• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Devil Dogs @ Wynne yellow jackets

Started by the voice, November 10, 2017, 09:58:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

I will say this Morrilton is a good team but wynne I think is better but the thing about wynne I like we been but we don't break we get the job done

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 12, 2017, 02:37:44 pm
Somebody needs to call coach McNabb and tell him we might as well not play... this guys got it all figured out. I love seeing people on here just being pompous while everyone else is just having fun conversation, because it's so funny seeing them disappear after their team loses. There's no guarantees in the playoffs, buddy. Good luck containing Jacolby.
Good luck containing #7,#3,#35,#33,#50,#4,#67.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: tmycjy on November 12, 2017, 03:44:53 pm
I will say this Morrilton is a good team but wynne I think is better but the thing about wynne I like we been but we don't break we get the job done
"Bend" maybe?  I can't tell for sure what you are saying.  Maybe throw in a little punctuation.  Only time will tell. 

Idindonuffin

November 12, 2017, 09:51:33 pm #53 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:13:26 pm by sevenof400
Meanwhile . . . Wynne plays Morrilton on Friday.

sevenof400

JacketFan

Are we back to actually talking about the Wynne and Morrilton game Friday, lol

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 13, 2017, 01:13:42 pm
Now then, where were we?

You should have started a couple up with PA Bruin Fan being a pompous jerk to Tmycjy

MDXPHD

Wynne will control the clock and if they don't make mistakes, they will win this game by a couple of TD's. I know Morrilton has a very talented qb, but Wynne will limit his possessions. I think it will be a close game, with Wynne getting the edge at home 35-28.

Devil Dog 17

I cant speak for Wynne, because I haven't seen them play much this season. Can someone tell me what they lost from last year? Do yall Wynne fans think yall are better than last year, or about the same.  Sound like Wynne may be clicking on all cylinders right now.  From a Devil Dog prespective, I think Dogs are much better offensively, and maybe a little better defensively than last year.  I think this may be a close game, and may go down to the last possession. Go Dogs!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on November 13, 2017, 01:45:35 pm
I cant speak for Wynne, because I haven't seen them play much this season. Can someone tell me what they lost from last year? Do yall Wynne fans think yall are better than last year, or about the same.  Sound like Wynne may be clicking on all cylinders right now.  From a Devil Dog prespective, I think Dogs are much better offensively, and maybe a little better defensively than last year.  I think this may be a close game, and may go down to the last possession. Go Dogs!!

I'm not from Wynne, but they lost their coaching staff. They are just now peaking I think. They don't run a hurry up offense or try to score a lot of points -- they win by holding the ball, playclock running down inside 5 seconds or so, and just long, sustained drives. They play pretty good defense...but it's just hard to get on them when you get the ball about 3 times each half.

Devil Dog 17

But can you tell me how they compare to last years team.  I was really impressed with last years O-line. Very physical.  I was hoping most of them graduated last year.

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 01:48:55 pm
I'm not from Wynne, but they lost their coaching staff. They are just now peaking I think. They don't run a hurry up offense or try to score a lot of points -- they win by holding the ball, playclock running down inside 5 seconds or so, and just long, sustained drives. They play pretty good defense...but it's just hard to get on them when you get the ball about 3 times each half.
They are definitely peaking at the right time, and slight changes at Defense has turned that side of the ball around, and they are playing lights out, if they can play like that through the playoffs, it will make for a exciting last couple weeks of the season.  They have one tough QB, and one of the best RBs in the state in my opinion, and not to mention, the offensive line has done outstanding the last two games.  With all that said, I will take Wynne by two scores at home.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on November 13, 2017, 01:53:06 pm
But can you tell me how they compare to last years team.  I was really impressed with last years O-line. Very physical.  I was hoping most of them graduated last year.
They are just as good or better than last year, their offense runs a little different than last year, they slow the game way down and just smoke the clock, they are top heavy with seniors, I think the whole offense is seniors, except one kid, the secondary is better than last year, the d-line is just strong,physical kids that can get off the block pretty quick....If Morrilton wins this game my hats off to them, cause it's tough beating Wynne at home, I think they have lost one game at home in the last 3 years, that was to PA!

South 45

Quote from: South 45 on November 11, 2017, 10:40:31 am
I have nothing but respect for Wynne. They are playing great on both sides of the ball. This is not last years DD's. We are going to have to be very two dimensional to win. I'm laying the burden this week on our receivers.
I'm sticking with my previous statement above. It's a given Wynne's offence is going to control the clock and put points on the board. Their defense is going to have to stop #7. That said if we are going to win it will be done in the air. I'm taking a good look at our WR roster trying to decide who my go to guys would be. Plenty of depth and ability on that list but #1 Mason Adams is standing out to me for the short ball. I'm looking for multiple conversions from him. For the long ball you have to like #12 Laken Dillard but he can be just as valuable as a decoy with all the other talent at the position. Scoring from outside the red zone is a must along with being able to absorb if not match Wynne's physicality on both sides of the ball. As a biased fan I'm going with Morrilton by single digits.

chaingang

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 13, 2017, 02:58:43 pm
They are just as good or better than last year, their offense runs a little different than last year, they slow the game way down and just smoke the clock, they are top heavy with seniors, I think the whole offense is seniors, except one kid, the secondary is better than last year, the d-line is just strong,physical kids that can get off the block pretty quick....If Morrilton wins this game my hats off to them, cause it's tough beating Wynne at home, I think they have lost one game at home in the last 3 years, that was to PA!.....
.....and it was by 14 points ...... not 147 points

PercussionMan

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 12, 2017, 04:34:31 pm
“Bend” maybe?  I can’t tell for sure what you are saying.  Maybe throw in a little punctuation.  Only time will tell. 

Only time will tell if Wynne makes it back to the state "tittle" game to get smacked right in their chops for the 3rd straight time.

JacketFan

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 13, 2017, 05:06:00 pm
Only time will tell if Wynne makes it back to the state "tittle" game to get smacked right in their chops for the 3rd straight time.
Must make you a big man to make fun of a persons spelling, and grammar, neither of which has anything to do with this football game, so I personally hoped Wynne puts the smack down on your little devil pups again.  Tmycjy contributes a lot to this forum, so please refrain from trying to be a bully hiding behind a computer screen.

Idindonuffin

Well, if they make it back to the title game, they will have made it to the title game. You got a problem with that?

MDXPHD

You're a coward man. For real.

PercussionMan

Quote from: JacketFan on November 13, 2017, 05:22:02 pm
Must make you a big man to make fun of a persons spelling, and grammar, neither of which has anything to do with this football game, so I personally hoped Wynne puts the smack down on your little devil pups again.  Tmycjy contributes a lot to this forum, so please refrain from trying to be a bully hiding behind a computer screen.

Oh come on guys....I was making a small joke and having a little fun on the boards like a lot of other people, and just like PA Bruin Fan....nothing any worse.  No bullying intended....sorry if that offended you guys or anyone else.

PercussionMan

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 13, 2017, 05:33:43 pm
Well, if they make it back to the title game, they will have made it to the title game. You got a problem with that?

Nope....they make it back, they will have earned it.  Just don't see them winning it....again.

Idindonuffin

This week, they play Morrilton. That's the task at hand. One game at a time.

Overdahill

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 13, 2017, 05:44:07 pm
Nope....they make it back, they will have earned it.  Just don't see them winning it....again.

IDK, the way they are playing lately it would be an epic battle IF both teams make it back

PercussionMan

Quote from: Overdahill on November 13, 2017, 06:46:01 pm
IDK, the way they are playing lately it would be an epic battle IF both teams make it back

We heard how great Wynne was all last season....also in 2014....when they finish the task, maybe someone other than East posters will believe it.

Idindonuffin

It is premature to talk about the title game with anybody. They're playing Morrilton this week.

WYNNE vs. MORRILTON

This week.

lizard1989

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 13, 2017, 07:06:35 pm
We heard how great Wynne was all last season....also in 2014....when they finish the task, maybe someone other than East posters will believe it.

So being the number two team out of all of the teams in the 5A isn't good enough? Are you really saying that the measure of a "great team" is winning the state championship? I watched several games last year and those young men fought hard for everything they got.  They were the best public school in the 5A last year.

PA Dad

It's just silly to question the bona fides of either of these teams.  Both have proved it over the years.  So let's just focus on the game this week.  It should be a very good, competitive game.

AT

I've watched the Wynne vs. LRC tape.

Hicks is still a beast. Defense is for real. I know they gave up those two late scores, but Wynne gave up 28 points to a very explosive LRC team for 3.9 quarters. (I know it is the 4 that count).

Morrilton's QB can find holes in this defense though if his O-Line protects him and if they don't he has the athleticism to make things happen. I like the matchup. I think Wynne wins if the game is close at half. I think if Morrilton can jump on them then the Devil Dogs could very well pull it out.

PercussionMan

Quote from: lizard1989 on November 13, 2017, 07:23:14 pm
So being the number two team out of all of the teams in the 5A isn't good enough? Are you really saying that the measure of a "great team" is winning the state championship? I watched several games last year and those young men fought hard for everything they got.  They were the best public school in the 5A last year.

The measure of a championship team is winning it all....you're not called champions until you do. Wynne has had some very good teams over the years....we all know that. I just get tired of those that act like they are the best of the best in 5A each year and that no one will stop them....until they do get stopped, and then, you hear very little from those same folks. I, for one, believed the hype and went to watch them in the championship in 2014 and then on T.V. last year. I just wanted them to actually finish it....I wanted Hill to get a state title instead of a 3rd runnerup....but it didn't happen.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 13, 2017, 09:01:27 pm
The measure of a championship team is winning it all....you're not called champions until you do. Wynne has had some very good teams over the years....we all know that. I just get tired of those that act like they are the best of the best in 5A each year and that no one will stop them....until they do get stopped, and then, you hear very little from those same folks. I, for one, believed the hype and went to watch them in the championship in 2014 and then on T.V. last year. I just wanted them to actually finish it....I wanted Hill to get a state title instead of a 3rd runnerup....but it didn't happen.

Since you're a Devil Dog, why are you so bent out of shape about Wynne? You trying to be a Tokyo Rose or something? Just move right on along and worry about Morrilton since they're your team. Let Wynne worry about their team who is focused on this week's game.

PA Dad

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 13, 2017, 09:01:27 pm

I agree.  On the other hand, I enjoy the posters who claim no one can beat their team who disappear after their team loses.  It is entertaining. 

But I also understand the urge to support your team and take on all comers who question the quality of the team. 

The thing that irks me most is the unfounded accusations.  I do not believe it is ok to make unsupported accusations just because this is a "message board."  MDX, take note!

PA Dad

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 13, 2017, 09:08:02 pm
Since you're a Devil Dog, why are you so bent out of shape about Wynne? You trying to be a Tokyo Rose or something? Just move right on along and worry about Morrilton since they're your team. Let Wynne worry about their team who is focused on this week's game.

Eh, maybe you should look at Trackster's name before assuming he's a Devil Dog.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 13, 2017, 09:08:59 pm
I agree.  On the other hand, I enjoy the posters who claim no one can beat their team who disappear after their team loses.  It is entertaining. 

But I also understand the urge to support your team and take on all comers who question the quality of the team. 

The thing that irks me most is the unfounded accusations.  I do not believe it is ok to make unsupported accusations just because this is a "message board."  MDX, take note!

No need to take note-- you've made your stance clear on it! Lol. It's all good though. But why can't we spout off our opinions on a message board?!

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 09:15:20 pm
No need to take note-- you've made your stance clear on it! Lol. It's all good though. But why can't we spout off our opinions on a message board?!

I'm all in favor of it.  What I don't like is making false accusations or false assertions of fact.  Should we desert notions of decency and fairness just because this is a message board?

The best thread I've seen on this board is the Public v. Private thread you started.  It was great because you started with facts, not supposition, rumor, or opinion.

I think it's fun to give an opinion that a team is better than another or that a team will win.  I don't think it's fun to falsely accuse another poster or group of posters.

Idindonuffin

November 13, 2017, 09:29:26 pm #84 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:33:38 pm by IMSwarmed
Quote from: PA Dad on November 13, 2017, 09:10:26 pm
Eh, maybe you should look at Trackster's name before assuming he's a Devil Dog.

Maybe you should take a look at who I was responding to. It was Percussion Man. If you read to the left of his post, it says "Go Devil Dogs." It's a dead giveaway.

PA Dad

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 13, 2017, 09:29:26 pm
Maybe you should take a look at who I was responding to. It was Percussion Man. If you read to the left of his post, it says "Go Devil Dogs."

Well, I have egg all over my face!  I read it wrong.  I apologize.

the voice

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 13, 2017, 09:08:02 pm
Basically he was a hill supporter. There was lots of family and friends in morrilton that wanted him to win. Up until last year anyway lol ,

Hope Friday night is a good game. I'm expecting it to be.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: the voice on November 13, 2017, 09:36:30 pm
Basically he was a hill supporter. There was lots of family and friends in morrilton that wanted him to win. Up until last year anyway lol ,

Hope Friday night is a good game. I'm expecting it to be.

I see. Well, I'm expecting a good game. Looking forward to it.

Devil Dog 17

Can any of the Wynne fans tell me how the young man that got injured during the Morrilton game last year is doing? Looked like he was going to be a D-1 player.  I hope he is ok.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on November 15, 2017, 11:46:35 am
Can any of the Wynne fans tell me how the young man that got injured during the Morrilton game last year is doing? Looked like he was going to be a D-1 player.  I hope he is ok.
In the running for State Def. player of the year.

South 45

Boy do I remember that...Was across the field from me but I had a straight line of view when it happened. Remember saying immediately "make the call, that kids not getting up". Real glad to hear he's back at it!!!   

JacketFan

Ready for Friday, should be a good game, with good weather for some fireworks.  Safe travels for Morrilton, play safe, play hard, and leave it all on the field.  Go Jackets

InYoGrill

I haven't seen THE VOICE since Monday. I heard he was camping outside the Wynne stadium. That boy PUMPED for some devil dog stomping Friday night.

PercussionMan

Quote from: the voice on November 13, 2017, 09:36:30 pm

Yeah, I guess you could say that's kind of what it was.  I felt like Hill did a lot for the Morrilton program in his years there.  I was definitely disappointed that he left after a state championship loss to go coach at Van Buren of all places....but I do understand....money talks.  I'm also still a "Hill supporter" of sorts....he's the OC at my college alma mater.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 15, 2017, 07:00:38 pm
I haven't seen THE VOICE since Monday. I heard he was camping outside the Wynne stadium. That boy PUMPED for some devil dog stomping Friday night.
I drove by, I didn't see him anywhere...he must be in the bushes.

the voice

Unfortunately I'm out of state for work.  Gonna try to make the game. 

South 45

Got my oil changed today and told the boss I was cutting out early Friday...I'm set, let's roll.

InYoGrill

Quote from: the voice on November 15, 2017, 07:16:54 pm
Unfortunately I'm out of state for work.  Gonna try to make the game.

Oh you will be there! If you don't show up with yo dawgs, I will make you eat that full bowl of brownies you made everyone at work that is still in the fridge.

Go Postal

InYoGrill

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas