• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Wonderview vs Bay(Thursday 7:00)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:47:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Wonderview
40 (67.8%)
Bay
19 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:47:35 pm

High flyer

Banner , The girls didn't forget. They smelled blood an were going to run norfork out of the gym. Simon does like he always does he called a time out an panicked. 23 got hurt an he panicked. started to stall the game run the clock. took his team out of rhythm . plus he had 4 player with 4 fouls an 1 with 3 fouls .

Thechosen1

Quote from: High flyer on March 08, 2017, 10:30:21 am
Banner , The girls didn't forget. They smelled blood an were going to run norfork out of the gym. Simon does like he always does he called a time out an panicked. 23 got hurt an he panicked. started to stall the game run the clock. took his team out of rhythm . plus he had 4 player with 4 fouls an 1 with 3 fouls .
Are you sure they panicked or norfork just decided they wanted to play. Because that's what it looked like to me

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 08, 2017, 10:49:54 am
Are you sure they panicked or norfork just decided they wanted to play. Because that's what it looked like to me
norfork just had an off night in the first half..couldn't get anything to fall

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 08, 2017, 10:53:13 am
norfork just had an off night in the first half..couldn't get anything to fall
I agree, plus it being a mental thing playing the only team that beat them all year. Wv luckily escaped that run I was starting to think norfork was about to pull it out

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 08, 2017, 10:11:45 am
That lead the had blew in the semisfinals was just inexcusable. You don't go from up 25 to up 1 in 5 minutes. Wonderview turned the ball over 4 times in a row in the span of 1 minute if I remember correctly! In that span Wonderview tried to start holding the ball which leads to no off-ball movement and they settled for a few outside shots. They forgot their bread and butter
#5 was on the bench. People don't seem to understand that. She broke the press time and time again. She is the reason we were up 23 points. Only true ball handler. If she doesn't get in foul trouble the game would have stayed a blowout

High flyer

I agree with you motown to a point . #5 is the best ball handler the have . But she not the only one on that team that can handle the ball. There bench was also in foul trouble an he started there stall to early. I believe the fouls were 6 to 1 when norfork made there run. norforks favor. they just had to watch them make layups after being mugged on the other end of the floor.

Scout404

Wonderview vs Norfork was a fairly even matchup going into the game.
If you take away 23 from wonderview I think Norfork is a 10-15 point favorite
3 players with 4 fouls.  2 of the 3 leading ball handlers were on the bench in the 4th.
If I didn't see the game and someone told me wonderview would have a  top player go out in the first quarter to not return and 2 others having to sit multiple minutes  due to foul trouble, I would have almost guaranteed you Norfork would have won and won by double digits. 

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Scout404 on March 08, 2017, 11:58:49 am
Wonderview vs Norfork was a fairly even matchup going into the game.
If you take away 23 from wonderview I think Norfork is a 10-15 point favorite
3 players with 4 fouls.  2 of the 3 leading ball handlers were on the bench in the 4th.
If I didn't see the game and someone told me wonderview would have a  top player go out in the first quarter to not return and 2 others having to sit multiple minutes  due to foul trouble, I would have almost guaranteed you Norfork would have won and won by double digits.
i agree with this for sure. WV was very fortunate considering the circumstances

gobblerfire

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 08, 2017, 12:07:44 pm
i agree with this for sure. WV was very fortunate considering the circumstances

That's what set Wonderview ahead of the field.

High flyer

I agree there team pulled together an won. I may be wrong but I don't see bay beating them as long as they play that way.

Thechosen1

High flyer

I don't know what there best might be. I have only seen them play in the state at mt ida.  I will ask the same for you have you seen WV at there best?

Thechosen1

Quote from: High flyer on March 08, 2017, 01:57:05 pm
I don't know what there best might be. I have only seen them play in the state at mt ida.  I will ask the same for you have you seen WV at there best?
Same here. But I wouldn't doubt us.

Scout404

I watched  Bay play twice during the year. I could tell they had talent but at the time they did not seem like a state finals contender. Obviously they  have made some adjustments and they are working. They had a tough road to get to Hot Springs

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: High flyer on March 08, 2017, 10:30:21 am
Believe me when I say I have seen panic. I thought it happened in the Kirby semis last year when we had a lead. But if you call it stalling when we couldn't even get the ball to half court on 4 consecutive trips without #5 on the court then I guess the stall game has different meaning to me. Either way Simon gets his 2nd ring at WV tonight. Go Green

Moonshiner

#5 is a great player, and was a key factor in beating the press.  But to say she was the reason they had a 23 point lead is inaccurate.  She helped for sure. Norfork's inability to make a shot was the reason they were ahead by 23. 
Norfork showed what they are capable of.  They erased a 23 point deficit to a top notch team in a span of about 5 minutes.  It's a shame those two teams were on the same side of the bracket. 

Thechosen1

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 09, 2017, 10:50:48 am
#5 is a great player, and was a key factor in beating the press.  But to say she was the reason they had a 23 point lead is inaccurate.  She helped for sure. Norfork's inability to make a shot was the reason they were ahead by 23. 
Norfork showed what they are capable of.  They erased a 23 point deficit to a top notch team in a span of about 5 minutes.  It's a shame those two teams were on the same side of the bracket.
So you've said like 5 times it's a shame they were on the same side, so are you saying Norfork would have beaten Bay? I highly doubt we get down 25. Dodson did not come to play. Wv won. State finals tonight at 7 the best two teams are playing. Hope to see you there!

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 10:58:02 am
So you've said like 5 times it's a shame they were on the same side, so are you saying Norfork would have beaten Bay? I highly doubt we get down 25. Dodson did not come to play. Wv won. State finals tonight at 7 the best two teams are playing. Hope to see you there!
should be a great game. Good luck to both teams. Win or lose both of these teams have played and beat some really good teams and had great years.

94hogs

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 08, 2017, 11:04:06 am
#5 was on the bench. People don't seem to understand that. She broke the press time and time again. She is the reason we were up 23 points. Only true ball handler. If she doesn't get in foul trouble the game would have stayed a blowout
You were up 23pts cuz norfork didnt make free throws. Norfork wuda made half their free throws, norfork wins. Foul trouble or not, norfork would have beaten wv if they would have played 4 qtrs. But they didnt. WV won. That's that.  WV wins BIG TONIGHT.

94hogs

You should be ashamed of yourself to call out a player by name and say that crap. Yep. Thats what happened. She said ya i dont wanna come to play. I for one can't wait to see her play college ball. I really hope you are an adolescent and not an adult. One thing i can say about norfork and wv is they are both teams that play with class and win and lose with class. They aren't boastful, smart-mouthed or hateful. They carry themselves better than most adults act on here. Hats off to a great year to Norfork.

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 11:54:56 am
You should be ashamed of yourself to call out a player by name and say that crap. Yep. Thats what happened. She said ya i dont wanna come to play. I for one can't wait to see her play college ball. I really hope you are an adolescent and not an adult. One thing i can say about norfork and wv is they are both teams that play with class and win and lose with class. They aren't boastful, smart-mouthed or hateful. They carry themselves better than most adults act on here. Hats off to a great year to Norfork.
I said she didn't come to play? Sorry if that hurt your feelings but the truth hurts. She played bad. Idk what makes you think wv will win BIG either. They haven't won big the whole state tournament.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 12:00:14 pm
I said she didn't come to play? Sorry if that hurt your feelings but the truth hurts. She played bad. Idk what makes you think wv will win BIG either. They haven't won big the whole state tournament.
It doesn't hurt my feelings. It makes me ill.

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 12:04:44 pm
It doesn't hurt my feelings. It makes me ill.
Wow. Sorry I said her name instead of her jersey number.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 12:11:11 pm
Wow. Sorry I said her name instead of her jersey number.
like i said, i really hope you are a teenager who just wasn't raised with respect or manners!

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 12:25:40 pm
like i said, i really hope you are a teenager who just wasn't raised with respect or manners!
lol you act as if you're just a role model on here. Come on man

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 12:26:57 pm
lol you act as if you're just a role model on here. Come on man
I dont act like anything. But you can bet you wont find a comment from me judging a teenager or calling a teenager out about how bad they played. Bet that.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 02:37:27 pm
I dont act like anything. But you can bet you wont find a comment from me judging a teenager or calling a teenager out about how bad they played. Bet that.
daddy e does and a few others so don't feel to bad Hogman

SlamminAllStar

Majorpain

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 09, 2017, 11:17:16 am
should be a great game. Good luck to both teams. Win or lose both of these teams have played and beat some really good teams and had great years.
The chosen1....really ? You have to be delusional to think that Bay is half the team WV or Norfork was . It is a joke that they are in finals to start with as for Dodson she was amazing that night. Yes she missed some but her head was there tans she bounced back and quite well I do believe . Bay isn't half the team Norfork is so that is why it's a shame they were on the same side of the bracket everyone knows this state finals game is a joke

94hogs

All i am sayin' is have a little class. Just a little. But even some of the Bay fans on here find chosen1 to be a little ridiculous. If chosen 1 watched the final quarter of the game last wknd he would have seen just how the player he called out tried to rectify the first 3 qtrs. Norfork lost as a team. Just as they won as a team all year. They beat the 3-a and 4-a team playing in their state finals game this weekend. The heartbreak on the players faces especially the seniors said alot for how bad they wanted that win saturday night and how bad they wished they could have had the first half back! Doesnt work that way. Good luck to both teams tonight.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Majorpain on March 09, 2017, 03:51:50 pm
The chosen1....really ? You have to be delusional to think that Bay is half the team WV or Norfork was . It is a joke that they are in finals to start with as for Dodson she was amazing that night. Yes she missed some but her head was there tans she bounced back and quite well I do believe . Bay isn't half the team Norfork is so that is why it's a shame they were on the same side of the bracket everyone knows this state finals game is a joke
Lol we will see bud. You seem a little delusional to think that because the finals are the two best teams every year. No excuses or cries of being on the same side, win or go home. Lmk how softball is going

Motownsportsfan

Nothing but respect for Norfork. Great team and their fans were super classy. True story. A Older WV fan was in line at concession stand. He was 3rd in line. A Norfork fan was first in line. He saw the WV fan was a vietnam veteran and asked the gentleman what he wanted. The vet said just a coke. The Norfork fan said I will buy you something to eat too. The Vet said thank you but I'm not hungry. The lady who was 2nd in line got mad and said he can't cut in front of me. The Norfork gentleman said lady these people are why we get to enjoy the things we have in America. I thought that was a very classy gesture.

Majorpain

Bay is a mess than mediocre team so ya not a game a t and yes Norfork should've have beaten WV Norfork showed  up for one quarter basically. What was missed in that whole game is an obvious concussion and we put the kid back in hat was the  biggest issue with that game. At the end of the day Boone will be talking about the Bay vs WV game it will still be Norfork and WV best game hands down. Bay .... eh they got a girl that can't shoot and one that has a temper and hits other girls in the face and has to sit down.... not very exciting but good luck chosen......1....

94hogs

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 09, 2017, 04:17:09 pm
Nothing but respect for Norfork. Great team and their fans were super classy. True story. A Older WV fan was in line at concession stand. He was 3rd in line. A Norfork fan was first in line. He saw the WV fan was a vietnam veteran and asked the gentleman what he wanted. The vet said just a coke. The Norfork fan said I will buy you something to eat too. The Vet said thank you but I'm not hungry. The lady who was 2nd in line got mad and said he can't cut in front of me. The Norfork gentleman said lady these people are why we get to enjoy the things we have in America. I thought that was a very classy gesture.
Same w wv folks. One of the wv fans seen 2 of our seniors crying after the game. Se hugged them both. Told them what an amazing game they played and that they sure had the wonderview fans a little worried down the stretch. Thats class folks. I won't name names of schools but you aint gonna get that from several Fanbases that post on here. And the lady panthers will be there tonight cheerin on the wv lady daredevils.

HorseFeathers

..... I think Wonderview wins..... But a lot of folks will be eating a lot of crow if bay pulls off the upset.   

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Majorpain on March 09, 2017, 04:23:40 pm
Bay is a mess than mediocre team so ya not a game a t and yes Norfork should've have beaten WV Norfork showed  up for one quarter basically. What was missed in that whole game is an obvious concussion and we put the kid back in hat was the  biggest issue with that game. At the end of the day Boone will be talking about the Bay vs WV game it will still be Norfork and WV best game hands down. Bay .... eh they got a girl that can't shoot and one that has a temper and hits other girls in the face and has to sit down.... not very exciting but good luck chosen......1....
the girl got hit in the neck. No concussion.

94hogs

94hogs

Moonshiner

Bay couldn't even beat I.C.C.  How you gonna beat Norfork?  Not sure what you're smoking but Dodson led all scorers in that game.  She missed some free throws early, but played quite well. You ran your mouth all last week about the Bay boys.  Looks like you would've learned your lesson.  Maybe you're just not very intelligent.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Majorpain on March 09, 2017, 04:23:40 pm
Less than mediocre 😂 When they play they are very good. Wouldn't be in the finals if they were "less than mediocre" the wv norfork game was awful until one quarter. Y'all had 19 points going into the 4th I believe. That's mediocre buddy.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2017, 04:27:07 pm
..... I think Wonderview wins..... But a lot of folks will be eating a lot of crow if bay pulls off the upset.
Hey Horsefeathers I let you off the hook with my post about how Nemo was not gonna be back after their championship last year. I don't eat crow and don't like feeding it either even tho your response was Mahan Harrison and Munoz would like a word with you. Those three were great they just lost too much from team.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 04:54:53 pm
Less than mediocre 😂 When they play they are very good. Wouldn't be in the finals if they were "less than mediocre" the wv norfork game was awful until one quarter. Y'all had 19 points going into the 4th I believe. That's mediocre buddy.
It was  19 at the half jackhole. And noone in the girls tournament scored as many pointsin a qtr  as the norfork girls did in that 4th qtr. so get a clue dude. Bay let ICC beat them which norfork beat bt over 20 3 times.

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 04:58:46 pm
It was  19 at the half jackhole. And noone in the girls tournament scored as many pointsin a qtr  as the norfork girls did in that 4th qtr. so get a clue dude. Bay let ICC beat them which norfork beat bt over 20 3 times.
That doesn't matter. All that does is we're in the finals. And you're not, maybe next year will be your year but probably not :)

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 04:58:46 pm
I also don't care how many points was scored in a qtr you still lost. Play 4.

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:00:50 pm
That doesn't matter. All that does is we're in the finals. And you're not, maybe next year will be your year but probably not :)
Lol it aint your year either buddy. Runner up. Semi-finals. Same difference when you ain't 1st. 2,3,4. Same difference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 09, 2017, 04:55:46 pm
Hey Horsefeathers I let you off the hook with my post about how Nemo was not gonna be back after their championship last year. I don't eat crow and don't like feeding it either even tho your response was Mahan Harrison and Munoz would like a word with you. Those three were great they just lost too much from team.

After watching them earlier this year I had changed my opinion of them....If that helps haha

Thechosen1

Quote from: 94hogs on March 09, 2017, 05:03:51 pm
Lol it aint your year either buddy. Runner up. Semi-finals. Same difference when you ain't 1st. 2,3,4. Same difference.
You may eat some crow on that one. And if you do, best believe you're gonna hear it form me.

94hogs

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 09, 2017, 04:48:47 pm
Bay couldn't even beat I.C.C.  How you gonna beat Norfork?  Not sure what you're smoking but Dodson led all scorers in that game.  She missed some free throws early, but played quite well. You ran your mouth all last week about the Bay boys.  Looks like you would've learned your lesson.  Maybe you're just not very intelligent.
Without Dodson, Norfork doesn't make semi-finals.

John M.

TheChosen1........the fan that makes all of Bay cringe at the sight of his posts......

94hogs

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 09, 2017, 05:05:37 pm
You may eat some crow on that one. And if you do, best believe you're gonna hear it form me.
I mean unless 3 of 5 of wv starters stay in the lockeroom or its 8 on 5(which that i would believe) bay loses.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas