• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs @ Gravette

Started by Wonderdog, November 10, 2017, 12:16:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderdog

What does the FF community know about these two teams? I hope to see a competitive game.

bilboswaggins

Gravette: Great offensive line, Very good running back, can't throw that well, defense very tough.

SUGARTOWN

Heber's best runner was their Soph. QB, he was pretty elusive when they played Stuttgart. They're not flashy, but a pretty solid team, much like Gravette. I think Gravette pulls out a close one at home.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2017, 07:48:49 am
Heber's best runner was their Soph. QB, he was pretty elusive when they played Stuttgart. They're not flashy, but a pretty solid team, much like Gravette. I think Gravette pulls out a close one at home.

I'm trying to pick a game in NWA... I think this one will be the closest...  The BBQ chicken nachos are calling me to PG however...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 10, 2017, 07:56:16 am
I'm trying to pick a game in NWA... I think this one will be the closest...  The BBQ chicken nachos are calling me to PG however...

If we're lucky enough to make it PG next week, I'm stopping at Whataburger in Fayetteville pre game.  ;D

RZback

beach bum

November 10, 2017, 01:25:05 pm #6 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:34:19 pm by beach bum
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2017, 08:10:43 am
If we're lucky enough to make it PG next week, I'm stopping at Whataburger in Fayetteville pre game.  ;D

You can come have dinner at my house for free. If you can handle tilapia, plain rice with no salt, and a plate full of veggies  ;D ... Cuckoobird is invited too of course. The only time I ever get Whataburger is their breakfast. Their honey chicken biscuits or strawberry jelly chicken biscuit  with a coffee hooked me.

beach bum

If Heber Springs D-line is not that great or just so so then Gravette is going to win this by 2 or 3 scores.

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 10, 2017, 07:56:16 am

I am thinking of making my first game next Friday no matter who wins between Stuttgart and Shiloh as either one of you guys winning equals a great matchup in PG next week.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2017, 01:30:31 pm
I am thinking of making my first game next Friday no matter who wins between Stuttgart and Shiloh as either one of you guys winning equals a great matchup in PG next week.

Yeah I am in on that one for sure...  A couple years back, I think PG vs. Arkadelphia, we had a big fearless group meet on the visitor side...  I remember Whippersnapper, We Are Shiloh, Me, a couple Booneville posters and you at that game... I just missed you... I was getting more food when you swung by...

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 10, 2017, 01:48:15 pm
Yeah I am in on that one for sure...  A couple years back, I think PG vs. Arkadelphia, we had a big fearless group meet on the visitor side...  I remember Whippersnapper, We Are Shiloh, Me, a couple Booneville posters and you at that game... I just missed you... I was getting more food when you swung by...

If your Saints can pull it off I hope we can meet this time.

beach bum

Got to give Heber and the 2-4A as a whole some credit tonight on two hard fought wins over the 1-4A tonight.... Why keep kicking to a kid who keeps running it back to the house? LOL

prHOG13

kick it out of bounds before you give a kid who's already taken two to the house a chance to touch the ball. Tough loss for the Lions, but a great season. Hats off to O'Brien on a heck of a career and an incredible season with 2k+ yards. Will keep my eye on him at the collegiate level

Wonderdog

This game was wild. Heber Springs was lucky to pull the win out. THREE kickoff return touchdowns for the panthers. The final return one Gravette player had a chance and missed the tackle. The second return the kid went untouched, and the first return Gravette players missed about 5 opportunities to make the tackle. The panthers also had a pick 6. Bottom line Heber Springs made plays when it counted and Gravette did not. It was impressive that Gravette even made it a three point game considering they gave up 21 points on special teams and another 7 on a pick six. I have to admit though I was pleased to see Heber get the win. It made for a fun game to watch considering I had no allegiances to either team.

Wonderdog

Another takeaway: Gravette was driving middle of the 4th and had a receiver wide open on a flag route. HS safety ran what seemed like 40 yards and dove on the Gravette sideline to deflect the pass. As an observer I didn't think he would make it in time. That brought up a 4th down and long for Gravette where they punted and this ultimately might have been the difference in the game. Aside from the three return touchdowns.

friscokid

I listened to the end of this game on the radio driving back from Atkins. That performance by Jacob Bremmon has got to match some kind of record.

So Heber gets to go from one corner of the state (Gravette) to the other corner (Gosnell). At least Joe T or Dardanelle isn't too bad a drive for Round 3 if they get there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas