• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 8 Championship Predictions

Started by SportsReporter, October 18, 2017, 10:03:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsReporter

Just a few weeks away from playoff football, so who ya'll got going all the way and winning it at War Memorial? I'm going to go with the Curley Wolves down at Prescott. Coach Poole's team let one slip away last week at Glen Rose, but I reckon the boys will bounce back and go for the repeat.

thabeast428

Coltfan2005

Right this minute? Charleston or Junction City.

Mr.Bearded

CoolBreeze

I'm not going to make a prediction this early. But don't forget about Charleston. They don't have as many vocal advocates on FF as in years gone by, and they haven't been putting up their usual numbers of offense. Yet, despite being crippled by injuries, they remain undefeated. Moreover, the Tigers are always a force to be reckoned with come playoff time.

There are also a couple of pretty good teams in NEA that bear watching. And Glen Rose seems to be hitting on all cylinders now.

Should be an interesting playoff season.

bigfootelk14

Glen Rose wins it this year. They played a great team last week 37-27 if I'm correct. I'd be very surprised if they didn't. They made a deep run in the playoffs last year only to fall short. They play in a tough conference as it is so being a top seed and playing a lower seed in the first few rounds benefits a lot

big lefty

Prescott vs Rivercrest/Glen Rose winner

DogCatcher

ToughGuy91

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: SportsReporter on October 18, 2017, 10:03:35 am
Just a few weeks away from playoff football, so who ya'll got going all the way and winning it at War Memorial? I'm going to go with the Curley Wolves down at Prescott. Coach Poole's team let one slip away last week at Glen Rose, but I reckon the boys will bounce back and go for the repeat.
That's the plan!!! 14-1

Coltfan2005

Seems like everyone picking Mayflower has under 100 posts. New on the bandwagon?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2017, 04:55:43 pm
Seems like everyone picking Mayflower has under 100 posts. New on the bandwagon?

There is always that one team that has a chance of winning it all every 10-12 years that Gomes around. Lol.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 18, 2017, 05:20:58 pm
There is always that one team that has a chance of winning it all every 10-12 years that Gomes around. Lol.
Or it could be the beginning of a dynasty. After all, there was a time when Alabama was nowhere when it came to football and Bear Bryant was the head coach at [gulp] Kentucky. But just look at them now.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 18, 2017, 05:35:41 pm
Or it could be the beginning of a dynasty. After all, there was a time when Alabama was nowhere when it came to football and Bear Bryant was the head coach at [gulp] Kentucky. But just look at them now.

So you are saying Mayflower is the new Alabama and everyone is is Arkansas?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2017, 06:46:12 pm
So you are saying Mayflower is the new Alabama and everyone is is Arkansas?
Not necessarily. I just floated the possibility and a reminder that every dynasty had its beginning.

By the way, I also remember when Arkansas was a powerhouse. Now not so much.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 19, 2017, 10:49:51 am
Not necessarily. I just floated the possibility and a reminder that every dynasty had its beginning.

You just told your age, man. They were a power house in the 70s. 😂😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 19, 2017, 11:06:50 am

You just told your age, man. They were a power house in the 70s. 😂😂
Also, in the 60's.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 19, 2017, 10:49:51 am

I think about stuff like that a lot.  I wonder how long will it be when teams like Charleston, Prescott, Rivervrest, etc. are  doormats and guranteed wins.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on October 19, 2017, 11:40:27 am
I think about stuff like that a lot.  I wonder how long will it be when teams like Charleston, Prescott, Rivervrest, etc. are  doormats and guranteed wins.

Chuck will struggle at times but never disappear.  Same with preskitt, and rivercrest.  All will cycle, but not go away.

CoolBreeze

October 19, 2017, 02:53:44 pm #19 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:56:00 pm by CoolBreeze
Alas, some dynasties do end and the teams fall into decay.

panther07

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on October 19, 2017, 11:40:27 am

IMO, they prolly won't ever be doormats if they stay in the league they're in now.  I think winning breeds more winning.  Kids who have grown up around winning programs usually lead to more winning teams down the road.  I don't think we'll ever see Prescott, Chuck, HA, or Rivercrest be doormats in this league. 

ISU7

Quote from: panther07 on October 19, 2017, 03:06:32 pm
IMO, they prolly won't ever be doormats if they stay in the league they're in now.  I think winning breeds more winning.  Kids who have grown up around winning programs usually lead to more winning teams down the road.  I don't think we'll ever see Prescott, Chuck, HA, or Rivercrest be doormats in this league.
Crest is moving up too 4A next season. 💪

panther07

Quote from: ISU7 on October 19, 2017, 04:02:39 pm
Crest is moving up too 4A next season. 💪

I had forgotten about that.  Do you think they'll stay or is it just weird cycle?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas