• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Week 3

Started by nuttinbuthogs, September 10, 2017, 08:43:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttinbuthogs

prHOG13

Berryville vs Green Forest- Berryville by 14
Gentry @ Greenland- Gentry by 21
Gravette vs Jay OK- Gravette by 3
Huntsville vs Elkins- Elkins by 8
Lincoln vs Mansfield- Lincoln by 12
Pea Ridge vs Farmington- Pea Ridge by 21
PG @ West Fork- PG by 35
Shiloh @ Pottsville- Shiloh by 28

nuttinbuthogs

Berryville vs Green Forest,  Berryville by 12
Shiloh vs Pottsville, Shiloh by 21
Huntsville vs Elkins, Huntsville by 3
Prairie Grove vs West Fork, Prairie Grove by 35+
Gravette vs Jay OK, Gravette by 10
Pea Ridge vs Farmington, Pea Ridge by 28
Gentry vs Greenland, Gentry by 7
Lincoln vs Mansfield, Lincoln by 10

Should be a sweep for the conference
Home field will help, BV, HV, Gravette, and Lincoln
Gentry has to make a move now and win on the road
Shiloh, Prairie Grove, Pea Ridge will not matter where they play.

RZback

Berryville vs Green Forest,  Berryville by 21
Shiloh vs Pottsville, Shiloh by 21
Huntsville vs Elkins, Elkins by 7
Prairie Grove vs West Fork, Prairie Grove by 42
Gravette vs Jay OK, Gravette by 7
Pea Ridge vs Farmington, Pea Ridge by 28
Gentry vs Greenland, Greenland by 8
Lincoln vs Mansfield, Lincoln by 18

Sportshawk

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 10, 2017, 08:59:22 pm
Berryville vs Green Forest- Berryville by 14
Gentry @ Greenland- Gentry by 21
Gravette vs Jay OK- Gravette by 3
Huntsville vs Elkins- Elkins by 8
Lincoln vs Mansfield- Lincoln by 12
Pea Ridge vs Farmington- Pea Ridge by 21
PG @ West Fork- PG by 35
Shiloh @ Pottsville- Shiloh by 28
I agree with prHOG13 on all but the Shiloh/Pottsville score.  Pottsville is supposed to have a pretty good ground game and if they can keep it going, that would disrupt Shiloh's game plan.  I think it will be a close win for the Apaches, maybe 27-21. 

nuttinbuthogs

This is an important week for 1-4A.  It should show how much improvement has been made.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 12, 2017, 11:42:05 am
This is an important week for 1-4A.  It should show how much improvement has been made.

Or not?

prHOG13

this Farmington @ Pea Ridge game is the worst officiated game in HS football history

15 penalties against Pea Ridge, 6 against Farmington

Several have wiped out big plays and were terrible calls for both sides. These guys should be ashamed of themselves.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 15, 2017, 08:08:00 pm
this Farmington @ Pea Ridge game is the worst officiated game in HS football history

15 penalties against Pea Ridge, 6 against Farmington

Several have wiped out big plays and were terrible calls for both sides. These guys should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm jumping to this game.  The Shiloh / Pottsville game is 35-0 at the half.

prHOG13

$aintMaximu$

PG Telco is messed.  Is there another way to stream?

prHOG13

Pea Ridge with 21 penalties tonight. Had 17 last year against Farmington iirc. I had Farmington w/ 12 penalties tonight.

Those refs really wanted recognition from both sides. Sloppy game

beach bum

We'll put the over/under at 100 on combined missed tackles in the Gentry vs. Greenland game..... 76-71?? Seriously?

nuttinbuthogs

week 3 results

Green Forest by 3 over Berryville
Shiloh by 49 over Pottsville
Elkins by 5 over Huntsville
Prairie Grove by 34 over West Fork
Gravette by 7 over Jay
Pea Ridge by 17 over Farmington
Greenland by 5 over Gentry
Mansfield by 3 over Lincoln

W=4 L=4

RZback

Quote from: RZback on September 12, 2017, 02:02:14 pm
Or not?

I must say Berryville and Lincoln surprised me.  Thought they would be better.  Otherwise the conference has three strong teams. Looks like the fight for last is the same as usual.

RZback

1-4A

Prairie Grove looks strong and physical as usual. I'd say they are #1 right now in the conference.
Shiloh I think is #2, able to score a lot of points and defense looks solid.
Pea Ridge is struggling.  Seem to have a problem getting started in games. Do have the weapons if they can get a full game.
Gravette looks to be the #4 and that's unsure because of their 1-2 record but look like they have the best win of the rest of the teams.
Huntsville at #5
Gentry at #6 because they can score points.
Lincoln and Berryville are about a draw right now. 7/8

dukes424

I would agree on Pea Ridge so much skill position talent it's like they play flat for the first half or don't show up I would put Shiloh Pg and maybe Gravette ahead of them until they pull their heads out. 22 penaltys and not showing up until the second half won't get it done.

RZback

Don't know how you put Gravette above them?  I do agree they seem to be trying to coast in games and then win it in the second half.  Mistakes and misques are a problem.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on September 16, 2017, 11:36:32 am
1-4A

Prairie Grove looks strong and physical as usual. I'd say they are #1 right now in the conference.
Shiloh I think is #2, able to score a lot of points and defense looks solid.
Pea Ridge is struggling.  Seem to have a problem getting started in games. Do have the weapons if they can get a full game.
Gravette looks to be the #4 and that's unsure because of their 1-2 record but look like they have the best win of the rest of the teams.
Huntsville at #5
Gentry at #6 because they can score points.
Lincoln and Berryville are about a draw right now. 7/8

Lincoln is still trying to get players comfortable in new positions, you will see in a few more games it will come together.  They have a lot of talent on that field and some is not as experienced but are better every week.

dukes424

Quote from: RZback on September 16, 2017, 12:40:39 pm
Don't know how you put Gravette above them?  I do agree they seem to be trying to coast in games and then win it in the second half.  Mistakes and misques are a problem.
The Hawks have more talent and potential to beat anyone in the conference or state in the 4a they just have 3 games where they play only 2 quarters and to many penaltys. We need to come out fired up not wait till halftime.

RZback

Quote from: dukes424 on September 16, 2017, 01:40:42 pm
The Hawks have more talent and potential to beat anyone in the conference or state in the 4a they just have 3 games where they play only 2 quarters and to many penaltys. We need to come out fired up not wait till halftime.

If they don't play 4 quarters the rest of the way they are going to loose 2-3 games.  PG and Shiloh will require a full effort. 

dukes424

Stealthfan

If they're clicking they won't get but two opportunities to play more than 2 quarters now conference play begins.  Most games should be in the mercy rule by half.  Same for PG and SC.

Momma_S

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 15, 2017, 10:07:05 pm
Pea Ridge with 21 penalties tonight. Had 17 last year against Farmington iirc. I had Farmington w/ 12 penalties tonight.

Those refs really wanted recognition from both sides. Sloppy game

Berryville had an unsportsmanlike flag thrown on their huddle, two teammates speaking to each other about each other, amongst other penalties.
I've read somewhere along the lines of 195 yards in penalties against the Bobcats.

It was a hot mess and each time they gained momentum, a flag would fly in and take the wind out of their sails.

It was disappointing.

beach bum

If teams don't want penalties called against them...... Then well, don't commit penalties then and the refs won't call them. Why are you blaming the refs when they are simply calling a penalty that a player committed? I have never understood that. Sounds like that is a coaching issue to me if a team keeps getting penalties called against. That is what practice is for is to clean that stuff up.

beach bum

It's like in basketball.... If you want to stop having a player foul out of the game..... Well tell them to stop fouling and actually play defense fundamentally sound. Most teams that commit a lot of penalties in football its the same thing. When they are in a competitive game they fall back into bad habits of not being fundamentally sound.

prHOG13

Quote from: Momma_S on September 21, 2017, 03:35:28 pm
Berryville had an unsportsmanlike flag thrown on their huddle, two teammates speaking to each other about each other, amongst other penalties.
I've read somewhere along the lines of 195 yards in penalties against the Bobcats.

It was a hot mess and each time they gained momentum, a flag would fly in and take the wind out of their sails.

It was disappointing.
Yikes. That makes for pretty rough viewing

RZback

I've seen enough games to know that occasionally the flags don't fly evenly. Much less fairly.  Tick off an official or two and they start exerting themselves.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on September 22, 2017, 09:53:39 am
I've seen enough games to know that occasionally the flags don't fly evenly. Much less fairly.  Tick off an official or two and they start exerting themselves.

Then tell your team to stop holding on offense or getting pass interference calls on defense.... It's pretty simple. Stop blaming the refs for your teams undisciplined play.

RZback

So, you were at the game and saw these things?  I bet you have never complained about an official either.

Momma_S

Quote from: beach bum on September 21, 2017, 03:45:46 pm
If teams don't want penalties called against them...... Then well, don't commit penalties then and the refs won't call them. Why are you blaming the refs when they are simply calling a penalty that a player committed? I have never understood that. Sounds like that is a coaching issue to me if a team keeps getting penalties called against. That is what practice is for is to clean that stuff up.

Point out where I was blaming the refs, please.

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: Momma_S on September 22, 2017, 02:09:04 pm
Point out where I was blaming the refs, please.

Good point.  You really didn't lay blame.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas