• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Camps

Started by Gray lizard, July 25, 2017, 09:10:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

What are the benefits of all the team camps?  Why the move from 7 on 7.  I notice they wear helmets and shoulder pads.  I know noting about 7 on 7 or team camps.  They did not exist back in my day.  I have never been to either and was wondering what goes on.  I know they seem to have several schools in attendance.

ghostoffootballpast

More game like conditions is the big thing.  7 on 7 is good for some things but team camp is more complete.  Offensively you use linemen and you can run the football in addition to working the passing game. Defensively you use linemen and can work all your defensive schemes, including the blitz. It's real football. It also means your entire team, all members, can participate.

Gray lizard

So kind of like 3/4 football?  Do they tackle to the ground?

Nacho

Personally, I think it helps get the boys acclimated to the weather. This may sound like an old person sayin' (which I am) but they aren't as tough as they used to be...lot of tent visits for water...Come September they need to be ready to go.

Gray lizard

I agree I think the young men are stronger now, but nothing like putting up 800 to 1,000 square bales a day.  That will get you ready for the season.

RZback

Done both.  Nothing like weight room for maxing your strenght.  Bailing hay and lugging it around for 8-12 hours a day all summer will get you used to the heat and in overall good shape.  Weight room and summer conditioning program is the way to go.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas