• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverside vs Episcopal

Started by NeaBaller21, March 03, 2017, 07:24:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebelfan77

I don't sense any bitterness. Just telling the truth. Riverside didn't come to play today. He wasn't the only one running his mouth from EPS

John M.

Anybody that has watched Riverside knew they would go only as far as Stone could take them. The hope was that they could get a lift from others like they did from Sain against Charleston. I think he had 11 in the 1st half of that game. Today nobody stepped up and Gavin's legs were gone late in the 3rd quarter. It was a good run for the Rebels but ECS was clearly the better team.

Central AR

March 04, 2017, 05:27:20 pm #52 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:32:03 pm by Central AR
Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2017, 05:19:24 pm
Not really. Just stating a fact.  He was excellent at mouth running if nothing else. Congrats to EC$.

What does him talking trash to the other team have to do with ECS spanking Riverside? Nothing. EC$? Salty brother. Time to move on. Those kids except 1 have been going to ECS since the beginning. 1 transfer out of its 18 or so players and he even sat out a year. If it wasn't for the refs being from Riverside and Brasfield getting in foul trouble that might have been a 30+ win.

Lrbasketballguru

Who are y'all talking about running his mouth?

Central AR

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 04, 2017, 05:30:21 pm
Who are y'all talking about running his mouth?

He's talking about Brasfield. Has zero to do with the outcome of the game. Him pointing that out will make him happy inside.

RedWolf275

Lol! You guys are so arrogant! Everybody outside of your little clan knows what goes on down there. Spot a good elementary kid and here comes some of that creative "financial aid".

neds

Quote from: John M. on March 04, 2017, 05:20:26 pm
Anybody that has watched Riverside knew they would go only as far as Stone could take them. The hope was that they could get a lift from others like they did from Sain against Charleston. I think he had 11 in the 1st half of that game. Today nobody stepped up and Gavin's legs were gone late in the 3rd quarter. It was a good run for the Rebels but ECS was clearly the better team.

This makes a lot of sense. Rarely can one player dominate enough to make the difference this deep in the play-offs. Certainly last year was an exception and Cedar Ridge had the player to carry them. It is a lot to ask when you put a W on the one guy. Stone was very good and Riverside was too.

neds

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2017, 05:34:37 pm
Lol! You guys are so arrogant! Everybody outside of your little clan knows what goes on down there. Spot a good elementary kid and here comes some of that creative "financial aid".

You were prepared for the loss before the game started. You should have more faith in your team.
No one from ECS was saying we would win by 15, that was your poster.

Lrbasketballguru

I know Brasfield shouldn't have responded how he did but he was harangued by Riverside the whole game, fans and players. However, as I said, the key is to never respond in the first place.

Central AR

You really have zero idea what you are talking about. Honestly you really know nothing about this topic or have any evidence to look at. I've been around these guys for a while. Their best players weren't even that good in middle school and such. Elementary recruiting? You think these kids getting recruited to Duke too? Hahaha man get off this website.

Rebelfan77

You people base too much of your lives on High school athletes. Constantly posting about how you got cheated if you lose and trash the other team when you won. My son has played at Riverside since 3rd grade and I couldn't be prouder of how all of our boys. Now EPS move on to who ever you will play and Riverside fans it's baseball season!!!

Central AR

Elementary recruiting? That post was so stupid, you're making me reply twice. Seriously man you need help if you think ECS recruits. You realize how much talent is in LR? Every Little Rock school has solid players for the most part. Public or private. If they seriously recruited they would have more than 1 transfer in the last 5 years. And ECS is probably the 5th or 6th best team in LR. You sir are a moron.

RedWolf275

I can tell that as they say, the truth hurts by how defensive you guys get! It's very funny how you have to resort to name calling like some little kid. By the way, don't think I'm the only one who thinks this. Private schools need to play private schools and let the public schools play each other.

Central AR

March 04, 2017, 06:42:36 pm #63 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:47:31 pm by Central AR
Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2017, 06:40:01 pm
I can tell that as they say, the truth hurts by how defensive you guys get! It's very funny how you have to resort to name calling like some little kid. By the way, don't think I'm the only one who thinks this. Private schools need to play private schools and let the public schools play each other.

No it's I'm being defensive because how disrespectful you are being towards Riverside and ECS. You are giving them excuses for losing and you want to play public schools in Little Rock? Sorry most of them are 4A and up. And a majority of them are better than ECS. So I actually think you would rather play ECS...

Honest question. Were you being serious about elementary recruiting? What's the main daycares the coaches go to? Hahah man you're dead wrong about this one. Hang it up. Your team lost a much better squad today.

Lrbasketballguru

bbfan89

March 04, 2017, 06:52:38 pm #65 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:54:25 pm by bbfan89
Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 05:38:26 pm
You really have zero idea what you are talking about. Honestly you really know nothing about this topic or have any evidence to look at. I've been around these guys for a while. Their best players weren't even that good in middle school and such. Elementary recruiting? You think these kids getting recruited to Duke too? Hahaha man get off this website.
Your the one who is clueless. I am around coaches and athletic directors every day. There have been and will continue to be some sweet offers made to the parents of great athletes and ECS is included in that group. The thing that gets me most is that if these kids didn't meet your schools needs they would not get the time of day from most of you.

General Lee

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 06:42:36 pm
No it's I'm being defensive because how disrespectful you are being towards Riverside and ECS. You are giving them excuses for losing and you want to play public schools in Little Rock? Sorry most of them are 4A and up. And a majority of them are better than ECS. So I actually think you would rather play ECS...

Honest question. Were you being serious about elementary recruiting? What's the main daycares the coaches go to? Hahah man you're dead wrong about this one. Hang it up. Your team lost a much better squad today.

Pretty sure they would still be playing 3A school's!lol  Not the LR public schools that are bigger! It's a fact that if this was put to a vote it would be a landslide victory for the private schools to play each other.
Answer one question for me. If private schools don't recruit then why does the AAA feel the need to put in a multiplier??

Central AR

Quote from: bbfan89 on March 04, 2017, 06:52:38 pm
Your the one who is clueless. I am around coaches and athletic directors every day. There have been and will continue to be some sweet offers made to the parents of great athletes and ECS is included in that group. The thing that gets me most is that if these kids didn't meet your schools needs they would not get the time of day from most of you.

Show me evidence. You will find none of ECS. Go ahead. You are making assumptions. I've been around a lot of these programs. I know a lot more about this issue than you.

Central AR

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:01:26 pm
Pretty sure they would still be playing 3A school's!lol  Not the LR public schools that are bigger! It's a fact that if this was put to a vote it would be a landslide victory for the private schools to play each other.
Answer one question for me. If private schools don't recruit then why does the AAA feel the need to put in a multiplier??

How does ECS recruit? These kids have been going there way before high school? 1 transfer in 5 years is recruiting? Im waiting.

Central AR

One last thing. If ECS is recruiting they aren't doing a great job of it because that said they have isn't even a top 5 team in Little Rock. They could have chosen much better players. I think people forget LR is the biggest city in the state and has always been known for basketball over football. It's really easy to connect these dots. Every school in LR for the most part has great players. Public or private. 2A to 7A.

RedWolf275

Quote from: bbfan89 on March 04, 2017, 06:52:38 pm

This is very true. I don't know about about the ECS guys but I would be willing to bet I could have looked at the Robinsons or Brasfield in the 3rd grade and would have known they were going to be athletes and ballers.

General Lee

I have no idea how they recruit, you tell us. That transfer was pretty important today though! Wasn't he?
I'm still waiting to hear what ya'll have to say about the multiplier rule? Why do you think they have that?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 08:46:25 am
That's my fault on stating ECS would be the quickest team they've seen all year. I forgot they played Osceola and a few other teams this year. I got to say Bald Knob should keep bidding for the 3A tournament. Their staff is so friendly and facilities are good for 3A. Love going to this place.
+1

It's also somewhat centrally located and relatively easy to get to, being located on US 67 and US 64. Much better than where it's been the last couple of years.

General Lee

Central AR

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:11:30 pm
I have no idea how they recruit, you tell us. That transfer was pretty important today though! Wasn't he?
I'm still waiting to hear what ya'll have to say about the multiplier rule? Why do you think they have that?

Read my last reply. That will answer every question you have. LR has the best basketball teams in the state every year. It's been like that for years. Public or private. Majority of them do well. I'm sorry your team ran into a LR school. The outcome is not a surprise.

cdelaney

Central AR

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:13:40 pm
I'm waiting...

I really have no idea why. You not realize LR is known for basketball. So much talent. So many schools. Come on man.

Central AR

Quote from: cdelaney on March 04, 2017, 07:16:19 pm
There is no multiplier.  You can stop waiting.

Exactly. Such sad sad people.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2017, 06:40:01 pm
Wah, hah, hah. It's not fair. Boo hoo.

RedWolf275

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:01:26 pm

They have no answer for the multiplier. The multiplier tells anybody who has any sense that the AAA knows there are huge advantages for the privates like this very murky financial aid they can supply to selected students.

General Lee

Multiplier/move up a class...whatever!
Tell us why they would move the private schools up a class??

Central AR

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2017, 07:20:15 pm
They have no answer for the multiplier. The multiplier tells anybody who has any sense that the AAA knows there are huge advantages for the privates like this very murky financial aid they can supply to selected students.

Funny thing is, I know a few guys who live right next to ECS and go to a public school instead because they can't afford it. If ECS was public, they would be a lot better because those guys would be forced to attend. And why not pay those kids who live right next to your campus? They would start? Salty salty fans.

Central AR

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:26:38 pm

Did those multiplier's you are discussing score any points today? Hahah and like I said little guy. If ECS does recruit, they need to hire a new scout because they would lose to a majority of these other Little Rock schools.

BAMA#16

Not a fan of private schools playing public schools in the playoffs, but they may get a kid here or there that is very talented. CHS played them in non conference earlier in the year in football, and if they recruited, the football team would have been better, they do make a point about the LR schools in basketball, in 7a boys and girls both are in the state finals.

Ctucker

Man public schools can recruit more than private quit whining.

Central AR

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:26:38 pm

Public schools move up and down too.

General Lee

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 07:29:15 pm
Did those multiplier's you are discussing score any points today? Hahah and like I said little guy. If ECS does recruit, they need to hire a new scout because they would lose to a majority of these other Little Rock schools.

So you have no answer?? Once again resorting to calling names.
I will ask again, why would the AAA or the large majority of other associations in the United States feel the need to add a multiplier or class bump to the private schools if they didn't have an unfair advantage?
For the record, there are many states that completely separate public from private.
I'm waiting...probably childish name calling but I'll wait for that too.

General Lee

Central AR

March 04, 2017, 07:43:43 pm #88 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:45:53 pm by Central AR
Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:41:21 pm
Oh please explain

Clarksville went from 4A to 5A in 2012 or 13. Greenwood went up to 6A. Alma same then went back to 5A. Classes change all the time. Did you really not know public and and private schools change classifications all the time? Like man are you serious?

Lrbasketballguru

March 04, 2017, 07:45:38 pm #89 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:55:29 am by Lrbasketballguru
I agree with central ark; Episcopal truly does not recruit. But they will be a top 5 program in central Arkansas once again in a few years

General Lee

lol!!
Gaining and losing kids isn't what we are talking about. Riverside was 2A last year. They didn't get bumped to 3A this year because they are private, nor did Clarksville.
Try again, still waiting...

General Lee

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 04, 2017, 07:45:38 pm
I agree with central ark; Episcopal truly does not recruit. But they will be a top 5 program in central arkansas in a few years as they were a couple years ago.

Sorry all other private schools give them a bad name then. AAA feels they have some sort of unfair advantage.

Central AR

March 04, 2017, 07:48:14 pm #92 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:54:57 pm by Central AR
Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:46:30 pm
lol!!
Gaining and losing kids isn't what we are talking about. Riverside was 2A last year. They didn't get bumped to 3A this year because they are private, nor did Clarksville.
Try again, still waiting...

You ever consider that these private schools go down as well? And they have enrollments that swing just like any other school. Shiloh has been up and down. Same for PA. Same for EVERYONE

Central AR

March 04, 2017, 07:50:32 pm #93 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:52:34 pm by Central AR
Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 07:48:01 pm
Sorry all other private schools give them a bad name then. AAA feels they have some sort of unfair advantage.

Maybe an advantage because these kids can live wherever. But that doesn't explain that these private schools should be better though. Public schools in LR have way more transfers than private. Answer that one for me. Like if they truly do recruit wouldn't they have transfers? Like besides 1 in last 5 years? Answer that 1

RedWolf275

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 07:48:14 pm
You ever consider that these private schools go down as well? And they have enrollments that swing just like any other school.

I think this guy is either a kid or maybe just thinks everybody else was born yesterday. I could call him some very serious names but I won't drop to his childish name calling. Look at some of his responses to your questions. They are pretty incoherent and certainly don't answer the question about the class move up for privates.

Central AR

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2017, 07:56:55 pm
I think this guy is either a kid or maybe just thinks everybody else was born yesterday. I could call him some very serious names but I won't drop to his childish name calling. Look at some of his responses to your questions. They are pretty incoherent and certainly don't answer the question about the class move up for privates.

So he's asking why a private school goes up in class? So like from 4A to 5A? Could it be more kids are starting to attend the school? Why do they move down though? Because they have before. Interesting

neds

General Lee I believe you know the reason the AAA places a 'multiplier' on private schools. It is done due to the fact that they have no geographical boundaries like public schools do. It is a valid point and even though ECS is 2A in enrollment they play 3A. No complaining from me and the AAA has a valid point.
I'm not going to call anyone names, etc. This is high school sports not medical science.
I made my points in earlier posts today on this subject. NLR in a state championship year, McClellan in a championship year and Maumelle this year all had/have multiple transfers on their teams.
My last point is that this issue only comes up when a private school wins. No one complained when ECS lost all their football games this year, I guess poor recruiting is to blame.
The Episcopal community is sensitive to this issue because it comes up every time they win. Name calling, using a $ symbol in the school name are just in your face disrespectful. Sensitive yes.
Two good teams played today and I'm proud of mine for winning.

Central AR

Quote from: neds on March 04, 2017, 08:03:45 pm
General Lee I believe you know the reason the AAA places a 'multiplier' on private schools. It is done due to the fact that they have no geographical boundaries like public schools do. It is a valid point and even though ECS is 2A in enrollment they play 3A. No complaining from me and the AAA has a valid point.
I'm not going to call anyone names, etc. This is high school sports not medical science.
I made my points in earlier posts today on this subject. NLR in a state championship year, McClellan in a championship year and Maumelle this year all had/have multiple transfers on their teams.
My last point is that this issue only comes up when a private school wins. No one complained when ECS lost all their football games this year, I guess poor recruiting is to blame.
The Episcopal community is sensitive to this issue because it comes up every time they win. Name calling, using a $ symbol in the school name are just in your face disrespectful. Sensitive yes.
Two good teams played today and I'm proud of mine for winning.

Great post. My question for them is... let's say ECS does recruit. Let's say it's happening. Why are they not getting the best players in LR who go to public schools? Why are the 2 kids who live right next to ECS not being recruited who start for a public school in LR. I know them personally and their parents can't afford ECS. Yet that's a perfect fit because they live right next to the school and are good enough to start. I think these private schools need better recruiters because these public schools have more talent. It's a shame they pay players but they aren't getting anywhere near the best. Interesting huh?!?!

General Lee

The reason that most states installed a multiplier is because the private schools were winning championships at too high of a rate based on the total number of private schools.
I'm still not sure Central understands that states move schools up just because they are private.

RedWolf275

Quote from: General Lee on March 04, 2017, 08:33:51 pm
The reason that most states installed a multiplier is because the private schools were winning championships at too high of a rate based on the total number of private schools.
I'm still not sure Central understands that states move schools up just because they are private.

Central doesn't understand jack!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas