• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Alma Swan Song in 2017

Started by Brian G, August 13, 2017, 08:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 15, 2017, 11:37:00 pm
Well, looking at your recent playoff record and according to your thought process, CRJ seems to be being passed up by multiple schools coaching staffs too...

#russvegas/PineBluffx2/Eldo

#russvegasfirstchampionshipEVER

#callmewhenyouwinagaininthe6A

#PAaintskeered

#BrokenBow=PoteauLite
And again, where does that put Southside? At least Greenwood can make it to the finals. When was the last time Southside made it to the finals? A better question would be, will Southside make the playoffs this year? Baitshop, just face it brother, stick to Benson's. Great place to eat. But leave football outta Yo vocab man. The Mav's are just not a football school anymore. It's done, over, done, stick to B-ball or B-ball or hockey, golf. Just not football. I can tell this is getting to ya man. I will let it rest. And for the record, Southside will not win 7A, could not win 6A, could not win 5A and might not win 4A. Charleston might beat you in 3A! That is scary at how far the mighty Mav's have fallen. And the fans just sit on their hands and do nothing. Just let it happen while the poor kids suffer because the adults in Fort Smith can't even keep a mascot much less get their football program back on track. Lazy people!

jeffslilbro

Almahasbeen

I know the game is over, but I wanna say. That game got scary in the beginning and then exciting towards the middle! I was very proud with how the Airedale boys fought! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Connor Nolan is the real deal! I've been watching football a long time and I've seen some ELITE athletes. I have never seen someone so comfortable in the pocket! Great football team Greenwood has! And I was just having a little fun with the strongly dislike comment! Thank you Greenwood for many memories!

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 16, 2017, 12:00:44 am
And again, where does that put Southside? At least Greenwood can make it to the finals. When was the last time Southside made it to the finals? A better question would be, will Southside make the playoffs this year? Baitshop, just face it brother, stick to Benson's. Great place to eat. But leave football outta Yo vocab man. The Mav's are just not a football school anymore. It's done, over, done, stick to B-ball or B-ball or hockey, golf. Just not football. I can tell this is getting to ya man. I will let it rest. And for the record, Southside will not win 7A, could not win 6A, could not win 5A and might not win 4A. Charleston might beat you in 3A! That is scary at how far the mighty Mav's have fallen. And the fans just sit on their hands and do nothing. Just let it happen while the poor kids suffer because the adults in Fort Smith can't even keep a mascot much less get their football program back on track. Lazy people!
Lazy people, fake news......

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

September 16, 2017, 04:50:58 am #254 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:04:52 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: jeffslilbro on September 16, 2017, 12:13:36 am
Game over. Move on

The game and series may be over for now but the rivalry that has been built over decades is not.    That is and will be a part of these athletes lives forever.  Many are friends.   It's instilled since birth for some.   It's what fuels the fire of determination to win.   It's what makes sports so much fun.  I've heard stories from my parents games and they still can get fired up a little over games gone by....lol!   The version of what happened in certain games, refs, fans and the outcome lives on in memories.   

I seen a tweet by Chip Souza that stated he hated to see the series end between Alma and Greenwood.   I think many agree. 

PrivateLesson

Can you imagine if Coach Vines was still Coaching what would happen?     

Pr8hd

Hats off to Alma for giving the Bulldogs a harder fought game than many expected. For the first time in awhile, Alma had some fight in them and that says a lot especially after being down early 21-0 in the 1st qtr. I didn't go to or watch this one, but if the series had to end at least it ended without a total drubbing. Alma showed more resolve than NS or SS and that's what has made the rivalry good for the most part since 1975. So, I will give some kudos to CDL, staff and players. Perhaps, we will be conference foes yet again if the talk about the new LR school occurs and we got pushed back to 5A. Best of luck the rest of the way. 

Hornet4ever

Kudos to Alma for actually making this a game, after Southside and Northside got demolished the last two weeks I didn't expect that.

High Voltage

Quote from: Almahasbeen on September 16, 2017, 01:35:51 am
I know the game is over, but I wanna say. That game got scary in the beginning and then exciting towards the middle! I was very proud with how the Airedale boys fought! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Connor Nolan is the real deal! I've been watching football a long time and I've seen some ELITE athletes. I have never seen someone so comfortable in the pocket! Great football team Greenwood has! And I was just having a little fun with the strongly dislike comment! Thank you Greenwood for many memories!
+1

catfish1

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 16, 2017, 06:51:47 am
Kudos to Alma for actually making this a game, after Southside and Northside got demolished the last two weeks I didn't expect that.
+1

chickenplucker

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 16, 2017, 06:25:31 am
Hats off to Alma for giving the Bulldogs a harder fought game than many expected. For the first time in awhile, Alma had some fight in them and that says a lot especially after being down early 21-0 in the 1st qtr. I didn't go to or watch this one, but if the series had to end at least it ended without a total drubbing. Alma showed more resolve than NS or SS and that's what has made the rivalry good for the most part since 1975. So, I will give some kudos to CDL, staff and players. Perhaps, we will be conference foes yet again if the talk about the new LR school occurs and we got pushed back to 5A. Best of luck the rest of the way.
+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 16, 2017, 06:25:31 am
+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 16, 2017, 06:51:47 am
+1 At least the Airedales went out fighting.

AT

My thoughts:

bulldogger, your boy looks great out there. I'm glad he's a Razorback. Some pin point passes. His interception was a bit of a desperation throw on 3rd down and a great play by the Alma CB. Connor also used his feet very well. The Wood kid had huge gains on the ground against Alma again, too.

It was a strange game. I just was shocked as I was watching the game that Alma actually had the ball in Greenwood territory down 34-28 in the 3rd quarter and were one trick play being executed well away from taking the lead.

That being said, I'm very proud of the Airedales. Coach L and the other coaches really did a great job with the boys mentally and physically to lead up to this for them not to fold.

Couldn't really run the ball. Womack was in the backfield quite a bit. I believe we had to go away from some plays just because of him.

Grayson Bailey made the Bulldogs not have to only cover Brayden ( who had his big play of his own).

I like the little kink we put in the running game this week. I'll be interested in seeing if we see the same thing. I don't want to be too specific on here.

Greenwood was smooth and hitting on all cylinders when they got up 21-0 without even half the first quarter passing. Alma then made some tough plays to make it a shootout.

Only weaknesses for Greenwood: If the Greenwood bull rush doesn't get to the QB, a headsy one can extend it and make the Bulldogs pay deep or even with his legs.

I don't mean to make this a "These Bulldogs are thugs!" type post. But this game was uncharacteristic for Bulldog teams. Personal fouls and some strange decisions after the plays. Rick Jones teams are usually very disciplined and I'm sure they usually are or will be. But bad penalties helped Alma, also.

Great job, Greenwood. I hope the series picks up again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas