• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A BOYS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Shirley vs Guy-Perkins (Sat 4:15)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 08:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Shirley
32 (50.8%)
Guy-Perkinns
31 (49.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:46:59 pm

PeedeecreekBoy99

Every team keeps him on lockdown! Which opens up the inside for jed and fuller. And if they back off of freeman he will light it up

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 10:31:23 am
Every team keeps him on lockdown! Which opens up the inside for jed and fuller. And if they back off of freeman he will light it up
Guy has a match up for everyone on Shirley. I think this helps Guy a lot.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 10:31:23 am
Agree totally! This is exactly how Shirley beat Deer, Kirby, and ICC. They go with the scouting report and get gashed inside.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 10:34:03 am
Agree totally! This is exactly how Shirley beat Deer, Kirby, and ICC. They go with the scouting report and get gashed inside.
+100

thebigman3

Guy is more hungry for this than Shirley. They got close last year and they're here this year. I'm sure Shirley wants it bad as well, but Guy wants it more no doubt in my mind. Good luck to both teams, I think it will be a great game.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Bigman you gotta understand how hungry shirley is for it too, i think they both equally want it just as bad. Thats why this will be so fun to watch

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:01:18 am
recruiting does not mean your paying the players are you stupid.. college coaches recruit legally by not paying players, get out of here with that crap..recruiting means looking at other players and trying to get them come in, unless you know something about paying players?? Bay fans please stand up and get this guy before he accidentally lets something out
There's nothing to let out. Any coach could ask any player to come. It's the players choice to where he or she decides to go to school. Quit being a baby and own up and admit that you know Guy is about to run through you guys. Lol

Thechosen1

If you wasn't so high on your team and wasn't such a dip stick I may give Shirley some credit. But they are very average lol. We beat you guys on your home floor at the end of the year and we were very average and only had two players who could score. Lol

BlueDevilFan

March 06, 2017, 11:03:30 am #108 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:10:06 am by BlueDevilFan
Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 10:13:39 am
My inside sources say that all of Shirley's starting 5 did not play "pee wee" together any truth to this?

Some what true, #23 came in the 7th grade when his family moved to this area, however they did play against each other during pee wee so that kind of counts right?

As to the #30 and Amorel, he played here in pee wee moved to Amorel then back here his 7th or 8th can't remember.  However they are all hometown boys.

Look all this doesn't matter, just by Shirley making it to finals there will be kids who transfer in just like they did at GP or any other school that's what parents to to try and get their kid a opportunity to get a ring.

As long as it's done by the AAA rules it is what it is period.

Now who will win Saturday, my biased opinion is Shirley but who ever it is it will be a close game nor more than 3 or 4 points is my guess.

Bottom line ladies and gentlemen root for your team's there is no need to try and tear down the other team or their coach when trying to prove your point.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 11:01:31 am
If you wasn't so high on your team and wasn't such a dip stick I may give Shirley some credit. But they are very average lol. We beat you guys on your home floor at the end of the year and we were very average and only had two players who could score. Lol
lol was u at that game??

Thechosen1

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 11:01:31 am
if guy runs through us and beats us 20 I will call myself a dipstick like you call everybody who doesn't agree with you

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 11:10:29 am
if guy runs through us and beats us 20 I will call myself a dipstick like you call everybody who doesn't agree with you
I was planning on being nice to Shirley at first but you jumped in on me so I apologize to all Shirley fans besides Banner, he and his team are too good I guess.

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 11:10:29 am
As the old saying goes, give respect to get respect. I gave you and your team respect after the game with us.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 11:12:15 am
I was planning on being nice to Shirley at first but you jumped in on me so I apologize to all Shirley fans besides Banner, he and his team are too good I guess.
you were never gonna be nice the first thing you said on here is how bad Shirley was so don't even go there

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 11:14:42 am
you were never gonna be nice the first thing you said on here is how bad Shirley was so don't even go there
I 100% was until you started in throwing shots at me.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 11:17:05 am
I 100% was until you started in throwing shots at me.
im pretty sure like 7 people threw shots at you..don't even know why 🤔

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 11:18:22 am
im pretty sure like 7 people threw shots at you..don't even know why 🤔
That's fine. Doesn't bother me to be the bad guy.

StateChamps09

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 06, 2017, 10:27:30 am
Kids got a shot on him, but he don't shoot against Guy for some reason.

Cause 55 clamps him up lol

PeedeecreekBoy99

March 06, 2017, 11:40:49 am #119 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:43:43 am by PeedeecreekBoy99
Nah

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 11:20:06 am
That's fine. Doesn't bother me to be the bad guy.
You are not the bad guy just the DA of Bay

Hero of Twin Groves

Banner I'm just wondering where you are getting your information about the Shirley team.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 12:34:47 pm
Banner I'm just wondering where you are getting your information about the Shirley team.
probably at the getting place!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 12:34:47 pm
probably from the sources theirselves..messed up on the Freeman thing. His family is originally from Shirley but started at Nemo because that's where his dad is from and his mom is from Shirley and got a job at Nemo. Moved to Clinton one year during those early years but went back to Nemo..his mom got a job at Shirley bout 5 years ago and wanted to go back to the roots..his mom Is Coach Browns sister I believe

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 12:55:11 pm
probably from the sources theirselves..messed up on the Freeman thing. His family is originally from Shirley but started at Nemo because that's where his dad is from and his mom is from Shirley and got a job at Nemo. Moved to Clinton one year during those early years but went back to Nemo..his mom got a job at Shirley bout 5 years ago and wanted to go back to the roots..his mom Is Coach Browns sister I believe
+1 banner.

Thechosen1

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 11:56:16 am
You are not the bad guy just the DA of Bay
We'll see how many times the All Stars slam on you Saturday ;)

Hero of Twin Groves

So you could say that his family is originally from nemo as well?

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 01:16:25 pm
that has nothing to do with what yall was discussing. Chosen boy

SlamminAllStar

March 06, 2017, 02:28:12 pm #128 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:00:02 pm by SlamminAllStar
Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 01:16:25 pm
Im not from Shirley at all DB😂.  Unless they come up in the stands I'm in peewee ball

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 02:28:12 pm
Im not from Shirley at all DB😂.  Unless they come up in the stands I'm in peewee ball
oh wow lol😂😂😂😂😂

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 02:28:12 pm
thats why i said it has nothing to do with the topic 😂 ;D ;D

BannerMountainMan

Oh I was talking about him being in peewee ball hahahah

Catfish

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 11:14:42 am

Banner why are you even still messing with this guy? Lol

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 03:43:22 pm
Oh I was talking about him being in peewee ball hahahah
banner i was talking about chosen 1 not u haha

Thechosen1

Quote from: Catfish on March 06, 2017, 03:47:48 pm
Why are you still on FF idiot? Lol your team isn't even in the state tournament. Wasn't last year either.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Catfish on March 06, 2017, 03:47:48 pm
You remind me of one of them players that graduated a couple years back who never leaves the high school, dropped out of college and hangs out with high school kids. Lol. That's you spot on.

Pastor Penguin

JimmyChitwood

Pastor Penguin

JimmyChitwood

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 04:39:27 pm
You remind me of one of them players that graduated a couple years back who never leaves the high school, dropped out of college and hangs out with high school kids. Lol. That's you spot on.
Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 04:38:32 pm
Why are you still on FF idiot? Lol your team isn't even in the state tournament. Wasn't last year either.

My team did make the state tournament last time I checked? 🤔 And yes that's right! Hope that's ok with you Mr. Chosen One! 😂

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 05:01:57 pm
Like the penguin on Billy Madison.
oh. Now that's cool man. Looks like I signed up on a good day too!

PrivateLesson

Captain General

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 10:32:58 pm
Shirley maybe the easiest team to guard lol. Triangle and 2 number 5 and 23 and watch for 10. 30 isn't going to score and neither is 3.

ICC attempted this.  #3 obliterated that game plan.
Your disrespect for Shirley and their athletic ability is amusing. You are a child throwing a fit. I suggest growin up before your in the real world.

Now that that's vented.  I am preparing for what promises to be an GREAT game Saturday. Guy has more experience for a game this hyped, but I think Shirley will show up to play.

PrivateLesson

thebigman3

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 10:32:58 pm
Shirley maybe the easiest team to guard lol. Triangle and 2 number 5 and 23 and watch for 10. 30 isn't going to score and neither is 3.
Def wouldn't say triangle and 2. They're not that worthy. Box and 1 23 he does nothing like i've said. 5 is solid and will bang. Force his game to the perimeter he struggles. 3 can rebound but cannot hit free throws to save his life and can't shoot much of anything but a layup. Stay in front of 30 he won't go anywhere. He can't take close up defense like Guy likes to play and panics when the press is tough and crowd is into it.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Captain General on March 06, 2017, 05:13:39 pm
ICC attempted this.  #3 obliterated that game plan.
Your disrespect for Shirley and their athletic ability is amusing. You are a child throwing a fit. I suggest growin up before your in the real world.

Now that that's vented.  I am preparing for what promises to be an GREAT game Saturday. Guy has more experience for a game this hyped, but I think Shirley will show up to play.
You do know we're talking about playing GP right? Lol the most athletic team in 1A. That is the best way to guard Shirley. We beat them playing that. If #3 beats you then they're just a better team but I can promise GP won't let that happen.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 06:02:25 pm
You do know we're talking about playing GP right? Lol the most athletic team in 1A. That is the best way to guard Shirley. We beat them playing that. If #3 beats you then they're just a better team but I can promise GP won't let that happen.
ICC and guy, two very different teams. Shirley is better than ICC so they came out on the winning side. We'll see how they respond to the pressure GP will put on them.

Pastor Penguin

Quote from: PrivateLesson on March 06, 2017, 05:10:46 pm
Who you root for Pastor Penguin??
I root for good high school teams. Consider me a bandwagoner

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas