• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8AA 2017

Started by SOUTHARK99, April 13, 2017, 05:58:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 15, 2017, 07:25:37 pm
Any news on the Garcia kid from HG moving. He was a hand full last year.

To Camden? I saw something about that. I'm not sure he would do that. His Dad is big into the program.

SOUTHARK99

No to Greenwood his mom lives up there.

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 15, 2017, 07:25:37 pm
Any news on the Garcia kid from HG moving. He was a hand full last year.
I have not heard this, but if it's true I wish the best for him.  CHG has other players who are "hand fulls."  Coach Chambers has some great young talent coming up behind a big veteran senior class next year and I fully expect another playoff run this Fall.  I believe they started practice this afternoon in preparations for that run.  We shall see how it turns out.

I know Bearden is expected to be good again along with Rison and Hampton, who both beat CHG last year.  I'm expecting a competitive 2A-8, even if some schools don't field teams.  The big four who could win it will all field teams.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Rida4Life on April 18, 2017, 02:30:08 pm
Talent-wise it should come down to Grove and Bearden.  but never count Rison out.  Hampton will be solid but I think everyone will have them circled on their calendars this year after all that went down last season.

Rison will have one of the faster 2A players in the state next year. Junior to be Malik Chavis finished 2nd in the 100m at state meet and 5th? (may have to correct that) in the Meet of Champs.

Rida4Life

Quote from: THA TRUTH on May 12, 2017, 02:00:55 pm

Don't want anymore 70-0 loses huh?? Not anything ur kids shouldn't be used to since it's been a man ongoing thing for 10 years... a program like pc needs to just shut up shop and save the school some money instead of wasting it in a program that will never get out of the gutters of 2a

We will see Truth... things are changing at PC.... that's all I will say for now.... no doubt JC has owned them so far.  You have every right to talk trash.... until that day when it all changes....

eldofan

Is Pc doing any spring football at the moment ?

Rida4Life

I was told that the new coaches are on campus and they are already working with the returning coaches and the team.  I don't think it's "spring ball" exactly but they are working from what I was told.
Words I heard were "lots of energy" "things moving fast" "this is going to be fun".
Sounds like administration made a good hire. 
Coaching staff has a good mix of experience, knowledge, youth, and energy.

eldofan

Sounds like the program is headed in the right direction .

dawgpound

Anybody know what schools are going to harmony groves team camp on the 26th

SOUTHARK99

I HEARD CAMDEN WILL BE THERE

HG Hornet

Quote from: dawgpound on May 18, 2017, 10:42:54 am
Anybody know what schools are going to harmony groves team camp on the 26th
CHG, Bearden, Camden-Fairview, Fordyce. 

SOUTHARK99

I talked to someone high up in JC. He said he was sure they will win the appeal and be back in 2A in 2018. He was already working on keeping Smackover as a non conference game.   

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 20, 2017, 11:31:57 am
I talked to someone high up in JC. He said he was sure they will win the appeal and be back in 2A in 2018. He was already working on keeping Smackover as a non conference game.

If they win the appeal. They are guaranteed to be back to 2A.

I'm glad they are wanting to keep the games going with Smackover.

I just love the rival between both of them.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 11, 2017, 01:02:43 pm
I'm hearing a rumor that Woodlawn, Strong, and Hermitage may not field football teams next year.  Anyone else heard this yet?  I hope its not true or CHG, Bearden, Rison, Hampton, and Parkers Chapel will all miss out on three conference games this season.   
Heard today that Strong has 30 out for Spring Football and they'll have a team next Fall.  Sounds good.  Surely Woodlawn will field a team.  Hermitage, I don't know anything about except that they had a Jr. High team last year.

Backwoods Bart

Bearden's spring game is Tuesday afternoon (weather permitting i guess). Should be interesting!

bleudog

June 06, 2017, 03:53:44 pm #115 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:17:51 pm by bleudog
This doesn't have anything to do with "8AA 2017" but since it came up earlier in the thread:

https://twitter.com/JeremyMuckADG/status/872132808176783361

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bleudog on June 06, 2017, 03:53:44 pm
This doesn't have anything to do with "8AA 2017" but since it came up earlier in the thread:

That would be a good thing if correct! :[)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 22, 2017, 01:40:47 pm
Heard today that Strong has 30 out for Spring Football and they'll have a team next Fall.  Sounds good.  Surely Woodlawn will field a team.  Hermitage, I don't know anything about except that they had a Jr. High team last year.

30 out for strong? Wow! Anthony is doing a good thing down there. Strong hasn't had that many numbers in a while.

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 06, 2017, 05:32:15 pm

Not good for Bearden or the rest of the 8

bleudog

June 06, 2017, 07:33:48 pm #119 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:33:10 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bleudog on June 06, 2017, 03:53:44 pm

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 06, 2017, 05:32:15 pm

Mr. Muck was reporting on the AAA ruling on JC's appeal. 

To be more direct, the AAA approved the classification appeal this morning.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 06, 2017, 05:52:26 pm
30 out for strong? Wow! Anthony is doing a good thing down there. Strong hasn't had that many numbers in a while.

Gregs a good coach and good person glad for him

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dr. Defense on June 06, 2017, 08:04:47 pm

Absolutely. He genuinely cares for every kid he coaches and outside of school.

Dr. Defense

Yep I've always thought a lot of him

HG Hornet

Quote from: Dr. Defense on June 06, 2017, 08:04:47 pm
Yes he is.  I've known him for years.  If I remember correctly, what I was told is they're  combining 9th grade with their Sr. High team and will not have a Jr. High team.  I may be wrong, but that's what I heard. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CHG Hornet on June 06, 2017, 08:39:02 pm
Yes he is.  I've known him for years.  If I remember correctly, what I was told is they're  combining 9th grade with their Sr. High team and will not have a Jr. High team.  I may be wrong, but that's what I heard.

That's good though. Especially for the 9th graders. They get a chance to be even better by their senior year.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 06, 2017, 10:10:43 pm
That's good though. Especially for the 9th graders. They get a chance to be even better by their senior year.
You are exactly right.  Four years back, CHG has some small numbers coming out for football so the coaches practiced 8th & 9th graders with the Senior High team.  My son was one of those 9th graders and he wound up getting pulled up to play most of his freshman year on the Senior High team.  Some kids quit and some kids' parents complained, but that's part of what made them a much better team now, since that 3-8 season in 2014.  That year, the CHG Junior High team won its first of three consecutive Conference titles as well.  I believe it's definitely for the betterment of the team, but I also do realize that a small 8th or 9th grader could get injured going head to head with a senior.  That, would be something that a smart coach would avoid happening, I'm sure. 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on June 06, 2017, 07:22:44 pm
Not good for Bearden or the rest of the 8

Slow down and pace yourself Puff, you have plenty of time to hijack good threads going forward. You don't have to go "all in" today! Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 07, 2017, 09:48:13 am
Slow down and pace yourself Puff, you have plenty of time to hijack good threads going forward. You don't have to go "all in" today! Lol

+1

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 07, 2017, 09:48:13 am

Who's hijacking, Bucktooth Bart,  you commented..... I replied.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on June 07, 2017, 03:46:59 pm
Who's hijacking, Bucktooth Bart,  you commented..... I replied.

Your short life of getting drummed in 3A has
made you a little  edgy?

dragondad

June 07, 2017, 11:35:12 pm #130 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:58:11 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 07, 2017, 04:23:36 pm
Your short life of getting drummed in 3A has
made you a little  edgy?

2016 Season JC 349 - Oponents 188

Drummed?  Bahahaha!   That's funny coming from a Bearden fan, even one of your slight caliber.  Do you even think before you type?  No worries, you'll disapear with your tail tucked and licking your wounds after the first game this season, just like you did last year.   27-6,  one would think you would actually know what drumming really is.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on June 07, 2017, 11:35:12 pm
2016 Season JC 349 - Oponents 188

Drummed?  Bahahaha!   That's funny coming from a Bearden fan, even one of your slight caliber.  Do you even think before you type?  No worries, you'll disapear with your tail tucked and licking your wounds after the first game this season, just like you did last year.   27-6,  one would think you would actually know what drumming really is.
5w

Their back!

Like in-laws,  that not only show up for free food, you have to stomach their parched humor
Puff Daddy laying it down

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 08, 2017, 01:23:18 am
5w

Their back!

Like in-laws,  that not only show up for free food, you have to stomach their parched humor
Puff Daddy laying it down

Just get your safe space ready, Snowflake,  game one is just around the corner.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on June 08, 2017, 01:15:26 pm
Just get your safe space ready, Snowflake,  game one is just around the corner.

It was about this time last year when you and your JC buddy went on the offensive. Your buddy got put in the harmony Hut and you lost your mind because of it. Go take a Xanax or get your fishing pole and go over to Corney Lake, and prepare yourself for the beating that JC's going to get on their home field this year. > Bart drops mic....

AirWarren

Harmony hut haha

Man....this 2a board is something.

bearbacker52

Just curious, but is there any other border town, that brings in out of staters to their school district?

dragondad

Bert, once again your short term memory has failed you.  Your banter seems familiar.... oh wait,  it's the same fecal foliage you spew every year.  Not a frog hairs difference in the chest pounding you did last year prior to the home field 27-6 beat down you witnessed that sent you into hiding like a pock faced school boy at his first school dance.  We could all hear that pubescent voice crack every time you squealed,  "games over, y'all get off!"   Don't worry,  when you arrive at David Carpenter Stadium, I'll make sure your presented with a gift bag containing a pillow to sit on to alleviate the butt-hurt, some tissues for the tears, and few honey lozenges for that gosh awful squeaking voice.

Maybe even a t-shirt with your war cry...."Games Over....Yall Get Off".

dragondad

Quote from: bearbacker52 on June 08, 2017, 06:45:13 pm
Just curious, but is there any other border town, that brings in out of staters to their school district?

Nah,  just JC..... but we have a huge recruiting budget so..... helps that we have 747 and private landing strip as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bearbacker52 on June 08, 2017, 06:45:13 pm

I suspect Green Forest actually loses a few kids to Blue Eye Missouri....as the town of Blue Eye(like junction City) sits on the state line...

But Junction City is the only Arkansas school to pull in out of state Kids...

bearbacker52

Is jc the only school that has players from out of state on its roster?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on June 08, 2017, 06:46:04 pm
Bert, once again your short term memory has failed you.  Your banter seems familiar.... oh wait,  it's the same fecal foliage you spew every year.  Not a frog hairs difference in the chest pounding you did last year prior to the home field 27-6 beat down you witnessed that sent you into hiding like a pock faced school boy at his first school dance.  We could all hear that pubescent voice crack every time you squealed,  "games over, y'all get off!"   Don't worry,  when you arrive at David Carpenter Stadium, I'll make sure your presented with a gift bag containing a pillow to sit on to alleviate the butt-hurt, some tissues for the tears, and few honey lozenges for that gosh awful squeaking voice.

Maybe even a t-shirt with your war cry...."Games Over....Yall Get Off".

Case & point:   Puffdaddy has been posting these manifestos since his JC buddy had to do the stretch in the Harmony Hut last year. Puff has not been the same since. It's really sad to see my friend in this shape! Lol not really.  ;)

it's 2017 Puff, stop living in the past.

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 08, 2017, 07:29:33 pm

Case & point:   Puffdaddy has been posting these manifestos since his JC buddy had to do the stretch in the Harmony Hut last year. Puff has not been the same since. It's really sad to see my friend in this shape! Lol not really.  ;)

it's 2017 Puff, stop living in the past.

Never defended him, he got himself ejected and he can handle his own...... you on the other hand?   Ernie called,  he wants his rubber duckies back.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bearbacker52 on June 08, 2017, 07:21:13 pm

That live out of state or moved in from out of state?

dragondad

Quote from: bearbacker52 on June 08, 2017, 07:21:13 pm

Are there teams that have out of district players on their roster?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on June 08, 2017, 07:34:43 pm
Never defended him, he got himself ejected and he can handle his own...... you on the other hand?   Ernie called,  he wants his rubber duckies back.

That's funny. Because their coaches name is Ernie. 😂

dragondad

June 08, 2017, 08:30:35 pm #145 Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:35:15 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 08, 2017, 08:20:21 pm
That's funny. Because their coaches name is Ernie. 😂

Well there you go,  Bert and Ernie..... poor Ernie,  I actually feel bad for him knowing ole Bert is his team's FF banner boy.   

bleudog

June 08, 2017, 10:12:57 pm #146 Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:12:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 08, 2017, 06:56:20 pm
I suspect Green Forest actually loses a few kids to Blue Eye Missouri....as the town of Blue Eye(like junction City) sits on the state line...

But Junction City is the only Arkansas school to pull in out of state Kids...

I was told (by a guy who works with a company that handles school bond issues) there is an Arkansas school near the boot heel of Missouri that has some Missouri kids.  Something about bends in the Mississippi River and bridge locations that make going to the nearest MO school more difficult than going to the nearest AR school.  He said the numbers of these kids was smaller than the JC number.  He didn't remember the name of the school and I'm not familiar with that area so I can't confirm.

stuck in between

Quote from: dragondad on June 08, 2017, 08:14:12 pm

I know that in the past Camden Harmony Grove has picked up a few players from Sparkman. Some years zero, then others as many as three. I do not know how that works due to Sparkman actually being governed by the Harmony Grove school district. I do not think Sparkman's enrolment counts towards CHG's classification numbers, but I could be wrong. On average you are talking about fewer than thirty kids. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: stuck in between on June 09, 2017, 07:22:01 am
Quote from: dragondad on June 08, 2017, 08:14:12 pm

I know that in the past Camden Harmony Grove has picked up a few players from Sparkman. Some years zero, then others as many as three. I do not know how that works due to Sparkman actually being governed by the Harmony Grove school district. I do not think Sparkman's enrolment counts towards CHG's classification numbers, but I could be wrong. On average you are talking about fewer than thirty kids. 

Consolidated districts can do that....they just have to make that team participate at the larger schools classifications.

dragondad

There are more than a few kids that live in the JC district who attend PC or ElDorado....and yes, some play sports.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas