• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proposed 4A Conference 2018-19

Started by Brian G, June 07, 2017, 01:54:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2017, 02:45:02 pm
You didn't do it the way I was talking about.

First place Star City in the 4A-2 instead of Stuttgart and do the math.

Then place Stuttgart in the 4A-8 instead of Star City and do the math.

In both scenarios, leave HWH in 4A-8.

It makes sense for Stuttgart to be in 4A-8 and Star City to be in 4A-2.

Since a team has to only travel to 4 away conference games one year and 3 the next year, I doubt those mileage figures are accurate.

If Star City was placed in the 4A-2, the longest trip they would have is to Batesville Southside and that's about 3 and a half hours with most of it being on four lane highways. Lonoke, Mills and CAC would all be within 1 and a half hours of Star City.

SIGH

beach bum

I vote they move Mcgehee up to the 8-4A from 3A to replace Helena West Helena because things would be better with oldman as a permanent fixture on the 4A boards...

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2017, 02:45:02 pm
You didn't do it the way I was talking about.

First place Star City in the 4A-2 instead of Stuttgart and do the math.

Then place Stuttgart in the 4A-8 instead of Star City and do the math.

In both scenarios, leave HWH in 4A-8.

It makes sense for Stuttgart to be in 4A-8 and Star City to be in 4A-2.

Since a team has to only travel to 4 away conference games one year and 3 the next year, I doubt those mileage figures are accurate.

If Star City was placed in the 4A-2, the longest trip they would have is to Batesville Southside and that's about 3 and a half hours with most of it being on four lane highways. Lonoke, Mills and CAC would all be within 1 and a half hours of Star City.

Star City's distance to 4A-2 schools if it replaces Stuttgart is as follows: Batesville Southside — 154; Heber Springs — 129; Bald Knob — 126; Riverview — 117; CAC — 75.7; Lonoke — 73.1; LR Mills — 62.2; Total — 737.
Stuttgart's distance to 4A-8 schools if it replaces Star City is as follows: Crossett — 117; Hamburg — 108; Monticello — 79.0; Warren — 79.6; Dumas — 58.1; DeWitt — 25.5; Helena-West Helena Central — 66.7; Total — 533.9.
Both figures are higher than the previous numbers I mentioned.
And in future references, GuvHog .... don't ever ... EVER ... dispute my math again!

Brian G

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 15, 2017, 05:33:30 pm
Star City's distance to 4A-2 schools if it replaces Stuttgart is as follows: Batesville Southside — 154; Heber Springs — 129; Bald Knob — 126; Riverview — 117; CAC — 75.7; Lonoke — 73.1; LR Mills — 62.2; Total — 737.
Stuttgart's distance to 4A-8 schools if it replaces Star City is as follows: Crossett — 117; Hamburg — 108; Monticello — 79.0; Warren — 79.6; Dumas — 58.1; DeWitt — 25.5; Helena-West Helena Central — 66.7; Total — 533.9.
And in future references, GuvHog .... don't ever ... EVER ... dispute my math again!

Wahls

Quote from: B.G. on July 15, 2017, 08:31:52 am
Yeah, football driven.  Top 16 for football then a trickle down.

But in other sports, not a Top 16 alone is the thrust.

Interesting.

GuvHog

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 15, 2017, 05:33:30 pm
Star City's distance to 4A-2 schools if it replaces Stuttgart is as follows: Batesville Southside — 154; Heber Springs — 129; Bald Knob — 126; Riverview — 117; CAC — 75.7; Lonoke — 73.1; LR Mills — 62.2; Total — 737.
Stuttgart's distance to 4A-8 schools if it replaces Star City is as follows: Crossett — 117; Hamburg — 108; Monticello — 79.0; Warren — 79.6; Dumas — 58.1; DeWitt — 25.5; Helena-West Helena Central — 66.7; Total — 533.9.

As I correctly pointed out, they don't make all of those trips every year. They make 3 one year and 4 the next. To put it bluntly, it would be better for HWH if Stuttgart is put in the 4A-8 and Star City is put in 4A-2 as it would lessen HWH's lengthy travel miles. The travel for Star City in the 4A-2 would be a bit longer to some schools but they would not have to endure exceedingly long drives of the magnitude that HWH makes when they have to travel to Hamburg, Crossett, Warren, and Monticello. having Stuttgart in the 4A-8 instead of Star City means there would be 3 conference opponents within decent driving range of HWH instead of just 2.

SouthpawSensation

But, what you can't seem to understand — no matter how well I point it out — is that you have just more than doubled Star City's travel. You want to take away about 50 miles from Helena-West Helena, but give 350-400 miles to Star City. That won't cut it.
You mention it only happens two years. However, all my figures are one-way miles. You actually have to double them for a round trip.
I haven't even brought up the fact that Stuttgart has to travel right past Star City to get to conference games to Crossett, Hamburg and Monticello — something the AAA was howled at during this cycle in Class 3A.
Yet, you're so defiant in trying to take away one of the closer games for schools like Monticello, Crossett, Hamburg and such.
Please ... just accept the fact that it isn't a good move and, in the eyes of the AAA, it won't work. Don't make me break out so many numbers and figures that it would totally blow your mind.

Jimbo Morphis

I have a solution everyone would approve. We can send HWH and Guv to Mississippi. All in favor?

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2017, 12:58:27 pm
I have a solution everyone would approve. We can send HWH and Guv to Mississippi. All in favor?

+1

GuvHog

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 16, 2017, 12:50:20 pm
But, what you can't seem to understand — no matter how well I point it out — is that you have just more than doubled Star City's travel. You want to take away about 50 miles from Helena-West Helena, but give 350-400 miles to Star City. That won't cut it.
You mention it only happens two years. However, all my figures are one-way miles. You actually have to double them for a round trip.
I haven't even brought up the fact that Stuttgart has to travel right past Star City to get to conference games to Crossett, Hamburg and Monticello — something the AAA was howled at during this cycle in Class 3A.
Yet, you're so defiant in trying to take away one of the closer games for schools like Monticello, Crossett, Hamburg and such.
Please ... just accept the fact that it isn't a good move and, in the eyes of the AAA, it won't work. Don't make me break out so many numbers and figures that it would totally blow your mind.

It's you that does not understand. Since Star City only has to travel to 3 conference games one year and 4 the next, it doesn't increase their travel that much. I get it, you would rather Star City have to travel very little and HWH have to travel more great distances. You seem to be biased against HWH for some reason. The Idea is to lessen HWH's travel as much as possible without greatly inconveniencing Star City. What's fair about forcing HWH to travel massive distances  to keep Star City from having to travel very far??

Brian G

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: B.G. on July 16, 2017, 01:52:39 pm

Should not have taken a big drink of water while pulling
this up.  Thanks

Brian G

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2017, 02:31:15 pm
Should not have taken a big drink of water while pulling
this up.  Thanks

SouthpawSensation

I'm getting to think explaining this is about as hopeless as GuvHog taking a three-point shot at the buzzer to end the basketball game ... and he's losing by seven points. Come to think of it, I'm tired of it.
If you want to cut Helena-West Helena's mileage so badly, tell that school to appeal to the AAA to play up in Class 5A. It can play in the 5A-East and cut 100 miles off its one-way travel. Then Blytheville can play in the 4A-3, Cave City can move to the 4A-2 and Stuttgart goes to the 4A-8 ... case closed!!!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 16, 2017, 04:16:47 pm
I'm getting to think explaining this is about as hopeless as GuvHog taking a three-point shot at the buzzer to end the basketball game ... and he's losing by seven points. Come to think of it, I'm tired of it.
If you want to cut Helena-West Helena's mileage so badly, tell that school to appeal to the AAA to play up in Class 5A. It can play in the 5A-East and cut 100 miles off its one-way travel. Then Blytheville can play in the 4A-3, Cave City can move to the 4A-2 and Stuttgart goes to the 4A-8 ... case closed!!!!
Quitter

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 01:22:33 pm
It's you that does not understand. Since Star City only has to travel to 3 conference games one year and 4 the next, it doesn't increase their travel that much. I get it, you would rather Star City have to travel very little and HWH have to travel more great distances. You seem to be biased against HWH for some reason. The Idea is to lessen HWH's travel as much as possible without greatly inconveniencing Star City. What's fair about forcing HWH to travel massive distances  to keep Star City from having to travel very far??
Being stupid is like being dead.  Everyone around you knows you're dead, but you don't know you're dead.

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on July 16, 2017, 11:11:05 pm
Being stupid is like being dead.  Everyone around you knows you're dead, but you don't know you're dead.

Stupid?? Not hardly. Notice that he didn't even try to counter what I said in that post you quoted. He knows he's wrong but won't admit it.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 11:05:14 am
Stupid?? Not hardly. Notice that he didn't even try to counter what I said in that post you quoted. He knows he's wrong but won't admit it.
lol

cuckoobird

Maybe we should put alma in the 8-4a and punish the coach with all road games for two years for dressing out that exchange student

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 11:05:14 am

It's nothing to Counter. The idea of sending star city to any conference but the 8 is plain ignorant.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 15, 2017, 05:26:06 pm
I vote they move Mcgehee up to the 8-4A from 3A to replace Helena West Helena because things would be better with oldman as a permanent fixture on the 4A boards...

This makes more sense that anything Guv's long messages stated.

Consolidate lake village and mcgehee or dermott and mcgehee and problem solved. Back to 4a.

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2017, 11:28:11 am
It's nothing to Counter. The idea of sending star city to any conference but the 8 is plain ignorant.

Not at all. It makes perfect sense and I've shown that. If it were all about Star city, you (and he) would be correct. It isn't just about Star City though, it's about Star City and HWH. When one looks at both sides of the issue, it makes sense.

You (and he) are looking at it only from Star City's point of view and that is horribly one-sided.

Jimbo Morphis

You just can't make this stuff up.

SUGARTOWN

In what world does doubling Star City's travel to save HWH 50 miles makes sense?

GuvHog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 17, 2017, 12:01:54 pm
In what world does doubling Star City's travel to save HWH 50 miles makes sense?

It doesn't double. They would only have 3 away games one year and 4 the next. It isn't as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. Once again, you are looking at it from only Star City's point of view and that is terribly one sided.

cuckoobird

They only have 3 one year and 4 the next now so it's still doubles

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 12:11:30 pm
It doesn't double. They would only have 3 away games one year and 4 the next. It isn't as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. Once again, you are looking at it from only Star City's point of view and that is terribly one sided.

HWH only has 3 away games one year and 4 the next too, so that point is moot. And you have to look at it as 2 years since conference assignments are a 2 year cycle.

What about all of the extra travel you would be adding to the rest of the 8-4A traveling TO HWH? That will be a lot of added miles going to Phillips county instead of SC.

You're only looking at it from HWH's perspective, which is horribly one sided.

GuvHog

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 17, 2017, 12:12:53 pm
They only have 3 one year and 4 the next now so it's still doubles

No it doesn't. Take for example Star City's mileage in 4A-8 to HWH, DeWitt, and Crossett in one year and ad them together.

Then take Star City's mileage in 4A-2 to Batesville Southside, Heber Springs, and Mills in one year and add them together.

Compare the 2 totals.

GuvHog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 17, 2017, 12:21:38 pm
HWH only has 3 away games one year and 4 the next too, so that point is moot. And you have to look at it as 2 years since conference assignments are a 2 year cycle.

What about all of the extra travel you would be adding to the rest of the 8-4A traveling TO HWH? That will be a lot of added miles going to Phillips county instead of SC.

You're only looking at it from HWH's perspective, which is horribly one sided.

HWH is going to be in the 4A-8 regardless. What I'm talking about is replacing Star City with Stuttgart to lessen HWH's travel.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 12:28:55 pm
HWH is going to be in the 4A-8 regardless. What I'm talking about is replacing Star City with Stuttgart to lessen HWH's travel.

HWH to Stuttgart is 67 miles, HWH to Star City is 105 miles...a difference of 38 miles. You want to increase Star City's travel immensely to save HWH 38 miles every other year?

Brilliant.  ::)

Brian G

Brian G

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 17, 2017, 12:37:04 pm
HWH to Stuttgart is 67 miles, HWH to Star City is 105 miles...a difference of 38 miles. You want to increase Star City's travel immensely to save HWH 38 miles every other year?

Brilliant.  ::)

I'm begging Guv. Please stop.

green-eagle

travel?

when Crossett was playing 5A football, we had to travel to Little Rock approx. 4 time a year to play such conference teams as Oak Grove, Slyin Hill, JA fair, Robinson, mcCellan  and yes even HWH.....closest conference game was Monticello......

AirWarren

Quote from: green-eagle on July 17, 2017, 01:00:12 pm
travel?

when Crossett was playing 5A football, we had to travel to Little Rock approx. 4 time a year to play such conference teams as Oak Grove, Slyin Hill, JA fair, Robinson, mcCellan  and yes even HWH.....closest conference game was Monticello......

I see Guv as a distinct member of the ACLU.

cuckoobird

July 17, 2017, 01:44:44 pm #85 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:01:15 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 12:25:43 pm
No it doesn't. Take for example Star City's mileage in 4A-8 to HWH, DeWitt, and Crossett in one year and ad them together.

Then take Star City's mileage in 4A-2 to Batesville Southside, Heber Springs, and Mills in one year and add them together.

Compare the 2 totals.
Ok Guv I have the ability to admit when I'm wrong on something and I was wrong about it doubling Star City's travel miles if they switched with HWHC....... IT TRIPLES THEM!!!!!!!! I broke it down in simple terms for you using the teams' actual schedule for this year. If you make SC play Arkansas Baptist, Riverview, and SS Batesville their travel miles are 356 but them playing Monticello, Hamburg, and Dollarway is 104 travel miles. Now, if you make HWHC go to Hamburg, Monticello, and Dollarway they travel 374 miles and if they play AB, Riverview, and SS Batesville they travel 377 miles. SO, your idea of saving HWHC 3 miles of travel time is punishing SC by increasing their travel time by 252 miles. BRILLIANT I tell you, absolutely brilliant. This also explains my comment of why no one wants to go to WC high if they graduate with thinking like this...

Now lets throw in SC's 4th conference game for this year and add them up. SC to Monti, Ham, Dollar, and Crossett = 156 miles. HWHC to the same teams = 533

SouthpawSensation

July 17, 2017, 02:51:53 pm #86 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:59:51 am by SouthpawSensation
By moving Stuttgart to the 4A-8 and Star City to the 4A-2, GuvHog has saved Helena-West Helena 36.3 miles. (794.3 to 758)
Yet, in his brilliance .... hold that thought — I feel the need to snicker a few times ....

OK, I'm back to finish this off .... No, I can't ... I can't fight the temptation. I have to laugh my head off and roll in the floor a few times .... BRB.

All right, now back to GuvHog's brilliance (insert sarcasm here) ... let's see what his idea just did.
He just changed Star City's one-way mileage over two years from 351.1 miles to 737 — more than double, or an increase of more than 380 miles! But does GuvHog think he's inconvenienced Star City? Nooooooooooooooo!
But let's see what else his idea just did, shall we?
• He raised Stuttgart's mileage from 498.3 to 533.9 — an increase of 35.6 miles
• He took away Crossett's 62.8-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 117-mile trip to Stuttgart. (extra 53.2 miles)
• He took away Hamburg's 53.2-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 108-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 54.8 miles)
• He took away Monticello's 24.4-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 79-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 54.6 miles)
• He took away Warren's 29.5-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 78.1-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 58.6 miles)
• He took away Dumas' 26.4-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 58.1-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 31.7 miles)
• He took away DeWitt's 51.8-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 25.5-mile trip to Stuttgart (Uh oh! He got me on that one!)
OK ... for those keeping score: that's six for me, and two for GuvHog ...
But wait! I forgot to list what it will do to the 4A-2 schools! Let's jump over there, shall we?
• He took Batesville Southside's 102-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 154-mile trip to Star City (extra 52 miles)
• He took Heber Springs' 97.2-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 129-mile trip to Star City (extra 31.8 miles)
• He took Bald Knob's 75.2-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 126-mile trip to Star City (extra 50.8 miles)
• He took Riverview's 65.3-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 117-mile trip to Star City (extra 50.7 miles)
• He took CAC's 61.7-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 75.7-mile trip to Star City (extra 14 miles)
• He took Lonoke's 40.7-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 73.1-mile trip to Star City (extra 32.4 miles)
• He took LR Mills' 56.2-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 62.2-mile trip to Star City (extra 6 miles)
Oh, would you look at that ... all seven 4A-2 schools are closer to Stuttgart than Star City, yet GuvHog still wants Star City to be in the 4A-2 instead of Stuttgart so it will cut Helena-West Helena's travel.

So let's review: GuvHog's idea has helped how many schools? Two — Helena-West Helena Central for less mileage, and DeWitt for a shorter trip.
How many schools have been "inconvenienced" by GuvHog's idea? Star City, Stuttgart, Warren, Monticello, Crossett, Hamburg, Dumas, Batesville Southside, Heber Springs, Bald Knob, Riverview, CAC, Lonoke and LR Mills. That's 14!

Final score: ol' Southpaw 14, GuvHog 2. (Man, he would have been run-ruled that this been a baseball or softball game.)

Any remaining questions?

AirWarren

I'm begging you Guv. Please stop.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2017, 03:17:05 pm
I'm begging you Guv. Please stop.

But....but....Helena needs those 50 miles!

Brian G

Eddie Goodson

GuvHog

July 18, 2017, 10:15:16 am #91 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:18:04 am by GuvHog
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 17, 2017, 02:51:53 pm
By moving Stuttgart to the 4A-8 and Star City to the 4A-2, GuvHog has saved Helena-West Helena 36.3 miles. (794.3 to 758)
Yet, in his brilliance .... hold that thought — I feel the need to snicker a few times ....

OK, I'm back to finish this off .... No, I can't ... I can't fight the temptation. I have to laugh my head off and roll in the floor a few times .... BRB.

All right, now back to GuvHog's brilliance (insert sarcasm here) ... let's see what his idea just did.
He just changed Star City's one-way mileage over two years from 351.1 miles to 737 — more than double, or an increase of more than 380 miles! But does GuvHog think he's inconvenienced Star City? Nooooooooooooooo!
But let's see what else his idea just did, shall we?
• He raised Stuttgart's mileage from 498.3 to 533.9 — an increase of 35.6 miles
• He took away Crossett's 62.8-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 117-mile trip to Stuttgart. (extra 53.2 miles)
• He took away Hamburg's 53.2-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 108-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 54.8 miles)
• He took away Monticello's 24.4-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 79-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 54.6 miles)
• He took away Warren's 29.5-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 78.1-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 58.6 miles)
• He took away Dumas' 26.4-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 58.1-mile trip to Stuttgart (extra 31.7 miles)
• He took away DeWitt's 51.8-mile trip to Star City and gave it a 25.5-mile trip to Stuttgart (Uh oh! He got me on that one!)
OK ... for those keeping score: that's six for me, and two for GuvHog ...
But wait! I forgot to list what it will do to the 4A-2 schools! Let's jump over there, shall we?
• He took Batesville Southside's 102-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 154-mile trip to Star City (extra 52 miles)
• He took Heber Springs' 97.2-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 129-mile trip to Star City (extra 31.8 miles)
• He took Bald Knob's 75.2-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 126-mile trip to Star City (extra 50.8 miles)
• He took Riverview's 65.3-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 117-mile trip to Star City (extra 50.7 miles)
• He took CAC's 61.7-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 75.7-mile trip to Star City (extra 14 miles)
• He took Lonoke's 40.7-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 73.1-mile trip to Star City (extra 32.4 miles)
• He took LR Mills' 56.2-mile trip to Stuttgart and gave it a 62.2-mile trip to Star City (extra 6 miles)
Oh, would you look at that ... all seven 4A-2 schools are closer to Stuttgart than Star City, yet GuvHog still wants Star City to be in the 4A-2 instead of Stuttgart so it will cut Helena-West Helena's travel.

So let's review: GuvHog's idea has helped how many schools? Two — Helena-West Helena Central for less mileage, and DeWitt for a shorter trip.
How many schools have been "inconvenienced" by GuvHog's idea? Star City, Stuttgart, Warren, Monticello, Crossett, Hamburg, Dumas, Batesville Southside, Heber Springs, Bald Knob, Riverview, CAC, Lonoke and LR Mills. That's 14!

Final score: ol' Southpaw 14, GuvHog 2. (Man, he would have been run-ruled that this been a baseball or softball game.)

Any remaining questions?

I noticed in your mileage listings there, you didn't bother to mention HWH's mileage. A bit biased aren't you?? Please show us how long the Star city drive is to HWH that they would lose by moving to 4A-2.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 10:15:16 am
I noticed in your mileage listings there, you didn't bother to mention HWH's mileage. A bit biased aren't you?? Please show us how long the Star city drive is to HWH that they would lose by moving to 4A2.

It's literally the first line in his post.

GuvHog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 18, 2017, 10:18:37 am

It's literally the first line in his post.

Again, How far is it from Star City to HWH???

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 10:19:59 am

I posted this yesterday, I guess you failed to read it....HWH to Stuttgart is 67 miles, HWH to Star City is 105 miles...a difference of 38 miles. You want to increase Star City's travel immensely to save HWH 38 miles every other year?

GuvHog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 18, 2017, 10:23:39 am
I posted this yesterday, I guess you failed to read it....HWH to Stuttgart is 67 miles, HWH to Star City is 105 miles...a difference of 38 miles. You want to increase Star City's travel immensely to save HWH 38 miles every other year?

I'd like to know the route you are using from HWH to Star City because its at least 100 miles from Pine Bluff  to HWH and it's 25 miles to Star City from PB.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 10:36:28 am
I'd like to know the route you are using from HWH to Star City because its at least 100 miles from Pine Bluff  to HWH and it's 25 miles to Star City from PB.

HWH-DeWitt-Gould-Star City

Google Maps

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 10:36:28 am
Only you and  Jay Dickey would go through Pine Bluff.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 10:19:59 am
Not sure how that's going to help your argument, but here's Helena-West Helena's mileage breakdown:
in the 4A-2 — Batesville Southside-128; Heber Springs-136; Bald Knob-100; Riverview-104; CAC-119; Lonoke-88.3;
LR Mills-120. Total-795.3 miles
in the 4A-8 (a switch with Stuttgart) — Crossett-156; Hamburg-149; Monticello-118; Warren-132; Star City-103; Dumas-83.6; DeWitt-52.7. Total-794.3 miles
in the 4A-8 (the GuvHog plan) — Crossett-156; Hamburg-149; Monticello-118; Warren-132; Stuttgart-66.7; Dumas-83.6; DeWitt-52.7. Total-758 miles
So technically, all you're doing is switching out a 103-mile trip to Star City for a 66.7-mile Stuttgart ... a measly 36.3 miles ...
Wait ... where have I heard that 36.3 miles before ... oh, my previous mention of Helena-West Helena's mileage dropping from 794.3 to 758!

Score is still Southpaw 14, GuvHog 2 ...

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 18, 2017, 10:45:13 am
HWH-DeWitt-Gould-Star City

Google Maps
I might add on my calculations, it's not just city to city ... I go as far as breaking it down from school campus to school campus.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas