• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a Fan Top Ten---Vote

Started by HorseFeathers, July 26, 2017, 04:14:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Same ole same ole....but for those that are new.

No limit of votes cast from a school. Troll attempts won't count this year.(Voting Marvell at #1etc). And all votes HAVE to be cast in this thread this year...as I'm to lazy to dig through my inbox and sort through the 2a pick'em messages to find these votes.

Open Until August 15th

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 26, 2017, 04:14:37 pm
Same ole same ole....but for those that are new.

No limit of votes cast from a school. Troll attempts won't count this year.(Voting Marvell at #1etc). And all votes HAVE to be cast in this thread this year...as I'm to lazy to dig through my inbox and sort through the 2a pick'em messages to find these votes.

Open Until August 15th

I like it! Keeping them honest too. Now we know how biased everyone is this way too  ;D .... Now it's all out in the open.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 26, 2017, 04:22:55 pm
I like it! Keeping them honest too. Now we know how biased everyone is this way too  ;D .... Now it's all out in the open.

We all know mountain view has the trophy in their case anyway, the season and "top 10" are just a formality to keep us busy until basketball season 8)

MynameisJeff

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 26, 2017, 04:37:12 pm
We all know mountain view has the trophy in their case anyway, the season and "top 10" are just a formality to keep us busy until basketball season 8)

He already showed up right after you haha....

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MynameisJeff on July 26, 2017, 05:26:13 pm
1. MOUNTAIN VIEW
Maybe in touch football. Isn't that what they play in Mtn View?

Coltfan2005

dragondad

Skip Baymore

OK.  I guess I'll kick it off HorseFeathers.

This is Skip's official Pre-Season Top Ten "Special Edition."  The "Special Edition"  includes mascot names along with an uninformative comment to accompany each team.

1.   Prescott Curley Wolves.   (Not quite as potent as last year but should definitely be considered the boss coming in).
2.   Charleston Tigers.   (Also not as good but should still be a boss.  Just maybe not The boss).
3.   Junction City Dragons.  (Don't have a feel for JC this year.  Kind of going strictly by others here.  Don't usually do
      that).
4.   Glen Rose Beavers.  (Put G.R. somewhere in the 4-8 spot and you will almost always be right).
5.   Harding Academy Wildcats.  (Some mystery here.  Improved from last year at majority of positions.  Could be
      very good).
6.   RiverCrest Colts.  (Put RiverCrest somewhere in the 4-8 spot and you will almost always be right.  Sometimes
      they trick you though and are better).
7.   H. Harmony Grove Cardinals.  (Good team for sure.  Its a shame they have to be in there with Prescott and G.R.
      this particular year).
8.   Fordyce Redbugs.  (Always a strange team to me.  Could lose 3 games or play for the championship (or both).
9.   Smackover Buckaroos.  (Some mystery here also.  The Bucks more likely to be better than people think than
      not as good).
10. Piggott Mohawks.  (Should be strong.  Need to do some studying up on Piggott though.  Had to look at Hootens to
      see what there mascot was).

Next 5 in no order:    Newport Greyhounds (would have been in my top ten three weeks ago),  Clinton Yellow Jackets,
Bald Knob Bulldogs,  Atkins Red Devils,  Cedar Ridge Timberwolves.

papaeagle

TU skip and good assessment. Only thing is that in the "other" 5 at the bottom, I would have Paris there too, certainly ahead of Atkins and Cedar Ridge.. Eagles do soar high you know... ;D   
As usual, south AR for some reason is strong again. Charleston puzzles me this year. Their tradition and coaching always seems to come thru in the clutch... Coach Kendrick is a great motivator for sure. But from what I heard from locals there, they will be "down" this year. Heck, that might mean second in the conference and then win 2-3 playoff games. Any town would accept that!!  ;)

Skip Baymore

August 01, 2017, 11:58:47 pm #10 Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:14:58 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: papaeagle on August 01, 2017, 08:06:21 am
TU skip and good assessment. Only thing is that in the "other" 5 at the bottom, I would have Paris there too, certainly ahead of Atkins and Cedar Ridge.. Eagles do soar high you know... ;D   
As usual, south AR for some reason is strong again. Charleston puzzles me this year. Their tradition and coaching always seems to come thru in the clutch... Coach Kendrick is a great motivator for sure. But from what I heard from locals there, they will be "down" this year. Heck, that might mean second in the conference and then win 2-3 playoff games. Any town would accept that!!  ;)

Everything you say makes sense papaeagle.  Cedar Ridge was the last team I through in there (a coming up team that returns a ton of starters), but was mulling over Paris and Elkins.   Still don't know if Paris lost their starting
QB?   I do think Chucktown is still a huge favorite to win the conference but it wouldn't surprise me a lot if they don't turn out to be number 2 in the poll.  Im starting them there until proven otherwise.  My week 3 poll will prob. look a lot different from this one.  :D

Truthfully

Getting excited. In just 3 1/2 weeks some games will be upon us, then full swing first Friday in September. Good poll comments Mr. Skip. Bet it does change a lot by the first 3 weeks of games. Never know about 16-18 year old young men, who will show up on Friday.  ;) ,
Truthfully

Skip Baymore

Thank you sir and me too.   In my 40's and have a teenager who I'm not even sure is going to show up for breakfast.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Skip Baymore on August 01, 2017, 12:19:05 am
OK.  I guess I'll kick it off HorseFeathers.

This is Skip's official Pre-Season Top Ten "Special Edition."  The "Special Edition"  includes mascot names along with an uninformative comment to accompany each team.

1.   Prescott Curley Wolves.   (Not quite as potent as last year but should definitely be considered the boss coming in).
2.   Charleston Tigers.   (Also not as good but should still be a boss.  Just maybe not The boss).
3.   Junction City Dragons.  (Don't have a feel for JC this year.  Kind of going strictly by others here.  Don't usually do
      that).
4.   Glen Rose Beavers.  (Put G.R. somewhere in the 4-8 spot and you will almost always be right).
5.   Harding Academy Wildcats.  (Some mystery here.  Improved from last year at majority of positions.  Could be
      very good).
6.   RiverCrest Colts.  (Put RiverCrest somewhere in the 4-8 spot and you will almost always be right.  Sometimes
      they trick you though and are better).
7.   H. Harmony Grove Cardinals.  (Good team for sure.  Its a shame they have to be in there with Prescott and G.R.
      this particular year).
8.   Fordyce Redbugs.  (Always a strange team to me.  Could lose 3 games or play for the championship (or both).
9.   Smackover Buckaroos.  (Some mystery here also.  The Bucks more likely to be better than people think than
      not as good).
10. Piggott Mohawks.  (Should be strong.  Need to do some studying up on Piggott though.  Had to look at Hootens to
      see what there mascot was).

Next 5 in no order:    Newport Greyhounds (would have been in my top ten three weeks ago),  Clinton Yellow Jackets,
Bald Knob Bulldogs,  Atkins Red Devils,  Cedar Ridge Timberwolves.

Guess this is the preseason Fan Top 10 for 3A....

Skip Baymore

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 16, 2017, 02:44:07 pm
Guess this is the preseason Fan Top 10 for 3A....

Its becoming clear to me now HorseFeathers.   I probably shouldn't have gone first.  A lot of the fans on here are football savvy and recognize a work of art when they see one, even with Cedar Ridge getting a mention (this might bring in some more polls if youre still taking them).  It does look like a few tried to submit polls, but on the wrong thread.  Skip.

sprained ankle

Better not overlook those kids from Newport

panther07

Quote from: sprained ankle on August 24, 2017, 03:12:00 pm
Better not overlook those kids from Newport

Didn't look all that great this past Tuesday.  Did some good things, but looked incredibly sloppy.  IMO

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on August 24, 2017, 06:36:13 pm
Didn't look all that great this past Tuesday.  Did some good things, but looked incredibly sloppy.  IMO
Of course that's what scrimmages are for. To find the bugs and work them out before the season starts.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 25, 2017, 09:32:24 am
Of course that's what scrimmages are for. To find the bugs and work them out before the season starts.

Sure. But teams who weren't as sloppy will already be a good bit ahead of that curve.

Bigred18

Newport is the team many people overlook but my personal opinion they are a better team versus some of these other schools in 3a. From what I've seen if Newport doesn't make a long playoff run this season their now Jr class will make sure of it next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas