• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Shirley will win it all

Started by JimmyChitwood, March 06, 2017, 09:22:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyChitwood

1. Maturity: They start 4 seniors, and 1 junior and bring 1 senior and 1 junior off the bench.
2. Inside game with Fuller and Privitt (averaging 40 points between them the last 2 games)
3. The threat of Easton Freeman's 3-point game will distract Guy's best defender as it did to Kirby and ICC.
4. They play 5 players as one unit. Guy is more individualized.

StateChamps09

How many does there big men average playing guy? Go ahead I'll wait. How many does there shooting guard average playing guy? I'll wait again... good luck to both teams, and may the best win. But some of the things y'all are posting have no credit to them...

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 09:51:25 am
How many does there big men average playing guy? Go ahead I'll wait. How many does there shooting guard average playing guy? I'll wait again... good luck to both teams, and may the best win. But some of the things y'all are posting have no credit to them...
Like Jerry Reed said in the song, "When you're hot, you're hot." Shirley is hot.

PeedeecreekBoy99

jimmy could not agree more! Shirley plays great team ball

StateChamps09

So no one is going to answer my question? Lol ok

BannerMountainMan

#5 is prolly averaging 15+, and #3 prolly gets 10..both from post play but yes I agree you lock down #23 pretty good as he only averages about two 3's a game against y'all.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:07:32 am
#5 is prolly averaging 15+, and #3 prolly gets 10..both from post play but yes I agree you lock down #23 pretty good as he only averages about two 3's a game against y'all.
But when you have to use your best defender to shut Freeman (#23) down, you open things up for the others who can score with the exception of Spurlin (#30) who is more of a facilitator.

thebigman3

+1 +1

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 06, 2017, 10:13:58 am
+1 +1
i looked at it..first meeting #23 scored 27 I believe..and last two meetings he had in between 10-15 in the last two games

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 11:30:10 am
i looked at it..first meeting #23 scored 27 I believe..and last two meetings he had in between 10-15 in the last two games
+100

ZacAttack

How many does there big men average playing guy? Go ahead I'll wait. How many does there shooting guard average playing guy? I'll wait again... good luck to both teams,
I don't have access to either teams scorebook, but looking at the 3 previous matchups, Guy has outscored Shirley by a TOTAL of 6 points!  So, and I'm just looking at the numbers of past games, Guy is 2 points better per game.

So, Guy has the winningest coach in Arkansas, the best athletes, and the most state titles.  Why am I wasting my time going to watch this game?  Because I think it will be a great game against the 2 best teams in the state.

HoopMan

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 10:09:10 am
But when you have to use your best defender to shut Freeman (#23) down, you open things up for the others who can score with the exception of Spurlin (#30) who is more of a facilitator.

Yeah he cant score what so ever. Takes care of the ball though. Zero fear of him shooting it though

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: HoopMan on March 06, 2017, 01:39:01 pm
Yeah he cant score what so ever. Takes care of the ball though. Zero fear of him shooting it though
hoop man that is dumb! If 23 gets his open looks you need to be scared. Thats why every team plays lockdown on him.

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 02:05:08 pm
hoop man that is dumb! If 23 gets his open looks you need to be scared. Thats why every team plays lockdown on him.
If he's wide open, yeah I fear him. When you put a box and 1 on him he does nothing.

StateChamps09

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 10:09:10 am

Soooo #55 is guys best defender? He shut him down in regionals... he had 3 points, a two at the begging of the game and a free throw.. I KNOW 55 can guard anyone he chooses...

StateChamps09

Quote from: ZacAttack on March 06, 2017, 11:59:43 am
I don't have access to either teams scorebook, but looking at the 3 previous matchups, Guy has outscored Shirley by a TOTAL of 6 points!  So, and I'm just looking at the numbers of past games, Guy is 2 points better per game.

So, Guy has the winningest coach in Arkansas, the best athletes, and the most state titles.  Why am I wasting my time going to watch this game?  Because I think it will be a great game against the 2 best teams in the state.

False, but I do
Agree it will be a great game

BannerMountainMan

StateChamps09

26+9= what? 35. Y'all beat isnat the beginning of the year by what was it 19 or 21? 35-19 or 21 is not 6....

StateChamps09

Ahh my bad it was (22)+(9)- 21... which is still 10... not 6. But I get
Your drift, should be a great game. Can't wait!

HoopMan

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 02:05:08 pm

what are you even talking about? I was talking about 30

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 03:24:48 pm
26+9= what? 35. Y'all beat isnat the beginning of the year by what was it 19 or 21? 35-19 or 21 is not 6....
Alright man so we beat y'all by 9 first game. Then you beat us by 12 the second game- okay let's do the math12-9 = 3 and then y'all beat us by 3..let's do some more math- 3+3= 6. Good 1st grade math session by Bannerman

StateChamps09

Don't think you have those numbers right. All that matter is saturday... we'll see what's what then. Best of luck.

BannerMountainMan

March 06, 2017, 03:36:48 pm #22 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:39:35 pm by BannerMountainMan
Oh boy. I don't think you have the numbers right.
Just checked our scores book and max preps.
Guess I'll do some counting for the ole state champ
First game- 85-76 us         9
Second game-54-66 yall   -12
Third game- 63-66 yall      -3
                                      =3

StateChamps09

Hmmm, had them written down. That's my fault. I can admit when I'm wrong. Touché 2 points better a game. Guess we'll see what the spread looks like at the finals.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: HoopMan on March 06, 2017, 03:28:24 pm
what are you even talking about? I was talking about 30
my bad! It looked like u was talking about 23.. i read it wrong my apologies.

HoopMan

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 03:46:02 pm
my bad! It looked like u was talking about 23.. i read it wrong my apologies.

No. He is one of the best shooters I have ever watched. for sure not talking about him lol

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: HoopMan on March 06, 2017, 03:50:13 pm
No. He is one of the best shooters I have ever watched. for sure not talking about him lol
haha  ;)

Captain General

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 06, 2017, 02:08:47 pm
If he's wide open, yeah I fear him. When you put a box and 1 on him he does nothing.

If he is boxed, this middles open up for the posts.  He doesn't have too.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Captain General on March 06, 2017, 05:20:45 pm
exactly!

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: Captain General on March 06, 2017, 05:20:45 pm
y'all are forgetting that Guy has two pretty big, decent height players to stop the interior. And I figure Hutchcraft will just play them straight up anyways

PeedeecreekBoy99

Who are u pastor penguin? New to fearless i see

Pastor Penguin

Also, it's a whole different story for shooters who shoot in that arena with thousands watching you in the biggest game of your life with no background and your last high school basketball game if you're a senior

Pastor Penguin

PeedeecreekBoy99

JimmyChitwood

I bet he is Sack Attack under another name.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Hnmmmm wouldnt be a suprise. Or daddy eagle, i can see eagle parent, creating a new account to mouth shirley

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 08:21:44 pm
Another guy fan huh
negative comrade. I have Guy winning because they have the most talent. However, I believe Shirley has the better coach and will have a better game plan but I don't know if it'll be enough. I'm actually rooting for Shirley considering they are homegrown kids but I think Guy wins at the end of the day

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Pastor Penguin on March 06, 2017, 08:28:34 pm
negative comrade. I have Guy wining because they have the most talent. However, I believe Shirley has the better coach and will have a better game plan but I don't know if it'll be enough. I'm actually rooting for Shirley considering they are homegrown kids but I think Guy wins at the end of the day
Amen, Amen, Amen! Coach Brown doesn't get enough credit! He is one of the best coaches in the state overall not just 1A. Put him coaching Somewhere with more kids to choose from and he would win year in and year out. He already has Shirley on a competitive level every year and like this one, makes a run when he has more to work with.

PeedeecreekBoy99

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 08:31:17 pm
Amen, Amen, Amen! Coach Brown doesn't get enough credit! He is one of the best coaches in the state overall not just 1A. Put him coaching Somewhere with more kids to choose from and he would win year in and year out. He already has Shirley on a competitive level every year and like this one, makes a run when he has more to work with.
+1 idk how anyone could say he is not a great coach.like daddy eagle says all the time

Pastor Penguin

I think he's a great coach. He'll have them well prepared also. But like I said, Guy will be very tough to beat because of their talent level.

Central Ark

Quote from: Pastor Penguin on March 06, 2017, 08:38:20 pm
I think he's a great coach. He'll have them well prepared also. But like I said, Guy will be very tough to beat because of their talent level.

Which church do you pastor

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: Central Ark on March 06, 2017, 08:52:16 pm
Which church do you pastor
The First Catholic Church of Antarctica. Book your trip today!

Catfish

+100

Central Ark

Quote from: Pastor Penguin on March 06, 2017, 08:54:21 pm
The First Catholic Church of Antarctica. Book your trip today!
Then you would be Father Penguin right? I'm doubting your profession

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: Central Ark on March 06, 2017, 08:57:32 pm
Then you would be Father Penguin right? I'm doubting your profession
um, do you not know what a pastor is?

PeedeecreekBoy99

So do you preach to penguins? Or are u a penguin

Central Ark

Quote from: Pastor Penguin on March 06, 2017, 09:00:13 pm
um, do you not know what a pastor is?
Guess not, just always heard pastor before a Protestant minister. Not catholic. My apologies

Pastor Penguin

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: Central Ark on March 06, 2017, 09:03:30 pm
Guess not, just always heard pastor before a Protestant minister. Not catholic. My apologies
it's all good. No apologies needed

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas