• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at PA

Started by PA Dad, October 20, 2017, 11:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

PA squeaked out a win over Parkview.  McClellan lost a close game to LRCA.

McClellan is a hard nosed power team.  They play great defense.  A win by McClellan would result in a three way tie for first in Central.

I suspect that PA will be up for this game.  But if PA plays like they did tonight, McClellan can beat PA.

I think this will be a heck of a good game.  I think PA will win, but I don't think it will be easy.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on October 20, 2017, 11:18:08 pm
PA squeaked out a win over Parkview.  McClellan lost a close game to LRCA.

McClellan is a hard nosed power team.  They play great defense.  A win by McClellan would result in a three way tie for first in Central.

I suspect that PA will be up for this game.  But if PA plays like they did tonight, McClellan can beat PA.

I think this will be a heck of a good game.  I think PA will win, but I don't think it will be easy.

Will have to play better in all aspects to win this one. It will be like a playoff game

MDXPHD

Did this thread get lost or something?

I mean, Vilonia vs Clarksville has more interest it seems.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 25, 2017, 11:44:45 am
Did this thread get lost or something?

I mean, Vilonia vs Clarksville has more interest it seems.

I was wondering the same thing. I would have thought this would be the biggest game in the 5A as far as interest goes.

urban legend2

If McClellan can implement the same defensive scheme that Parkview used last Friday, it'll be interesting. Parkview had the athletes to do it so we'll see. PA will score points, but limiting their possessions, getting pressure on Hatcher with your defensive line and recovering the onsides kicks will be the key.

Maynard G Krebs

Game of the week.  Possible distractions with homecoming festivities.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2017, 12:05:04 pm
I was wondering the same thing. I would have thought this would be the biggest game in the 5A as far as interest goes.
No one on FF likes to talk about PA. So they fly under the radar.

JessieP

October 25, 2017, 02:04:47 pm #7 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:59:15 pm by JessieP
Quote from: urban legend2 on October 25, 2017, 12:09:50 pm
If McClellan can implement the same defensive scheme that Parkview used last Friday, it'll be interesting. Parkview had the athletes to do it so we'll see. PA will score points, but limiting their possessions, getting pressure on Hatcher with your defensive line and recovering the onsides kicks will be the key.

With Hatcher, getting pressure on him is not enough. Last year in the Semi's Batesville chased him all night. Very rarely did he set his feet and throw, he was under constant pressure. A lot of good it did. Not only was it just pressure, they had him about 6 times and he wiggled out of it. PA Dad this year has commented about PA's O-line being iffy, I never said this before for fear of the "we beat your butt" retort, but I was not at all impressed with last year's O-line. They have a OT that's the real deal but the rest are far from physical. PA sets up and runs precise fast plays. They are an exceptional team that wins and wins and wins and they never overpower or out hit their opponents. I've seen so many people post how they can't run between the tackles, so what. They don't need to, the Patriots can't use Tom Brady as a fullback either, they don't need to. So getting pressure on Hatcher is a very small part of the equation, you must sack him before he gets the pass off. 

Overdahill

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 25, 2017, 01:45:58 pm
No one on FF likes to talk about PA. So they fly under the radar.

Good point Red Devil; flying stealthy, I like it

theoutsiders

The reason McClellan will have a shot is because they are going to do what they do week in and week out. A lot of teams try to play "with" PA and do things out of their norm, and usually ends up beating themselves imo. Watching teams go from a 4 front to a 3, or a 3 front to a 2 down lineman one "roaming guy" for one week. They try to beat PA with something they work on for realistically 4 days at best. PA is a great team, and I think someone could beat them, but they need to go in and play their game not PAs if you play PAs game they win 95% of the time.

Also their OLine is very good again IMO.

The_Pioneer

McClellan has 2 fans, so very little interest.

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 25, 2017, 02:51:58 pm
McClellan has 2 fans, so very little interest.

It's a shame because they are a very good team. I've seen video's of their home games, not a ton of support. That is sad.

PA Bruin Fan

After the way PA played against a very good PV team last week I think a lot of fans are on edge looking forward at LRMC.  Overall, I think the o-line is very skilled, but they have played poorly the last two weeks at times.  They do get a few holding calls and the QB takes some sacks, but a lot of the time the o-line is asked to Block for an incredible 4-6 seconds.  If the QB can successfully hit quick slants, the o line looks good.  If they spend half the game blocking for the QB, then not so much. 

Bad weather my come into play Friday as well. 

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 25, 2017, 03:04:43 pm
After the way PA played against a very good PV team last week I think a lot of fans are on edge looking forward at LRMC.  Overall, I think the o-line is very skilled, but they have played poorly the last two weeks at times.  They do get a few holding calls and the QB takes some sacks, but a lot of the time the o-line is asked to Block for an incredible 4-6 seconds.  If the QB can successfully hit quick slants, the o line looks good.  If they spend half the game blocking for the QB, then not so much. 

Bad weather my come into play Friday as well.

I am going to make an outrageous statement, one that I will own. If we ever meet this year and PA runs a passing play where the QB takes over 4 seconds to get rid of the ball, we will beat them. We will beat them bad. In passing 6 seconds is an eternity, almost unheard of. There are maybe 10 O-lines in the Country and can keep the QB in the pocket for 6 seconds. Last year Batesville was within 2 feet of him after 3 seconds all night and didn't record a sack. If he is sitting back there for 4, 5 and 6 seconds not only do they lose this year he doesn't finish the game. I'd bet Hatcher has the ball out of his hands before you hit 4 90% of the time.

urban legend2

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2017, 03:22:28 pm
I am going to make an outrageous statement, one that I will own. If we ever meet this year and PA runs a passing play where the QB takes over 4 seconds to get rid of the ball, we will beat them. We will beat them bad. In passing 6 seconds is an eternity, almost unheard of. There are maybe 10 O-lines in the Country and can keep the QB in the pocket for 6 seconds. Last year Batesville was within 2 feet of him after 3 seconds all night and didn't record a sack. If he is sitting back there for 4, 5 and 6 seconds not only do they lose this year he doesn't finish the game. I'd bet Hatcher has the ball out of his hands before you hit 4 90% of the time.
Was at the PA-PV game last week and I bet there were at least 8-9 plays where Hatcher had at least 6 seconds or more to find targets. PV got to him several times in less than that, but the thing that I noticed was that the WRs rarely stopped moving. There were a few times where they would just sit down in an open area, but for the most part, they continued to move. At that point, Hatcher was bound to find an opening downfield. PV, though, did a great job of making them earn it.

Bruin Backer

How much time Hatcher has to pass varies. If the defense is only rushing three lineman, the five OL can, and often do, give him way more than three or four seconds. If four men rush and/or there is a blitz, he usually has less time. No surprise there. When he rolls out, he often picks up a few extra seconds. The "extra" time Hatcher gets can come at a cost. Holding a block for more than three or four seconds, especially against a fast defensive lineman or LB, often results in holding penalties. Again, so surprise there. Running shorter pass patterns, draws and screens are other ways PA, and most other passing teams, try to slow down the pass rushers. When such plays are working, it can add another second to the pass protection.

PA Dad

Quote from: urban legend2 on October 25, 2017, 03:37:45 pm
Was at the PA-PV game last week and I bet there were at least 8-9 plays where Hatcher had at least 6 seconds or more to find targets. PV got to him several times in less than that, but the thing that I noticed was that the WRs rarely stopped moving. There were a few times where they would just sit down in an open area, but for the most part, they continued to move. At that point, Hatcher was bound to find an opening downfield. PV, though, did a great job of making them earn it.

I agree that there were several plays where Hatcher had 5-6 seconds.  But, Parkview played great coverage (for the most part) and Hatcher had trouble finding open receivers .  He also was confused by the coverage and threw 2-3 interceptions.

PA has to play better this week or it will be a long night.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 25, 2017, 03:54:35 pm
I agree that there were several plays where Hatcher had 5-6 seconds.  But, Parkview played great coverage (for the most part) and Hatcher had trouble finding open receivers .  He also was confused by the coverage and threw 2-3 interceptions.

PA has to play better this week or it will be a long night.

Were those scrambling plays? or plays where he hopped around in the pocket for 5-6 seconds? if it was a straight drop back where he was able to stand between the tackles for 6 seconds then there are 2 irrefutable truths, PA has the greatest O-Line in the history of high school football or LRP has the worst D-Line ever. If he was scrambling then the line has long since lost their blocks. The only reason I ask is if Hatcher sets up between the tackles for 5-6 seconds we'll get to him 100% of the time. That's not PA's forte, they hit quick routes with misdirection, it's not a pro-set.

Maynard G Krebs

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2017, 06:11:24 pm
Were those scrambling plays? or plays where he hopped around in the pocket for 5-6 seconds? if it was a straight drop back where he was able to stand between the tackles for 6 seconds then there are 2 irrefutable truths, PA has the greatest O-Line in the history of high school football or LRP has the worst D-Line ever. If he was scrambling then the line has long since lost their blocks. The only reason I ask is if Hatcher sets up between the tackles for 5-6 seconds we'll get to him 100% of the time. That's not PA's forte, they hit quick routes with misdirection, it's not a pro-set.

Most of PA's plays, I believe, are designed to go off quickly.  However, when Hatcher is off his game or coverage is solid, he tends to hold it too long, scramble out of the pocket, and occasionally throw interceptions.  When I say the o line blocked for 5-6 seconds, it was certainly not by design. 

Separately from that, I do believe PA has a very good o line as a result of good size (some are huge) and solid blocking technique.  As I alluded to on this thread already, at times in the last two games that weren't so hot, but overall this year they have been very good. 

Lumberjackfan1978

I think PA will be fine this week, should be a good game though.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2017, 06:11:24 pm

It was both. At times, LRCA rushed only three and Hatcher had forever.  At other times., LRCA blitzed and Hatcher scrambled.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2017, 03:22:28 pm

Oh man, I hope we play this year.
Under no scenario that doesn't involve a team of Bruins stricken with the swine flu does Batesville beat PA, much less beat them bad.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 25, 2017, 11:12:49 pm
Oh man, I hope we play this year.
Under no scenario that doesn't involve a team of Bruins stricken with the swine flu does Batesville beat PA, much less beat them bad.

Hey mouth of the South. We've spanked the trust fund nannies before, we'll spank them again. The only concern is how many Pioneers will get sued for hard hits? If a Bruin gets called for holding will Gramps run down on the field with a TRO?

MrShakezzzz2014

Quote from: JessieP on October 25, 2017, 12:05:04 pm

Nettleton & Valley View?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 12:53:44 am
Hey mouth of the South. We've spanked the trust fund nannies before, we'll spank them again. The only concern is how many Pioneers will get sued for hard hits? If a Bruin gets called for holding will Gramps run down on the field with a TRO?
Do you have two people posting under your account name? Some are so well reasoned and thoughtful, and some are like this one.

Overdahill

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 26, 2017, 07:31:30 am
Do you have two people posting under your account name? Some are so well reasoned and thoughtful, and some are like this one.?

Choice of beverage? sleep deprivation? Anger management issues? Guardian of the 5A Galaxy? Dr Jekyll, meet Mr Hyde?  ???

RamFan06

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on October 26, 2017, 07:50:51 am
Choice of beverage? sleep deprivation? Anger management issues? Guardian of the 5A Galaxy? Dr Jekyll, meet Mr Hyde?  ???
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 26, 2017, 07:31:30 am
Do you have two people posting under your account name? Some are so well reasoned and thoughtful, and some are like this one.

I was simply trying to make the point that no offensive line is expected to hold a block for 6 seconds. I used the superlative that if PA played Batesville and that was their offensive scheme we would be able to overcome that. The 5A bulldogger (yellowcake) not only claimed it was physically impossible for Batesville to beat PA, they would need mass illness to even attempt it. A sophomoric moronic response. Sorry guys, but to steal from the Poet Laureate Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, "he may not have expected the response he got, but he had to expect a response". And not to throw out those pesky little FACTS, but PA did use a pro bono lawyer to get around a law that every other team in Arkansas must follow. That is not an over the top insult, it's a cold hard fact, it happened. I think I read something once about glass houses and throwing stones? 

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 11:02:48 am
I was simply trying to make the point that no offensive line is expected to hold a block for 6 seconds. I used the superlative that if PA played Batesville and that was their offensive scheme we would be able to overcome that. The 5A bulldogger (yellowcake) not only claimed it was physically impossible for Batesville to beat PA, they would need mass illness to even attempt it. A sophomoric moronic response. Sorry guys, but to steal from the Poet Laureate Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, "he may not have expected the response he got, but he had to expect a response". And not to throw out those pesky little FACTS, but PA did use a pro bono lawyer to get around a law that every other team in Arkansas must follow. That is not an over the top insult, it's a cold hard fact, it happened. I think I read something once about glass houses and throwing stones?

Jess, I took Yellowcake's comments as simply jest.  I don't think he was attempting to insult batesville, maybe just get you worked up.  Seems like it worked.  You sure are quick to insult people when they say anything negative about batesville.  Chill out!

And the pro bono work you are referring two from...last year...PA or the players parents didn't "get around"any law.  They simply asked AAA to review the call.  The mistake AAA made was saying they wouldn't review, which is actually against the rules.  They have a responsibility to review any challenge, it's not their choice.  A lawyer pointed that fact out, and got the suspension postponed a week so the kid could play in salt lake.  AAA reviewed, like they should have to begin with, and upheld the suspension.  The player served by sitting out the following game.  Next year he will be playing for the Air Force Academy. 

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 26, 2017, 11:44:16 am
Jess, I took Yellowcake's comments as simply jest.  I don't think he was attempting to insult batesville, maybe just get you worked up.  Seems like it worked.  You sure are quick to insult people when they say anything negative about batesville.  Chill out!

And the pro bono work you are referring two from...last year...PA or the players parents didn't "get around"any law.  They simply asked AAA to review the call.  The mistake AAA made was saying they wouldn't review, which is actually against the rules.  They have a responsibility to review any challenge, it's not their choice.  A lawyer pointed that fact out, and got the suspension postponed a week so the kid could play in salt lake.  AAA reviewed, like they should have to begin with, and upheld the suspension.  The player served by sitting out the following game.  Next year he will be playing for the Air Force Academy.

Any other PA poster, yes. They are taunting in jest or trying for a reaction. Yellowcake can be as nasty as anyone, myself included, he has taken some shots at numerous people. Make no mistake, the swine flu comment was a knock on the Batesville kids, not the school or posters.

I saw a 20 minute video just yesterday on IMG Academy. I was heartened to find out that the State of Florida does not allow them to compete for State titles. They play but not in the State playoffs. The reason given? they are not like the other schools. They have the top facilities, the top coaches, a financial advantage and they recruit players that do not live in a defined district. Do you think Florida would exclude them because they worked harder? no no no, Florida realizes it's not a level playing field. What does that have to do with anything? the Lawyer point. Was it illegal? nope. Was it wrong? nope. What irks people is that neither Kelley or PA stepped in and said "you shouldn't have done that Son, sit down". He started it is never an acceptable defense. What premium does PA put on Football? These are kids, where was anyone that said "what you did was wrong, you broke a rule, your going to take a game and think about it". Two years ago a Batesville player, a starter, got into a dead ball jawing/shoving tussle with a Blytheville player. Dead ball offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties were called both way's. It was in the middle of the 2nd quarter, neither player was ejected. King yanked the kid, gave him an earfull and sat him down. He pouted on the bench the rest of the game. He didn't need the refs, AAA or a judge to tell him there are things a coach should not allow on his team. That's a coach.

PA Bruin Fan

Jess, help me on the reference to IMG here, it seems like you changed topics mid-discussion and lost me.  Sorry, my kids go to PA, I didn't receive that quality education.

Second, I understand, and agree with the idea of, "you know the rules, so take the punishment".  The fact it, the PA player in the heat of the moment took a swipe at the opposing player...and the rules manadate an automatic one game suspension.  However, if you watched the game up until that point it was 100% clear that the refs weren't doing their job to maintain order on the field.  That swipe came from a kid that kept his cool after a lot of cheap shots that were never answered for.  Still, punishment is punishment.  CKK didn't call for the review and parent did.  Should CKK step in and say back off.  Not with my kid sir, that's one of his biz. 

I don't know your history with yellow, so, my bad there.  I know him personally and he is a great guy, father, and PA fan.

RazorDad

To compare PA, LRCA, or any other private school in AR to IMG is laughable.

All the private schools in AR are traditional schools that have extracurricular sports teams.

IMG is a sports developmental academy (DA) that has 4 hours of "tailored" academics a day and 6 hours of sports a day. The nearest DA to AR is the FC Dallas soccer DA that uses the same sports/academic mix as IMG, and is modeled after the professional soccer DA's in Europe.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 26, 2017, 02:10:41 pm
Jess, help me on the reference to IMG here, it seems like you changed topics mid-discussion and lost me.  Sorry, my kids go to PA, I didn't receive that quality education.

Second, I understand, and agree with the idea of, "you know the rules, so take the punishment".  The fact it, the PA player in the heat of the moment took a swipe at the opposing player...and the rules manadate an automatic one game suspension.  However, if you watched the game up until that point it was 100% clear that the refs weren't doing their job to maintain order on the field.  That swipe came from a kid that kept his cool after a lot of cheap shots that were never answered for.  Still, punishment is punishment.  CKK didn't call for the review and parent did.  Should CKK step in and say back off.  Not with my kid sir, that's one of his biz. 

I don't know your history with yellow, so, my bad there.  I know him personally and he is a great guy, father, and PA fan.

I realize the IMG reference was confusing, it was a ham fisted attempt to illustrate how some states realize a tilted field needs to be rectified, Arkansas isn't one of them. The whole lawyer fiasco just plays into that perception. It was confusing and my train of thought got away from me.

As far as the suspension goes, remember the video only shows part of the picture. It's an awful thin pancake that doesn't have two sides. I promise you, he wasn't being picked on. Every team, yes including Batesville, have kids that are notorious trash talkers. It's a small world, info is shared. Let me be very careful, I already got one warning so I'm going to tip toe on the egg shells, if it were a Blytheville player I'd use his name and number and no one would say boo, so let's say knowing all teams have a mouthy player or two, it almost always works out that when serious penalties are dolled out the notorious players are the ones involved. Follow me? Neither player was innocent, the refs got the right two.

Overdahill

Quote from: RazorDad on October 26, 2017, 02:25:48 pm
To compare PA, LRCA, or any other private school in AR to IMG is laughable.

All the private schools in AR are traditional schools that have extracurricular sports teams.

IMG is a sports developmental academy (DA) that has 4 hours of "tailored" academics a day and 6 hours of sports a day. The nearest DA to AR is the FC Dallas soccer DA that uses the same sports/academic mix as IMG, and is modeled after the professional soccer DA's in Europe.

Thank you; we are closer to Baptist Prep and CAC on the scale of things than to IMG

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 26, 2017, 02:38:16 pm #35 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:40:33 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Well if the refs were doing a horrible job, and this kid was taking cheap shots all game without retaliating.........seems like he was well within his rights to take a swipe at a player.   ::)

JessieP

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 02:38:16 pm
Well if the refs were doing a horrible job, and this kid was taking cheap shots all game without retaliating.........seems like he was well within his rights to take a swipe at a player.   ::)

I would agree except, if you talk to the fans of the other player/team they would say "Our kid was taking cheap shots all game, the refs were for PA, finally our kid had enough". See my point? zero tolerance policy, we don't care who started it. Both sides are 100% convinced the other side started it.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 02:48:26 pm
I would agree except, if you talk to the fans of the other player/team they would say "Our kid was taking cheap shots all game, the refs were for PA, finally our kid had enough". See my point? zero tolerance policy, we don't care who started it. Both sides are 100% convinced the other side started it.

Russellville's boys were mouthing to Greenwoods defense all night.........then John Womack had enough and..........well..............you've all seen the video and heard all the scuttlebutt..............

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 02:27:48 pm
I realize the IMG reference was confusing, it was a ham fisted attempt to illustrate how some states realize a tilted field needs to be rectified, Arkansas isn't one of them. The whole lawyer fiasco just plays into that perception. It was confusing and my train of thought got away from me.

As far as the suspension goes, remember the video only shows part of the picture. It's an awful thin pancake that doesn't have two sides. I promise you, he wasn't being picked on. Every team, yes including Batesville, have kids that are notorious trash talkers. It's a small world, info is shared. Let me be very careful, I already got one warning so I'm going to tip toe on the egg shells, if it were a Blytheville player I'd use his name and number and no one would say boo, so let's say knowing all teams have a mouthy player or two, it almost always works out that when serious penalties are dolled out the notorious players are the ones involved. Follow me? Neither player was innocent, the refs got the right two.

Friend, I'm not sure what "video" you were watching but I was at the game on the second row and Allen was taking cheap shots nearly every play.  That kid didn't stand a chance of getting past his blocks so cheap shots was all he had.  I clearly remember one play where Allen had to take his helmet off because it was turned 180 degrees on his head.  You can only stand so much of that and he finally snapped.  Punishment is punishment, and the parent made the decision to challenge.  Right or wrong, they got the penalty pushed back a game and the kid got to play a top 20team on the road, likely in front of scouts.  That may have helped his scholarship chances, not sure.  I think lot of parents would do the same.  In any case, that was last year and I'm not sure why we are talking about it. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 26, 2017, 03:00:28 pm
Friend, I'm not sure what "video" you were watching but I was at the game on the second row and Allen was taking cheap shots nearly every play.  That kid didn't stand a chance of getting past his blocks so cheap shots was all he had.  I clearly remember one play where Allen had to take his helmet off because it was turned 180 degrees on his head.  You can only stand so much of that and he finally snapped.  Punishment is punishment, and the parent made the decision to challenge.  Right or wrong, they got the penalty pushed back a game and the kid got to play a top 20team on the road, likely in front of scouts.  That may have helped his scholarship chances, not sure.  I think lot of parents would do the same.  In any case, that was last year and I'm not sure why we are talking about it. 

So you're saying that the parent went over Kelley's head and made this decision?

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 03:02:57 pm
So you're saying that the parent went over Kelley's head and made this decision?

What do you mean, "go over CKK head".  It's a parent, don't have to ask permission to defend your kid.  Anyone can file a complaint, it doesn't have to be a coach. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 26, 2017, 03:08:39 pm
What do you mean, "go over CKK head".  It's a parent, don't have to ask permission to defend your kid.  Anyone can file a complaint, it doesn't have to be a coach. 

So this "incident" wasn't related to Kelley's football program?

JessieP

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 03:02:57 pm

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. Yes, that's the point, that's the whole ever lovin point. Why are we still talking about last year? because it is all part of the bigger point. The players parent told the ADG he needed a scholarship because they couldn't afford college. They could afford PA but not college, now mind you PA is not about Football they are about academics. They just have a great coach and they work harder. That's why they win. Now if we're to believe that we would also know that if it's academics, first and foremost, that parents care about there are plenty of fine Universities that cost less then PA. We can afford PA but not college, PA gives aid but Football has no bearing whatsoever on who gets it. We can afford PA but not college. We had a lawyer step in because missing a game could hurt his chances at a scholarship, we can't afford college. We can afford PA but not college. PA gives aid but football has no bearing on who gets it. We can afford PA but not college. No football, No PA, No aid, no college. Keep repeating these words, none of which are my statements, and the picture will begin to develop.

JessieP

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 03:16:47 pm

I'd stop this line of questioning right now. Do you realize who your questioning? no no no, while I agree 100% we don't pull back this curtain.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. Yes, that's the point, that's the whole ever lovin point. Why are we still talking about last year? because it is all part of the bigger point. The players parent told the ADG he needed a scholarship because they couldn't afford college. They could afford PA but not college, now mind you PA is not about Football they are about academics. They just have a great coach and they work harder. That's why they win. Now if we're to believe that we would also know that if it's academics, first and foremost, that parents care about there are plenty of fine Universities that cost less then PA. We can afford PA but not college, PA gives aid but Football has no bearing whatsoever on who gets it. We can afford PA but not college. We had a lawyer step in because missing a game could hurt his chances at a scholarship, we can't afford college. We can afford PA but not college. PA gives aid but football has no bearing on who gets it. We can afford PA but not college. No football, No PA, No aid, no college. Keep repeating these words, none of which are my statements, and the picture will begin to develop.

A picture is develping, it's called OCD  ;D

MDXPHD

HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THE MCCLELLAN AT PA THREAD END UP LIKE THIS? If you guys want to discuss all of that nonsense that happened before PA got hammered by East last season, revive the thread.

McClellan may have one of the top defenses in the state. I was impressed at how they limited LRCA. I think PA wins by a couple of TDs though, although I hope PA loses so Jimmy can come on here and taunt everyone! The worst thing happened last week for 5A and that was PA almost losing. That make have made them wake up a little bit.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 03:20:07 pm

Jess, now you are drawing conclusions from different tracks of thought.  I can afford to send my kid to PA but I will certainly do my best to get them a scholarship if I can, academic or sports related. 

And what motive do we have to offer more scholarships to football players versus the rest of the crowd?  It's not like our program makes money for the school.  If you think we do recruit and pay, and that it's purely to "win", your ignorant.  No one does that.  No one would. 

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 03:16:47 pm

It involved a player on the PA team.  He isn't overboard.  I still have custody of my child for goodness sakes.

Overdahill

October 26, 2017, 04:12:58 pm #48 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:14:29 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: MDXPHD on October 26, 2017, 03:48:50 pm
HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THE MCCLELLAN AT PA THREAD END UP LIKE THIS? If you guys want to discuss all of that nonsense that happened before PA got hammered by East last season, revive the thread.

McClellan may have one of the top defenses in the state. I was impressed at how they limited LRCA. I think PA wins by a couple of TDs though, although I hope PA loses so Jimmy can come on here and taunt everyone! The worst thing happened last week for 5A and that was PA almost losing. That make have made them wake up a little bit.

Good call MDX; I agree with you! (except for the Jimmy part) :D

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on October 26, 2017, 04:12:58 pm
Good call MDX; I agree with you! (except for the Jimmy part) :D

Jimmy has been faithful to McClellan. He deserves a big win after that championship game fiasco a couple of years ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas