• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores week 10/30

Started by HorseFeathers, October 30, 2017, 04:56:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballislife42

Quote from: riccoar on November 07, 2017, 08:37:22 am
Was expecting to see Quitman in a route.  Quitman definitely does not have the horses that won State last year.  This was a good game and WS lead for most of it.  Their center got into foul trouble but was unstoppable when in the game.  WS simply didn't, or didn't know how, to handle the press which allowed Quitman some easy quick points.

Also Quitman having 19 fouls in the first half, allowing GFWS to have 25 points from just free throws hurt them a lot. Had a lot of easy buckets at end of game that they missed

Majorpain

November 07, 2017, 07:59:59 pm #51 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:42:25 pm by Majorpain
Norfork girls 63 Valley 50 final

Bomberman

BannerMountainMan

Girls: Rural Special 64 Shirley 30
Boys: Rural Special 36 Shirley 69

BasketballNeverStops

Girls: Concord-47 SSBB-38
Boys: Concord-66 SSBB-29

thebigman3

Maulmelle Charter-62
Guy Perkins- 75

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls by 30+ over Bradley. I believe it was 66-35

Kirby Boys 80
Bradley 39

riccoar

Quote from: ballislife42 on November 07, 2017, 01:33:47 pm
Also Quitman having 19 fouls in the first half, allowing GFWS to have 25 points from just free throws hurt them a lot. Had a lot of easy buckets at end of game that they missed
That's because their defensive style.  They were hacking a lot.  GFWS is very limited in numbers and simply can't afford to play defense like that.  They have 7 players.  Free throws becoming an advantage only happens during the bonus and double bonus.  Until that, only shooting fouls get FT's.  If you notice the 2nd half flipped with calls.  Quitman played the same style and in the 4th stepped up their pressure even more, but the whistle was a lot quieter. 

I'm new to lower classification basketball, but one thing I've noticed the refs do is try and pay attention to the foul counts.  Meaning they try and balance it out.  There were a lot of collision contact fouls that could have gotten called during those presses that simply got let go in the 2nd half.  But that is one thing GFWS has to work on is working the ball up the floor on a full court press.

BannerChaser95

November 09, 2017, 07:42:09 pm #58 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:21:22 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby girls 27
Caddo Hills 24
HALF

Kirby 53
Caddo Hills 38
FINAL

NWA Hawg

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on November 10, 2017, 06:41:54 am
Boys?
Sorry about that,
Kirby69
Caddo Hills 37

Both teams down one starter for the time being. Was a 27 point game at half.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 10, 2017, 09:19:09 am
Sorry about that,
Kirby69
Caddo Hills 37

Both teams down one starter for the time being. Was a 27 point game at half.

Whose out?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on November 10, 2017, 10:44:15 am
Whose out?
the red head from caddo, and the point guard Bates for Kirby

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 10, 2017, 10:53:16 am
the red head from caddo, and the point guard Bates for Kirby

What's the deal? The red head from caddo is not even on their roster. Is he not playing at all this year?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on November 10, 2017, 11:58:27 am
What's the deal? The red head from caddo is not even on their roster. Is he not playing at all this year?
He has a leg brace on. Broken leg was the rumor but I don't look to much into it. He's not played yet this year.

Bomberman

Norfork girls up 56-25 at the half over Hillcrest

Bomberman

85-41 . Final.  Norfork girls over Hillcrest

Bomberman

Norfork boys and Hillcrest tied at the half. 34-34

Ramrod

November 10, 2017, 08:22:43 pm #68 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:13:12 pm by Ramrod
Guy-32
Bay-36

HALF

Guy -72
Bay-76

Final

Bomberman

Norfork boys defeat Hillcrest 68-55

begpmat

Omaha boys 80 Western Grove 46

SackAttack

BannerMountainMan

Shirley boys lost to Timbo I heard by 4

Moonshiner

Neabball

Ramrod

Backboard Shattered

Is Bay still 1A?  Because I heard no one had a chance against those all stars from Guy

Backboard Shattered

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 11, 2017, 08:45:18 am
Is Bay still 1A?  Because I heard no one had a chance against those all stars from Guy
They sure won't after Thanksgiving!! Big news coming and I got it from a very very reliable old school Guy Perkins source! More cousins coming from out of state! Immediate eligibility!

Hero of Twin Groves

Was at the game. Bay sucks. Officials cheated us bad! I heard they came from NEA. Coincidence?

Neabball

November 11, 2017, 10:27:48 am #80 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:31:19 am by Neabball
Really.   Bay got up by 11 and 2 starters both got 3rd and 4th fouls. Just happened to be same ones that knocked down couple threes in qt.   Foul count was 9-1 against bay after 3rd qt.   Guy didn't get 6th foul called against them until they started fouling at end of game while bay had at least 13 at that point.   Big boy from guy shoved kid into chars with both going after ball and no call.    Guy is good team and will go far in state.   Bay just out played them last night. 
Been to a lot of games in NEA and never seen any of refs from last night.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on November 11, 2017, 10:12:53 am
Was at the game. Bay sucks. Officials cheated us bad! I heard they came from NEA. Coincidence?
Ill tell you a coincidence is that Bigman lover of breakfast hasn't been on here.  You wonder why no one likes Guy it's because of fans like this that never say good game!  Bay and Guy are very similar.  Talk a lot and when they lose make excuses and blame something like this you should be ashamed of yourself Hero go get some more kids to move in

Hero of Twin Groves

Well we always do a great job of playing with quick hands and getting our hands on the ball without fouling. Even if we foul early we make great adjustments in the second half and our key players rarely foul out. I think we need to get a kid or two eligible at Christmas to solidify this team. We still better than Wsgf and that loser you call the boss.

Hero of Twin Groves

Not to mention I heard the official say it was going to be a long trip for them back to Jonesboro..

Ramrod

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 11, 2017, 10:37:10 am
Ill tell you a coincidence is that Bigman lover of breakfast hasn't been on here.  You wonder why no one likes Guy it's because of fans like this that never say good game!  Bay and Guy are very similar.  Talk a lot and when they lose make excuses and blame something like this you should be ashamed of yourself Hero go get some more kids to move in

It definitly doesnt even matter im not even for guy and can tell that the refs cheated them. One player on bay was walking around holding the ball and never got called on him. I mean honestly they called aweful things for both teams.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on November 11, 2017, 10:47:54 am
Not to mention I heard the official say it was going to be a long trip for them back to Jonesboro..

Sounds like guy did a terrible job of picking their refs then?

thebigman3

Quote from: Neabball on November 11, 2017, 10:27:48 am
Really.   Bay got up by 11 and 2 starters both got 3rd and 4th fouls. Just happened to be same ones that knocked down couple threes in qt.   Foul count was 9-1 against bay after 3rd qt.   Guy didn't get 6th foul called against them until they started fouling at end of game while bay had at least 13 at that point.   Big boy from guy shoved kid into chars with both going after ball and no call.    Guy is good team and will go far in state.   Bay just out played them last night. 
Been to a lot of games in NEA and never seen any of refs from last night.
Couldn't agree more. Hats off to Bay last night. They executed well. Played well. Guy just hasn't found that click yet on the team. the chemistry isn't all the way there yet. I'd rather them lose this game early in the year rather than deep into the State Tourney. 

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on November 11, 2017, 10:37:10 am
Good to know you miss me! Gosh. it's the first day of deer season and the Hogs play LSU. I'm a busy man can't stay on here 24/7!

DoubleT

thebigman3

Quote from: DoubleT on November 11, 2017, 01:43:18 pm
Yes, both teams beat Shirley.
Shirley also just got beat by Quitman 65-35.

SackAttack

Dang what is happening at Shirley! Thought they were a top 6-7 team

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 11, 2017, 04:11:33 pm
Dang what is happening at Shirley! Thought they were a top 6-7 team
havent been to the last two games but heard it's been lack of everything 😂

riccoar

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2017, 01:24:42 pm
Quitman and Bay are 2A
You sure? I know Quitman is 2a, but I thought Bay was going 2a next year..

HorseFeathers

BasketballNeverStops

Half
Girls
West Side-33
Pangburn-30

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas