
That was a very solid EPC squad. Debate #1 Who wins the between the 2012 state champions EPC Warriros-Earle Bulldogs ?????
Dang that's a tough one!

Ctucker

That EPC team Earle and Cedar Ridge wow now that's some ball teams

birddawg1986

Quote from: Ctucker on January 31, 2018, 02:12:16 pm
That EPC team Earle and Cedar Ridge wow now that's some ball teams
Yeah just in NE Ark the last 10 years Earle has won 5 state titles, Bay 4 Cedar Ridge 3 EPC 2

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on January 31, 2018, 01:23:44 pm
It's not like MT are world beaters. They are not dominant either. Earle has 1 returning starter on the team who is the only Sr. Kevon will be back at the start of the District Tournament and we will be fine.  Bohannon leaving early is the difference with this team.
I know Dogg. That's just thrown out there to certain posters. They know who they are.

Truthfully can't ever count Earle out. They always seem to be there in the hunt come post season.

I agree MT is good. But teams in this area aren't as good as they have been the past few years.

MT can crow right now. Let's see if they can close the deal. Cause i can tell you without a doubt in my mind that past state teams mentioned in this thread would crush this MT team. I haven't seen a team anywhere near the caliber of recent state champs to come through this area.

Dogg

January 31, 2018, 06:41:11 pm #41 Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:22:08 pm by Dogg
I agree with you Dub. Talked to Murray last night and he said his struggle right now is finding the right combination. There is no boys team in 2A ball right now that can say crown us Champs right now. Earle will beat MT when it counts

wctobar

501Arkansas

Is "scary tree"(MARKED TREE) going to reschedule the game against Osceola or not?

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 02, 2018, 12:34:51 am
Is "scary tree"(MARKED TREE) going to reschedule the game against Osceola or not?
Nope 😂

501Arkansas

birddawg1986

I'm not sure who cancelled the game. Would have been a good game for both teams heading into district regardless of who won or lost. I know they have played the last two seasons with MT defeating Osceola 76-53 in 2016 @ MT and Osceola winning last year 71-64 @ Osceola.

NEark tigers

They're worried about their undefeated run...one of the players(Malone) said in an KAIT8 interview that MT compares themselves as the Golden State Warriors...my question is what championship have they won, the 2-2A regular season crown....SMH

BigLion10

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 02, 2018, 09:08:27 am
They're worried about their undefeated run...one of the players(Malone) said in an KAIT8 interview that MT compares themselves as the Golden State Warriors...my question is what championship have they won, the 2-2A regular season crown....SMH
Better hope it doesn't end like the Warriors record breaking 73-9 regular season 2 years ago lol

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 02, 2018, 09:08:27 am
They can end up like JC in football lose in the finals or the Colts might get them Thursday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas