• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Girls Open

Started by Magneto, May 18, 2017, 01:05:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogjr

I wouldn't be on here blasting her if I didn't. It was never all glory. Ever. We have voiced our concerns from day one. As far as I'm concerned, I hope the board of eduction restricts or perm suspends her license. From what I heard, she's on probation now as of May

teachers pet

It's hard for me to believe that Jessieville would hire someone on probation  but I never say never.

no mascot

I'll weigh in on this one. Jessieville has had as good a program as any over the last few years. I'm sure that they had more qualified applicants than most schools would receive. If this coach was as bad as you made her out to be she wouldn't have received an offer. Plain and simple.

The other side of this is that she is leaving cove for a reason. And if you don't think coaches have seen your tirades on here you are a fool. Parents are the number one headache in this profession. And you're waving a big crazy red flag to any coach with any sense saying "don't come here!" That's not what you're intending to do but is exactly what you're doing.

So when the next coach isn't as good as you think they should be, you might just need to look in the old mirror to find the individual who's really at fault for your unhappiness

Hogjr

She was hired BEFORE that. The punishment from the state JUST happened the week of graduation.  But jessieville will soon enough get a taste of her.

Hogjr

I'll wave my crazy red flag anytime a coach is as awful as she is. Will gladly speak up to that

BigLion10

I'd just like to know why all the MC posters waited till now to come out and start talking about the coaches

Hogjr

Bc action is finally being taken. Admin is finally listening and getting rid of the issues. Why is everyone so quick to defend a coach but dismiss a kid? Most of the complaints that I know of actually came from
Her starters. Take that as you want. I don't care. Iv voiced my opinion

PapaHog

Again, maybe she was bad, but that's not the point. The point is that MC has had 3 openings this year and all 3 times y'all crazies have gotten on here and trashed either the former coach or the new hire. I'll get out of coaching before I ever work at MC.

Hogjr

I don't believe anyone trashed the new kid. They trashed administration for how they handled the situation. They pretty much promised one of the assistant coaches the job and then gave it to someone else. The new guy is actually has made some very good positive changes. Things are looking up for the football program. Love it! And the changes made needs to be made. Why do you think the first coach to go was the athletic director. He wasn't directing like he should have been or all of these things we "crazies" have posted wouldn't have happened

PapaHog

You're not serious? Go back and read the football thread. "He's too young." "His resume isn't good." "Mediocre" All things said just on the one page I went back to. But y'all didn't talk bad about him at all.

no mascot

I hope everyone finds the humor in papa hog getting onto hogjr (I read jr as junior)

PapaHog

Thank you for pointing that out haha!

Hogjr

That's hilarious and I said the same thing in those threads as well

mrknowitall

She won the conference I believe 2 out of her first 3 years. As for complaints coming from starters I have read social media post by a lot of her players and they had nothing bad to say. One of her starters(best player) moved do to the lack of support for the coach. And it happened long before she left for jville...

The problem is that the ADMIN did listen to parents , bc now every time something happens they don't like they will want to be heard.  Hard for me to believe that 3 of you head coaches were that bad, and all in one year!!! Pull your head out of baroid mines and find the true problem!!!

Hogjr

Jeremy Hall has been named the new girls basketball coach

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hogjr on May 31, 2017, 03:51:38 pm
Jeremy Hall has been named the new girls basketball coach

From?

PapaHog

Best of luck. Gonna need it.

Hogjr

LionX2

bigworm

Ill say this, if we ever needed a girls basketball coach id love to have her. Always thought she did a fine job. But i dont know anything about any of those accusations. Maybe they true. Maybe they aint.

teachers pet

Will see how she does at Jessieville and find out if it's her or M.C.

Cheek

I am not from MC, but we have been in their conference for several years. All three coaches  were very good and will be hard to replace for MC.  All I have read on this board,  MC took a step down with every hire.  There was not one well known coach hired.  It may be all the good coaches are happy where they are and want no part of MC an their high expectations.  PPRD

PapaHog

Just because it wasn't a well known name, doesn't automatically mean it's a step back. That's yet to be known.

BigLion10

I agree with cheek the community seems to be the problem not coaching

Cheek

Quote from: PapaHog on June 25, 2017, 01:04:29 pm
Just because it wasn't a well known name, doesn't automatically mean it's a step back. That's yet to be known.

I understand you point, but the way I look at it is,  if it is not broken, don't fix it. Besides a few communities, most schools in 2A go through cycles.   Some years they have great athletes and some years they don't.   The problem is that when you are on an up cycle, the Coach looks like a genius, but when you are on a down cycle, the Coach looks all washed up.    The problem is you had proven Coaches who knew how to win, but were on a down cycle.  Now you have hired unproven Coaches who will have trouble on a down cycle and may also struggle on an up cycle.   I can see a revolving door of Coaches at MC in the near future.   

PapaHog

But by what you all are saying, a young coach cannot be better than a proven coach. Young coaches need the chance to prove themselves. Some won't work out. Some may turn out to be greater basketball minds. All we can say with young coaches is that we just don't know yet. Think about it. Your proven coaches were once unproven until someone gave them the chance and they made the most of it. Just wait on these new hires before you say it's a step back. I've seen new energy be the change a program needs on more than one occasion.

MagicMike

Quote from: Cheek on June 25, 2017, 09:45:37 am
I am not from MC, but we have been in their conference for several years. All three coaches  were very good and will be hard to replace for MC.  All I have read on this board,  MC took a step down with every hire.  There was not one well known coach hired.  It may be all the good coaches are happy where they are and want no part of MC an their high expectations.  PPRD

Williamson very well known in coaching circles and very highly regarded

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas