• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia vs. Helena-West Helena.

Started by Nacho, November 06, 2017, 03:09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

Just seen AAA released statement that this game will not be played. Prayers for the Helena kids/sad for those seniors. Hope everyone gets well soon.

RoadWarrior

The safety of the kids is what really matters. Who knows what injuries sustained in the accident that hadn't manifested itself yet....and then trying to play a high collision game on top of that 24hrs later? I hate it for the seniors but I think that the best decision was made.

prHOG13

Quote from: RoadWarrior on November 11, 2017, 11:33:30 am
The safety of the kids is what really matters. Who knows what injuries sustained in the accident that hadn't manifested itself yet....and then trying to play a high collision game on top of that 24hrs later? I hate it for the seniors but I think that the best decision was made.
Saw that 15 players were injured, but none seriously and all have been released from the hospital. Hate that these kids had their season end this way without getting the chance to compete in the playoffs.

hogfan10

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 11, 2017, 10:54:49 am
It seems like a lot of things you don't understand like more important issues than playing a game.

Like what, by all reports I've seen there were NO serious injuries.
It's a high school game in Arkansas, no logistics issues like hotels etc.
You just load up on the yellow bus and play with what you have. Happy everyone was ok, sad that the kids from HWH will miss a chance to participate in the playoffs.

AirWarren

prHOG13

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 11, 2017, 12:19:16 pm
Like what, by all reports I've seen there were NO serious injuries.
It's a high school game in Arkansas, no logistics issues like hotels etc.
You just load up on the yellow bus and play with what you have. Happy everyone was ok, sad that the kids from HWH will miss a chance to participate in the playoffs.
15 kids were hospitalized. Just because there weren't broken bones or other serious injuries doesn't mean they don't exist. You play it safe when it comes to MVA's and don't risk further injury by putting them out on the football field the next day.

Good lord some of you are pathetic

hogfan10

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 11, 2017, 11:39:51 am
Saw that 15 players were injured, but none seriously and all have been released from the hospital. Hate that these kids had their season end this way without getting the chance to compete in the playoffs.

Thanks, makes more sense now.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on November 11, 2017, 12:24:19 pm
Stay classy arkadelphia.

You're probably the last person on this board that should speak on class.

Jsmith48

Stay classy arkadelphia.
Please don't generalize all arkadelphia fans like this because of a few.

Nacho

Stay classy arkadelphia.

I guess i missed the comment that would make you say this?

tmycjy

Quote from: B.G. on November 11, 2017, 10:32:05 am
HWH has forfeited.

would like to know who how this came about did AAA deside they would forfeited and if did explain why if Helena deside to forfeited explain why

OLDSCHOOL82

More than likely the liability of injuries after an auto accident that hammer you the day after and two days after.  Hate it for the boys involved but it was basically the only decision.

mharris31696

Quote from: tmycjy on November 12, 2017, 06:56:59 pm
would like to know who how this came about did AAA deside they would forfeited and if did explain why if Helena deside to forfeited explain why

Andrew Bagley, who is the school board President for HWH made a statement on Facebook. You can search his name and go to his page and read it. I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't let me. Hope it's what your looking for.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mharris31696 on November 12, 2017, 08:13:28 pm
Andrew Bagley, who is the school board President for HWH made a statement on Facebook. You can search his name and go to his page and read it. I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't let me. Hope it's what your looking for.

Here's his statement:

"After assessing the situation this morning, the decision has been made to withdraw from the playoffs. We are fortunate no one was seriously hurt, but Mr. Hoy, after consultation with our coaches and administrators, felt this was the best decision. We regret that we were not able to work out a different solution and we thank Arkadelphia for their patience as we worked through these issues this morning and we thank the Benton School District again for assisting our district with making sure our students and staff got home safely."

arklasports57

I cannot imagine anyone would put these boys at risk. I mean you're involved in a collision and most likely were told at the least to observe for 24 to 48 hours.  No way would I have considered putting them on a field with further impact. Right decision. Hope all are healed and thankful it was not worse.  I would have had to be the mean parent if the decision was to play Saturday. Not enough time.

RZback

Does anyone know exactly what happened and the extent of injury and damage to the vehicles involved.  I had heard the trip to the emergency room was more precautionary than anything.  Hate to end a season on something like this.  If I were a player I'd be very disappointed.

mharris31696

Check the news stations Facebook pages. Channel 4, 7, 11,and 16 all had pics. Also FYI Arkansas Facebook page. They shared pics too.

GettingStarted

RyanLR

Kudos to the Benton School District for helping get these players home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas