• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 week 4 (conference openers)

Started by prHOG13, September 15, 2017, 11:23:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Quick recap of week 3. Shiloh very impressive pounding Pottsville in Pottsville 49-0. They may drop 70 on Berryville in the first half. Prairie Grove won easily against West Fork, and Pea Ridge looked rusty after a week off against Farmington in a sloppy game. Bottom of the conference is playing very poorly with Berryville losing to Green Forest, Lincoln losing to Mansfield, Gentry losing to Greenland and giving up 76 points, and Huntsville losing to Elkins.

Week 1 of conference play shouldn't have any close games, and all of them could be mercy rule games

Conference openers:
Shiloh @ Berryville (Shiloh by 56)
Lincoln @ Gravette (Gravette by 28)
Gentry @ Pea Ridge (Pea Ridge by 49)
Prairie Grove @ Huntsville (PG by 35)

nuttinbuthogs

Conference openers:

Shiloh @ Berryville=    Shiloh by 45
Lincoln @ Gravette=    Lincoln in an upset by 6
Gentry @ Pea Ridge=   Pea Ridge by 40
Prairie Grove @ Huntsville= PG by 37

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 16, 2017, 03:09:39 pm
Conference openers:

Lincoln @ Gravette=    Lincoln in an upset by 6

Dude! Drink less cool-aid.

beach bum

They should just simulate this coming week like you can on a video game.... This week features the top half vs the bottom half.

nuttinbuthogs

I don't drink cool-aid.  Watch and see. Lincoln players and coaches will show you.

Sportshawk

The top four ranked teams will probably run over the bottom four teams....but......this is high school football.  Strange things can.....and do.....happen.  The game most open to an upset might be the Lincoln/Gravette battle.  However, the Wolves have been kind of up and down while Gravette is a bit more steady.  Having a rocky start to their season will be an incentive for the Lions to open league play with a big game.  O'Brien will be hard for Lincoln to stop and he will likely be the difference in the game.  In the Maxprep rankings, Gravette is ranked #17 in 4A with Lincoln down to #40.

Other comparisons are #7 Shiloh vs #44 Berryville, #3 Prairie Grove vs #37 Huntsville, and #1 Pea Ridge vs #36 Gentry.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 16, 2017, 06:29:46 pm
I don't drink cool-aid.  Watch and see. Lincoln players and coaches will show you.

They lost last Friday to Mansfield. Are they saving everything for conference play?

LION Dad

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 18, 2017, 09:53:03 am
The top four ranked teams will probably run over the bottom four teams....but......this is high school football.  Strange things can.....and do.....happen.  The game most open to an upset might be the Lincoln/Gravette battle.  However, the Wolves have been kind of up and down while Gravette is a bit more steady.  Having a rocky start to their season will be an incentive for the Lions to open league play with a big game.  O'Brien will be hard for Lincoln to stop and he will likely be the difference in the game.  In the Maxprep rankings, Gravette is ranked #17 in 4A with Lincoln down to #40.

Other comparisons are #7 Shiloh vs #44 Berryville, #3 Prairie Grove vs #37 Huntsville, and #1 Pea Ridge vs #36 Gentry.
The difference won't be Obrien he always comes to play the difference will be if they can get the Moorman kid the ball some more he has like 24 yards per touch and only getting it 2-3 times a game he returned a punt some 45-55 yards and was mauled by 3-4 kids and some how got free also some of the other receivers need to catch the ball better to many dropped passes. The defense needs to get a stop

RZback

Conference openers:
Shiloh @ Berryville (Shiloh by 56)
Lincoln @ Gravette (Gravette by 28)
Gentry @ Pea Ridge (Pea Ridge by 49)
Prairie Grove @ Huntsville (PG by 35)

I cant' really argue with these winners, scores may vary a little depending on mercy.  I'd say Huntsville may put up a fight for a little bit.

nuttinbuthogs

Lincoln by 6 over Gravette.  If Lincoln can get its pass game going it will be more, 14.

Sportshawk

Quote from: LION Dad on September 18, 2017, 10:40:49 am
The difference won't be Obrien he always comes to play the difference will be if they can get the Moorman kid the ball some more he has like 24 yards per touch and only getting it 2-3 times a game he returned a punt some 45-55 yards and was mauled by 3-4 kids and some how got free also some of the other receivers need to catch the ball better to many dropped passes. The defense needs to get a stop
What you say is true about Moorman. But, does Gravette have anyone that can get him the ball?  He might be open a lot but he can't throw to himself, and I saw the pass completion percentage kinda low the last game out.  I hope the Lions do well, a bunch of really good kids on that team.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 18, 2017, 05:15:33 pm
Lincoln by 6 over Gravette.  If Lincoln can get its pass game going it will be more, 14.

Gotta love your enthusiasm.  If Lincoln doesn't get its passing game going they won't get within 14 much less win. 

POTUS

Is there a way to watch the game tonight?

whippersnapper

POTUS

prHOG13

Quote from: POTUS on September 22, 2017, 06:15:50 pm
Wow I'm goofy, Pea Ridge.
Unfortunately not. It's 19-0 in the early 2nd quarter right now

beach bum

I am not sure anyone thought this when the year started, but we are starting to see more and more results come in to show the quality of opponents these teams in the 1-4A have been playing..... And it may appear that Shiloh has a legitimate shot at winning this conference.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 08:50:12 pm
I am not sure anyone thought this when the year started, but we are starting to see more and more results come in to show the quality of opponents these teams in the 1-4A have been playing..... And it may appear that Shiloh has a legitimate shot at winning this conference.

Shiloh is looking better... Crazy thing is
They lost the first string and second string running backs against Elkins and I haven't seen either one play since. Have to wonder if and when they will be back. Also what impact it will have.

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 22, 2017, 09:05:41 pm
Shiloh is looking better... Crazy thing is
They lost the first string and second string running backs against Elkins and I haven't seen either one play since. Have to wonder if and when they will be back. Also what impact it will have.

That was my biggest concern with Shiloh.... The depth and possible injuries. I think PG will be taking that game insanely serious two Fridays from now for sure.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 08:50:12 pm

I'm not sure BB if the opponents the 4A is playing are that strong.  Looking at them there isn't many wins by 4A opponents.  I think the top is good, definitely top 10 and I think possibly top 6 with the upper 3 teams. But, I'm not sure the teams we are beating are that strong.  I know the bottom is not doing well and now in conference play it will be a race for 5th place among the bottom 4.  I'm thinking Pea Ridge is really the sleeper.  Can they play 4 quarters at championship level from here on?  If they can they win the conference.  If PG can play their typical brand of physical ball they have an excellent chance of winning it.  I'm not convinced that Shiloh is the best team because the best team they played beat them by double the score.  .

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 18, 2017, 05:15:33 pm

I'm guessing they didn't get that passing game going?

Sportshawk

Quote from: LION Dad on September 18, 2017, 10:40:49 am
Obrien picked up 253 yards and 5 TDS...yeah...he WAS the difference.

Trojanball24

Ive seen Lincoln twice this year and we just didnt come to play. Gravette is talented. I see them playing PG really tough if not upsetting them. looks like a possible 1-7 year for my Wolves.

LION Dad

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 24, 2017, 09:15:18 pm
Obrien picked up 253 yards and 5 TDS...yeah...he WAS the difference.
Read the full comment obrien always comes to play

nuttinbuthogs

Okay, I thought the Wolves would have a chance at Gravette, I'm heard so much around about how well we would do.  Now, I'm disappointed in the way we have played.  I'm not giving up on the boys, we still have a chance at the playoffs but I'm not sure how prepared we have gone into games.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 26, 2017, 09:21:17 am
Okay, I thought the Wolves would have a chance at Gravette, I'm heard so much around about how well we would do.  Now, I'm disappointed in the way we have played.  I'm not giving up on the boys, we still have a chance at the playoffs but I'm not sure how prepared we have gone into games.

I feel for you, bro.  I warned you about drinking the cool aid. Pea Ridge this week and then you probably have a shot at Berryville.  That game will tell if you still have a shot at the playoffs.

nuttinbuthogs

I'm not drinking cool aid.  I am trying to support the team.  It's getting harder.  But yes we have a tough game with Pea Ridge, I expect they will win.  The next game with Berryville is a must if we want to go back to the playoffs.  I don't really know how they are but I'm hopeful.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 27, 2017, 12:33:43 pm
I'm not drinking cool aid.  I am trying to support the team.  It's getting harder.  But yes we have a tough game with Pea Ridge, I expect they will win.  The next game with Berryville is a must if we want to go back to the playoffs.  I don't really know how they are but I'm hopeful.

First of all there is nothing wrong with drinking Kool Aid. I will let you in on a little secret but it can't get outside this forum, people from Shiloh drink Kool Aid  :o ...

In my opinion Berryville looked a little better than normal. They drove the ball on us and threw a pick, had another nice drive and fumbled.  I think close to the end of q1 Shiloh was only up 7-0....

gameoflife

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 27, 2017, 01:36:00 pm
First of all there is nothing wrong with drinking Kool Aid. I will let you in on a little secret but it can't get outside this forum, people from Shiloh drink Kool Aid  :o ...

In my opinion Berryville looked a little better than normal. They drove the ball on us and threw a pick, had another nice drive and fumbled.  I think close to the end of q1 Shiloh was only up 7-0....

ST., I'm pretty sure that Berryville scored twice last year in the 1st quarter.  Check it out.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: gameoflife on September 27, 2017, 07:37:27 pm
ST., I'm pretty sure that Berryville scored twice last year in the 1st quarter.  Check it out.

Final was 58-12 I think last year... I will have to check a thread but just going off memory and the recent game Berryville just seemed a little better.  I may be over critical of Shiloh this season... Everybody else seems to have them higher up than what I would have them.  I think we will be much improved over the next couple years...

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 28, 2017, 07:50:52 am
Final was 58-12 I think last year... I will have to check a thread but just going off memory and the recent game Berryville just seemed a little better.  I may be over critical of Shiloh this season... Everybody else seems to have them higher up than what I would have them.  I think we will be much improved over the next couple years...
Yeah, y'all will run the 4A-1 the next couple years. That sophomore class is gonna be a good one. PR and PG will fall back, but still probably be top 3 in the league.... just not candidates to make a deep run in the postseason.

nuttinbuthogs

It's the current junior high class specifically the 9th grade for Lincoln that locals and coaches think is going to be really good over the next few years.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 28, 2017, 09:36:51 am
It's the current junior high class specifically the 9th grade for Lincoln that locals and coaches think is going to be really good over the next few years.

How is that group doing in junior high this year?  I've heard the 9th graders are pretty good.

nuttinbuthogs

I think they are 2-2.  Someone else may know differently.

prHOG13

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 28, 2017, 03:44:52 pm
I think they are 2-2.  Someone else may know differently.
We play them tonight. I'll try to find out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas