• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rural Special Girls

Started by breezy b, November 08, 2017, 12:20:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

breezy b

Rural Special Girls best season in years? Share your thoughts please.

BannerMountainMan

Kocher is arguably the best guard in the conference

ballmember

Rural Special should contend with Concord for conference title if their defense continues to get better against equally matched opponents.   Concord has a very talented player, I think Davis is her name.   Don't know if gfws  can compete with concord throughout the year with Cornett coaching.   Nor with Rural Special if their defense improves.   just my opinion.   

breezy b

Quote from: ballmember on November 08, 2017, 01:30:02 pm
Rural Special should contend with Concord for conference title if their defense continues to get better against equally matched opponents.   Concord has a very talented player, I think Davis is her name.   Don't know if gfws  can compete with concord throughout the year with Cornett coaching.   Nor with Rural Special if their defense improves.   just my opinion.   
I agree with you 100%, yes kocher is possibly the best guard in the conference. Yes if they get their defense going and start connecting on all cylinders then i don't see why they couldn't win conference.

LaFlamaBlanca55

overrated , respect is earned not givin, they gotta sustain some success.

thebigman3

I think they're good. I do. But at the same time they haven't played any big names. like WV MVE or Norfork. Concord will be their biggest test coming up Friday, and if they win that game they step up in my ranks a little more.

BasketballNeverStops

I agree as well Davis and Kocher are the best two players in the league. Crazy that Kocher has one more year left.

Catfish

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on November 09, 2017, 06:20:24 pm
I agree as well Davis and Kocher are the best two players in the league. Crazy that Kocher has one more year left.

Agree with this 100%. Should be a good game tonight! Rural has them a dandy of a coach too. Just wait.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Catfish on November 10, 2017, 09:39:41 am
Agree with this 100%. Should be a good game tonight! Rural has them a dandy of a coach too. Just wait.
Berry is a great young man that won't leave after a year because he wants his hometown to succeed!

thebigman3

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on November 09, 2017, 06:20:24 pm
I'm assuming your talking about the point guard and number 30 that could hit threes? Because, yes, they are very good.

Catfish

Concord beat Rural about 20 last night. Most of the game it closer than that though. Rural will be fine come district.

teamworkwins

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 10, 2017, 10:11:42 am
I'm assuming your talking about the point guard and number 30 that could hit threes? Because, yes, they are very good.
Kocher is the point guard for Rural. Davis is #23 on Concord's team. Both are very talented athletes.

gamechanger11

Rural not nearly as good as last year at this point.

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 14, 2017, 09:20:44 pm
Agree 100%! that conference has two unique situations that are trending in opposite directions. Rural struggling in my opinion because of the coaching change. that youngster they had last year did a fine fine job with those ladies I thought.And I usually think right. Where did he end up again?Other side of that you have the Concord girls who have obviously benefitted greatly from the coaching change. Trending upwards! Corvette has them going in the right direction!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: SackAttack on November 14, 2017, 09:39:05 pm
Agree 100%! that conference has two unique situations that are trending in opposite directions. Rural struggling in my opinion because of the coaching change. that youngster they had last year did a fine fine job with those ladies I thought.And I usually think right. Where did he end up again?Other side of that you have the Concord girls who have obviously benefitted greatly from the coaching change. Trending upwards! Corvette has them going in the right direction!
Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 14, 2017, 09:20:44 pm
I usually back Sack 100percentifile but on this one I believe that Rural is doing very well with only 1 loss.  And that was Friday night I believe.  Which I could very well be wrongificated

BasketballNeverStops

He's at Greenbrier now.

teamworkwins

Serious lack of discipline on both Rural girls' teams. Seems that the girls basically do what they want, which is usually jack three's all night. Of course, the Sr Girls did lose their best inside player earlier in the year to injury...It will be interesting to see how she does once she gets back, and if they will feed her.  But no excuse for the Jr girls not to utilize their inside people more. Some games look more like a 3 point shooting contest than an actual ball game.  ::) Spinks definitely had them more disciplined. He knew who's hands the ball should be in, and he coached them accordingly.
Concord girls showing definite improvement in the Sophomores who just moved up. Very impressive, but after all, they are being coached by a legend. Very beneficial for them.

Backboard Shattered

What's the Jr Girls record?  Saw them once early and they looked pretty dadgum good

teamworkwins

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 15, 2017, 06:01:57 pm
What's the Jr Girls record?  Saw them once early and they looked pretty dadgum good
12-0
They will have a test Monday night when they play MVE. Younger Raby girl on that team is pretty tough.

SackAttack

Quote from: teamworkwins on November 16, 2017, 09:05:45 am
12-0
They will have a test Monday night when they play MVE. Younger Raby girl on that team is pretty tough.
12-0 already! When did yall staart playing? about August 20th. Dang. Intersquad games dont count!

teamworkwins

Quote from: SackAttack on November 16, 2017, 09:11:17 am
12-0 already! When did yall staart playing? about August 20th. Dang. Intersquad games dont count!
No intersquad games in that count. Their first game was October 17, like most everyone else.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Quote from: teamworkwins on November 16, 2017, 09:05:45 am
12-0

Wow, so they not playing much after Christmas or what? I believe the limit is 22 and Tourney isn't it?

SackAttack

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 16, 2017, 11:12:22 am
Wow, so they not playing much after Christmas or what? I believe the limit is 22 and Tourney isn't it?
So season started october15th and today is November 16th thats 4 weeks according to my metamethametrics and theyve played 12 games so 4 goes into 12 roughly 4.50 times or close to it so by Christmas they will have reached their max of 22 games and will have lots of time to practice before district tournament starts 2nd week of February. Okay 12-0 it is!

Mike Winchell

I'm pretty sure the junior girls won a tournament over at Concord a few weeks ago. That's already an improvement from last year.

teamworkwins

According to the schedule on the school website, doesn't look like they (Jr Girls) have many games scheduled after Christmas. In fact, things start really slowing down come Dec.

Midland.Mustang

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 08, 2017, 01:02:42 pm
Kocher is arguably the best guard in the conference
What about the Davis girl that plays for concord?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Midland.Mustang on November 16, 2017, 01:02:33 pm
What about the Davis girl that plays for concord?
I think I would give Davis the edge out of the two.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Heard a rumor that Rural Special junior girls won't get to play in district tournament since they have already played in 3 tournaments this year.

thebigman3

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on January 31, 2018, 10:31:02 am
Heard a rumor that Rural Special junior girls won't get to play in district tournament since they have already played in 3 tournaments this year.
I don't see how this could make any sense. Never heard of it before.

Catfish

Fake news. Not true.

teamworkwins

I hope this isn't true since West Side Jr teams have also played in 3 tournaments already this year:
Julian Martin
Quitman Jr Invitational
GFLC.
Won't be much of a tournament if both WS teams and both RS teams aren't in it...

thebigman3

Quote from: teamworkwins on February 01, 2018, 10:10:52 am
I hope this isn't true since West Side Jr teams have also played in 3 tournaments already this year:
Julian Martin
Quitman Jr Invitational
GFLC.
Won't be much of a tournament if both WS teams and both RS teams aren't in it...
RS junior boys any good? I don't think I have ever heard a word about them lol.

teamworkwins

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 01, 2018, 10:28:13 am
RS junior boys any good? I don't think I have ever heard a word about them lol.
No, there's a reason you haven't heard anything about them.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Must have a surfterfield on there

thebigman3

Quote from: teamworkwins on February 01, 2018, 11:10:40 am
No, there's a reason you haven't heard anything about them.
Oh okay, well he said BOTH RS teams and I didn't ever remember junior boys being any good.

elgaeyddad

Said it many times before. But keep the surfterfield off and they are much improoved

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas