• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What team or teams you confident will not win it all

Started by bearbacker52, July 12, 2017, 06:28:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

Im being lazy and don't want to dig.... who is the qb going to be for warren this year?  The backup from last year?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on July 17, 2017, 08:38:59 am
Think Burks had 3 or 4 catches for 90 yards. Daniels was very good in that one, and was doing it banged up. Warren will miss him.

They'll miss Lassiter more IMO.

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 17, 2017, 09:20:25 am
Im being lazy and don't want to dig.... who is the qb going to be for warren this year?  The backup from last year?

Yes

STUNNA

Quote from: prHOG13 on July 17, 2017, 08:38:59 am
Think Burks had 3 or 4 catches for 90 yards. Daniels was very good in that one, and was doing it banged up. Warren will miss him.

Burks did go over 100 yards.

BM22

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 17, 2017, 09:25:55 am
They'll miss Lassiter more IMO.
I am right there with you. I couldn't help but notice some parallel's between last years Nashville squad and this years Warren team.

Scrappers go into last season (2016) as reigning state champs after going 15-0 in 2015. They were the preseason #1 team in 4A. They had 6/5 returning starters, but graduated all state QB Snell and all state DE Stewart. They were big favorites to repeat as state champs last year. Nash rolled to an 11-0 record before getting knocked off by PR in the playoffs.

Warren comes into this season as reigning state champs after going 15-0, which only a handfull of teams have done. The Jacks also come into this season as the preseason #1 squad and also are big favorites to repeat as state champs. They return 7/6 starters after losing graduated all state QB and 4A DEF Player of the year Lassiter and all state RB Daniels.

Gonna be interesting to see how the season plays out. Will the Jacks run roughshod over their opponents to another state title or will we experience a little " deja vu"?

OLDSCHOOL82

I have very limited info as I only watched the kid basically in warm ups against prarie grove last season in playoffs.  Warren will miss lassiter deeply!

AirWarren

No predictions by any means. But I think we will be ok. I mean, we barely field a team every year. So I imagine finding a quarterback is 10x harder than most 4a teams.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2017, 11:27:11 am
No predictions by any means. But I think we will be ok. I mean, we barely field a team every year. So I imagine finding a quarterback is 10x harder than most 4a teams.

Didn't say the ole lumberjacks would stink up the field.  Still have lots of weapons.  But, lassiter opened up many things with his legs and grit and passed well. Also great on d.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 17, 2017, 11:35:04 am
Didn't say the ole lumberjacks would stink up the field.  Still have lots of weapons.  But, lassiter opened up many things with his legs and grit and passed well. Also great on d.

He was like yall's qb in 2013. All over the field.

polksalet

Quote from: BM22 on July 17, 2017, 11:07:02 am
I am right there with you. I couldn't help but notice some parallel's between last years Nashville squad and this years Warren team.

Scrappers go into last season (2016) as reigning state champs after going 15-0 in 2015. They were the preseason #1 team in 4A. They had 6/5 returning starters, but graduated all state QB Snell and all state DE Stewart. They were big favorites to repeat as state champs last year. Nash rolled to an 11-0 record before getting knocked off by PR in the playoffs.

Warren comes into this season as reigning state champs after going 15-0, which only a handfull of teams have done. The Jacks also come into this season as the preseason #1 squad and also are big favorites to repeat as state champs. They return 7/6 starters after losing graduated all state QB and 4A DEF Player of the year Lassiter and all state RB Daniels.

Gonna be interesting to see how the season plays out. Will the Jacks run roughshod over their opponents to another state title or will we experience a little " deja vu"?

Nashville returned the most porous defense we ever
Had in my lifetime and mostly a new oline.

Warren returns likely the best lines in each side in 4a. Bigly difference there.

SUGARTOWN

All of those seniors on Nashville's O-line last year were first time starters? I know Adcock wasn't....

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 17, 2017, 11:35:04 am

This years qb will be fine. In my opinion he will be a more explosive runner than Lassiter and He will have possibly the best offensive line in 4A and best skill players in 4A led by the best player in the state.

polksalet

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 17, 2017, 01:15:21 pm
All of those seniors on Nashville's O-line last year were first time starters? I know Adcock wasn't....

I think 3 were

prHOG13

Quote from: STUNNA on July 17, 2017, 11:01:57 am
Burks did go over 100 yards.
No he didn't. He had 95 yards though I guess. Knew it was 3 or 4 catches for 90-something yards

http://fac.hsu.edu/mitchet/livestats/aaa/4a/xlive.htm

polksalet

Quote from: STUNNA on July 17, 2017, 01:27:33 pm
This years qb will be fine. In my opinion he will be a more explosive runner than Lassiter and He will have possibly the best offensive line in 4A and best skill players in 4A led by the best player in the state.

That's a very accurate statement. And he only has to score more points than the best defense in 4a gives up.

Trojanbird

With all that has been said about Warren let's just go ahead and crown them the 2017 champions!🏆

beach bum

Quote from: Trojanbird on July 17, 2017, 11:17:14 pm
With all that has been said about Warren let's just go ahead and crown them the 2017 champions!🏆

Well, they are going to hoist the trophy again.

dukes424

Won't happen losing Daniels and Lassiter will be huge.

STUNNA

Quote from: dukes424 on July 18, 2017, 07:48:01 am

Warren has never had an issue replacing quarterbacks or running backs. If the line is there they will be put in a situation to be successful. And yes they already have the best receiving core in 4A... o line just has to do its job.

AirWarren

They have been saying the jacks will have a tough time replacing the quarterback and running back since McKinney and Ingram graduated. 16 years later, the train is still rolling.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2017, 08:22:35 am
They have been saying the jacks will have a tough time replacing the quarterback and running back since McKinney and Ingram graduated. 16 years later, the train is still rolling.
https://youtu.be/gGw7gTve6cQ

nastynice

They will miss Lassiter but will still dominate everyone till the semis/finals.

Duke424, wishful hoping won't make Warren any weaker, I've tried it before.

What's up AW?  How's the world treating you?

AirWarren

Quote from: nastynice on July 18, 2017, 10:17:18 am
They will miss Lassiter but will still dominate everyone till the semis/finals.

Duke424, wishful hoping won't make Warren any weaker, I've tried it before.

What's up AW?  How's the world treating you?

Man I'm good. Hoping to meet up in a booneville vs Warren matchup. We got a score to settle of course ha.

What about you?

nastynice

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2017, 11:01:20 am
Man I'm good. Hoping to meet up in a booneville vs Warren matchup. We got a score to settle of course ha.

What about you?

Going great here. I'd sign off now if we could meet up again in the finals. Warren has a great chance if getting there, Booneville will be TONS better than last year but still young.......We'll see. 

prHOG13

Quote from: nastynice on July 18, 2017, 12:25:13 pm
Going great here. I'd sign off now if we could meet up again in the finals. Warren has a great chance if getting there, Booneville will be TONS better than last year but still young.......We'll see.
I'm really interested to see how improved Booneville will be this season. Knew they were young last season and we didn't get their best effort. Will be interesting playing Booneville on short rest after the Hamburg game on Monday.

OLDSCHOOL82

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2017, 02:17:31 pm
Y'all too?
Yep.  We've lost too many financial supporters since sam pulled the plug on his ff account.  Not economically feasible anymore. 

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 18, 2017, 02:21:53 pm
Yep.  We've lost too many financial supporters since sam pulled the plug on his ff account.  Not economically feasible anymore. 

Dollar general looks to be doing just fine. They need to get back on board.

Our post office is failing miserably. So no jobs there for "targets".

LJ06

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 18, 2017, 02:21:53 pm

Dang Dollar General jumped ship too? Tough times...

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2017, 02:57:08 pm
Dollar general looks to be doing just fine. They need to get back on board.

Our post office is failing miserably. So no jobs there for "targets".

Dollar tree has moved in on dollar generals turf!  Trimmed the budget.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 18, 2017, 02:58:17 pm
Dollar tree has moved in on dollar generals turf!  Trimmed the budget.

Ouch. With those kind of budget cuts, you'll have three deep in the backfield that can run instead of 5 deep.

bearbacker52

Quote from: prHOG13 on July 13, 2017, 10:07:58 am
I think they'll be solid, especially Malvern. Just don't see them contending for a title this year.

Just my worthless opinion, but I think the only teams with a shot at the title this year (in order):
1- Warren
2- Pea Ridge
3- Robinson
4- Arky
5- Prairie Grove
6- Shiloh
7- Stuttgart

what has happen to the empire of shiiloh?

tmycjy

Here some of mine team that will not win it all

Brookland
Arkansas prep
Gentry
Harrisburg
Subicao academy
Bauxite
Dewitt

prHOG13

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 25, 2017, 09:27:07 am
what has happen to the empire of shiiloh?
They're still good, just more talent at PG and PR the last few years. They had no size last year and didn't have many game breaker types on that roster. Shiloh's sophomore class has state title potential as they get older. PR and PG will fall back a bit next year and Shiloh will be the favorite in the 4A-1 next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas