• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

15 days until Friday, Sept 1 (first Fri night of HS football)

Started by Razorback Red, June 19, 2017, 10:20:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

June 19, 2017, 10:20:13 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:12:10 pm by Razorback Red
Who's ready for some HS football? 

I will update the key week 1 7A games as soon as Hooten's comes out, but wanted to go ahead and get the countdown on. 

Rob Van Winkle

Cabotfan

Quote from: Razorback Red on June 19, 2017, 10:20:13 pm

I will update the key week 1 7A games as soon as Hooten's comes out, but wanted to go ahead and get the countdown on. 

Why do you need to wait on those guys? The schedules are already out on Fearless Friday!

Razorback Red

June 20, 2017, 09:42:41 pm #3 Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:46:54 pm by Razorback Red
All my years on this board and I had never clicked on team pages to see the schedules.  I will still buy the book, but here are the week 1 matchups.  Only 3 week 1 games between AR 7A foes, 3 additional 7A games vs out of state opponents and 7 games against AR 6A and 5A schools. 

Harber at Southside - I'll go Harber by a couple of TD's
Conway at Springdale- Should be just as close as last year, I'll go Sdale by a hair
Heritage at Central- Central by 10
Fayetteville at Blue Springs, MO- Blue Springs by 13
Bentonville at KC Rockhurst- Bville by 3
Pryor, OK at Bville West- West by a TD
Alma at Van Buren- If VB is going to be improved, they have to show it here.  I'll go VB by 3. 
Northside at Greenwood- GW by 7
Sylvan Hills at Catholic- Catholic by 7
NLR at Maumelle- NLR by 21
Cabot at Pine Bluff- Pick'em, but I'll go PB at home close
Rogers at Siloam Springs- Rogers by 6
Bryant at Benton- Bryant by 10

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Razorback Red on June 19, 2017, 10:20:13 pm

Ready for some HS football

Proud Buckaroo

I'm ready for football period. It's been a long year waiting for it!

Lumberjackfan1978

zebrafan

PB vs Cabot will be a good game! 28-27 Cabot last year...we let Barnes and the Panthers get us...could be different this year I'm going with Z's by 4 at home.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: zebrafan on June 26, 2017, 06:57:03 pm
PB vs Cabot will be a good game! 28-27 Cabot last year...we let Barnes and the Panthers get us...could be different this year I'm going with Z's by 4 at home.
the Z's will have revenge on their minds this year for sure

Razorback Red

Officially under 2 months away, can't wait. 

I started posting the 7A schedules by team.  Will try to finish tonight. 

Razorback Red

The Future

I agree on the Harber by 2 scores
I'm not sure on Conway and Springdale. Coin toss. I'll go with Springdale at home by 3
Central by 21 over Heritage
Blue Springs by 7
Bentonville by 7
Bentonville West by 10. Wolverines' second season looks to be improved than last
Alma by 14 over the Pointers. Pointers have played well against the Dales in recent years. But Alma gets the W again this season
Greenwood by 14 over Northside. Noland's first year as the single signal caller for the Dogs starts the season off with a good win
Catholic by 10 over Sylvan Hills
NLR by 24 over Maumelle
Pine Bluff in a close shoot out over Cabot
I'm going a slight upset in Siloam by a score over Rogers
Bryant by 14 over Benton

sportsguy80

Lumberjackfan1978

Razorback Red

By the end of the week, we'll officially be under a month.

Where's the week 1 chatter???

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Razorback Red on July 30, 2017, 08:41:23 pm
By the end of the week, we'll officially be under a month.

Where's the week 1 chatter???
Not much chatter going on any of the boards

Ventman

sportsguy80

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 01, 2017, 07:40:29 pm
Hey which LB is out for Har-Ber?

Nasilai was the one who moved to Jessieville over the summer.

Ventman

RamblinWest

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 02, 2017, 11:48:09 am
Nasilai was the one who moved to Jessieville over the summer.

He was a stud in the middle on defense.  Who is stepping up to replace him?

Rob Van Winkle

Not exactly sure who will replace him. The junior class has a very good group of LBs that are actually more athletic that Nasilai but just not as physically imposing.

sportsguy80

Yeah he was very physical. I think he will be missed most late in the year and post season.

Razorback Red

Under three weeks until games with pride nights and scrimmages getting started this week.

I still think Harber and Bentonville battle for 1-2 in the West with FHS and West battling for 3-4.

In the Central, I think Bryant and NLR with battle for 1-2 with NS and Catholic battling for 3-4.  Yes, I like this Catholic team. 

7AFBFAN

RR, I agree with West picks.

NS lost a ton of talent from last year and will be young. I think I would go with SS at number 3 in the Central and NS or Catholic number 4.

FridayNightFans

You guys are giving too much credit to Catholic ( one player, too easy to game plan against as a DC - just stop one guy) and LR Central, no QB, poor coaching and not much depth.  You will see all the 7A power is in the West and they will win the majority of the West vs East games.

Razorback Red

Quote from: FridayNightFans on August 15, 2017, 09:47:13 pm
You guys are giving too much credit to Catholic ( one player, too easy to game plan against as a DC - just stop one guy) and LR Central, no QB, poor coaching and not much depth.  You will see all the 7A power is in the West and they will win the majority of the West vs East games.

I respectfully disagree.  And yes, I am basing my opinion on one playoff game, but for anyone there last fall, Catholic was the better team against Bentonville (hard to admit, but true).  Without injuries to both the QB and to the RB, I am convinced Catholic would have pulled the upset.  I saw lots of size and athleticism at many positions.  They also played many teams very, very close last season.  I might be wrong, but I think they win more this season.  It's also hard to prep for such a special player, you cannot duplicate his speed/power combination in practice. 

FortSmithFootballFan

I heard that Heritage and FSNS will scrimmage Monday in Rogers. Not powerhouses in either conference but may give a little indicator of how the teams will look this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas