• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier @ Harrison

Started by bobnweaven, October 12, 2017, 09:15:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobnweaven

October 12, 2017, 09:15:57 am Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:46:43 am by bobnweaven
Y has this not been a thread? Winner gets a chicken dinner, I mean playoff spot. And loser,,, has to hang on for that 4 seed, "Hello Wynne, my old friend."
48-27 Goblins

Deuceswild

That's actually the score I had picked out. GB can throw up some points in a hurry so who knows but Harrison looks more like a complete team this year. Homecoming is always a bit of a challenge but I don't think coach will allow them to lose focus. Sounds like they are focused. Take some quick pictures and away they go.

The Future

I wanna say Greenbrier will keep it a bit closer.

45-35

Devil Dog 17

First of all its Greenbrier, not Greenbriar. Secondly, the score will be Harrison 42 Greenbrier 7.  In no way am i trying to disrespect Greenbrier, but I see a blow out coming. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to the Panthers.

bobnweaven

There, heading changed, sorry for the inconvenience. Spread all depends on if GB gets those onside kicks. Getting extra possessions makes any offense hard to stop. Not to mention GB rb's look tough, haven't seen a bad WR and QB gets it done.
That said. Harrison's run game is well complemented with the outside threats going deep.
Both offenses are stacked and should have some success. Goblins defense looks to be better than GB's. Special teams either make up for lack of DEF by GB, or help Gobs hold strong.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on October 12, 2017, 10:29:47 am
First of all its Greenbrier, not Greenbriar. Secondly, the score will be Harrison 42 Greenbrier 7.  In no way am i trying to disrespect Greenbrier, but I see a blow out coming. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to the Panthers.

BRIAR gets rib smoked by 35. Gobs got a really good team! Go Eagles  ;D

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 12, 2017, 01:54:36 pm
BRIAR gets rib smoked by 35. Gobs got a really good team! Go Eagles  ;D

PrivateLesson

Do you have a prediction Go Postal?   

The Future

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 12, 2017, 08:17:04 pm
Do you have a prediction Go Postal?   

Well I don't wanna speak for Posty. But I'm sure some of his predictions this week include Harrison winning, Vilonia losing, and somewhere along the way mentioning that Harrison Greenwood game back in 08 which he likes to do every now and then  ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: The Future on October 13, 2017, 04:38:06 am
Well I don't wanna speak for Posty. But I'm sure some of his predictions this week include Harrison winning, Vilonia losing, and somewhere along the way mentioning that Harrison Greenwood game back in 08 which he likes to do every now and then  ;D

Hey, hey. we got Framington. We can beat them this week.  ;)

Go Postal

Quote from: The Future on October 13, 2017, 04:38:06 am
You forgot me mentioning off the cuff, out of the blue, in the wrong forum, bragging that Harrison's boys/girls athletes are tied with Bentonville's boys/girls in having the most State Championship Soccer trophies in Arkansas.  Twelve, at the moment. ;)

Sorry I haven't been on as much this week, still recovering from surgery.  The 'Briar and GOBS are tied 6-6-0 in conference play and both seem to mirror each other in style of play over the years.  This could be a close game depending on how the defense of each town performs.  Home town advantage should help put the GOBS to victory in this one.

As for '08, yes we are on that short list of Victor's. ;D

Greyhands

I am looking forward to this game

I watched the Greenbrier tape and they look pretty salty so our Harrison Boys better get ready to play their butts off tonight.

Harrison    35
Greenbrier 21

razorbackufo

harrison wins 41  to  greenbrier  19.
Quote from: Greyhands on October 13, 2017, 04:44:08 pm
I am looking forward to this game

I watched the Greenbrier tape and they look pretty salty so our Harrison Boys better get ready to play their butts off tonight.

Harrison    35
Greenbrier 21

Go Postal

It's Goblin and Panther football!

Local radio station with Jim and Marty on Kool 96.1

GobTV link:

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins  0
Greenbrier Panthers  16

Half.

unofficial stats:

'Briar QB went 11 of 16 for 112 passing yds.  They had 46 rushing yds.  They went 31 offensive plays for 158 total yds.

GOBS QB went 7 of 14 for 44 passing yds.  They had 22 rushing yds.  They went 20 offensive plays for 66 total yds.

Go Postal

Harrison 16
Greenbrier 33

Final

unofficial stats:

GB QB went 18 of 25 for 185 passing yds.  They had 186 rushing yds for a total of 371 offensive yds.

Harrison QB went 12 of 21 for 109 passing yds.  They had 144 rushing yds for a total of 253 offensive yds.

Homecoming curse strikes for 3rd consecutive year in Harrison.  Congratulations Greenbrier, you came to play.

bobcat81

Greenbrier just very methodical and consistent.  Nothing flashy, but several weapons running and passing.  And the defense is playing better this year. 

Deuceswild

I was very impressed with how they managed the clock, how they picked apart our play calls and took care of the football. I don't see this team being a one week wonder by any means. They executed very well and kept us on our heels the entire game. Hats off to GB, they came to play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas