• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Baseball

Started by OB11, March 02, 2017, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 06, 2017, 01:30:21 pm
Had to figure it would be.

Figure Hilson will lock it up against the Neves (spelling?) kid?

That would be the matchup if I had to guess. Should be a good one if that's the case.

Nomad1324

What are some other good match ups this week? If the weather holds and my work schedule permits, I might try to make it to a couple.

ricepig

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 06, 2017, 01:30:21 pm
Had to figure it would be.

Figure Hilson will lock it up against the Neves (spelling?) kid?

Jonesboro has a "conference" game against FC tomorrow, weather permitting, so it could depend on how they set up their rotation.

Head Lion

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 06, 2017, 12:46:46 pm
Lions jumping with both feet Head Lion?

How's the Jr High looking over there?
Lost at Palestine Wheatley Saturday behind 7 errors. Not to make an excuse, but kids hadn't been in cage or field for 3 days supporting hi school boys in state tournament. Got some arms & just got to put some work in.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 06, 2017, 03:42:05 pm
Jonesboro has a "conference" game against FC tomorrow, weather permitting, so it could depend on how they set up their rotation.

I agree.  Depends on how they set up their rotation.  We have plenty to place on the mound.  When our hitting and pitching meet up, and it will, we will compete with anyone.

And you spelled the kids name correctly for Jonesboro.  Just remember "SEVEN" spelled backward.  Which is part of the reason he has 77 on his back.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on March 06, 2017, 03:42:05 pm

No offense to FC but Jonesboro could probably throw a few of their JV guys and come away with a win in that one.

This game has been rescheduled to Wednesday btw.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland at Gosnell rescheduled for tomorrow

Redwolves8526

Marion at Nettleton rescheduled for tomorrow at 4:30. Conference double header

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on March 07, 2017, 09:05:16 am
No offense to FC but Jonesboro could probably throw a few of their JV guys and come away with a win in that one.

This game has been rescheduled to Wednesday btw.

Well, you never know in baseball, lol.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 07, 2017, 09:32:58 am
Marion at Nettleton rescheduled for tomorrow at 4:30. Conference double header

Why are some conference games DH's, and some not? Is it just scheduling preferences for some schools?

Big Country

Any body seen Corning play this year?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2017, 09:49:22 am
Why are some conference games DH's, and some not? Is it just scheduling preferences for some schools?

Marion will only have two games conference games that are actual 7 inning double headers that both count towards conference record. I believe the reasoning is that the season length will not allow a home-home series with every conference opponent before tournament time. I'll have to get back with you on that, I may be wrong.

On a side note, I believe everyone in the conference plays double headers, but the 2nd game is usually a 5 inning JV game. 

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 07, 2017, 01:51:13 pm
Marion will only have two games conference games that are actual 7 inning double headers that both count towards conference record. I believe the reasoning is that the season length will not allow a home-home series with every conference opponent before tournament time. I'll have to get back with you on that, I may be wrong.

On a side note, I believe everyone in the conference plays double headers, but the 2nd game is usually a 5 inning JV game.

Yeah, long time 6A baseball fan, I just noticed that some of the games were DH's and some weren't. We did the home and home the last two years, I guess with 18 conference games it was a squeeze. Actually, the Jonesboro schedule show Marion and Jonesboro playing a home and home, four days apart.

OB11

Gavin Stone went 3 for 4 against Corning with 2 RBI.  Looks like he didn't miss a beat.

Head Lion

Big early season matchup tomorrow at Lake City, when the Lions come to town.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats Nettleton 5-3, weird game, lol.

T-Bone

March 09, 2017, 08:17:41 pm #66 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:20:17 pm by T-Bone
Ricepig,

You got on here before I did so I will change mine and not repeat.  Not really a weird game to me.  I hope PJ is ok.  The first time he reached up and grabbed his arm I would have taken him out.  No win or loss is worth a hurt player and I felt he was feeling something.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 09, 2017, 08:17:41 pm
Ricepig,

You got on here before I did so I will change mine and not repeat.  Not really a weird game to me.  I hope PJ is ok.  The first time he reached up and grabbed his arm I would have taken him out.  No win or loss is worth a hurt player and I felt he was feeling something.

Most times when you have a 5-0 lead, you have more than 1 hit, or at least at this level of ball. It was a game you felt that Jonesboro was in control, but yet, they weren't.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 09, 2017, 08:34:22 pm
Most times when you have a 5-0 lead, you have more than 1 hit, or at least at this level of ball. It was a game you felt that Jonesboro was in control, but yet, they weren't.

First four innings we were in control.  The next two were good but some bad luck.  The last one went well but the rain didn't help.  And I have to say that ump had the tightest strike zone of any I have seen lately.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 09, 2017, 08:38:03 pm
First four innings we were in control.  The next two were good but some bad luck.  The last one went well but the rain didn't help.  And I have to say that ump had the tightest strike zone of any I have seen lately.

Well, if the FC catcher could catch the pitch, it was a strike last night, lol. I thought it was a fair strike zone, but I didn't have a vested interest in it.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 09, 2017, 08:47:38 pm
Well, if the FC catcher could catch the pitch, it was a strike last night, lol. I thought it was a fair strike zone, but I didn't have a vested interest in it.

I won't complain just saying the zone was tight.  When PJ first went out first inning I was getting a little worried.  Last night I felt sorry for FC.  I think the umps extended their zones to speed game towards the end.

Head Lion

Manila plays Walnut Ridge at 4:00 today followed by Westside at 6:30 @ Manila.

NEA Razorback olfan

Armorel 0
Brookland 11
Final  in 5inn

OB11

Jonesboro's scheduled game with Christian Brothers has been moved to Wednesday due to weather.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on March 13, 2017, 01:28:46 pm
Jonesboro's scheduled game with Christian Brothers has been moved to Wednesday due to weather.

So DH Wednesday and Thursday, single game Friday? Good thing they have a lot of pitching.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 02:18:29 pm
So DH Wednesday and Thursday, single game Friday? Good thing they have a lot of pitching.

Being early in the season this will be a test on any high school team.  My schedule may not be modified but I see Wednesday being V,V then Thursday in Blytheville a V only game then Friday V,JV.   I may not be up to date on them but thought Thursday was a single V game out of town?  Early and cold is not good for baseball but it is what it is. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 13, 2017, 04:31:11 pm
Being early in the season this will be a test on any high school team.  My schedule may not be modified but I see Wednesday being V,V then Thursday in Blytheville a V only game then Friday V,JV.   I may not be up to date on them but thought Thursday was a single V game out of town?  Early and cold is not good for baseball but it is what it is.

Blytheville is a "conference" game and doesn't show up again on the schedule, so I assumed it was a conference DH. I could be wrong.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 04:33:53 pm
Blytheville is a "conference" game and doesn't show up again on the schedule, so I assumed it was a conference DH. I could be wrong.

Either way it will be a test.  I hope only one game Thursday but could be two.  Coaches will be challenged to who is on the bump and when this week.  Hope our sticks are productive to help anyone on the mound.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 13, 2017, 04:45:08 pm
Either way it will be a test.  I hope only one game Thursday but could be two.  Coaches will be challenged to who is on the bump and when this week.  Hope our sticks are productive to help anyone on the mound.

And then turn around and play 4 games in Florida, busy 9 days.

ricepig

Jonesboro sweeps Christian Brothers, 3-2 and 6-4.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 08:30:54 pm
Jonesboro sweeps Christian Brothers, 3-2 and 6-4.

Christian Brothers always seem to have a good team.  JHS just showed up today and played good team ball.  There were a few more errors in the field than is acceptable but our pitching was good and our bats were pretty darn good today as well.  For games in temperatures under 40 I was surprised we didn't have more errors.  Ready for some hot baseball.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on March 15, 2017, 10:24:00 pm
Christian Brothers always seem to have a good team.  JHS just showed up today and played good team ball.  There were a few more errors in the field than is acceptable but our pitching was good and our bats were pretty darn good today as well.  For games in temperatures under 40 I was surprised we didn't have more errors.  Ready for some hot baseball.

Congrats !!

ricepig

March 16, 2017, 08:06:54 am #82 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:41:57 am by ricepig
Quote from: T-Bone on March 15, 2017, 10:24:00 pm

Their lefty pitcher in the first game is a Alabama signee, I believe. I didn't realize they were ranked so high pre-season, fwiw.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/super-25-preseason-baseball-no-8-christian-brothers-memphis#sthash.Sw3D0Yj3.uxfs

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 08:06:54 am
Their lefty pitcher in the first game is a Alabama signee, I believe. I didn't realize they were ranked so high pre-season, fwiw.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/super-25-preseason-baseball-no-8-christian-brothers-memphis#sthash.Sw3D0Yj3.uxfs

They are a good team and usually are.  No matter what the ranking have down they are words and anything can happen during a game.  In the first game when the first batter came up and hit that nice single I got a little worried.  They did have I believe 5 hits and one walk and could only get 2 runs out of it.  Christian Brothers is a solid team but JHS has some talent when the team plays like a team.  Now again both sides had far to many errors.  Those were two important games to win in my opinion.  It proves we can compete with good teams. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 16, 2017, 10:50:07 am
They are a good team and usually are.  No matter what the ranking have down they are words and anything can happen during a game.  In the first game when the first batter came up and hit that nice single I got a little worried.  They did have I believe 5 hits and one walk and could only get 2 runs out of it.  Christian Brothers is a solid team but JHS has some talent when the team plays like a team.  Now again both sides had far to many errors.  Those were two important games to win in my opinion.  It proves we can compete with good teams.

Yeah, it wasn't a well played game, JHS had an error which allowed one unearned one, and ran themselves out of a couple of potential other runs. Jonesboro needs to get their bats going, there's a reason to the musical chairs on several positions. I realize the first guy was going to be hard to get hits off, but his relief threw 75-78, BP speed.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 11:31:09 am
Yeah, it wasn't a well played game, JHS had an error which allowed one unearned one, and ran themselves out of a couple of potential other runs. Jonesboro needs to get their bats going, there's a reason to the musical chairs on several positions. I realize the first guy was going to be hard to get hits off, but his relief threw 75-78, BP speed.

I am with you on the bats and I do believe we will get more going soon.  Some were better than normal and we actually had some decent hits.

NEA Razorback olfan

Manila at Brookland  tonight DH

NEA Razorback olfan

Game 1
Manila 3
Brookland 4
Final

Bot 6
Manila 4
Brookland 9

NEA Razorback olfan

Manila 4
Brookland 10

Final

RedWolf275

Nice sweep for Brookland.

T-Bone

Blytheville 1
Jonesboro 25

Odd game.  Felt bad for Blytheville but how do you keep the score down when the whole team was producing? 

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 16, 2017, 08:21:00 pm
Manila 4
Brookland 10

Final
congrats Bearcats, we have a lot of work to do.

NEA Razorback olfan

March 16, 2017, 09:56:27 pm #92 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:06:53 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Head Lion on March 16, 2017, 09:18:44 pm

HL, Manila has a lot of talent they should do will in postseason.

Got good defense tonight with good pitching
Soph -Jake Algee gets win after coming in relief for Brandon Glenn in game 1
Jr -Trevor Jones hurls complete 2nd game

Nomad1324

Any teams staying around here and playing over the Spring Break? I'm going to be free a couple of days and would like to see some good baseball over the week.

MrBackup10

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 17, 2017, 10:08:44 am
Any teams staying around here and playing over the Spring Break? I'm going to be free a couple of days and would like to see some good baseball over the week.
Pocahontas at Walnut Ridge on Monday

Nomad1324

Quote from: MrBackup10 on March 17, 2017, 11:24:20 am
Pocahontas at Walnut Ridge on Monday

After all the things that were posted about Pocahontas, I'm interested in seeing the Redskins this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Pokey at Brookland today at 4

OB11

Bald Knob at Jonesboro today.

Nomad1324

Quote from: Head Lion on March 16, 2017, 09:18:44 pm

Aren't these kids working on their third head coach in three years? Could that have something to do with it, maybe?

NEA Razorback olfan

Pokey 1
Brookland 2
Final

Soph  Chandler Taylor picks up 2nd win , hurls complete game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas