• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clinton 7-0, think they are legit?

Started by RealTalk, October 17, 2017, 02:26:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RealTalk

legit, they only have three seniors that start.

beach bum

Can anyone stop Clinton?? Who is going to start that thread  :D

botkinburgbomber

Jimbo Morphis

Nope, same every year when they leave the mountains.

Game time21

Idk haven't proven they can play a full game

CoolBreeze

Paperman

The track record for the 1-3A does not support a deep run for the Jackets! Kudos though for winning them all thus far! Probably will be 10-0 heading into the playoffs

WindyCityBuilder77

BannerMountainMan

No I don't think anyone can stop them  ;D

ToughGuy91

Quote from: Oldman on October 17, 2017, 02:30:00 pm
Nope, same every year when they leave the mountains.
So same story different year??? ???

Proud Buckaroo

AmSycho

Traditionally, doesn't matter how well they do in the 1-3A. There have been a few undefeated teams to come from that conference that got smashed in the first round of the playoffs by a much lower seed from a different conference. I.E. Marshall 2007, West Fork 2014, Green Forest 2013 (although they won 2 playoff games).

Hope the best for them. Just don't see them making a lot of noise in the playoffs. They should win the 1st round against Fouke/Lake Village. 2nd round they'll get the winner of Newport and Haskell Harmony Grove. 2nd round should be a test. If they survive, its a trip to Junction City.

Non-conference strength of schedule isn't impressive. Win vs Heber Springs (who is 4-3) Win over Berryville (1-6) Win over CAC (0-7).  Combined schedules of non-conference opponents, 5-16.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: AmSycho on October 18, 2017, 10:17:13 am
Traditionally, doesn't matter how well they do in the 1-3A. There have been a few undefeated teams to come from that conference that got smashed in the first round of the playoffs by a much lower seed from a different conference. I.E. Marshall 2007, West Fork 2014, Green Forest 2013 (although they won 2 playoff games).

Hope the best for them. Just don't see them making a lot of noise in the playoffs. They should win the 1st round against Fouke/Lake Village. 2nd round they'll get the winner of Newport and Haskell Harmony Grove. 2nd round should be a test. If they survive, its a trip to Junction City.

Non-conference strength of schedule isn't impressive. Win vs Heber Springs (who is 4-3) Win over Berryville (1-6) Win over CAC (0-7).  Combined schedules of non-conference opponents, 5-16.
Although Heber is only 4-3, they are a 4A team. A win over a team from a higher classification with a winning record is an accomplishment. It's the most impressive win on Clinton's resume, so far.

whippersnapper

Don't forget that West Fork in 2010 ran the wing T to a semi final finish losing by a FG to Rivercrest the state champions. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

AmSycho

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 18, 2017, 11:47:04 am
Don't forget that West Fork in 2010 ran the wing T to a semi final finish losing by a FG to Rivercrest the state champions. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Agreed.

RealTalk

Clinton has a better chance of winning state next year. Clinton will not lose any of their main stars. The top teams in 3a will lose all of their seniors who score. Clinton will have a fantastic season next year, and i firmly believe they are a state qualifier. 

Proud Buckaroo

October 18, 2017, 02:47:55 pm #16 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:50:19 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: RealTalk on October 18, 2017, 02:09:00 pm
Clinton has a better chance of winning state next year. Clinton will not lose any of their main stars. The top teams in 3a will lose all of their seniors who score. Clinton will have a fantastic season next year, and i firmly believe they are a state qualifier.

yeah, Amos is just a sophomore.

AlumniLights

Agreed. Unfortunately, that is Marshall's all time best team ever in history. Buuuuut, they got knocked out by Glen Rose(eventual state champ)...literally. I think Doug Vinson got ejected for punching someone that game. Which is where Steven Kehner made his debut carrying the rock. But, that's history now. But like I said...7-0 means not a thing!

CoolBreeze

Sorry, folks, but the twins from Mayflower are only juniors. I think they've scored a few points this year. They will be back with a vengeance, next year.

HorseFeathers

FWIW Marshall wasn't in the 1 when they went 10-0 in 07....they were in same conference Harding academy....that glen rose team they lost to in 2nd round was on a mission....

Coltfan2005

Posting without doing your homework. Check the ages of the ENTIRE Rivercrest backfield.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AlumniLights on October 18, 2017, 02:58:09 pm
Agreed. Unfortunately, that is Marshall's all time best team ever in history. Buuuuut, they got knocked out by Glen Rose(eventual state champ)...literally. I think Doug Vinson got ejected for punching someone that game. Which is where Steven Kehner made his debut carrying the rock. But, that's history now. But like I said...7-0 means not a thing!

Believe he kicked a guy in the back of the head or something

nastynice

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2017, 04:57:36 pm
Posting without doing your homework. Check the ages of the ENTIRE Rivercrest backfield.
Yep. I know another team returning 20 out of 22 starters from this years team. 

Proud Buckaroo

Doesn't Rivercrest go to 4A next year though?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 18, 2017, 05:21:32 pm
Doesn't Rivercrest go to 4A next year though?
I believe I heard something about that on FF.

HorseFeathers

Hating on someone for not doing homework, while not knowing your own school won't be in 3a next year....oops

AmSycho

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 18, 2017, 04:57:31 pm
FWIW Marshall wasn't in the 1 when they went 10-0 in 07....they were in same conference Harding academy....that glen rose team they lost to in 2nd round was on a mission....

They beat Harding Academy 52-15 that year according to maxpreps. I would assume they were the 1 seed from 1-3A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AmSycho on October 18, 2017, 05:45:28 pm
They beat Harding Academy 52-15 that year according to maxpreps. I would assume they were the 1 seed from 1-3A.

They were in the 3a-2

bigfootelk14

Clinton is a very good team. Well coached but 7-0 means nothing. They finished 6-1 in conference last year and sharing the league title with Mountain View & Elkins. Not to add but also go knocked off in the first round by centerpoint who went 3 rounds deep before eventually losing to Charleston.  Anything can happen they just have to be prepared and on their A game come playoffs

AmSycho

They were. My fault. But they were still undefeated and the 1 seed.

Yellowjacket$$$

For years Clinton thought it was great just to make the playoffs and wouldn't play well in the first round .. sometimes overmatched.. I've also saw some teams not as talented as Clinton come in and take them out in the first round.. Yellowjackets need to change their mindset and not be satisfied with just making the playoffs.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Yellowjacket$$$ on October 19, 2017, 07:28:40 pm
For years Clinton thought it was great just to make the playoffs and wouldn't play well in the first round .. sometimes overmatched.. I've also saw some teams not as talented as Clinton come in and take them out in the first round.. Yellowjackets need to change their mindset and not be satisfied with just making the playoffs.
probably because they have been in 4a forever LOL in a conference with Lonoke, Newport, Dollarway, Heber, and Stuttgart.

Yellowjacket$$$

That's is true .   Last year they should've beat centerpoint in the first round . If they would've put the ball in the air a few times they would've won easily..

AlumniLights

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 18, 2017, 05:09:37 pm
Believe he kicked a guy in the back of the head or something

That sounds about right. I need to shut up and just let you guys post. My memory has left me!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas