• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2 Pokey at Ashdown

Started by Redskin2015, November 10, 2017, 11:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who ya got?

Panthers
39 (59.1%)
Redskins
27 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

bigchief72455

Quote from: camo5257 on November 14, 2017, 06:09:48 am
Ok, first GAME curse
I think you are thinking of the 11 game curse. We have won in the first round a few times. Even made it to the quarterfinals years ago. The 11th win has seemed to elude the Skins and will again this season because even if they by some chance won the state title that would still leave them at 10-5 for the season.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2017, 07:58:35 am
Is Pokey flying or driving?
Flying to Texarkana via crop planes driving from there

Redskin2015

November 14, 2017, 11:13:34 am #52 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:19:01 am by Redskin2015
Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 14, 2017, 08:20:01 am
I think you are thinking of the 11 game curse. We have won in the first round a few times. Even made it to the quarterfinals years ago. The 11th win has seemed to elude the Skins and will again this season because even if they by some chance won the state title that would still leave them at 10-5 for the season.
This is true we've came close to breaking it these past couple of years too just a play or two away it's the curse I tell ya, the curse!

Redskin2015

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 12, 2017, 08:35:07 am
No dog in this fight but no kid in high school  in Ark ran a 4.39 I call hogwash!!!
It's true the kid can straight up jet easily the fastest I've seen come through pokey in a while, pairing his speed with his elusiveness is leathel

RyanLR

bigchief72455

Looking forward to it this Friday night.Should be a good game.

polksalet

I'm giving edge to trashy. That air borne funk is worth 2 tds against those never exposed.

Redskin2015

Quote from: RyanLR on November 14, 2017, 03:39:09 pm
Ashdown 28-21
It will be a close one unlike both teams first rounds I expect to see some good play praying that both teams stay injury free and that they play their hearts out

NEA Razorback olfan

Best of Luck to the Redskins!!!
Skins by 6

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 15, 2017, 07:13:58 pm
Best of Luck to the Redskins!!!
Skins by 6
It's nice to be one of the teams the rest of your own conference is rooting for. NEA, I cheer for your Bearcats almost every week except for against us.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 15, 2017, 07:38:02 pm
It's nice to be one of the teams the rest of your own conference is rooting for. NEA, I cheer for your Bearcats almost every week except for against us.

Yes sir, Pokey always has successfull teams!!
Same goes here!!!

elvis26

:D goodluck bigchief Friday night!! I will b rooting for your redskins Friday night!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: elvis26 on November 15, 2017, 08:24:06 pm
:D goodluck bigchief Friday night!! I will b rooting for your redskins Friday night!!

Hats off to Trumann for a great year!!

Csa17

Yes give em heck pokey the few of us from t town r behind u

Rugman15

Quote from: Csa17 on November 15, 2017, 08:42:55 pm
Yes give em heck pokey the few of us from t town r behind u

I'm laughing so much right now  :D :D :D  Thanks for the laugh man :)!

elvis26

Rugman15

Almost forgot my prediction...

Ashdown 28
Pokey 6

Should be a fun one!

Porka

November 16, 2017, 05:34:58 am #67 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:05:19 am by Porka
If the Pokey QB stays in the game (the one that ran the 4.39 at the U of A camp) and doesn't come off the field due to being hurt, the Skins may come out of Ashdown with the win. Seems he is talented but extremely fragile. The backup QB did a darn good job against Dumas though.

bigchief72455

Pocahontas qb is tough. He has took some hard shots and has come back to play. This whole team is tough. Very proud of what they have been able to accomplish this year. They took some hard losses and kept fighting. They were not expected to have made it this far. I hope they roll into Ashdown and give them a game. A win would be great. Ashdown is a very talented and well coached team and they come from a very tough conference. Looking forward to seeing it all.

ballislife101

polksalet

If the pokey kid runs a legit 4.39 he'll be the second or third fastest kid on the field tonight.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

It's not just his speed, but his overall athleticism. Like I said, arm tackles won't do it for Ashdown on defense. He can slip out of almost anything. He hurdled a kid from Dumas that was almost standing all the way up. If I was to tell the Panthers one thing, it would be contain Devon Adams early and change the Redskins game plan. Otherwise, it may be a long night down there for the Panthers

camo5257

Quote from: polksalet on November 17, 2017, 03:40:30 pm
If the pokey kid runs a legit 4.39 he'll be the second or third fastest kid on the field tonight.
Are you serious? Ashdown must have some super athletes
(I know Devon personally and yes he legit ran a 4.39 this off-season, measured at an Arkansas prospect camp)

Pokey03

Absolutely no answer for Ashdown's team speed tonight.

RyanLR

32-14 sounds like Ashdown is putting it all together right now.

bigchief72455

Came in fighting but in the end they were just too much for us. Good run Skins. Nothing to hang our heads over. Good luck to Ashdown. Looks like a 7-4A rematch next week.

polksalet

Quote from: camo5257 on November 17, 2017, 08:23:42 pm
Are you serious? Ashdown must have some super athletes
(I know Devon personally and yes he legit ran a 4.39 this off-season, measured at an Arkansas prospect camp)

Was my prediction accurate about the speed?

Hogman2018

How did that 4.39 speed work out for you?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

If your o-line can't block speed rushers then it doesn't matter how fast you are. They could get the initial push but then the middle of the d-line would just break through. That and how quick the secondary flocked to the ball the second you pass the line of scrimmage

bigchief72455

November 18, 2017, 09:01:25 pm #79 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:31:52 pm by bigchief72455
Speed is nice and it does help but that defense was really good. We had no premonitions of state title fame this year but it was a better run than expected. Good group of young men and they never gave up. Only a few graduating this year and a big and very talented group coming up. Looking forward to it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas