• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton vs. Prescott in Kickoff Classic

Started by CoolBreeze, August 21, 2017, 12:06:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Hampton
11 (15.1%)
Prescott
62 (84.9%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: August 30, 2017, 12:06:43 pm

CoolBreeze

What are the chances that 2A Hampton will topple mighty Prescott on Tuesday?

Will the underdog pull off the upset? Or will C-Wolves administer an old-fashioned beatdown?

BigLion10

WorkOrder

Proud Buckaroo

Lumberjackfan1978

KOJACK

sickwillie

I don't believe it is going to be as bad as you all think. Hampton will be able to hold their own.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 21, 2017, 12:10:01 pm
Curley Wolves fly high in this one
Didn't put much thought into this one huh?

trojanman

wont be close...mercy rule early 4th quarter

dawgpound

I like your way of thinking Trojan dawgs by a lot LOUD AND PROUD

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on August 22, 2017, 12:52:12 pm
Didn't put much thought into this one huh?
Good one, Oldman. flying high would be more fitting for Eagles or a similar mascot. A description more suited to Prescott might be Wolves devour Bulldogs.

BigLion10

Jimbo Morphis

dirtysteve

GrindTime

dawgpound

Ashdown that good or is Prescott down a little

hogdiggity

Quote from: dawgpound on August 23, 2017, 07:06:46 am
Ashdown that good or is Prescott down a little

It wasn't as close as this score indicates.  Prescott only scored once on Ashdown's varsity and that was with all starting DBs subbed out.  The second half was JV only and Prescott scored on Ashdown's JV once.  Ashdown should have a good year, but Prescott was unimpressive. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 23, 2017, 08:52:38 am
It wasn't as close as this score indicates.  Prescott only scored once on Ashdown's varsity and that was with all starting DBs subbed out.  The second half was JV only and Prescott scored on Ashdown's JV once.  Ashdown should have a good year, but Prescott was unimpressive.
Could make things much more interesting in 3A this year.

KOJACK

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 23, 2017, 08:52:38 am
LOL... The only part of that whose statement that isn't false is that Prescott's JV scored on Ashdown's JV once.

Da Truff

Close game for a half maybe even 3 quarters, Prescott will pull away late in the game.  If I remember right the Hampton's Jr. class went undefeated in JR High two years ago didn't they?? 

Delta_Bravo

Yes and save your "that was only Jr high we all know how it works. This Hampton team is good. Not as flashy as last year but full of good strong football players. I'm ready get this season underway.

SOUTHARK99

How much does Prescott need to win bye for it to not be embarrassing for them?

dawgpound

If Prescott can stay within 2 tds of Hampton Prescott shouldn't be to embarrassed

AmSycho

Its getting deep in here.  8) 8) What'd I do with my waders?

gooze55

Quote from: dawgpound on August 24, 2017, 02:08:15 pm
If Prescott can stay within 2 tds of Hampton Prescott shouldn't be to embarrassed
stooooop

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: dawgpound on August 24, 2017, 02:08:15 pm
The MAYO of Hampton!!!!

SOUTHARK99

I say Prescott wins but Hampton keeps it closer than most seem to think. Prescott 35-21

Dr. Defense

This one could be close for a half but Prescott will pull away late. Should win by 35+. Hampton will be a good team in their district and should make a little noise in the playoffs

CoolBreeze

August 25, 2017, 09:30:59 am #28 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:28:18 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 24, 2017, 12:12:39 pm
Yes and save your "that was only Jr high we all know how it works. This Hampton team is good. Not as flashy as last year but full of good strong football players. I'm ready get this season underway.
Don't forget. Hampton is last year's 2A runner-up and beat a strong Fordyce team by 4 touchdowns. They might not be the pushover so many seem to think.

Carljung

I've got this one a lot closer than some people are saying. After watching the Prescott/Ashdown scrimmage, I'm not sure if Prescott is as solid as some are saying.

sickwillie

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on August 24, 2017, 01:34:14 pm
How much does Prescott need to win bye for it to not be embarrassing for them?

by*

BM22

HeadBussa08

anytime these two play its a good ball game kind of reminds me of 2003 when we played. my new score prediction is 14-0 Prescott. Wont be a blowout Hampton is a tough ball club.

Curleywolf Fan

I remember going to Hampton in the early 80's when they were ranked No.1 in the State in AA and Prescott shut them out by a score I think was around 24 to 0.

brock

How did Hampton look in their scrimmage?

old.dole

Was 03 the last time Hampton was real good? That was their coach's senior year right?

dawgpound

Yes other than last year and jr high teams the last few years

gooze55

Quote from: old.dole on August 27, 2017, 02:44:33 pm
Was 03 the last time Hampton was real good? That was their coach's senior year right?
wrong  02

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: gooze55 on August 27, 2017, 03:15:49 pm
wrong  02

Wrong. 2003 was one of their best seasons. Wes was a senior. He played FB/LB. He was a hoss. He never left the field. He even played special teams.

gooze55

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 27, 2017, 05:06:42 pm
Wrong. 2003 was one of their best seasons. Wes was a senior. He played FB/LB. He was a hoss. He never left the field. He even played special teams.
wrong again Hampton  was a game away from little rock n 02 they beat JC with those all state runningback kevin panye and Lorenzo lee for the conf.. title look it up

Wile E. Coyote

dawgpound

Wes finished in 03 it was fall of 02 the best team was 01 tho

old.dole

dawgpound

Who said u was wrong for asking a question

ghoti

August 28, 2017, 05:47:12 pm #44 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:48:58 pm by ghoti
Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on August 27, 2017, 01:10:08 am
I remember going to Hampton in the early 80's when they were ranked No.1 in the State in AA and Prescott shut them out by a score I think was around 24 to 0.
they were ranked pretty high for our 1983 homecoming. i had 8 carries for 84 yards. sometimes i was hard to tackle lol!!!!

HorseFeathers

dawgpound

dawg_days

It is D-Day for the wolves !!! See yall in Magnolia

KOJACK

Quote from: dawg_days on August 29, 2017, 09:58:33 am
It is D-Day for the wolves !!! See yall in Magnolia
Such big talk from a fan that didn't even have varsity football 2 years ago...after tonight you guys will be back to reality.

dawgpound

Have you watched Prescott play this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas