• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A East 2017

Started by zebrafan, June 22, 2017, 12:33:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafan

Thoughts on how the conference race will end up? Jonesboro to me is the front runner some big time D1 ball players on there plus I believe they return a lot? Ricepig alittle help on how many yall have back on both sides of the ball?
Pine Bluff will more than likely go with the 10 grader at QB but the defense will be much improved and will have a nice group of skill players, my main concern is breaking in the new OL..big boys just unproven.

My predictions for 2017

1. Jonesboro
2. Pine Bluff
3. West Memphis
4. Searcy
5. Marion
6. Mountain Home
7. Jacksonville
8. LR Hall

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on June 22, 2017, 12:33:46 am
Thoughts on how the conference race will end up? Jonesboro to me is the front runner some big time D1 ball players on there plus I believe they return a lot? Ricepig alittle help on how many yall have back on both sides of the ball?
Pine Bluff will more than likely go with the 10 grader at QB but the defense will be much improved and will have a nice group of skill players, my main concern is breaking in the new OL..big boys just unproven.

My predictions for 2017

1. Jonesboro
2. Pine Bluff
3. West Memphis
4. Searcy
5. Marion
6. Mountain Home
7. Jacksonville
8. LR Hall

I'd say about 5/6 on both sides of the ball, but I'm not 100% sure. The OL and QB position should be good, but I think they'll have new WR's which is big in our offense. I'm pretty sure the RB's return as they were underclassmen last year. On defense LB's return and and a couple of DL, not sure in the secondary.

zebradynasty

I agree for the Z's it will be all about the OL. The good news is that as long as BB been here we have never had a "bad" OL, except maybe his first year. I also might put a question mark at RB. Last year Blair was our best rusher by far. They were young last year and at times didn't follow blocks well or make the right cuts. They looked bigger and stronger in the spring and they looked like they had some potential in Jr High but it's the big boys now. Still their success will fall back on the OL and since the coaching staff knows it....he's going to work the heck out of them this summer. Don't know about depth I did notice a lot of nice size kids this spring that could play DL or OL.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 22, 2017, 01:42:46 pm
I agree for the Z's it will be all about the OL. The good news is that as long as BB been here we have never had a "bad" OL, except maybe his first year. I also might put a question mark at RB. Last year Blair was our best rusher by far. They were young last year and at times didn't follow blocks well or make the right cuts. They looked bigger and stronger in the spring and they looked like they had some potential in Jr High but it's the big boys now. Still their success will fall back on the OL and since the coaching staff knows it....he's going to work the heck out of them this summer. Don't know about depth I did notice a lot of nice size kids this spring that could play DL or OL.
Not a whole lot of depth on the OL, I think the RBs will be better (Wilkins has progressed a lot since last year, also up to 200 pounds) and Moody is a solid RB too. Our WRs will be solid, the defensive line will be fairly strong rotating 6/7guys all with experience...I like the fact that we got the big boy Thurman back (6'3 300) he is a nice plug in the middle...something we didn't have last year.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on June 22, 2017, 04:41:59 pm
Not a whole lot of depth on the OL, I think the RBs will be better (Wilkins has progressed a lot since last year, also up to 200 pounds) and Moody is a solid RB too. Our WRs will be solid, the defensive line will be fairly strong rotating 6/7guys all with experience...I like the fact that we got the big boy Thurman back (6'3 300) he is a nice plug in the middle...something we didn't have last year.

Is Thurman the kid that left last year after spring possible D-1 prospect?

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 22, 2017, 05:40:52 pm
Is Thurman the kid that left last year after spring possible D-1 prospect?
Yessir, #79 in the spring game...also got #55 the DE back from Texas he is a quality player (6'0 230).

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on June 22, 2017, 06:31:47 pm
Yessir, #79 in the spring game...also got #55 the DE back from Texas he is a quality player (6'0 230).

Was impressed the other DE that's taller has a very quick first step and a good motor. Think he's junior?

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 22, 2017, 07:57:35 pm
Was impressed the other DE that's taller has a very quick first step and a good motor. Think he's junior?
Jamaal Foote(Junior) is going to be a monster! I look for him to have a big year.

zebrafan

Hootens 6A East Predictions

1. PB
2. Jonesboro
3. WM
4. Searcy
5. Marion
6. MH
7. Jacksonville
8. LR Hall

Boy some of these sizes for PB are off by a lot...got people undersized and all (left one out all together)granted that could be Bolding doing that haha but they have got to start spelling these kids names correctly!

zebrafan

6A Overall Top 10

1. Greenwood
2. El Dorado
3. Jonesboro
4. Pine Bluff
5. West Memphis
6. Benton
7. Texarkana
8. Russellville
9. Searcy
10. Marion

zebradynasty

Never have understood why Hootens will pick a team to win a conference and then in overall rankings pick the second place team in the same conference ahead of its pick to win the conference?

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 26, 2017, 03:03:33 pm
Never have understood why Hootens will pick a team to win a conference and then in overall rankings pick the second place team in the same conference ahead of its pick to win the conference?
Think the conference is a coaches poll...someone correct me if I'm wrong...they also have PB as the best WR/LBs group.

Rick Swines

What are 5a overall rankings?

zebrafan

Quote from: Rick Swines on June 26, 2017, 06:18:57 pm
What are 5a overall rankings?
5A
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Batesville
5. LR Christian
6. Harrison
7. HS Lakeside
8. Morrilton
9. Greenbrier
10. LR McClellan

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on June 26, 2017, 01:48:03 pm
Hootens 6A East Predictions

1. PB
2. Jonesboro
3. WM
4. Searcy
5. Marion
6. MH
7. Jacksonville
8. LR Hall

Boy some of these sizes for PB are off by a lot...got people undersized and all (left one out all together)granted that could be Bolding doing that haha but they have got to start spelling these kids names correctly!

They listed the same player on the OL twice the Barnett kid. You know who they meant to list?  There was another good size kid I saw in the spring but I didn't get a name.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 26, 2017, 07:25:20 pm
They listed the same player on the OL twice the Barnett kid. You know who they meant to list?  There was another good size kid I saw in the spring but I didn't get a name.
I think there trying to say Tarius Burnett who is a senior #66 I don't think he is with the team anymore (not certain on that, was injured most of last year) plus he was 6'2 260 not any where near what there talking about...they have Wilkins at 180...he's a solid 200..and our to be Junior center Hostler moved out state...our MLB Singleton is 200 pounds not 225 haha but ZD you and I know what we have for the season! Also looking at the conference in Hootens lot of returning talent in the conference as for the West to should be a interesting  6A in 2017.

zebrafan

ZD what other lineman were you talking about OL or DL? There is a big Soph Tackle that's 6'3 280 on the OL (#77).

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on June 26, 2017, 08:17:44 pm
ZD what other lineman were you talking about OL or DL? There is a big Soph Tackle that's 6'3 280 on the OL (#77).

That may be him.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on June 26, 2017, 04:19:13 pm
Think the conference is a coaches poll...someone correct me if I'm wrong...they also have PB as the best WR/LBs group.

You are correct. Hootens does their own classification polls but the individual conference polls are done by the coaches.

pinebluffzebra09

where are they selling the hootens book in pb other than walgreens?

zebrafan

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on July 01, 2017, 04:31:32 pm
where are they selling the hootens book in pb other than walgreens?

I ordered mine this year, but I usually find it at Wal-Mart or Super 1 Foods.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 22, 2017, 01:42:46 pm

ZD....you guys never have to worry about size.  I don't know what International Paper pumps into the air or water, but it must promote growth!  ;D  Pine Bluff kids are always big (and I don't mean "fat" big...just big and athletic). 

Hate the AAA put a halt to our natural rivalry.  Always looked forward to that game.  Good luck this year and we will see yall hopefully in WMS.

zebrafan

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on July 02, 2017, 02:25:49 am
ZD....you guys never have to worry about size.  I don't know what International Paper pumps into the air or water, but it must promote growth!  ;D  Pine Bluff kids are always big (and I don't mean "fat" big...just big and athletic). 

Hate the AAA put a halt to our natural rivalry.  Always looked forward to that game.  Good luck this year and we will see yall hopefully in WMS.
Boy, the Wildcats are in the same boat! Y'all always have big nasties too!

sportsguy80

Quote from: zebrafan on July 02, 2017, 02:01:24 pm
Boy, the Wildcats are in the same boat! Y'all always have big nasties too!
Two of the best programs. I can't believe they broke up this conference rivalry.

pinebluffzebra09

August 05, 2017, 02:11:44 pm #24 Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:14:10 pm by pinebluffzebra09
Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 04, 2017, 09:23:13 pm
Two of the best programs. I can't believe they broke up this conference rivalry.

Right!! my guess is the next classification after this one they will be right back in the same conference. I just think its traditional thing that should stay the same conference PB, Eldorado, Benton, Sheridan, LH, and texarkana to stick in the same conference. add or subtract a few here and there but they should always be attached. Some great games have been played among st those teams. One of my personal favorites the 2008 game of PB v.s. LH. Claude Johnson against Phillip Butterfield. Both of them had well over 600 total yards apiece. Instant classic!! PB-73 LH-66

zebrafan

We will be in the East til 2020.

Hogman2018

Who is replacing Texarkana in the South?

zebrafan

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 05, 2017, 05:57:46 pm
Who is replacing Texarkana in the South?
LR Hall-West
Sylvan Hills-East

AHS06

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on August 05, 2017, 02:11:44 pm
Right!! my guess is the next classification after this one they will be right back in the same conference. I just think its traditional thing that should stay the same conference PB, Eldorado, Benton, Sheridan, LH, and texarkana to stick in the same conference. add or subtract a few here and there but they should always be attached. Some great games have been played among st those teams. One of my personal favorites the 2008 game of PB v.s. LH. Claude Johnson against Phillip Butterfield. Both of them had well over 600 total yards apiece. Instant classic!! PB-73 LH-66
Many interesting games.   Arkansas High and El Dorado has some classics.  These teams go back to the old 5A and at times would pull for each other in playoffs.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on August 05, 2017, 05:08:15 pm

The only way Pine Bluff ever leaves the 6A East is if they keep losing students to the point that they have to drop down to 5A.

pinebluffzebra09

Quote from: zebrafan on August 05, 2017, 05:08:15 pm
im talking after the 2020 classification. Do you think there is a chance of it coming back together?

zebrafan

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on August 07, 2017, 09:55:17 am
im talking after the 2020 classification. Do you think there is a chance of it coming back together?
Possibly, but I don't know.

Big_Red7😈

What you guys think about the Searcy Lions this season?

2000ZEBRA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas