• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-North Regional

Started by Rugman15, May 01, 2017, 08:13:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rugman15

May 01, 2017, 08:13:17 pm Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:23:15 am by Rugman15
Going to be a fun Regional to watch!  Lots of really good teams!  Good luck to everyone!  All games played in Dover!

1. Pea Ridge vs 4. Dardanelle (10 AM- Friday) Game 1

2. Booneville vs 3. Huntsville (12:30 PM- Friday) Game 2

1. Pottsville vs 4. Gravette (3:00 PM- Friday) Game 3

2. Shiloh Christian vs 3. Dover (5:30 PM- Friday) Game 4

Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2 (12:00 PM- Saturday) Game 5

Winner of Game 3 vs Winner of Game 4 (2:30 PM- Saturday) Game 6

Loser of Game 5 vs Loser of Game 6 (12:00 PM- Monday) 3rd Place Game

Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6 (2:30 PM- Monday) Championship Game

Once again Good Luck to all of the teams! 

UPDATE:  ALL GAMES PUSHED BACK ONE DAY!  CHAMPIONSHIP AND 3RD PLACE GAMES PLAYED MONDAY MAY 8TH.

Rugman15

Oh and one more thing...

NO RAIN PLEASE  :D

Man that rain was brutal last week!  Almost canceled the 4A-1 Districts!  Crazy!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Rugman15 on May 01, 2017, 08:36:41 pm
Oh and one more thing...

NO RAIN PLEASE  :D

Man that rain was brutal last week!  Almost canceled the 4A-1 Districts!  Crazy!

+1 on the rain.... Tell us about your team Rugman

Rugman15

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on May 01, 2017, 08:38:34 pm
+1 on the rain.... Tell us about your team Rugman

Well, I know that most of these teams in the regional are SOLID ball teams.  Dardanelle is going to be a tough out for the Blackhawks, they have a great pitcher who started pitching midway through the season for them and has lead them to many great upsets.  Shiloh is a very talented ball club as well, as they always are, and have a great pitching staff combined with solid hitting.  Huntsville just knows how to put the bat on the ball, and will give Booneville a great game, possibly going to be the best game of the 1st round in the regional.  Gravette is here because they had a major upset of PG, but you can't ever sleep on teams, and I know they will play loose with nothing to lose!  All in all, a SOLID group of teams! 

Rugman15

Anyone know if there is any chance of rain Thursday in Dover?  I am sure most of it will have moved out by then...

OLDSCHOOL82

Rain should end on Thursday.  Their field handles water good.

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 02, 2017, 02:27:40 pm
Rain should end on Thursday.  Their field handles water good.

That's great news!  Glad to see the rains finally holding off for the tournaments  :)

OLDSCHOOL82

State moved all regional starts to Friday.

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 03, 2017, 12:16:47 pm
State moved all regional starts to Friday.

I don't understand why they would.  Rainfall less than expected and it wasn't even that much in the first place.  That means finals would be played Monday May 8th as well, smh...

OLDSCHOOL82

My guess would be they want all regionals to end at the same time so all would be in the same boat with pitch counts.  Some regionals will be unplayable tomorrow and some would be.

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 03, 2017, 12:30:41 pm
My guess would be they want all regionals to end at the same time so all would be in the same boat with pitch counts.  Some regionals will be unplayable tomorrow and some would be.

Makes sense.  However despite that, this really is going to put a damper on a LOT of people's schedule (looking at the May 8th Championship game).

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Rugman15 on May 03, 2017, 12:32:02 pm
Makes sense.  However despite that, this really is going to put a damper on a LOT of people's schedule (looking at the May 8th Championship game).

Win anything in baseball and schedules are out the window.  Part of it.

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 03, 2017, 12:33:48 pm
Win anything in baseball and schedules are out the window.  Part of it.

Maybe we just need to make an invention for baseball fields where you can completely cover up the grass and dirt and keep most of the rain off the field...

Oh wait...

Rugman15

Baseball will be played tomorrow as Rain moves out!  It was one day back, but now we will see even more prepared teams play, so that is always a plus! 

pridgehog

Pea Ridge wins over Dard buy a score of 8-4.

mountainman

Booneville beat Huntville     5 ---1

Pottsville  beat Gravette    17 --- 3

Shiloh Christian beat Dover   4--- 3

mountainman

Booneville beat Pea Ridge     11--- 7 

Shiloh Christian  beat Pottsville  11--- 7

nastynice

Way to go Cats! Back to back Regional Champs!

OLDSCHOOL82

That was an ending you usually only see on tv or get to read about.  We had the man at the plate who you want in those situations.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas