• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside vs Gentry 4A State Playoffs Round 1

Started by SouthernerPride, November 04, 2017, 02:27:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernerPride

Southside caps off their season with their first ever conference championship and a school record NINE wins!

No doubt Coach Kenny Simpson should be up for coach of the year in 4A for his build of Southsides football program.

Does anyone know anything about the visiting team from Gentry? I have not recognized if they have any posters on this board or not. Best of luck to all 4A-2 teams and safe travels to all!

The_Pioneer

Good news!  You get the chance to play the Pioneers!

beach bum

Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 04, 2017, 02:27:32 pm
Southside caps off their season with their first ever conference championship and a school record NINE wins!

No doubt Coach Kenny Simpson should be up for coach of the year in 4A for his build of Southsides football program.

Does anyone know anything about the visiting team from Gentry? I have not recognized if they have any posters on this board or not. Best of luck to all 4A-2 teams and safe travels to all!

They literally are a one man show.... They have a kid with the name Faulkenberry that does everything for them. He is a stud surrounded by very little around him. They'll show flashes on offense but wow is their defense bad.

cuckoobird

SouthernerPride

Highschool fan

I've watched this Gentry team and they have more talent than just that one young man.  I believe their coaches fail to utilize the talents available to them.  Runningbacks rarely run the ball and Quarterback is taught run 1st pass 2nd.  Very one dimensional to say the least, playbook is very poor.  Defense I wouldn't say good but I wouldn't say bad either.  Maybe average is about what I would say.

The_tyler_cody

BigLion10

SUGARTOWN

Little Bear

Batesville SS is pretty solid.   They finally have some depth and they have enough good football players to compete with the upper teams in 4A     They will beat Gentry unless they turn the ball over alot.   SS Batesville pulls away and wins 44-21

youhavenoidea

SouthernerPride

Quote from: youhavenoidea on November 07, 2017, 10:17:09 am
I thought Batesville Southside was the #1 seed?
we are. We own head to head over Stuttgart. Let them get their co-share, poor birdies

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: youhavenoidea on November 07, 2017, 10:17:09 am
I thought Batesville Southside was the #1 seed?

They are, but they tied with Stuttgart and Heber for the conference title. All 3 teams had a 6-1 conference record. It's actually a tri-championship for all 3 teams.

beach bum

November 07, 2017, 10:31:00 am #13 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:33:57 am by beach bum
Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 07, 2017, 10:24:16 am
we are. We own head to head over Stuttgart. Let them get their co-share, poor birdies

And Heber owns head to head over you.... Are you just ignoring that fact that you share it with them too? SS Batesville is not a better team than Stuttgart right now. You are aware it was a 3 way tie right? Shiloh would beat SS Batesville by 3 or 4 touchdowns. Stuttgart vs Shiloh is actually going to be a great game.

SouthernerPride

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas