• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Melbourne vs. Clinton

Started by touchdownsandturnovers, October 03, 2017, 09:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

touchdownsandturnovers

Battle of undefeated teams. Melbourne hasn't played much of a schedule, but have beaten the teams they were suppose to. Clinton seems to have it going being a top 5 team looking to make a run. Lets hear it.

Proud Buckaroo

This game decides conference.

Clinton wins by 6.

beach bum

Paperman

Two solid teams from a so,so conference, with little history of success in the post-season! Should be interesting battle! Not much disdain for either school! I favor Melbourne simply because of ties to NEA! I hope it is a good game!

HorseFeathers

Melbourne's opponents so far are 3-22...Salem is only team they've played with a win.

Clinton by 16

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Paperman on October 04, 2017, 05:30:40 am
Two solid teams from a so,so conference, with little history of success in the post-season! Should be interesting battle! Not much disdain for either school! I favor Melbourne simply because of ties to NEA! I hope it is a good game!
Pillow fight

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 04, 2017, 10:44:01 am
Melbourne's opponents so far are 3-22...Salem is only team they've played with a win.

Clinton by 16

This summed it up beautifully.... Melbourne is not even a top 25 team. They will be bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Props to them for beating who is in front of them, but that will change when it becomes a statewide competition in the 3A playoffs.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on October 04, 2017, 11:56:07 am
This summed it up beautifully.... Melbourne is not even a top 25 team. They will be bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Props to them for beating who is in front of them, but that will change when it becomes a statewide competition in the 3A playoffs.
+1

TruthHurts

Melbourne will have it to do tomorrow nite - no doubt about it. Bearkatz have a top shelf coach and a group of try hard kids. They have nothing to lose in this game. Put all that together and its  a good combination for an upset. I will go out on the limb here and take Melbourne in this one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 04, 2017, 11:56:07 am

I disagree on them not being top 25....as bad as the 3a seems to be this year beyond Prescott and J.C....the 5-0 record alone makes them top 25. Now beyond that I doubt they keep this close...16 may have been generous on my part...

TruthHurts

Clinton's not a top 5 team. Osceola, newport, Piggott, HA, Glen Rose are better. They play alot of sophmores. They are a good team just not a top 5 team.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TruthHurts on October 06, 2017, 01:08:32 pm
Clinton's not a top 5 team. Osceola, newport, Piggott, HA, Glen Rose are better. They play alot of sophmores. They are a good team just not a top 5 team.
We don't know how good Clinton is at this point. They have defeated all comers, so far. However, their most significant win to this point is 2-3 4A Heber Springs. They may deserve to be ranked in the top five. Or not.

As to those you name as superior, I could take issue with some. For example, the Yellowjackets and HA have had one common opponent. Heber Springs, who lost at home to Clinton by two scores, defeated Harding by 3 touchdowns, the first of three consecutive losses for the Wildcats. Also, Piggott has been blown out in successive games and will likely lose their third in a row tonight as they host Newport. Certainly, both of the above teams have played stiffer competition than Clinton has found in the 1-3A, but their record should mean something.

HorseFeathers

I've seen Clinton and Harding....I'd take Clinton as the better team at the times I seen them...

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 06, 2017, 01:33:43 pm
I've seen Clinton and Harding....I'd take Clinton as the better team at the times I seen them...
Harding played a good game against Smackover and a good 1st half at Barton. The rest of the time, not so much.

BannerMountainMan

Didn't Harding lose to Heber? Clinton beat them handily at Heber.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 06, 2017, 01:51:21 pm
Didn't Harding lose to Heber? Clinton beat them handily at Heber.
I wouldn't call 28-17 "handily," but it was a solid win. Heber defeated Harding 35-15 two weeks later.

TruthHurts

I'm not saying Clinton is bad team at all. They are a very good team. I just see them in the next group of 5, and really if you look at 6-15 i dont think there is alot of difference. It just one of those years where the middle incorporates a  larger group imo and that makes it alot of fun too.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TruthHurts on October 06, 2017, 02:10:59 pm
I'm not saying Clinton is bad team at all. They are a very good team. I just see them in the next group of 5, and really if you look at 6-15 i dont think there is alot of difference. It just one of those years where the middle incorporates a  larger group imo and that makes it alot of fun too.

3-15 are pretty close...depending on what rankings you use

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TruthHurts on October 06, 2017, 02:10:59 pm
Agree. This is a strange year. Except for Prescott and JC, it's hard to know where anyone fits in. If Charleston gets healthy, they may join the elite group at the top. Also, assuming Rivercrest handles Hoxie tonight, they will play a significant role in the playoffs. They often do.

Beyond that, it's hard to predict at this point which of the bunched group of good teams will rise to the top. A number who stumbled early have the capacity to recover and make a deep run, but it's hard to say whether that will actually happen.

Looks like and interesting, and fun, year.

CoolBreeze

Clinton cruises to a 39-12 victory. Previously-unbeaten Melbourne comes down to earth.

HorseFeathers

Heard there was a Clinton player taken off in an ambulance..

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 06, 2017, 10:25:20 pm
Heard there was a Clinton player taken off in an ambulance..
There's a thread on this board asking for prayers for him.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 06, 2017, 10:28:07 pm
There's a thread on this board asking for prayers for him.

Missed it..thanks

Yellowjacket$$$

Yellowjackets getting out coached again

reddie5404

October 16, 2017, 01:47:28 pm #24 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:21:08 pm by reddie5404
Quote from: Yellowjacket$$$ on October 13, 2017, 08:59:33 pm
Yellowjackets getting out coached again

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas