• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FS Southside @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, September 05, 2017, 09:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

7AFBFAN

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 08, 2017, 12:47:17 pm
You ready to see the New and Improved Fearless Friday Scoreboard tonight?

What is the improvement? I liked last weeks version much better than previous years.

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 01:42:07 pm
What is the improvement? I liked last weeks version much better than previous years.

I don't know....I haven't seen it yet.    I just saw a Fearless Friday tweet about it.     Maybe you seen the change already. 

7AFBFAN

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 08, 2017, 01:43:09 pm
Why did RD block you??

Good question. I thought we were buddies. I haven't razzed him in years.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 01:49:12 pm

Maybe he has his messages off?     I sometimes put to admin only. 

PrivateLesson

Sound the horn!!!   We made it to page 2!!!   WOOOOHOOOO!!!   :o ::) :-\

7AFBFAN

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 08, 2017, 01:45:10 pm
I don't know....I haven't seen it yet.    I just saw a Fearless Friday tweet about it.     Maybe you seen the change already.

I don't know either. I liked it though. Hey we made it to the second page. A page and a half of chest thumping and horn blowing (RD) by Greenwood fans and half a page of humility and good football talk by a couple of SS posters.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 01:52:31 pm
I don't know either. I liked it though. Hey we made it to the second page. A page and a half of chest thumping and horn blowing (RD) by Greenwood fans and half a page of humility and good football talk by a couple of SS posters.

Looks like but I don't know about all the humility from SS posters, tho.....lol  :)   

PrivateLesson

And notice I said New Scoreboard not Magic Scoreboard.... ;D

RD™

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 01:49:12 pm
I sent ya a PM....something weird going on with my account

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 01:52:31 pm

Unfortunately I think SS has forgotten how to play football they are getting completely dominated on both sides of ball. SS QB not getting much help from his receivers on a couple of nice wide open balls behind the secondary. Sorry 7A but this is painful to watch how far the FS programs have slipped.

Hornet4ever

Sounds like the Rebels... Errrr Mavericks.... are playing well tonight.

7AFBFAN

Wow this is fun to watch. GW should be overall number 1. The best GW team I have seen.

PrivateLesson

I like to watch and enjoy a good football game to which both sides have fun. 

I'm not sure what happens to certain teams other than it seems to happen in cycles, or new coach changes etc. 

The Future

Quote from: The Future on September 06, 2017, 11:07:08 am
There was a time this woulda brought in 10 plus pages with thousands of visits and trash talkin and insults and guarantees and everything in between. Now we'll be lucky if we hit 3 pages.

Greenwood by 28 at least.
And a bold prediction. Just like last week against NS, Greenwood will hold Southside to a scoreless first half.

Won't see much if any talk from the Maverick Faithful. Might as well everyone post their score predictions and wait til Friday night and see who came closest.

Called it.

Goose egg for the first half for the Mavs.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 08:07:28 pm
Wow this is fun to watch. GW should be overall number 1. The best GW team I have seen.

SS like NS looks, young inexperienced ...SS QB needs to keep chunking  it and those receivers need to make some catches for him. Mercy rule be in effect start second half so don't see s HB type comeback in second half but expect SS still to show some fight even down 42.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2017, 08:15:38 pm
SS like NS looks, young inexperienced ...SS QB needs to keep chunking  it and those receivers need to make some catches for him. Mercy rule be in effect start second half so don't see s HB type comeback in second half but expect SS still to show some fight even down 42.

They needed to fight earlier to make this any kind of competitive game. I don't see the effort tonight. Better competition in my opinion this week. If GW doesn't take overall number 1 this year it won't ever happen outside of 7A. It is painful to see my team play this way but definitely fun watching Noland and Holt show.

PrivateLesson

Greenwood and PA should try to play each other.

RD™

PrivateLesson

RD™

I didn't block him...my message settings had everyone blocked. Haven't used PM in a loooooooooong time

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 06, 2017, 09:53:43 pm
Two words, Taye Gatewood....

Legit dual threat QB.

Threw for three touchdowns last week and ran for one.

Over 350 yards passing and over 400 yards of total offense.

After watching the game film from Greenwood versus Northside, Bulldog defense may be better than the offense. But neither is better than  Harber was.

If the Mavericks tackle better this week it should be a game.
Nice call, yeaaaaaaah!

High Voltage

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 07, 2017, 04:49:05 am
Two words, John Womack.....

Greenwood's defense AND offense are BOTH better than Har-Ber's.

The only thing the Maverick's might tackle better this week are their emotions. Southside and Baitshop will both fight back tears after getting blanked in the first half en-route to a mercy rule victory by the Greenwood Bulldogs as the Bulldogs make a strong bid for the #1 overalll team in the state.

Baitshop needs to stick to his "bacon awarness" campaign and slinging hash, for he knoweth nothing about about football. Southside's offense sputters to less than 200 yds total offense and Greenwood's lowly offense makes the Southside defense look like a piece of double punched Swiss cheese.

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Okay, I don't care, but that was funny!

High Voltage

It is amazing to me at how bad the Fort Smith programs are. They need to scrap everything and start over. :-*

jeffslilbro

The koolaid drinking gauntlet walking fairies in a rout!

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 08:07:28 pm
+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 08, 2017, 09:11:56 pm
Thanks High Voltage!

GO BULLDOGS!

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2017, 08:01:19 pm
Unfortunately I think SS has forgotten how to play football they are getting completely dominated on both sides of ball. SS QB not getting much help from his receivers on a couple of nice wide open balls behind the secondary. Sorry 7A but this is painful to watch how far the FS programs have slipped.

Thanks for the kind words. It is painful to see on the field as a fan of many years but even more painful to see as a parent and to hear some of what goes on behind the scenes. The sad part It appears status quo is acceptable. Anyway enough on that. Greenwood has a special team this year. I pray they all stay healthy and win state this year. I am in their camp for overall 1.

7AFBFAN

Oh yeah I said Harber who in an earlier post. Now I mean it. Harber who? Ha

Pr8hd

September 08, 2017, 10:41:04 pm #79 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:48:58 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2017, 10:29:51 pm
Thanks for the kind words. It is painful to see on the field as a fan of many years but even more painful to see as a parent and to hear some of what goes on behind the scenes. The sad part It appears status quo is acceptable. Anyway enough on that. Greenwood has a special team this year. I pray they all stay healthy and win state this year. I am in their camp for overall 1.

I can't help but think what great games we had in 2012 and 2013. Those were exciting to watch and very competitive mostly. Even 2014 and and 2015 games were better more competitive. SS and NS are programs that need to be good...there was a time one of them was the state champ every year and back then it seems they played each other for the title often. Also, the scores would have been reversed against GW and/or GW would never have played them.

Times change I guess. I can emphasize with the disappointment even though my words sometimes are biting on here or pompous. Really, I tried to stir the pot some to generate what used to be but the pot is only good when both bring some ingredients to it and right now, its just mediocre, bland seasoning and lukewarm. Next up, Alma another one that has become mundane to a large degree. Someone tells me this is how it was going to be in 2004 with those 3 teams, I would have never believed it. Good luck next week Mavs. You just ran into a buzzsaw tonight, even if bragging or full of blue kool aid , GW is pretty salty. They just have to finish, which is something we haven't done the last 2 years. 

7AFBFAN

Thank you sir. I keep hearing salty. I think spicy is more like it. Salt with a kick.  ;D

Baitshop

Congrats to CRJ, the Bulldog players and fans. My Reb...
Err...Mavericks ran into another buzzsaw tonite. Lots of work to be done in north Sebastian County. Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the way. We need another SC trophy in the River Valley.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 09, 2017, 12:35:38 am
Err...Mavericks ran into another buzzsaw tonite. Lots of work to be done in north Sebastian County. Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the way. We need another SC trophy in the River Valley.
+1, and I mean lot's of work to be done!

bulldogger15

+1

Pr8hd

+1 to both Bait and 7A

One thing you can never say about Bait and 7A is they always come back and offer congrats win or lose, no matter how hard the venom gets thrown at times. No blaming kids, finger pointing, what ifs, claims of bad officiating, etc. I would have liked a more competitive game but with same result- a Bulldog win. Sometimes blowouts can be fascist and boring. THe W's are still pretty nice though :)

Unfortunately, I expect more of the same in the Alma swan song next week.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 09, 2017, 07:27:01 am
+1 to both Bait and 7A

One thing you can never say about Bait and 7A is they always come back and offer congrats win or lose, no matter how hard the venom gets thrown at times. No blaming kids, finger pointing, what ifs, claims of bad officiating, etc. I would have liked a more competitive game but with same result- a Bulldog win. Sometimes blowouts can be fascist and boring. THe W's are still pretty nice though :)

Unfortunately, I expect more of the same in the Alma swan song next week.
Dang it Pr8hd, this is a football forum. Your bromance with the boys from the north can resume in approximately 11 weeks. Let's get it together before conference starts sister.

The Dixie Belles were the best thing Southside had going for them last night. By a long shot...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

fanofbulldogger15

Sorry if superiority due to continued success that was/is earned by consistent hard work (on and off the field) is offensive to you.....just have a seat in the corner and suck your thumb, North Sebastian County BABIES.....we got work to do! 

And, please delete the Riddell helmet company from your contacts list, seems the new helmets that were about to be ordered for the MAVS (due to head swelling) won't be needed afterall!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

The Future

Dang. How many accounts can one person have??
I have a hard enough time remembering my password for my one account.

fanofbulldogger15

1 account per fan so don't go being a rebel......are we still allowed to use that word?

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on September 09, 2017, 02:46:27 pm
Dang. How many accounts can one person have??
I have a hard enough time remembering my password for my one account.
I didn't create another account, but I do think I created a monster. Lol

Hopefully, we can keep the good karma train going in Greenwood. The Bulldogs have a very special team and will do very well as long as they stay healthy.

Coach Jones is excited and is finally back to his style of play. The Greenwood QB will gain most of his yards scrambling and not from called QB runs.

I would put our D linemen Womack and Webb up against any D linemen in the state. They do not disappoint.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

fanofbulldogger15

D line is strong, QB can scramble and throw, it's going to be a great year!

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 08, 2017, 09:11:56 pm
Funny and 100% correct on all counts, including Baitshop sticking to slinging hash.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

TTofGreenwood

Baitshop

September 13, 2017, 06:20:12 am #93 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:40:04 am by Baitshop
Look who's back....the Bulldogs must be on another win streak?  #notafterrussvegas/pinebluffx2/eldo

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 13, 2017, 06:20:12 am
Look who's back....the Bulldogs must be on another win streak?  #notafterrussvegas/pinebluffx2/eldo
Stay in yo lane Baitshop. Back to the grease pit.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas