• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle of the Big River, Dardanelle\Pottsville

Started by Lizard47, September 25, 2017, 06:08:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard47

Thoughts? I see no reason to remove that trophy from its case

Lizard47

Sigmund Sauer

September 26, 2017, 08:37:44 pm #2 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:54:49 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Maybe if you could've somehow mentioned Bauxite in the post? That seems to be the only thing popular among 4A these days. Perhaps what if Dardanelle or Pottsville were to play Bauxite?

EDIT: After a quick glance there appears to be nothing in the post about Bauxite for at least a week. However, the thread continues to grow faster than American hatred toward the NFL.

Lizard47

I know right, the bauxite miner thread is truly epic. And hopelessly addictive. But really I was hoping to  get some feedback on this week's game. But hey, there's always the bauxite thread, lol

Mike Bonds

Should be a great game. This is a series that seems to have really taken off. I think Pottsville used to have Dardanelle's former coach.

Lizard47

Yes, coach Collins took us to state semis in 87 and went to Russellville in 89. Sometime after that Pottsville got him and he built a program there. He was always a great coach and he is a great person.

Lizard47

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 26, 2017, 08:37:44 pm
Maybe if you could've somehow mentioned Bauxite in the post? That seems to be the only thing popular among 4A these days. Perhaps what if Dardanelle or Pottsville were to play Bauxite?

EDIT: After a quick glance there appears to be nothing in the post about Bauxite for at least a week. However, the thread continues to grow faster than American hatred toward the NFL.
Well they should have just stood in reverence to the flag. They can dig in their deep pockets and support whatever cause they see fit on their own time and their own dime. Televised sporting events are not the proper time or place for such propaganda.

OLDSCHOOL82

September 27, 2017, 08:22:21 am #7 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:33:22 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
I haven't seen any film on Dardy to give an honest opinion.  Will have to base it on knowing what chucktown has as well as Pottsville.  This game will be decided by 6 points, and could go either way.  So, wheres the game being played?

Corrected statement.  I have seen some film on dardy.  Doesn't change my prediction.  Theres nothing concrete at this moment to make me think one will dominate the other.  Dardy has the upper hand being at home. Pottsville will still be without their full back.  What about the other injuries? Any of those guys back?

Gray lizard

I have seen them both play.  Pottsville has a couple good backs that can get loose.  They are a average team with some young players.  Their defensive seems at risk to the big play.  If Pottsville can control the ball and limit Dardanelle's positions they could win the game.  They need to have no turnovers and no penalties. 
Dardanelle at home worth 10 points in my book.  Dardanelle VS Pottsville kicking game.  After every kick off Pottsville will be on the 20 yard  line.  Dardanelle will be on the 35 to 50 yard line.  That is a game changer.  For this reason alone I will go with Dardanelle.

Lizard47

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 27, 2017, 08:22:21 am
I haven't seen any film on Dardy to give an honest opinion.  Will have to base it on knowing what chucktown has as well as Pottsville.  This game will be decided by 6 points, and could go either way.  So, wheres the game being played?
Pottsville would get throttled by chuck, no doubt about that whatsoever. This game will be decided by at least three scores.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 27, 2017, 12:05:53 pm
Pottsville would get throttled by chuck, no doubt about that whatsoever. This game will be decided by at least three scores.
I will have to agree with Oldschool.   I have seen Dardanelle play and it will be a close game and can go either way.  We played Chucktown in scrimmage and pottsville. Pottsville was the better of the 2 teams.  Playing at Dardanelle they have the edge for sure.

nastynice

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 27, 2017, 12:05:53 pm
Not from what I've seen this year. OS and Bearcatdad have it right.

Lizard47

Well in a couple of days we will see now won't we.

OLDSCHOOL82

September 27, 2017, 02:08:56 pm #14 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:47:50 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: Lizard47 on September 27, 2017, 02:01:37 pm

So much anger.  Why do you see the sheer domination from the sand gizzards?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 27, 2017, 02:08:56 pm
So much anger.  Why do see the sheer domination from the sand gizzards?

After watching Shiloh play Pottsville, I would think Dardy wins by 14 or more.... 

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 27, 2017, 02:01:37 pm

Can't wait!!   Dardanelle is very over rated this year and living off of their past years. Hate to be blunt but sometimes the truth hurts!!

Lizard47

Suddenly Pottsville has fans all over the conference. I guess since they're better than Chuck they can wipe the floor with Ozark too? And wouldn't that be a great scenario for Booneville since they just whipped the apaches and have the hillbillies this week? I don't think it all adds up and I still say Dardy by three scores.

nastynice

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 27, 2017, 05:20:37 pm
Suddenly Pottsville has fans all over the conference. I guess since they're better than Chuck they can wipe the floor with Ozark too? And wouldn't that be a great scenario for Booneville since they just whipped the apaches and have the hillbillies this week? I don't think it all adds up and I still say Dardy by three scores.
Why does it bother you if we think it'll be a close game?  I guess I missed something.....I think Dardy will win, but it'll be close.

Lizard47

Quote from: nastynice on September 27, 2017, 05:34:37 pm
Why does it bother you if we think it'll be a close game?  I guess I missed something.....I think Dardy will win, but it'll be close.
You don't bother me, I enjoy this. You think it will be close, I don't agree. It will be what it is.

OLDSCHOOL82

Ole young lizard.  Don't think I ever stated a winner.  Just a one score ball game. 

Lizard47

I know you didn't, the disagreement is over the margin of victory.

Lacerta agilis

This is a rivalry game so anything can happen. Both teams are a little banged up. Pottsville played a lot of young players last year, and Dardanelle was in rebuilding mode last year. I expect the Apaches to be better this year, and Dardanelle is better as well.  Lizards should win.

Lizard47

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 28, 2017, 08:49:42 am
This is a rivalry game so anything can happen. Both teams are a little banged up. Pottsville played a lot of young players last year, and Dardanelle was in rebuilding mode last year. I expect the Apaches to be better this year, and Dardanelle is better as well.  Lizards should win.
Sure was nice to be rebuilding and still win conference outright, make it to the quarters, and have 3 all state players. I don't know if we're better this year or not, that's something our guys have to prove on the field. We definitely did better against chuck and dover than last year.

Gray lizard

It is not a given Dardanelle will win.  Pottsville will come to play and intend on getting a W.  Pottsville has some play makers but they were exposed against Shiloh.  Shiloh shut down their running game.  I am not sure Dardanelle will be able to do that. 

Again the kicking game may well be the key to this game.  I am not sure people understand the field position advantage Dardanelle brings to the game.
How many kick offs did the Flanagan kid return for Charlestion. That is right none.  You can bet Dardanelle will not have a kick off or punt returned for a TD against them all year.

I will be pulling for Pottsville to prove me wrong.

Lizard47

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 28, 2017, 11:04:34 am

Again the kicking game may well be the key to this game.  I am not sure people understand the field position advantage Dardanelle brings to the game.
How many kick offs did the Flanagan kid return for Charlestion. That is right none.  You can bet Dardanelle will not have a kick off or punt returned for a TD against them all year.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Field position is key and our kicker delivers for us every week.

Lizard47

Its a beautiful gameday with a little relief from the heat, hope it doesn't warm up too much before the game. Its crazy to be 5 weeks in and sweating in the bleachers. GO LIZARDS!!

Gray lizard

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 29, 2017, 10:15:03 am
Its a beautiful gameday with a little relief from the heat, hope it doesn't warm up too much before the game. Its crazy to be 5 weeks in and sweating in the bleachers. GO LIZARDS!!

It was only last week that was hot.  It is crazy that it has not been hot all 5 weeks.

Lizard47

Lizard47

Lizard47

Quote from: Bearcatdad on September 27, 2017, 02:41:50 pm
Can't wait!!   Dardanelle is very over rated this year and living off of their past years. Hate to be blunt but sometimes the truth hurts!!
Does it hurt? You tell me.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 29, 2017, 10:17:44 pm
Does it hurt? You tell me.

I'm very surprised.  We will see you in a couple of weeks and see where we are both at.  Good win for Darby

Lizard47

Quote from: Bearcatdad on September 30, 2017, 07:26:17 am
I'm very surprised.  We will see you in a couple of weeks and see where we are both at.  Good win for Darby
Congrats on getting by Ozark as well. We unfortunately have both of y'all back to back on the road. See you then.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas