• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predicting the New Conferences

Started by Ice Water, August 02, 2017, 12:31:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Water

Following the passing of the new proposal, I thought I'd take a shot at predicting the next cycle's conferences. I believe 2A will contain the 65 schools listed below. I used the structure that requires 8 leagues and each league must contain 8 schools, plus the one group of 9. This was a little smoother than my attempt at 1A. Below is the best I could settle on. Let me hear what you would do differently.

Northwest: Decatur, HH-Bentonville, Haas Hall, AAA, Eureka, Mountianburg, Lavaca, Hackett

West: Magazine, JC Westside, Danville, Hector, Bigelow, Nemo, St Joseph, Conway Christian

North: Yellville, Flippin, Cotter, Salem, Melbourne, SSBB, Quitman, Pangburn, WCC

Northeast: Sloan Hendrix, Marmaduke, Rector, Bay, Riverside, BIC, Marked Tree, EPC

East: Des Arc, Clarendon, McCrory, Cross County, Earle, Marianna, Barton, Kipp Delta

Central: Hazen, Carlisle, England, Maumelle Charter, Poyen, Magnet Cove, CMS, Mtn Pine

Southwest: Acorn, Mt Ida, Dierks, Murfreesboro, Gurdon, Spring Hill, Foreman, Horatio

Southeast: Lafayette, Parkers Chapel, Junction City, CHG, Bearden, Hampton, Fordyce, Woodlawn

BigLion10

Those actually look really well AAA should take notice lol

PapaHog

RATTLER43

MomaLion

Ice Water

dentist15

Agreed, those look pretty good. Though Lavaca and Hackett have traditionally been in the same conference as Magazine, JC Westside and Danville.....but I can't see any trade-offs or reorganization that would make any better sense than what you have already lined out for the West, Northwest, and North.

b-ball fan

Any ideas when these will be officially announced. I'm interested to see where everyone falls

old.dole

Everything in the southern part of the state looks pretty solid

PapaHog

Idk about SouthWest. Seem like good matchups, but also looks like a lot of travel for some teams.

redrider30

Makes way too much sense. AAA will have 7 in some, 8 in some, 9 in some. Whatever they decide on will make no sense.

Ctucker

The new conferences are out want have to guess any more!

old.dole

That 2a-8 is going to be a blood bath

PapaHog

Ice Water

Well my predictions were nowhere close. Though I can't say I'm surprised. A few initial thoughts:

- Why does each league not have 8 schools? I understand going to 7 or 9 in certain cases to make a conference nice and tidy, but I would call any of these leagues nice and tidy.
- I really don't understand sending Cotter/Flippin/YS to NWA rather than the north central part of the state along with Salem/Melbourne. That also would've allowed the NWA schools to travel down I49 and then have another league along the eastern half of I40.
- How in the world are they going to match Regions?

bluegrassboy75

September 07, 2017, 08:22:27 am #15 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:24:06 am by bluegrassboy75
Quote from: Ice Water on September 06, 2017, 08:13:07 pm

- How in the world are they going to match Regions?

Here is my guesses on Regionals:

2A-1 vs 2A-4
2A-3 vs 2A-6
2A-5N vs 2A-5S
2A-7 vs 2A-8

MikelB

Quote from: Ctucker on September 06, 2017, 06:55:24 pm
The new conferences are out want have to guess any more!

Where can they be found?

BigLion10

AAA Website, or on the killer crossover section at the top

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas