• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton vs Wynne at WMS

Started by Deuceswild, November 24, 2017, 09:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuceswild

I got to assume as strong as the east is that this is the only logical scenario right?

BruinBacker

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 24, 2017, 09:26:10 pm
I got to assume as strong as the east is that this is the only logical scenario right?
I didn't realize they played a 3rd place game... :D

Deuceswild

Well the East is the 3rd best conference, nicely done Central, thought it would end this way, but ya never know. Always surprising in the 5A

MDXPHD

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 24, 2017, 09:31:26 pm
Well the East is the 3rd best conference, nicely done Central, thought it would end this way, but ya never know. Always surprising in the 5A

They must be third. PA, then the central, then the east. Good call.

JacketFan

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 24, 2017, 09:26:10 pm
Very classy thread to start, great season Jackets, and congrats to LRMC and god luck at WMS

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: JacketFan on November 24, 2017, 09:37:04 pm
Very classy thread to start, great season Jackets, and congrats to LRMC and god luck at WMS
why mess  with the 5a east kids  some might read this board   

ps that 3rd  place  game was played   wynne won 27-0   

and this might be the wrong thead  but i think nett goes 6-4 next season   if nett sweeps VV Bly and FC   7-3

JessieP

Nettleton and Wynne are going to WMS, what section are they sitting in?

Deuceswild

Guess you all haven't read about the posts of the west teams, this is mostly for the Wynne posters who crippled their own team earlier in the year, still disappoints me how they jumped ship on the coaches then jumped back on when once they started winning again, then throw out silly threads about the west. I never once said anything about the kids but they did. I just read that they were saying their own kids seemed like they didn't want to win that game. Not one of those posters went through what those kids do in a year of workouts. They just got beat in certain stages of the game, doesn't mean they didn't want to win. I was rooting for Wynne til i saw the nonsense about the west last week. Good luck next year, hope ya learned something.

JessieP

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 24, 2017, 10:32:40 pm
Guess you all haven't read about the posts of the west teams, this is mostly for the Wynne posters who crippled their own team earlier in the year, still disappoints me how they jumped ship on the coaches then jumped back on when once they started winning again, then throw out silly threads about the west. I never once said anything about the kids but they did. I just read that they were saying their own kids seemed like they didn't want to win that game. Not one of those posters went through what those kids do in a year of workouts. They just got beat in certain stages of the game, doesn't mean they didn't want to win. I was rooting for Wynne til i saw the nonsense about the west last week. Good luck next year, hope ya learned something.

Now that is true. Wynne fans are the most fair weathered fans in the state. They were running for the exits after the Batesville game. I have always said Wynne was never as good as their fans claimed nor were they ever as bad as their fans claimed.

PA Dad

Come on.   These are kids.  They play their hearts out.  Everyone of them should have our admiration .  They play as hard as they can.  They don't intentionally miss a block or a tackle.

None of the posters on this board could play nearly as well as the kids who are actually playing do.

Lighten up,and give the kids their due.

Give credit to the men in the arena.

Grond

Quote from: PA Dad on November 24, 2017, 10:46:46 pm
Come on.   These are kids.  They play their hearts out.  Everyone of them should have our admiration .  They play as hard as they can.  They don't intentionally miss a block or a tackle.

None of the posters on this board could play nearly as well as the kids who are actually playing do.

Lighten up,and give the kids their due.

Give credit to the men in the arena.

Well said.

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on November 24, 2017, 10:57:10 pm
Well said.

Thanks Grond.

Many on this board probably think the PA posters are here because PA is dominant.  I can't speak for other PA posters, but that's not true for me.  I'm a fan because I love the competition.  I greatly admire fans like Grond who pull for teams that are not very good and make no apologies for doing so.  That's much harder than pulling for winning teams.  I hope and think that I would be the same if my team was not very good.

It's a great game regardless of who wins.

If you've never read "Credit to the man in the Arena", please do so.

PA Bruin Fan

Just adding to the conference discussion here, I think 5A is pretty strong in general.  I'd like to see any of the 5A playoff teams square up against 6A or 7A teams.  I think 5A would shock a lot of people (mostly outside our conference). 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 25, 2017, 12:24:05 am
Just adding to the conference discussion here, I think 5A is pretty strong in general.  I'd like to see any of the 5A playoff teams square up against 6A or 7A teams.  I think 5A would shock a lot of people (mostly outside our conference).

I disagree. The 5A this year seems down to me compared to previous years. 6A top 4 would have their way with most of the 5A teams other than PA. 7A would wipe the floor with 5A, and I think NLR or Bentonville would easily handle all of 5A.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 25, 2017, 02:34:36 am
I disagree. The 5A this year seems down to me compared to previous years. 6A top 4 would have their way with most of the 5A teams other than PA. 7A would wipe the floor with 5A, and I think NLR or Bentonville would easily handle all of 5A.

NLR and Bentonville are best of the best in 7A. That's not exactly what I was saying but there are plenty of 6A (not Greenwood) and 7A teams that 5A would play competitively against.  I'm just giving credit where I think it's due. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 25, 2017, 02:58:49 am
NLR and Bentonville are best of the best in 7A. That's not exactly what I was saying but there are plenty of 6A (not Greenwood) and 7A teams that 5A would play competitively against.  I'm just giving credit where I think it's due.

I agree that the top 5A teams could handle the bottom 6A teams. But that's about all I can say. 5A just isn't very good this season overall, which happens every once in awhile.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 25, 2017, 03:42:43 am
I agree that the top 5A teams could handle the bottom 6A teams. But that's about all I can say. 5A just isn't very good this season overall, which happens every once in awhile.

All just conjecture until they actually square off against another conference.  I wouldn't disagree that some 5A teams are down this year.  I'd still like to see PA, LRM, Wynn and maybe Nettleton and LRCA square off against a few 6A and 7A foes. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 25, 2017, 04:05:09 am
All just conjecture until they actually square off against another conference.  I wouldn't disagree that some 5A teams are down this year.  I'd still like to see PA, LRM, Wynn and maybe Nettleton and LRCA square off against a few 6A and 7A foes.

Maybe so, because comparing scores doesn't really give us the best idea. However, Searcy hammered morrilton and Batesville this season, which weren't too far off from the teams you just mentioned (other than PA, of course). I don't think anyone but PA could keep up with greenwood or PB. I do think some could keep up with the mid to lower tier 6A schools though. Regardless, I still think the 5A as a whole was down this season. Some teams were "up" by their standards, but that happens in most down years.

walkingguy72396

East and West Just did not have any premier type teams.  A 4 way tie tethered to a 3 way tie.  Indicates to me that that the all the 1 seeds could of ended up 3 seeds.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas