• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 on 7 Monticello

Started by Superjack45, June 02, 2017, 08:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Superjack45

I didn't know if you guys knew but Warren got runner up in this event and Pine Bluff won it overall out of 12 teams but it's just 7 on 7 and some good things came from it I think. IJS

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

See any gang graffiti while you were in Monticello?

Proud Buckaroo

What teams participated in it?

Big Fan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 05, 2017, 07:59:51 am
What teams participated in it?
Monticello, Warren, Pine Bluff, Benton, Hamburg, McGehee, Drew Central, Watson Chapel, Jacksonville, Strong, CHG, Bayou Academy (LA), Fordyce and Poyen. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Big Fan on June 05, 2017, 12:11:05 pm
Monticello, Warren, Pine Bluff, Benton, Hamburg, McGehee, Drew Central, Watson Chapel, Jacksonville, Strong, CHG, Bayou Academy (LA), Fordyce and Poyen. 
Mcgehee didn't win?

BigLion10

No, you have to pass the ball in 7 on 7 😁😁

Iknewthemwhen

How did Watson Chapel do?  Who was at QB? 

Big Fan

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on June 05, 2017, 02:38:10 pm
How did Watson Chapel do?  Who was at QB? 
Chapel was a 9 seed in championship bracket and lost there first round game to McGehee.  Don't have a clue about the QB. 

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Big Fan on June 06, 2017, 11:33:41 am
Chapel was a 9 seed in championship bracket and lost there first round game to McGehee.  Don't have a clue about the QB. 

Oh wow! I didn't think McGehee was much of a passing team?

jimbojack

McGehee looked very athletic.  If they ran a modern-day offense, they would be really scary.

Was I the only one surprised by how much better Drew Central looked, compared to Monticello?  The Pirates' skill players definitely looked better than the Billies.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: jimbojack on June 09, 2017, 11:35:22 am
McGehee looked very athletic.  If they ran a modern-day offense, they would be really scary.

Was I the only one surprised by how much better Drew Central looked, compared to Monticello?  The Pirates' skill players definitely looked better than the Billies.
Drew Central has had some good athletes lately. They need a coach that stays there and develops a program.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 09, 2017, 01:33:22 pm
Drew Central has had some good athletes lately. They need a coach that stays there and develops a program.

This year will be year two of the same coach. If I'm not mistaken?

zebradynasty

Quote from: Big Fan on June 05, 2017, 12:11:05 pm

Good sign for the Z's! 7-7 is not something we stress on but probably since we will be very inexperience at QB I noticed we are participating in more 7-7 tournaments than usual.

jimbojack

Z's speed on defense was something to see

zebradynasty

June 09, 2017, 11:33:53 pm #15 Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:46:17 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: jimbojack on June 09, 2017, 06:46:08 pm
Z's speed on defense was something to see

Yes, this defense is faster overall than either of the 2014 or 2015 championship teams.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 09, 2017, 11:33:53 pm
Yes, this defense is faster overall than the either of the 2014 or 2015 championship teams.
Z's may be heading towards another championship

zebrafan

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 09, 2017, 11:41:41 pm
Z's may be heading towards another championship
Offense must come together for that to happen(OL, QB), but Bolding knows what he's doing!

AirWarren

Anyone have any insight on how Warren looked?

Superjack45

Yes AW I was there and overall I would say they looked real good not very good because of the LB play because they are trying some young guys at that position to see where they stand and as far as the Receiver they looked very good as usual and the QB did good for the first time in the starting position so far. Out of the whole day he threw 2 isn't out of the all the games they played. 1 was thrown short and not high enough to TB and 2nd one was a popped up ball but hopefully they will get it together by the time the season start.

jimbojack

Offense will be fine. Kinnard is coming along very well.  WR's are the same as last year.  OL is as good as any that's as been through there. McKnight will play at RB some, and has the potential to be the best that has been through Warren----and I know that's a big statement.

Breaking in new corners, but they are athletes for sure.  Safeties are the biggest question mark, but Gorman will end up all-conference and Kinnard will alot in big situations. DL will be a strength and LB's are gonna be fine.

New kicker will be an upgrade.

AirWarren

Thanks for the update. Ready for some football.

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas