• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Coach or Beneficial Coach

Started by RoadWarrior, September 21, 2017, 09:40:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RoadWarrior

What coaching staff; particularly in the 4A, really coaches and who just benefit from a lot of talent?

beach bum

I see this thread getting pretty ugly....

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 21, 2017, 09:49:38 am
I see this thread getting pretty ugly....

Excellent troll attempt by the OP.

KUDOS.

Gray lizard

Well to be truthful you got to have both to compete on the State level.
Even the best coach has to have the Jimmys and Jos.

RoadWarrior

It shouldn't get messy. Undoubtedly there will be a few posters with some negative comments however it takes two to argue so they should be ignored. I made this post simply because ALOT of coaches don't get the recognition that others get when they have to work twice as hard due to a less degree of talent. Then there are those coaches that no matter what crazy game plan or plays they call it almost doesn't matter because their players make up for it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Your a good coach road warrior.  Is that what your trying to get?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 21, 2017, 10:20:11 am
Your a good coach road warrior.  Is that what your trying to get?

If he takes time to get on here and post during the season he's not a very good coach...

AirWarren

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 21, 2017, 10:19:19 am
It shouldn't get messy. Undoubtedly there will be a few posters with some negative comments however it takes two to argue so they should be ignored. I made this post simply because ALOT of coaches don't get the recognition that others get when they have to work twice as hard due to a less degree of talent. Then there are those coaches that no matter what crazy game plan or plays they call it almost doesn't matter because their players make up for it.

Dayton Kitchens, is that you?

Chief_Osceola™

PrivateLesson

Lol!!!!   I have tears!!!

This thread.....Has Hall Of Fame, Potential!

RoadWarrior

Lol no this is not.....I'm generally interested in what a lot of you have to say. It's a handful of you guys that really have an insight on the game. Similar to a lot of coaches I've talked to

Overdahill

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 21, 2017, 10:14:59 am
Well to be truthful you got to have both to compete on the State level.
Even the best coach has to have the Jimmys and Jos.

^^^ this

Oldbadger

I have seen teams with great talent struggle to make a first down.  What does that say? The coaches I admire most as real coaches, however, are those with mediocre talent go deep in the playoffs.  I have witnessed that.  That is great coaching.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 21, 2017, 10:47:44 am
Lol no this is not.....I'm generally interested in what a lot of you have to say. It's a handful of you guys that really have an insight on the game. Similar to a lot of coaches I've talked to

Welcome to Fearless and this is a very great read, if you haven't aquainted yourself with this thread....
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=113472.0

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 21, 2017, 10:30:28 am
If he takes time to get on here and post during the season he's not a very good coach...

Thanks for the clarification.  Hard to sense sarcasm I reckon.

nastynice

When you have both you end up with a Warren, Nashville, PA, Greenwood, Wynne, Fayvlle, Bentonville.....

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 21, 2017, 10:47:44 am

1. Talent.
2. Coaching.
3. Community support.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 21, 2017, 11:11:37 am
Thanks for the clarification.  Hard to sense sarcasm I reckon.

I was referring to coaches in general. Hard to sense that from my post I reckon.

OLDSCHOOL82

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2017, 11:59:20 am
1. Talent.
2. Coaching.
3. Community support.

This summed up winning sweet and short and to the point.... Here is the answer you were looking for when you started your thread RoadWarrior

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas