• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searcy Lions

Started by ftbllgd7566, September 08, 2017, 10:24:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ftbllgd7566

Are the Searcy Lions that good, or have their opponents been that bad?? They beat Batesville 47-9 tonight. I've heard good things about their offense, size upfront and defense but haven't seen them in person. I don't know if Batesville is having a down year or what but any win over Batesville makes this SHS alum happy ;D  ;D  ;D

Austin.Sutton

Quote from: ftbllgd7566 on September 08, 2017, 10:24:32 pm
Are the Searcy Lions that good, or have their opponents been that bad?? They beat Batesville 47-9 tonight. I've heard good things about their offense, size upfront and defense but haven't seen them in person. I don't know if Batesville is having a down year or what but any win over Batesville makes this SHS alum happy ;D  ;D  ;D

I went to the Searcy vs. Valley View game and they did look good. Qb has a nice arm along with transfers that fit in nice with the offensive scheme. I did notice that the defense had a minor problem with the run, but it looks like a hopeful season!

Bigred18

Seems like Searcy is being over looked by some people but I think they have great team this year and have potential for possibly the best season I've seen from them. I wouldn't count them out in 6a

AHS06

We'll know more about Searcy during conference play.  These nonconference teams are not the caliber of the tough 4 game stretch that's awaiting Searcy. 

Wildcat Football

If Searcy QB is everything as advertised, you will do well this year.  Having a good high school QB is critical to go deep in playoffs, but at some point defense is what wins games down the stretch.  I've seen coaches put their best athletes on defense with mental edge first, then build everything else off that...in case of Russellville, PB, GW, they will play players both ways and have seen success with this approach.  Bottom-line is best athletes must play on defense during playoffs....ask Jonesboro, they seem to put best athletes on offense first, which is why they are stuck moving past semis every year, IMO.

T-Bone

Quote from: Wildcat Football on September 13, 2017, 09:35:45 am
If Searcy QB is everything as advertised, you will do well this year.  Having a good high school QB is critical to go deep in playoffs, but at some point defense is what wins games down the stretch.  I've seen coaches put their best athletes on defense with mental edge first, then build everything else off that...in case of Russellville, PB, GW, they will play players both ways and have seen success with this approach.  Bottom-line is best athletes must play on defense during playoffs....ask Jonesboro, they seem to put best athletes on offense first, which is why they are stuck moving past semis every year, IMO.

You need players on both sides of the ball.  One sided doesn't work often.  To say the best players are on JHS offense is misleading.  I look forward to playing Searcy.  I may not after the game but I do look forward to playing them to see what both JHS and Searcy can do.  They pass / we run and pass.  This could be a very good game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas